Thread: Turning Point : Laughing Gor Returns -Michael Tse ,Francis Ng ,Chapman To,Kate Tsui

Default Turning Point : Laughing Gor Returns -Michael Tse ,Francis Ng ,Chapman To,Kate Tsui

Laughing Gor returns

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NsUFsR3tEkg/TvnVoVUSd2I/AAAAAAAACIY/FuS9lrfnNL8/s1600/Turning+Point+2+Laughing+Gor+Returns+poster.jpg')
    MAY have lost the best actor title to Kevin Cheng at the recent TVB Anniversary Awards but Michael Tse can still afford to laugh – thanks in part to the character, Laughing Gor, which he initially portrayed in the 2009 TVB serial E.U.Laughing Gor became so popular that the character generated a spin-off movie, Turning Point, which was produced the same year.Set as a prequel to E.U., the movie tells the story of Gor’s entry into the police force and his subsequent recruitment as an undercover agent.Now, Laughing Gor is back on the big screen in a second movie, Turning Point: Laughing Gor Returns, which also stars Chapman To, Liu Kai-chi, Kara Wai, Kate Tsui, Janice Man and others.During a telephone interview arranged by Golden Screen Cinemas, Tse said that sinking his teeth into the character again brought him new challenges.It also brought about a collaboration with award-winning actor Francis Ng. “We have worked together before and as a result, our rapport was already established and filming was a breeze.”This time round, Laughing Gor (Tse) finds himself in a new undercover mission which lands him in prison, serving a life sentence for killing So (Bosco Wong).There, he meets fellow inmate Professor (Ng), who turns out to be a psychologist who reads minds, enabling him to manipulate and control others.Laughing Gor has to determine whether the Professor is a friend or foe. More importantly, he has to survive in a den of murderers.“This time, I get to go deeper into the character of Laughing Gor,” Tse said. “And it’s a battle of wits and strength.“Although some might perceive the story to be a bit slow-moving, it allows the audience to see a different Laughing Gor from the one they see on TV.“At the same time, I don’t think that a movie needs to have action from start to finish. The storyline is more important.”This time, Tse gets to work with another beauty, Janice Man. But Tse refuses to fall into the trap of comparing Man with his previous co-star Fala Chen.“They are two completely different characters and our relationships are also different. You just can’t compare them,” he said, only admitting to liking them both – on screen and off.With the previous TV serial and movie having done well at the box office, is he worried about how this movie will fare?“The movie was released during the Christmas and New Year period when many other good movies were being screened,” he said.“But we are not too worried as Laughing Gor has his own group of fans. I really never think about such things as box-office takings as that puts too much pressure on me. I just do my best.”And he intends to continue doing his best, whether as Laughing Gor or in other roles. “If the audience still wants Laughing Gor, I’ll continue to play that role.“As for other characters, I would not think too much about them being overshadowed by Laughing Gor. I would rather concentrate on making sure I do my best.”Following the release of Turning Point: Laughing Gor Returns, Tse is relocating to mainland China for two months to film a historical drama, Hero.He will be portraying Emperor Fuchai of the Wu state who is pitted against Kevin Cheng’s Emperor Guojian of the Yue state in a battle of wits.“It’s quite a big production and yes, I will be battling Kevin to be Emperor,” he said, adding that it looks like they are taking their battle (for best actor, and now, emperor) from Hongkong to China.Apparently, this is also the first time the two will be crossing swords on screen.Tse said: “Pitting us against each other may be a selling point for the press but we have known each other for a long time.“No, it would not be awkward for me to work with him. On the contrary, I look forward to seeing the fireworks we would create on screen.”Turning Point: Laughing Gor Returns is distributed by Golden Screen Cinemas and opens in cinemas on Jan 5.
    www.thesundaily.my/news/256654

Have anyone here watch this movie already?
    Last edited by galvatron; 01-19-12 at 11:40 PM.