Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Female Prime Minister 《女相》 - Chen Xiao, Zhao Li Ying, Yang Rong

thanks everyone for responding to my questions...we need to post more often!!

I kinda like how the next episode always explains lu Zhen's behaviour...i think a later episode explains that Lu Zhen is also worried about the repurcussions of being with Gao Zhan considering Gao Zhan told her about his 'past' (ie. the step mom murder, his brother taking his throne etc)...so that's also why she reacted that way towards him...

regarding his relationship with huanyun...what is the significance of the guan yin statues?? i too agree that his relationship isnt over with her especially when he secretly kept all those statues...i think there's going to be a major yelling match again when its revealed...

I just completed watching episode 23...am feeling short changed because each episode's got about 4 mins (sometimes more) recap of the previous episodes... at the rate we are going, 17 episodes per week, its gonna take us roughly 2 weeks to finish the show...one week's gone by already come to think of it...

anyway...i just realised all this women admiring Gao Zhan is all because of Gao Zhan...he really needs to stop smiling at gals!!! and his just dumb!!!! He should have remembered Lu Zhen telling his how Shen Bi was treating him and yet he believes her when she says she's concerned about Lu Zhen...

Does anyone realised that all the girls are fighting to get Gao Zhan's attention and trying to worm themselves into his life by being his wife/concubine or even a servant just so they can be near him? But Lu Zhen's all who cares? and is more interested in edvancing her career and learning new skills (totally niu qiang ren!)... no wonder Gao Zhan goes nuts over her!!!

Question: Who's the shang gong whom Lu Zhen helps copy books and goes to whenever she needs help? How come she's the only one who has a male attendant while the other shang gong all have female attendants? Who's the female in the jail next to Lu Zhen?

Joecole --> love your post on Gao Zhan's attire...perhaps you can make one on the various Shang Gong? There's so many and each wearing different colours...getting a little messed up on who's higer ranked...

swtaznlaydee --> thanks for the screenshots of the half naked chen xiao...debating if I should post those on my office pc...perhaps it might tide me over till i get home to watch the next 3 episodes!!
    Last edited by yannlc; 05-14-13 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post
    regarding his relationship with huanyun...what is the significance of the guan yin statues?? i too agree that his relationship isnt over with her especially when he secretly kept all those statues...i think there's going to be a major yelling match again when its revealed...
    Originally in the drama, Xiao Huanyun's name was Xiao Guanyin. SARFT actually made the production change her name after everything was filmed. All the Guan Yin statues in his room should make sense now.

I do agree that Gao Zhan has the best wardrobe in the entire drama. Scratch that, he has the best wardrobe for an ancient male character ever! Whoever styled him for this drama deserves a fat raise because they made him look reeeaaalll good.

anyway...i just realised all this women admiring Gao Zhan is all because of Gao Zhan...he really needs to stop smiling at gals!!! and his just dumb!!!! He shouldnt have remembered Lu Zhen telling his how Shen Bi was treating him and yet he believes her when she says she's concerned about Lu Zhen...
    LOLOLOL! Yea he needs to stop smiling so much...making all the girls in (and outside the drama!) going nuts over him. My goodness even he was able to make Shen Bi smile like an innocent girl with a crush.

Shen Jiamin is so annoying. I think I can stand evil, scheming characters but immature babies are so irritating.

Yu Zheng posted this picture of our adorable couple on his weibo:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4827a92djw1e4mzvq1aywj20fm0nedi9.jpg')

Definitely won the award for awkward couple pose...Top part is extremely cute...Don't know what's going on with the bottom part LOL.
    Last edited by happyswallow; 05-14-13 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Originally in the drama, Xiao Huanyun's name was Xiao Guanyin. SARFT actually made the production change her name after everything was filmed. All the Guan Yin statues in his room should make sense now.

I do agree that Gao Zhan has the best wardrobe in the entire drama. Scratch that, he has the best wardrobe for an ancient male character ever! Whoever styled him for this drama deserves a fat raise because they made him look reeeaaalll good.
    That does make a lot more sense than how they explained in the current version of the drama, that Huan Yun just gave him the jade Guan Yin as a gift. I mean it's strange that he still collects them in the current case even if he still isn't over her yet, but it says a lot more knowing that he's still collecting statues of a deity that shares a previous lover's name. And agreed. Gao Zhan's wardrobe is just such eye candy!

