Thread: Arguement with a superior/boss

Default Arguement with a superior/boss

Need some quick tips.

Had a bit of a weird situation at work last week, where I tried to fix up something.

My boss offered an opinion, but I was unable to do it his way because trying to fix the consequence of his suggested management.

He didn't seem that interested with him being in the corner of the room looking at a newspaper puzzle.

Ended discussing the science of what he suggested vs what I did- and he ended up with saying "I think you are making things up" and walked out of the room.

Finished up the case myself and haven't spoken to him since but would be working with him again next week.

What do I do?

a) Pretend ignorance and chat pleasantries when I saw him?

b) Apologize to him and try to explain? (although I didn't think I really did anything terribly wrong)

{Details omitted for professional reasons}

Thanks for advice,
    Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Hi Han, hope am not too late to give my 2cents here.

I'd suggest to clear things up before u work together. If u weren't as he said "making things up", just tell him u didn't. If this is necessary: ask if u had did anything wrong in the last case, and if there is, what it is. If there is, then your apologies.

Imo, from your description of him, he seems to be someone who can't be bothered though. Maybe what happened he would have keep it out of his mind already. Even so, an apology to clear the air for any mistakes made would show your sincerity and attitude towards your work.

Hope this helps. Happy New Year to u
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 01-07-12 at 05:46 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Finished up the case myself and haven't spoken to him since but would be working with him again next week.

What do I do?

b) Apologize to him and try to explain? (although I didn't think I really did anything terribly wrong)

Thanks for advice,
    Han Solo
    Based on my years of working with bosses, the higher the hierarchy, the more one is unlikely to take the first move. So, I suggest you take the first move. Simple thing, buy him a cup of coffee, say hi to him and start by "oh, remember ...". No need to apologize first. Sooner or later, he will say, "Forget about the whole thing". Best of luck.

Your boss has power over you. Therefore there's no benefit to having a bad relationship with him. It'll be up to you to smooth away the unpleasantries.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Worked with that boss yesterday.

Sort of the same indifference as usual.

Well, back to the chilly relationship.

The only good thing is that that boss is not my direct boss or the big boss.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Need some quick tips.

Had a bit of a weird situation at work last week, where I tried to fix up something.

My boss offered an opinion, but I was unable to do it his way because trying to fix the consequence of his suggested management.

He didn't seem that interested with him being in the corner of the room looking at a newspaper puzzle.

Ended discussing the science of what he suggested vs what I did- and he ended up with saying "I think you are making things up" and walked out of the room.

What do I do?

Thanks for advice,
    Han Solo

Please watch Horrible Bosses.. LOL.. jennifer aniston.... hot....