Thread: Sound of the Desert 《风中奇缘》 - Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi, Eddie Peng

EDDIE PICTURES! my favorite! yayyy! haha
    but seriously. he looks amazing. when is the trailer for this coming out? i'll definitely be watching it like a million times

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    but seriously. he looks amazing. when is the trailer for this coming out? i'll definitely be watching it like a million times

And I just wanted to add that Eddie looks very boyish and youthful and therefore suits the role of HQB who is in his late teens and early twenties. So for those who were vying for HG to be HQB, I really think he is much more suited for the older role of MJ who is physically weak and sickly.

I mean look at Eddie! He's skin is so plump and dewy and his whole look is just so cheery, sunshine and positive! HG on the other hand looks kinda dried up and shrivelled, too thin and sickly looking...perfect as MJ!

So, kudos to HG & Tangren for making the right decision!

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    Yeah, I can't wait for DMY to come out! I don't care for Xuanyuanjian at all TBH. It's only DMY I'm looking forward to right now
    I ship Shi-Harem

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc502/HGe_CLiu/b21c8701a18b87d6aa88168a070828381e3.jpg')
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by PasserByOnly View Post
    And I just wanted to add that Eddie looks very boyish and youthful and therefore suits the role of HQB who is in his late teens and early twenties. So for those who were vying for HG to be HQB, I really think he is much more suited for the older role of MJ who is physically weak and sickly.

I mean look at Eddie! He's skin is so plump and dewy and his whole look is just so cheery, sunshine and positive! HG on the other hand looks kinda dried up and shrivelled, too thin and sickly looking...perfect as MJ!

So, kudos to HG & Tangren for making the right decision!
    oh i agree! i mean, i'm sure HG would've looked alright after the costume fittings and everything, but he just looks kinda too old for the role now. i'm so so happy with this casting decision

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Yeah, I can't wait for DMY to come out! I don't care for Xuanyuanjian at all TBH. It's only DMY I'm looking forward to right now
    ugh i knoww. XYS so far hasn't been really captivating for me, but i'm really waiting for the NK/YWT storyline to start. although DMY is totally gonna blow it out of the water

I have to agree. While Xuan Yuan Jian is better than I expected, there's no way for its script and characters to be as good as the ones in Da Mo Yao. What little production information is available has been very promising so far. Yun Zhong Ge should be even better, but I'm not sure how it will fare in Yu Zheng's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberoo View Post
    I absolutely love this group of photos of EP! Especially the third and fourth ones! I think he's really got the spirit of HQB!!! So handsome and with a bit cheeky-ness!! Looooooove it!!!
    y does he looks like someone WE know?

Rumoured that SARFT is about to announce a new guideline:
    广电总局将推出"限游令",即规定宫斗剧、家斗剧、翻拍剧、游戏以及网络小说改编题材均不得在卫视荧屏播出 .《轩辕剑》恐遭"腰斩"

palace dramas, family dramas, adaptions and series based on internet novels or games are not to be broadcast on national channels.

If this does come about, series like Gong 3 and DMY will not be able to be broadcast on national TV. XYS finishes airing on the 25th, and it is rumoured that SARFT will enforce this before XYS finishes airing.
    IMO,there's not going to be much variety on TV if SARFT sets so many guidelines like this.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6bde1e8cgw1dvhmr4f6tbj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6bde1e8cgw1dvhmr4f6tbj.jpg')

LOL Meng Jiu and his Gangs.....
    MAN! sarft can kiss butts if I dont get to watch DMY.....

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post

palace dramas, family dramas, adaptions and series based on internet novels or games are not to be broadcast on national channels.

If this does come about, series like Gong 3 and DMY will not be able to be broadcast on national TV. XYS finishes airing on the 25th, and it is rumoured that SARFT will enforce this before XYS finishes airing.
    IMO,there's not going to be much variety on TV if SARFT sets so many guidelines like this.
    I heard about this too...but OMG!!! How can SARFT do such a thing?! What is there left to watch on Chinese TV then? Detective, communist propaganda, pure love stories, and really serious historical series? Since SARFT wants to ban remake of old series, it means Wallace Huo's Swordman will get affected too. Everything I'm looking forward to is going to get banned.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 08-01-12 at 02:15 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

If these series don't get broadcast on National TV, what does this mean? It can only broadcast in local TV, less viewerships? Will they still count in the ratings? Go online? Anybody know?

omg this is ridiculous. are they serious? no way this is going to be through! but yeah, if they do ban them i would guess the most probably alternative would be internet, since lots of people probably watch online anyway. but that's just my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    I heard about this too...but OMG!!! How can SARFT do such a thing?! What is there left to watch on Chinese TV then? Detective, communist propaganda, pure love stories, and really serious historical series? Since SARFT wants to ban remake of old series, it means Wallace Huo's Swordman will get affected too. Everything I'm looking forward to is going to get banned.
    Swordsman is not adapted from an Internet novel or game right? It's from a Louis Cha's classic. So shouldn't be affected. Does this rule only cover Internet novel/game adaptations?

Anyway, Tangren series weren't shown on national channels until Strange Hero.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-02-12 at 08:43 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Swordsman is not adapted from an Internet novel or game right? It's from a Louis Cha's classic. So shouldn't be affected. Does this rule only cover Internet novel/game adaptations?

Anyway, Tangren series weren't shown on national channels until Strange Hero.
    It falls into the adaption category (翻拍剧-remake of old series).

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    That pretty much just sinks Tangren like the Titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberoo View Post
    I absolutely love this group of photos of EP! Especially the third and fourth ones! I think he's really got the spirit of HQB!!! So handsome and with a bit cheeky-ness!! Looooooove it!!!
    After initial raging at the casting, I think EP is okay, but I just can't imagine someone with such a boyish face as a battle-hardened warrior general with an arrogant and "stone-faced" attitude. He'll be cute doing the lighthearted and pervy scenes with LSS but I wish they'd cast someone older-looking. Shrug

This would affect TLTW then?
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Ouch. If this does go through as planned, I wonder if they might be able to slip DMY through? It's not really a palace drama, and it did come out as a paper book after all.

I can see why SARFT might think that these new rules are a good idea, but I get the feeling that it's going to have the opposite effect. In any case, I doubt that this restriction will last more than a couple of years. It's awful for the shows currently in production and development though.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    If these series don't get broadcast on National TV, what does this mean? It can only broadcast in local TV, less viewerships? Will they still count in the ratings? Go online? Anybody know?
    Those shows will be relegated to local channels like the old Tangren shows. They'll still be distributed to online sites. The biggest impact will be the loss of the high-budget productions since they can't be successful enough to justify their costs any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    After initial raging at the casting, I think EP is okay, but I just can't imagine someone with such a boyish face as a battle-hardened warrior general with an arrogant and "stone-faced" attitude. He'll be cute doing the lighthearted and pervy scenes with LSS but I wish they'd cast someone older-looking. Shrug
    Huo Qubing is in his late teens at the beginning of DMY, so a youthful-looking actor makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    This would affect TLTW then?
    The restriction only affects allowing shows airing on national TV. Movies shouldn't be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by ToastedRossi View Post
    The restriction only affects allowing shows airing on national TV. Movies shouldn't be affected.

Oh that's right. thanks for reminding me
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