After seeing up to 23, I see what Lu Zhen means about his identity being an issue as well in regards to his situation with the empress dowager. Lu Zhen isn't exactly proficient when it comes to the sort of scheming required to exist in the inner palace, especially when it's against two powers, one of whom she's not even completely aware of fully (since she doesn't know about Huan Yun's relationship with Gao Zhan yet). Though I think ultimately she'd be willing to stand up against the empress dowager for Gao Zhan? Though that sort of scheming lifestyle really doesn't suit her.

Actually I'm not too fond of where this is currently going, since I don't really enjoy seeing a bunch of women scheming left and right for one guy being the focal point of a story. I mean previously, the scheming between the empress dowager and Huan Yun was still focused upon a struggle for the throne, which I think is interesting. Now it seems to have degraded into a scheming battle between 5 women for Gao Zhan's affections. Though I realize Gao Zhan will eventually have to meet his future empress, but nonetheless, Shen Bi and that servant girl are both somewhat superfluous? To think that Gao Zhan has developed a harem in a single day's update... it doesn't help that the 3 new girls in love with him are somewhat flat too. In comparison, Huan Yun is much more interesting.
    Last edited by Ransi; 05-14-13 at 10:46 AM.

Huanyun is certainly more interesting than the rest of the group. I love the way Yang Rong portrays her...elegant, scheming, cold, with a hint of longing. Hard to believe Yang Rong is 6 years older than the rest of the cast!

I also find Shen Bi quite flat; she's just there to hate and assist the others until she can fully deal with Lu Zhen on her own. It looks like Shen Jiamin has another purpose for being in the palace and her reaction when she hears where Lu Zhen resides was interesting.

This story isn't unique or anything...I think most of us are watching the show for CX and ZLY. Pretty sure Yu Zheng knows this too...let's just hope he doesn't do anything over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransi View Post
    After seeing up to 23, I see what Lu Zhen means about his identity being an issue as well in regards to his situation with the empress dowager. Lu Zhen isn't exactly proficient when it comes to the sort of scheming required to exist in the inner palace, especially when it's against two powers, one of whom she's not even completely aware of fully (since she doesn't know about Huan Yun's relationship with Gao Zhan yet). Though I think ultimately she'd be willing to stand up against the empress dowager for Gao Zhan? Though that sort of scheming lifestyle really doesn't suit her.

Actually I'm not too fond of where this is currently going, since I don't really enjoy seeing a bunch of women scheming left and right for one guy being the focal point of a story. I mean previously, the scheming between the empress dowager and Huan Yun was still focused upon a struggle for the throne, which I think is interesting. Now it seems to have degraded into a scheming battle between 5 women for Gao Zhan's affections. Though I realize Gao Zhan will eventually have to meet his future empress, but nonetheless, Shen Bi and that servant girl are both somewhat superfluous? To think that Gao Zhan has developed a harem in a single day's update... it doesn't help that the 3 new girls in love with him are somewhat flat too. In comparison, Huan Yun is much more interesting.
    I had the exact same feelings watching yesterday's episodes (21-23). I felt like the drama had derailed somewhere and I was suddenly watching one of those palace scheming tv series. I just remembered some scenes from the trailer that indicates the scheming to get Gao Zhan is going to escalate and become more ridiculous. I'll be skipping those parts.

I loved the parts of Lu Zhen discovering/learning new techniques for pottery and educating herself. I was hoping for more interactions with the king to showcase her intelligence and skills. And there needs to be more scenes of her with Gao Zhan. I like how the yellow flower and white tiger has taken on a special meaning for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuchen View Post
    Yep, that is the one. Not quite similar to the one in the drama, right?!
    i hope so, since the history said emperor wu cheng/gao zhan is really bad emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderflonium View Post
    I loved the parts of Lu Zhen discovering/learning new techniques for pottery and educating herself. I was hoping for more interactions with the king to showcase her intelligence and skills.
    Those are my favorite scenes as well! I particularly liked the one when Gao Zhan was looking at Lu Zhen's desk and noticed her pottery engravings and annotated books. I would really love to see more of Lu Zhen's accomplishments and growth as a character. It's nice that Gao Yan appreciates her skills to such an extent, though I feel like due to the incident with Huan Yun, we won't really get to see any more of those moments in the future.

Episode 25 was really cute. Gao zhan and lu zhen finally made up. Shen bi is really annoying cuz she is such a goody old two faced. Also, Jiamin is such a whiner, boohoo. Both of them have such boring characters.

