Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 三生三世十里桃花 (Three lives, three worlds, 10 acres of cherry blossoms) movie

Default 三生三世十里桃花 (Three lives, three worlds, 10 acres of cherry blossoms) movie

Well its pretty much confirmed by TR that they will start production either this year or next.. and apparently Hu Ge's gonna be in it.. is it too early to start a thread on it? haha i got excited after finishing the book...

Wow thesolangstory you started TLTW movie thread already, I really like this book and I love Ye hua. But did TR said anything so far yet?

omg seeing this thread got me so excited! i thought TR had finally announced something official/held a press conference or something :/

TMPB probably won't start until after DMY (around July).
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Collection of TMPB MVs so far (with HG as Ye Hua, since he's pretty much confirmed already):
    In the chinese forums, it seems that Liu Yi Fei is the most popular candidate so far.

Hu Ge & Liu Yi Fei (GeFei):

Hu Ge & Liu Shi Shi (GeShi):

MV based on the extra chapters about Ye Hua:

Hu Ge & Han Xue:

although i really don't like han xue for some reason, i have to admit that the mv with her in it is so well made and beautiful!
    but i also really like the one with liu yi fei. i know a lot of people don't like her, but i actually really want her to ply bai qian. she's so beautiful, and i think she would play the part well. and i just love seeing her and HG together, ever since cp1

Damn these mv are nice, I dont care what happen as long as HG is cast as YH and a pretty actress who can act then im all good oh and good cgi.....
    I actully wouldnt mind LSS becuz I like ShiGe but then they do need a break from each other.....

Wheepee! I knew people would appreciate me for starting this thread.. Hehe omg I am so in love with ye Hua.. Seriously.. Personally I find him even better than huo Qu bing.. I can really see hu Ge in this role!! And the fmvs only made me more certain about it... Personal fav's the hu Ge han Xue wan.. Oh and yuan hong as Li jing(is it Jing I can't remember)!! He fits!! What are the odds of me hoping for shige? Baidu says Liu yi fei for Bai xian but we all know baidu's not accurate

Quote Originally Posted by C-luv-H View Post
    Damn these mv are nice, I dont care what happen as long as HG is cast as YH and a pretty actress who can act then im all good oh and good cgi.....
    I actully wouldnt mind LSS becuz I like ShiGe but then they do need a break from each other.....
    It's cos they never give us Shige properly.. But cast them in the same show anyways.. Which makes things more frustrating.. I want my shige otp before I have enough of them being in the same show

Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    Wheepee! I knew people would appreciate me for starting this thread.. Hehe omg I am so in love with ye Hua.. Seriously.. Personally I find him even better than huo Qu bing.. I can really see hu Ge in this role!! And the fmvs only made me more certain about it... Personal fav's the hu Ge han Xue wan.. Oh and yuan hong as Li jing(is it Jing I can't remember)!! He fits!! What are the odds of me hoping for shige? Baidu says Liu yi fei for Bai xian but we all know baidu's not accurate
    I love Ye Hua too and I want him, love how he is always to her rescue and when they got angry at each other he still went after her, hopefully I can come here and babble about YH/BQ.......... I so agree with you Thesolangstory, TR better hurry up with ShiGe otp before I get tired too but I will still love them...

Quote Originally Posted by C-luv-H View Post
    I love Ye Hua too and I want him, love how he is always to her rescue and when they got angry at each other he still went after her, hopefully I can come here and babble about YH/BQ.......... I so agree with you Thesolangstory, TR better hurry up with ShiGe otp before I get tired too but I will still love them...
    Hehe exactly why I had to create this thread.. There wasn't even one in the academia section! I needed somewhere to gush.. When my exams are over I shall come up with an ideal cast list hehe

haha, this is how i felt last summer when i had just finished this book too it's just so captivating and addicting that i couldn't stop thinking about it! so good

I really think Hu Ge is just so perfect for the Ye Hua role, really hope they cast him for it. NO changes please! as for Bai Qian, Shi Shi seems very possible considering she's from TR. Liu Yi Fei is so fitting as Su Su's forest simple nymph like character especially recalling her performance inside Chinese Paladin 1. Su Su and Bai Qian is pretty contrasting in my opinions. Su Su is so much like a frail flower while Qian Qian appears more bold and with the whole 10000 years age difference she gives me the feel that she sees herself as an older generation when with Ye Hua. Liu Yi Fei's role inside a Chinese Ghost Story movie seems close, but still lack the whole older generation feel if she's next to Hu Ge. Her bonus would be that she has the whole fairy look. Liu Shi Shi looks more down to earth compared to Liu Yi Fei, but she's able to hold herself better in playing someone in an older generation (like her Lady Yang role). Her picture from White Snake aftertale actually has the Bai Qian's call me "Gu Gu" feel. Just need to work more on hair, makeup, and shooting.

