Page 67 of 169 FirstFirst ... 17 5758596061626364656667686970717273747576 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 3377

Thread: Sound of the Desert 《风中奇缘》 - Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi, Eddie Peng

  1. #1321
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I agree with u, snowflakesdance. I think they shouldn't have overlooked this. I think Eddie won't mind trivial stuff like this, but at least they should have changed it, esp after the big casting hooha... Leaving it there somehow just keeps rekindling the anger the fans still have in them...

    After the finalized main cast was announced, I fit their faces to the visualizations of MJ, HQB n JY while reading the story... I really felt the casting is rather perfect... I like HG but I think many people, he himself included, are rather fatigued over more cheerful hero roles ala CP series style... I think even his role in XYJ seemed like a more interesting role... At least different...

    That is not to undermine EP's ability to act. But I can totally visualize him as the tall, dark n handsome HQB who's so full of himself... n with all this intimate scenes with LSS, I think it might be easier if it's EP? With HG, I think they will have so many NGs lol

    No offense but HG fits MJ character much better. MJ was supposed to seem frail n pale but in actual fact he has a rather strong body despite his illness n a very strong mind. I feel HG can really show that intensity n charisma of MJ better than WH. N I don't really think WH had really good chemistry with LSS tho I like GXYZM... it actually changed my view of Wallace - I thought he was quite solid as an actor...

  2. #1322
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    "maybe its because bbjx gave LSS faith, she suddenly grew in confidence.. that feeling is very hard to explain but it is very obvious. It seems like even the clothes she wear appears more suitable. HD also feels that this RX whom he hasnt seen in awhile is much more confident, pretty, and in a great condition"

    sorry haha am i getting repetative for asking HD to be in the harem? he really seems to be praising LSS ALOT hahaha and keeps saying she has gotten prettier.. maybe i should be more patient. haha. he can be one of the servants who is in love with the emperor. hahhaa
    Yah I think shi shi got prettier, partly cos of her confidence she shows in her eyes after BBJX when she got more recognised. But one thing I also realized is how her face shape actually did change since LOCH. From a rather squarish jaw to a v-shaped one now? LOL...

    N no no not HD yet! He is once again in conflict with SS in the story... So maybe we really have to KIV first.Hmm

  3. #1323
    Senior Member thesolangestory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    498

    Default

    i cant stop stalking bts on dmy everyday.. argh i want this show to air so badly.. BTS ARE NEVER ENOUGH I NEED HQ STUFF #first world pains lol.

    anyways, i was following some people who are at xiang shan visiting the set and aparently they were filming the part where *SPOILER ALERT* JY gives birth, today - (LOL. already?!) oh and apparently the person playing hong gu kept changing? i dont know how reliable this news is but for now the casting's like that: 红姑-田蕊妮 (Hong Gu: Tian Rui Ni),卫子夫-张可颐 (Zhang ke yi),方茹-徐飒 (Fang Ru: Xu Sha)

  4. #1324
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    267

    Default

    I actually would prefer Wallace Chung for the role of HBQ. He would completely rock and give HBQ much deserved manly and cold charisma. EP in the General Costume just still look so much like a child playing dress-up to me. I agree with others, the costumes are not very nice and doesn't do any of the characters justice. It looks more like a low budget drama.

  5. #1325
    Senior Member xiaolong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore & Malaysia
    Posts
    4,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faythe View Post
    I actually would prefer Wallace Chung for the role of HBQ. He would completely rock and give HBQ much deserved manly and cold charisma. EP in the General Costume just still look so much like a child playing dress-up to me. I agree with others, the costumes are not very nice and doesn't do any of the characters justice. It looks more like a low budget drama.
    I don't think it's any use wishing that EP is not HQB now because he is. Also he has worked very hard and had the raw acting chops to get where he is. He doesn't have the backing of a major company like Huayi, or even Tangren, yet he's managed to carve a place for himself in the super competitive movie world. That tells you a lot about his talent/X-factor. I don't think you can make an objective opinion on his suitability as HQB without watching his movie performances.
    I ship Shi-Harem