Quote Originally Posted by happyswallow View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4827a92djw1e4mzvq1aywj20fm0nedi9.jpg')

Definitely won the award for awkward couple pose...Top part is extremely cute...Don't know what's going on with the bottom part LOL.
    The above photo is cute, but I hate the fact it's overly PS! I prefer this one!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/mw690/4827a92djw1e4o6880m82j20ne0fm0uf.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw690/6f31a3acjw1e4o96654skg207p04jnpf.gif')

This scene is soo FREAKIN FUNNY!! I almost choke on my lunch when I saw it.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 05-14-13 at 10:14 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

For a couple with such undeniable chemistry, that picture is just catastrophic on the bottom half. I'm just gonna crop out the bottom and pretend it never happened. Seriously what were they thinking? They were too busy photoshopping the photo to notice what was really wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    The above photo is cute, but I hate the fact it's overly PS! I prefer this one!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/mw690/4827a92djw1e4o6880m82j20ne0fm0uf.jpg')
    It was funny how ZLY said that she preferred the original photo with her head round instead of elongated. I would probably prefer that too.

That picture is adorable! It's easy to find goodlooking leads, but so hard to find a pair that looks so good together like this. Chen Xiao was paired up with Yang Rong quite a few times already, and while YR is very pretty as well, their chemistry is not as apparent.

OMG YES that .gif!!! LOOOVE that scene. I was just going to post about it...too adorable. It looked like she pushed a bit too hard cause his head snapped back pretty quickly...hahaha.

ohhh...which episode is that?? It soo cute!

I havent caught up with last night episodes...am maratoning the novel, courtsey of Joecole...never in my life did i imagine my lousy chinese would hold up through 300+ pages in the last 2 days...off course that includes not doing work in the office!!

I finally finish the book...all I can say is gao zhan really is one zi qing guy.... sighhhhh...

I finally finish the book...all I can say is gao zhan really is one zi qing guy.... sighhhhh...
    What does zi qing mean? Which zi is this (I'm assuming it's qing as in ai qing...)?

WHERE on earth is Shen Jiayan? I'm getting annoyed with all these women scheming and doing the evil-eye and poor Lu Zhen has no idea why everyone hates her...lol.

Also, is Shen Jiayan/min related to Shen Bi in any way?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/mw690/6fe6b187jw1e4oyhnlasqj20c8218k40.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw690/4827a92djw1e4pcsshuo9j20ne0fm76f.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw690/6fe6b187jw1e4owty6crpj20c80gfwgz.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/mw690/681ab3edjw1e4p89uy3jnj20m315m12n.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/681ab3edjw1e4oryjfw4aj20c83ggnad.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/681ab3edjw1e4op2nqv87j20hm13an25.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/681ab3edjw1e4o3xbsid7j20c80yv42k.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/681ab3edjw1e4nvtkoydnj20lw0rbgpq.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/681ab3edjw1e4o7iydqhaj20sc0scdj7.jpg')

What does zi qing mean? Which zi is this (I'm assuming it's qing as in ai qing...)?

WHERE on earth is Shen Jiayan? I'm getting annoyed with all these women scheming and doing the evil-eye and poor Lu Zhen has no idea why everyone hates her...lol.

Also, is Shen Jiayan/min related to Shen Bi in any way?
    sorry my note doesnt have chinese characters so i type hanyupinying (and wrongly!) i meant to say chi qing as in 痴情 where he's totally crazy in love with her and his love for her is steadfast...but i just google for the chinese characters and apparently 痴情 means infatuation? Gao Zhan's not infatuated...he's totally crazily in love with Lu Zhen and damn sure that she's the only one for him...

no wonder all the girls go crazy over him...cos they want that kind of 'love' for themselves...me included!

Shen Bi and Shen Jiayan are related...some distant relations...

Shen Jiayan should be coming up soon...

the scheming to harm lu zhen isnt just about them scheming to harm her because of Gao Zhan's affection...there's also and political motivation behind the schemes...

thanks swatznlaydee for the screenshots!!!

As much as I dislike YZ as producer, this show has got to be one of his best works. Pity there are still silly aspects that are just so unrealistic like when HuanYun tears up the gold origami bird and the sky rains gold specks for like an entire minute. Luckily the lead actor and actress are also good at what they do.