Thread: Let It Be Love 《4 in Love》

Default Let It Be Love 《4 in Love》

Title: Let It Be Love 《4 in Love》
    Episodes: 20
    Genre: Modern romantic comedy
    Producer: Jonathan Chik
    Writer: Chow Yuk Ming
    Official site: http://programme.tvb.com/drama/letitbelove/

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.tvb.com/ii/12/20780/000002077962_1327638500.jpg')

Cast:
    Charmaine Sheh
    Moses Chan
    Elvina Kong
    Kenny Wong
    Wai Ka Hung
    King Kong
    Rachel Kan
    Lau Dan
    Mary Hon
    Florence Kwok
    Stephen Huynh
    Patrick Dunn
    Queenie Chu
    Cheung Kwok Keung

Synopsis:

What are the fundamentals of two people falling in love? Their social status? Whether people around them think they are compatible? The time when they met each other? Or their sexual desires?

In order to get rid of the incessant rumors, international celebrity Tong Oi Yiu (Charmaine Sheh) used her loyal fan Yu Zhen Dong (Moses Chan) to create a sociable image to the public. As they spent more time with each other, Yiu experienced what love actually is. Though she understands this are just false play for the public, deep down she knew she is unable to leave this average Joe. Other true-to-live relationships in the series also vividly showcased 'distance' makes the heart grows fonder; for example sportscaster Poon Jun Him (Kenny Wong) long-time friendship with his friend’s wife Fung Yew Dan (Elvina Kong), tobacco control officer Chung Bing Leung (Wai Ka Hung) rejecting Chow See Ching (Tracy Ip) due to fearing social ridicule as she is 5 inch taller than him, financial investment protégé Lam Lik Hang (King Kong) encounter with nightclub cougar Cheung Hei Yan (Rachel Kan) – both only seeking sexual conquest but end up with true feelings…

What is falling in love actually? An excuse or a flaw? Is love an obligation, or a lifetime punishment?

Source for synopsis: Sehseh's Blog
    Last edited by sehseh; 01-27-12 at 09:49 AM.

Themevideo

Last edited by sehseh; 01-30-12 at 10:07 AM.

So many cast (including young ones) from WHB reappearing in 1st episodes.

The series is so wacky!

Wonder if the see lais will complaint of the jumping here and there scenes again. But I really like the church wedding - movie wedding - Wai Ka Hung appearance. Totally didn't expect it.

They sure stuffed a ton of plots into the first episode! I'm pretty impressed - LOL at the international film montage.

Its looking to be a really good show - I hope people get it because it is definitely more in the tongue in cheek vein of Fly With Me.

Yu Zhen (Moses) tencent weibo
    http://t.qq.com/yuchungtung

Chloe (Charmaine) tencent weibo
    http://t.qq.com/Chloetungyiuyiu

They made real weibo account for the characters (during filming), LOL

I wonder if Stefan Wong's role will be big or small. I think this is the first Chik Kei Yi's series he act in. I hope his role is not another unfaithful/jerk boyfriend.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-31-12 at 04:44 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I wonder if Stefan Wong's role will be big or small. I think this is the first Chik Kei Yi's series he act in. I hope his role is not another unfaithful/jerk boyfriend.
    He appeared in the 1st episode already and he definitely have more scenes later. He is King Kong's clubbing buddy and worked in Charmaine's agency.

click to show/hide spoilers
    King Kong always use Stefan good looks in club to bait girls attention, then swoops in and charm them with his wits and money.

He term himself as middle quality material, and girls will choose him not Stefan because the latter is too good looking. Haha.

He will be Tracy Ip boyfriend later.

p.s. The main characters in the series doesn't know each other. They are connected through 6 degrees (and nope, no common brother, cousin, neighbour so far)

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    He appeared in the 1st episode already and he definitely have more scenes later. He is King Kong's clubbing buddy and worked in Charmaine's agency.

King Kong always use Stefan good looks in club to bait girls attention, then swoops in and charm them with his wits and money.

He term himself as middle quality material, and girls will choose him not Stefan because the latter is too good looking. Haha.

He will be Tracy Ip boyfriend later.

p.s. The main characters in the series doesn't know each other. They are connected through 6 degrees (and nope, no common brother, cousin, neighbour so far)
    The plot sound interesting. Smurf120's comment that it's in the same vein as FWM makes me want to watch it even more.

Watch the scene with Stefan liao. Haha. Funny that the middle guy get all the girls while the handsome guy and not handsome guy get none.

Who is Ho Chiu Wing? This name has been mentioned twice already in episode 1 in the first 15 minutes. Is it a running joke I didn't get?

First mention: Kenny said Ho Chiu Wing should give a red card to himself at the end of his sports report.
    Second mention: King Kong has Ho Chiu Wing refuse to sell his stock and now it has gone down.