  6. #1326
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I don't think it's any use wishing that EP is not HQB now because he is. Also he has worked very hard and had the raw acting chops to get where he is. He doesn't have the backing of a major company like Huayi, or even Tangren, yet he's managed to carve a place for himself in the super competitive movie world. That tells you a lot about his talent/X-factor. I don't think you can make an objective opinion on his suitability as HQB without watching his movie performances.
    Aww...I love your love for Eddie Peng. For some odd reason, I have a soft spot for Eddie even though I haven't tried to watch any of his acclaimed works. I'm reading Da Mo Yao now and it's a nice to stick Eddie's face to the character, albeit the less than flattering costumes what Tang Ren designed for him. At least in my imagination, Eddie can wear a more commanding armor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Faythe View Post
    I actually would prefer Wallace Chung for the role of HBQ. He would completely rock and give HBQ much deserved manly and cold charisma. EP in the General Costume just still look so much like a child playing dress-up to me. I agree with others, the costumes are not very nice and doesn't do any of the characters justice. It looks more like a low budget drama.
    Even though I like Wallace Chung, I don't want him to be HQB if LSS is Jin Yu. First, his age doesn't suit the age group of the cast. Second, after his role as Murong Feng, I can't see him as HQB.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 03-19-12 at 09:50 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

  7. #1327
    Senior Member Liu Xiao Xiao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,295

    Default


  8. #1328
    Senior Member Liu Xiao Xiao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,295

    Default


  9. #1329
    Senior Member Liu Xiao Xiao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,295

    Default


  10. #1330
    Member applexu_114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faythe View Post
    I actually would prefer Wallace Chung for the role of HBQ. He would completely rock and give HBQ much deserved manly and cold charisma. EP in the General Costume just still look so much like a child playing dress-up to me. I agree with others, the costumes are not very nice and doesn't do any of the characters justice. It looks more like a low budget drama.
    This. What you said made me feel more relieved than worried or sad because last time when I showed my friend the picture Eddie Peng "fangirled" Brad Pitt she said he looked 30 something. Ouch. That actually hurted me lol. I agree with you, when I looked at his fan taken pictures in the General custome, he still looked like a kid to me. Maybe because I adore him too much that I refuse to acknowledge that he really is a mature man (I sound like his mom now!).


    With what you said, we could add another name in the "never ending potential HQB" list: Wallace Huo, Hu Ge, Peter Ho, Huang Xiao Ming, Chen Khun, Wallace Chung... There is no HQB that is perfect or HQB that could please everyone. I believe HQB himself is different from HQB that Tong Hua describes and even more different from HQB in our imagination. We build the hero based on our own interpretation. And I think HQB isn't the first and won't be the last character that people have different thought about. Even though individual interpretation could be different, the spirit of the character should stay the same.


    One of the infamous/famous examples is Boys over Flower manga (Hana yori dango). There are four official drama adaptions (Taiwan - 2 seasons, Japan - 2 seasons + 1 movie, Korea - 1 season and China - 2 seasons) + 1 "hardly anyone remember" movie + 1 ripped off "adaption" a.k.a Yu Zheng's Gong. The arrogant, violent and passionate Domyouji Tsukasa is no doubt the most awaited character. Before the Japanese adaption, the Taiwanese version was a huge hit. Jerry's Dao Ming Si was stiff and lacking but hey, that didn't stop him from being loved by women. He is tall, handsome, manly and his eyes know how to say "I love you", too. Then few years later, the Japanese version came along with Matsumoto Jun played Tsukasa. What a shocking news. Many fans couldn't stand the fact that this Tsukasa was too short (Jun is 1m73 while Domyouji is said to be 1m86 sth!) and ugly (Even now, fans still vote him for the worst Tsukasa based on appearance wise). Looking at his Domyouji pictures, you would never think this guy is anywhere good enough to play Domyouji. Even Matsumoto himself was hesistated to accept the role and said he wanted to play Rui (since the character was a bit similar with what he played before). The result is...in short, once you give yourself a chance to watch him, you can't help but falling in love with his potray. Actually it was so good that it becomes burden for him to get away from that image now lol. Beside Jerry and Jun, Zhang Han's and Lee Min Ho's potray of the character (oh, and Feng Shao Feng as 8th Prince) also received overwhelming love as well. I remembered when the BOF Chinese version's stills were out, people hated the uniform, called it cheap, hated the new F4, and seemed like they hated everything about it. It came as a shock as the series became a hit in China. I doubted it at first but then still decided to give it a try.Zhang Han's potray of Domyouji was actually enjoyable (and I love his cat-like eyes, so much sadness in it!!). It was different but the spirit was there. (Oh, another highlight about all these versions is the mad chemistry between the main couple!! a bit irrelevant)


    We as fans, show love and supports toward the actors and actresses that we adore. As a result, we would want the best for them, hope that their careers would be smooth and what even better is that their acting got acknowledged by people. It is such contradict thought because there is no success gained without hardship and sacrifice. For actors and actresses that want to prove their diverse acting skills, initial doubtness is something they have to accept. I was surprised when hearing news that Peter Ho played Liang Shan Bo - a character that I would never imagine him to be. Kevin Cheng with his character in Ghetto Justice was totally opposite what he has played before, nobody would think that he could pull it off (and the truth is that he is brilliant in the drama!, one of his best roles to date)...Initially, it could be said miscasting, but once you give yourself a chance to watch and watch with open minded, you might find something new and interesting or you may even fall in love with it.


    When I think about DMY, I think about what Hu Ge said at his interview where they asked him about being 30 soon. This project is like a youth departure project for both Eddie and Hu Ge. There is bright future ahead for both of them, but when there would be another chance to meet and work together again?

  11. #1331
    Senior Member Hana6002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    I dont get why they have to make LSS's head that big? Look at the big bulk at the back of her head, it makes her head and body unproportional.

  12. #1332
    Senior Member tobemela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    I dont get why they have to make LSS's head that big? Look at the big bulk at the back of her head, it makes her head and body unproportional.
    I believe they are in the Han period? Women in that period generally had those hair styles.

  13. #1333
    Senior Member thesolangestory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    498

    Default

    UNCLE YANFEI! WHY WONT YOU POST PICS OF THE CAST! STOP TAKING PICS OF THE SCENERY!








  14. #1334
    Member applexu_114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    UNCLE YANFEI! WHY WONT YOU POST PICS OF THE CAST! STOP TAKING PICS OF THE SCENERY!
    Probably they only film rated scenes at the moment so he is not be allowed to take any picture? lol

    I just started reading DMY from Koala's blog recently and oh my, it is mind blogging!! When you guys kept saying about lots of hot interaction between the main leads, I only took it for granted. Now I read it, I can understand what you guys actually mean >__<!!!! Really don't know how far they would show on TV...

  15. #1335
    Senior Member Liu Xiao Xiao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    UNCLE YANFEI! WHY WONT YOU POST PICS OF THE CAST! STOP TAKING PICS OF THE SCENERY!
    Probably they only film rated scenes at the moment so he is not be allowed to take any picture? lol
    LOL...I'm sure he took the pictures but not allowed to release them yet. Unlike before where he would release the pictures and the next thing we know, he pulled it down (probably Karen yelled at him...LOL). We just need to be patient. I'm sure we'll get to the HD stills soon

  16. #1336
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by applexu_114 View Post
    This. What you said made me feel more relieved than worried or sad because last time when I showed my friend the picture Eddie Peng "fangirled" Brad Pitt she said he looked 30 something. Ouch. That actually hurted me lol. I agree with you, when I looked at his fan taken pictures in the General custome, he still looked like a kid to me. Maybe because I adore him too much that I refuse to acknowledge that he really is a mature man (I sound like his mom now!).

    With what you said, we could add another name in the "never ending potential HQB" list: Wallace Huo, Hu Ge, Peter Ho, Huang Xiao Ming, Chen Khun, Wallace Chung... There is no HQB that is perfect or HQB that could please everyone. I believe HQB himself is different from HQB that Tong Hua describes and even more different from HQB in our imagination. We build the hero based on our own interpretation. And I think HQB isn't the first and won't be the last character that people have different thought about. Even though individual interpretation could be different, the spirit of the character should stay the same.


    One of the infamous/famous examples is Boys over Flower manga (Hana yori dango). There are four official drama adaptions (Taiwan - 2 seasons, Japan - 2 seasons + 1 movie, Korea - 1 season and China - 2 seasons) + 1 "hardly anyone remember" movie + 1 ripped off "adaption" a.k.a Yu Zheng's Gong. The arrogant, violent and passionate Domyouji Tsukasa is no doubt the most awaited character. Before the Japanese adaption, the Taiwanese version was a huge hit. Jerry's Dao Ming Si was stiff and lacking but hey, that didn't stop him from being loved by women. He is tall, handsome, manly and his eyes know how to say "I love you", too. Then few years later, the Japanese version came along with Matsumoto Jun played Tsukasa. What a shocking news. Many fans couldn't stand the fact that this Tsukasa was too short (Jun is 1m73 while Domyouji is said to be 1m86 sth!) and ugly (Even now, fans still vote him for the worst Tsukasa based on appearance wise). Looking at his Domyouji pictures, you would never think this guy is anywhere good enough to play Domyouji. Even Matsumoto himself was hesistated to accept the role and said he wanted to play Rui (since the character was a bit similar with what he played before). The result is...in short, once you give yourself a chance to watch him, you can't help but falling in love with his potray. Actually it was so good that it becomes burden for him to get away from that image now lol. Beside Jerry and Jun, Zhang Han's and Lee Min Ho's potray of the character (oh, and Feng Shao Feng as 8th Prince) also received overwhelming love as well. I remembered when the BOF Chinese version's stills were out, people hated the uniform, called it cheap, hated the new F4, and seemed like they hated everything about it. It came as a shock as the series became a hit in China. I doubted it at first but then still decided to give it a try.Zhang Han's potray of Domyouji was actually enjoyable (and I love his cat-like eyes, so much sadness in it!!). It was different but the spirit was there. (Oh, another highlight about all these versions is the mad chemistry between the main couple!! a bit irrelevant)

