Starring
    Jet Li
    Zhou Xun
    Chen Kun
    Louis Fan Siu-wong
    Chris Li Yuchun
    Kwai Lun-mei
    Mavis Fan
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://twitchfilm.com/news/Flying%20Swords%20of%20Dragon%20Gate%202.jpg')
    Hello ,have anyone watch this movie here ,are it better than it 1992 version Dragon Inn?

Will watch it after new year's day. The trailer looks OK but not a big of the flying CGI. But I think it would be better than other movies out aroudn the same time. At least it is guaranteed it is wuxia genre.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Chen Kun is soooooo good!!
    What is Beauty but just a name?
    For the Rose returns to the Dust from whence it came.

Quote Originally Posted by laugh View Post
    Chen Kun is soooooo good!!
    Chen Kun was wonderful! And HOT!! IMO he outshone even Jet Li. But I didn't quite dig the movie. The plot twists here were over-the-top and sometimes didn't make much sense.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Chen Kun was wonderful! And HOT!! IMO he outshone even Jet Li. But I didn't quite dig the movie. The plot twists here were over-the-top and sometimes didn't make much sense.
    I love both Jet Li and Chen Kun , but Chen Kun totally stole the show He was just too good

I really enjoyed this movie. Probably because I didn't care too much about the plot and only watched it for the awesome fight scenes

I actually like this movie but it could have done without the CGI and 3D effects. They were just distracting to the wonderful fighting choreography (it was filmed very beautifully in the desert)

The plot is confusing. It is supposed to happed after the original "New Dragon Inn", but probabaly due to copyright issues, the characters have similar but different names, and exist during a different reign (NDI takes place in Jing Tai Era, and FSODG takes place during Cheng Hua Era), but have identical experiences and goals.

I thought Jet Li really paled in here with the lack of character development as Tsui Hark assumes that viewers have watched NDI first. Same with Zhou Xun. It is easy to get lost in their conversation about their past. However, the film is redeemed by the Chen Kun ( ) who was awesome in his roles and quite adorable as well. He shares good chemistry with Li Yu Chun (who actually does quite well in the action scenes) and the rest of the casts. Kwai Lun Mei's acting is so-so but she has a fun character. The shooting of the fights are really well designed for the girls without martial arts background.

There are a few strange plot twists along the way but nothing too absurd. I like the parallels drawn between Zhou Xun's characater's past and Li Yu Chun's character. I found it a fun movie.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly