Thread: Sound of the Desert 《风中奇缘》 - Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi, Eddie Peng

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/739a3d20jw1e1a5j2avctj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Isn't DMY, the story, the Eddie Pang character steals Hu Ge's woman, a brothel employee (Liu Shi Shi's character), and leaves with her at the end.
    HAHAHAHAHA You summed up the story in such a hilariously twisted way.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA You summed up the story in such a hilariously twisted way.
    Although unlike in the book, I think the TV series will kill off Eddie's HQB character in the end, like how it happened in history.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Although unlike in the book, I think the TV series will kill off Eddie's HQB character in the end, like how it happened in history.
    Nooooo I don't want that to happen!!

I would really want to scream and stomp the floor if they kill him off! MY GOSH! SARFT is getting soo annoying!
    Need to stop being lazy...

I'm pretty sure I gave some reasons in this thread a while back, but I do think it's better if he dies. The second half of the story basically became the glorification of HQB and even the characterization became a bit bland, or maybe that's just the translation I read. I did read a little of the original Chinese version and I can see why there are stylistic issues with the translation I read. I still think it leaves a greater impact (and more faithfulness to history) if he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    I would really want to scream and stomp the floor if they kill him off! MY GOSH! SARFT is getting soo annoying!
    I know! It's too heart-rending to see any of Eddie's characters die on-screen, e.g. Yang Qi Lang in Young Warriors of the Yang Clan.
    I ship Shi-Harem

The adaptation will REALLY need to pay-up larger royalties to the novel's author if the adaptation deviates too much... it's standard practice nowdays...

I know! It's too heart-rending to see any of Eddie's characters die on-screen, e.g. Yang Qi Lang in Young Warriors of the Yang Clan.
    Share the same sentiments; I seriously also cannot bear to see HQB (Eddie Peng) die!! Will be really fed up if they 'kill' him!!

omg i remember when i watched that scene for the first time - buckets and BUCKETS of tears! gosh that series. ughh.

anyway, are they really gonna kill HQB off?? i thought i read a while back that they were trying to stay with the original ending. they can't kill him off! i would actually stop watching and just pretend that what happened in the book happened in the series lol.

stop complain, I prefer LSS and Hu Ge anyway

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    stop complain, I prefer LSS and Hu Ge anyway
    LOL

One of the mains dying and romantic couples splitting up can often leave the most resonance for an ending. The most 'wow' example was Julian Cheung's character dying in Flying Dagger. Chen Kun and Dong Jie split at the end of Jin Fen Shi Jia was also extremely memorable; especially the song.

Not a single News

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/739a3d20jw1e1kkwlo6dbj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/b09a52b2jw1e1jwrned0yj.jpg')

Finally! Two pictures.
    I do not care what the ending for this is, I JUST WANT TO WATCH IT. Its taking too long, Ill be dead by the time they annouce the airing.
    Last edited by C-luv-H; 02-07-13 at 06:21 PM.

I believe the Eddie Peng character pretends to die w/ Hu Ge assisting in the deception, in order to escape certain death... because they know too much....

Now that I think about it, I might kinda want them to kill HQB....Eh... don't take it the wrong way its just that I mean it would make the story so sad and I like ending that leave me crying at the end but then again it will not connect to YZG at all....

Quote Originally Posted by C-luv-H View Post
    Finally! Two pictures.
    I do not care what the ending for this is, I JUST WANT TO WATCH IT. Its taking too long, Ill be dead by the time they annouce the airing.
    LOL. so true.

Jiu Ye and Yu Er.... AWW
    HG too cute....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/HG/2e2eb9389b504fc2e125d525e4dde71190ef6d93_zpscc5d7d 0e.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/CluvHG/14064346_384106_zpsf2093140.jpg')

Wow thanks for the new photos! Where do you guys get these. I been searching for news thank goodness for this site hehe. Well with all the time they have to edit the series I hope it's not over done with the CGI.