HG!!!! they just need to get him back into his old Long Yang state.. he would be perfect for ye hua... as mo yuan.. just take his XYJ look... i think HG would really like playing this role.. since he liked playing long yang.... HG YOU ARE ONE OF THE BOSSES OF TR DONT LET THIS CHARACTER GO!!! actually the fmvs for shige have been rather disappointing in quality considering how much material they have to work with.. the whole long yang kui scenes fit! actually honestly speaking when i first started imagining the characters from this book LSS didnt come into my mind.. i agree with you Chancy426! its only when she came out as bai qian and people started calling her as gugu that i started feeling that LSS would fit this role... with the right make up (for hu ge) LSS can definitely look older than him... liu yi fei.. doesnt seem to be growing older! 0.0 and i dont know she seems to give me this perpetual... blur look to her... or maybe because the only 2 shows i have watched with her in it (CP1 and the movie with Wang Li Hong) have her portray such characters... she doesnt seem to have as sharp a personality as LSS to play bai qian's role....

actually considering how TR is gonna make it into a movie.. i think quite a few chunks of plots are gonna be cut.... pfftttt once again... i dont mind as long as they dont screw it up...

Ugh, I hope they don't cast LYF as Bai Qian. She'll match the role because of her looks but I can't stand her acting! I couldn't stand A Chinese Ghost Story and only skipped through CP1 for GeYuan. I'd rather they have LSS. But since it's going to be a movie, they probably won't cast LSS because she's not popular enough in the movie industry. :/ I'd also prefer Yang Mi or Ady over LYF. *sigh they better not screw up the cast.

I agree LYF is pretty for BQ but her acting is not good. I would prefer Ady or YM. I just read chpt 20 and it sure was steamy... YH sure cant take his hands off BQ...
    Dont mind me spazzing, HG is perfect for this role and like we all say he just need more meat on his face. I remember how YeHua hands were describe beautiful and I picture HG hands cuz HG hands are gorgeous , and I remember how BQ talked about his body, if thats scene was included in the movie then HG needs to work out.... lol but Im so curious on Mo Yuan and Ye Hua....

OK, with all this talk about HG and LSS casting, I'm very, very interested in this book.

Someone kind enough to provide me with a Mandarin audio book link?

Squinting at blocky Chinese characters make my eyes hurt and never again after BBJX. Plus evil Kindle dropped characters when I tried to convert DMY.

Btw, just to throw my two pence in about LYF... I really loved her when I was younger but feel she lacks an extra dimension somehow nowadays. Plus she always look the same: frail and ethereal, no matter what you put her in. I swear, I see her and I'm convinced the story is a tragedy.

Also, I'm craving an actual ShiGe ship... if only they hadn't knocked off the incest themes in CP3... (Yes, that's how bad I want this!)

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    Btw, just to throw my two pence in about LYF... I really loved her when I was younger but feel she lacks an extra dimension somehow nowadays. Plus she always look the same: frail and ethereal, no matter what you put her in. I swear, I see her and I'm convinced the story is a tragedy.

Also, I'm craving an actual ShiGe ship... if only they hadn't knocked off the incest themes in CP3... (Yes, that's how bad I want this!)
    i know right if they hadnt been so good in an incestuous way there wouldnt be so many geshi fans.. hahaaha.. i was actually quite ok with LYF in CP1.. until i attempted to rewatch it not too long ago.. my gosh.. i think the number of times she said "xiao yao ge ge" outnumbered the number of other words she said in the show.. must have been easy to remember the script... i realise that LYF is the only CP1 member i havent been keeping an active update about.. which is quite surprising considering what blind loyalty i have towards that show.. lol...

i was a diehard xiaoyao x yueru shipper and was DEVASTATED WHEN SHE DIED

This isn't about the casting, but according to the file TangRen sent into SARFT, a major difference I spotted was that in the 'Synopsis' section, it says that Susu was pushed off the Zhu Xian Tai (literal: Deity punishing platform? Okay, that doesn't sound good), but in reality, she jumped off the platform herself. Sigh. Whatever changes TR may enforce, I hope they keep the original feel fans got when they read the book.