Update: Watch more. Got it liao.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-01-12 at 07:32 AM.

The cinema scene

The change of the wedding to the cinema scene is very well done. It's unexpected. Wai Ka Hung giving saman and the guy's expression is so funny.

Wai Ka Hung is so funny.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-01-12 at 07:31 AM.

The radio DJ Ho Chiu Wing called sounds like Timothy Cheng.

I like that they show how the team behind the artist is working as show in the team behind Chloe. I think this subject has not been done before by a TVB series.

The radio DJ Ho Chiu Wing called sounds like Timothy Cheng.
    I think so too. Hahaha the DJ is so 'hea' and want to hang up on Ho Chiu Wing

The helicopter interview scene is so exaggerated. Haha. I think the scriptwriter/director purpose exaggerated some scenes for laugh.

Moses acted well as a super fan of Charmaine. Very convincing as a ordinary man meeting his idol.

I use to not like Chik Kei Yi's production very much. War and Beauty didn't wow me and neither did Gem of Life. But, after Fly With Me, When Heaven Burns and 4 In Love, he has become one of the producers whose production I look forward to.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-01-12 at 08:31 PM.

The helicopter interview scene is so exaggerated. Haha. I think the scriptwriter/director purpose exaggerated some scenes for laugh.

Moses acted well as a super fan of Charmaine. Very convincing as a ordinary man meeting his idol.

I use to not like Chik Kei Yi's production very much. War and Beauty didn't wow me and neither did Gem of Life. But, after Fly With Me, When Heaven Burns and 4 In Love, he has become one of the producers whose production I look forward to.
    When a fan offered to run out naked to divert the reporters attention so you can escape in another route, that's beyond super fans liao. LOL...

But fans can identify with Moses, through the ways he support idol using weibo, or how quickly one get disappointed if their idol didn't reciprocate their affection.

But fans can identify with Moses, through the ways he support idol using weibo, or how quickly one get disappointed if their idol didn't reciprocate their affection.
    Yeah, I like the weibo part too. This series really show how fans nowadays support their idol.

I feel that he has a right to be disappointed with Chloe seeing how Chloe uses him escape during the fan meeting and just drop him at the gas station. That's kinda 'abandoning the monk after prayer' or 'lifting the plank after crossing the bridge'. But, at the same time, he protest too much to the monk after the UFO incident. I think many fan will cherish the moment and not complain about it being not complete.

Someone mention this in golden forum. Old Angus acknowledging young Angus in one scene. I wonder if it's done on purpose.

This is not only storytelling format different, the filming also different. I read comments in golden forum saying the depiction of Mong Kok street is very realistic and also the antics and number of reporters.

I'm also glad that Chik Kei Yi is using some new people in his line up like Wai Ka Hung, Stefan Wong and Tracy Ip. I wonder why he didn't reuse Linda and Bosco in his subsequent series.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-02-12 at 03:00 AM.

I'm also glad that Chik Kei Yi is using some new people in his line up like Wai Ka Hung, Stefan Wong and Tracy Ip. I wonder why he didn't reuse Linda and Bosco in his subsequent series.
    I remember Tracy mentioning in her weibo/interview that many people objected to Jonathan Chik when she was chosen for the role.

In a recent talk at university, Chow Yuk Ming was invited as a guest and he admitted that TVB pressured them to 'promote' certain young siusang and fadan. But Jonathan & Chik feel that the siusang acting is not up to par.

p.s. He didn't mention which siusang though

Also, Jonathan often cast based of feelings. Maybe even though Tracy acting is not good, but she can bring out the characteristic of Elsa during audition.
    Last edited by sehseh; 02-02-12 at 06:40 AM.

Also, Jonathan often cast based of feelings. Maybe even though Tracy acting is not good, but she can bring out the characteristic of Elsa during audition.
    Hope Tracy improved later. Her acting is quite poor in the first few episodes. She has very few facial expression and just seem like reciting her lines. Maybe Tracy's look and overall demeanor perfectly suit the Elsa character in Chik's mind.

I see improvement in Stefan's acting. His facial expression is more natural now, although his hands movement still a bit unnatural. This is visible when he was talking about his workload being heavy lately because his boss went missing.

Is doing audition still common in TVB or just done my Chik? I always wonder how the supporting actors and the newbie actors get casted. There are so many characters in a series. How did the production team choose the actors? There are also casting directors. How did the casting work with them? Does the producer go to the casting director and said 'I want actors for these roles' and the casting director go and find the actors for him? Does certain casting director only work for certain producer or he work in a separate department and producers go there to find him?
    Last edited by kidd; 02-02-12 at 08:56 PM.