Thread: Fitness goals for 2012

Default Fitness goals for 2012

Anyone have concrete fitness goals for 2012?

Mine is pretty lackadaisical.

Immediate goals:
    1) Lose 5 kg
    2) Run 5 km without stopping
    3) Swim 100m without stopping

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Last year from May-Dec I didn't exercise at all and gained weight. I don't look obese but I can tell my stamina has weakened. I don't have any concrete plan besides getting back into my workout routine and getting back in shape. 100 jumping jacks, walk/jog 1 hour each day.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Last year from May-Dec I didn't exercise at all and gained weight. I don't look obese but I can tell my stamina has weakened. I don't have any concrete plan besides getting back into my workout routine and getting back in shape. 100 jumping jacks, walk/jog 1 hour each day.
    Walking won't help that much with weight loss, you'd have to bring your heart rate up and sweat more before losing any calories or lbs.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Lose 10 lbs and actually keep them off for the whole year!!

I successfully lost 10-12lbs in spring, but gained 5 lbs back around fall

My fitness goal is to be a size 0-2petite. Now that is concrete!
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Anyone have concrete fitness goals for 2012?

Mine is pretty lackadaisical.

Immediate goals:
    1) Lose 5 kg
    2) Run 5 km without stopping
    3) Swim 100m without stopping

Han Solo
    You can do this in one month man! Finish it by January so you can make more lofty goals for the year .

I was actually a certified physical trainer 3 years ago, but I haven't done anything with it since then. Realized you learn almost nothing from certification courses, and I know a lot more about training methods now from reading articles from reputable sources. I hope to be able to spread more efficient training methods to people I know so they can reach their goals easier. It's ridiculous how it's incredibly simple, but years of propaganda and diet marketing has created so many myths and inefficient methods in order to make a buck.

If anybody is trying to lose weight or get in overall better shape, remembering the simple rule of Calories In << Calories Out and doing medium or high intensity training will get you where you want to be in a few months time.

Losing 5kg in one month is not very healthy eh?

The other goals are hampered by work/roster issues.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Losing 5kg in one month is not very healthy eh?

The other goals are hampered by work/roster issues.

Han Solo
    Ahh 5kg, I read 5 pounds

Depending on how much you weigh, 5kg still isn't an unhealthy amount to lose in a month for almost any male who has that as a goal. There isn't much proven literature on the exact maximum amount you should be losing in a month, but 5kg is definitely not near it. Most people advocate a slower weight loss because it is easier and you learn healthy habits while losing weight, whereas crash diets usually put a person under a lot of stress and they succumb to weight gain in the coming months.

Iirc from the wuxia forum, you are either a doctor or a med student, so you are probably incredibly busy. This is an excellent article http://alwyncosgrove.com/2010/01/hierarchy-of-fat-loss/ that outlines optimal methods of losing fat. There is a little blurb at the end that advocates metabolic resistance training if you only have as few as 3 hours per week, and incorporating more things if you have more time.

Not that I have another to burn... but I think It's important to stay physically fit, and maintain good stamina. Also good for the mind too.

1) cycle 3 times a month and at least 20 km each time.
    2) know how to rollerblade; beginner level.
    3) must pass diving test and obtain my diver's licence this year
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Get the shoulder as strong as it can be. Not very concrete but hard to quantify with this.
    Work on my jiujitsu grip strength, I don't know, maybe hold myself up with just finger grips for half a minute maybe.
    Fight for half an hour without stopping at a high pace.
    100 push ups start to finish

This fitness is useful for me to keep fit and I will follow it.

Hey, friends, I am Abhijeet and presently I am 24 years old.In recent times I gained some fats and also due to excess alcohol and timeless foods my skin condition aslo detoraited!!
    So my fitness goal as on 2012 was-
    1.reduce 5-8 kgs of weight
    2.bring back the glow on my face
    3.Increase my concentrations
    4.Make my digestive system work properly
    In this above purpose, I got this relevant article online and I had followed this tips as much as possible https://blog.100mph.in/2017/03/01/6-...thy-lifestyle/