    We as fans, show love and supports toward the actors and actresses that we adore. As a result, we would want the best for them, hope that their careers would be smooth and what even better is that their acting got acknowledged by people. It is such contradict thought because there is no success gained without hardship and sacrifice. For actors and actresses that want to prove their diverse acting skills, initial doubtness is something they have to accept. I was surprised when hearing news that Peter Ho played Liang Shan Bo - a character that I would never imagine him to be. Kevin Cheng with his character in Ghetto Justice was totally opposite what he has played before, nobody would think that he could pull it off (and the truth is that he is brilliant in the drama!, one of his best roles to date)...Initially, it could be said miscasting, but once you give yourself a chance to watch and watch with open minded, you might find something new and interesting or you may even fall in love with it.

    When I think about DMY, I think about what Hu Ge said at his interview where they asked him about being 30 soon. This project is like a youth departure project for both Eddie and Hu Ge. There is bright future ahead for both of them, but when there would be another chance to meet and work together again?
    MatsuJun's Tsukasa was my favorite one

    I'm a big fan of Chen Kun and Peter Ho, so either of them would've made a great HQB in my eyes

    Peter Ho's Liang Shan Bo was WONDERFUL and Dong Jie was the best Yingtai I've seen
    The series is the best adaptation of the story I've seen

    I've seen Kevin Cheng in many dramas, but Ghetto Justice is one of his best
    He was just so natural in it

  17. #1337
    Member chancy426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    dramaland
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Really like the scenery pics. Especially the pic of where MengYu first met.

    I feel that if Hu Ge delivers too well, I might die from 2nd male lead syndrome.


    Quote Originally Posted by applexu_114 View Post
    Probably they only film rated scenes at the moment so he is not be allowed to take any picture? lol

    I just started reading DMY from Koala's blog recently and oh my, it is mind blogging!! When you guys kept saying about lots of hot interaction between the main leads, I only took it for granted. Now I read it, I can understand what you guys actually mean >__<!!!! Really don't know how far they would show on TV...
    I think they'd fade if off, but some scenes when HQB's mind is in the gutter, I think they might just not film them. Too embarrassing to film. lol

  18. #1338
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    CandyLand
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chancy426 View Post
    Really like the scenery pics. Especially the pic of where MengYu first met.

    I feel that if Hu Ge delivers too well, I might die from 2nd male lead syndrome.
    LOL, I remember koala said HG could play MJ in his sleep, if I picture myself to play MJ I dont think I can, his character is so kind and mysterous (to Me)..... but I really cant wait to see HG play MJ and how he going bring MJ to life.. cant wait... I believe he can do it...



    anywais are they still filming at XiangShan or something? where are they filming now? Those scenery are gorgeous, he should do an exhibit for his photos...
    Last edited by C-luv-H; 03-20-12 at 11:40 PM.

  19. #1339
    Senior Member H.Ge-C.Liu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    5,692

    Default

    MJ's reading/working room in the Shi Manor.

    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

  20. #1340
    Senior Member H.Ge-C.Liu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    5,692

    Default

    They were filming a really heart wrenching scene, and here's what fans from the frontline got (the white blurry figure on the camera is MJ/HG):



    So basically MJ walks a few steps with his crutch, throws the crutch away, tries to walk another few steps, but fails, and then falls down. He starts half crying and laughing bitterly (the cough at the end makes him seem so much more pitiable).

    HG is definitely going to make his wish come true at this rate. (His original wish: "I want to make MJ very heart-wrenching, and hope to earn a few tears from the audience.")
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 100
    Last Post: 11-09-12, 11:51 AM
  2. Replies: 382
    Last Post: 01-11-12, 10:25 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-03-08, 04:28 PM
  4. The Magic Touch of Fate 《魔术奇缘》
    By fpdiamond in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 09-16-06, 01:54 PM
  5. Game of Deceit 《騙中傳奇》
    By babyblues in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-01-06, 07:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •