Thread: Sound of the Desert 《风中奇缘》 - Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi, Eddie Peng

I'm sorry guys but operation hot spring or confession got nothing on this wk episodes. I am on cloud 10!! It couldn't get any better than this! I love WJ for being so overly protective.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    LOL briseis that is pretty cool that you are able to enjoy these series. Thanks you for all your updates!!

Who isnèt blushing watching these two lol
    I can enjoy it just fine even without the subs thanks to the fact that Tangren has remained so loyal to the original novel. I read the translated version a couple of times and I have quite a good memory so basically from the way the scene unfolds and after catching a few Chinese words here and there (thank you, twdramas) I'm quite capable of knowing what they are saying.

Again, I'm in love with all episodes this week. There was a perfect mix of everything: heartfelt confessions, longing, passion, caring, joy and hilarity. SOTD is one of those rare TV series that get better with each episode. The episode in which WJ learns about XY being pregnat is definitely the funniest episode so far. I've never laughed so much while watching the show. WJ repeating "I will be a father!" all over again with so much excitement and happiness and him overreacting and being overprotective of XY was so hilarious and sweet. And then came that heartwreching confession which explained why he has been reacting like this and it truly gutted me and I was moved to tears just like XY. I was so proud of her for giving him that sweet, soothing kiss. After all those years being so lonely, that man deserves to be loved more than anyone. I have to say that EP is such a versatile actor who uses his entire body to act and it adds to his performance all these amazing extras like the nuances, mannerism and body languages. After watching this week episodes I have to say he is also great at physical comedy.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://33.media.tumblr.com/434337269eb904327756ee60ad06671e/tumblr_netx2xvFfd1s8t96qo1_r1_1280.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://33.media.tumblr.com/17431ea068221e5e9a1d83f5b0285a8a/tumblr_netx2xvFfd1s8t96qo8_r1_1280.png')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://31.media.tumblr.com/1cbcba52f44271f551b4593160e190cf/tumblr_netx2xvFfd1s8t96qo2_r1_1280.png')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://33.media.tumblr.com/3b56b5f4463b46bb3c7c2887bfbcf84f/tumblr_netx2xvFfd1s8t96qo7_r2_1280.png')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://33.media.tumblr.com/6537105763698a9e54241281513c743e/tumblr_netx2xvFfd1s8t96qo6_r2_1280.png')

okay i just watched epi 23, and i shouldnt did this, but i'm laughing my as* off during the whole ice-breaker-and-fell scenes between JY-XY, thanks to the CGI

but, one thing is bothers me, why is it with everyone suddenly became vampires ?? what was that whole-bites scenes supposed to mean

somebody enlighten me, please thank you
    Last edited by sophiechoice; 11-14-14 at 12:43 PM.

Xy bite jy because he wouldn't get off her and she didn't want him to fall in the water with her, wj bite xy because he was furious after seeing the bite mark, he was jealous.

Hehe that's pretty awesome.

Heehee just came across some interesting images on Weibo that I thought should be shared here. Credit sources to the watermarks on the images.

Wolf Brother heading to the battlefield with Wu Ji?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9886&d=1416033677')

And some creative cut-outs by a fan:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/6af2ee97jw1em9f5hpr4uj20go0i8tcg.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/6af2ee97jw1em9f5ntw7jj20go09dmz3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/6af2ee97jw1em9f7b5eydj20go09dwg3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/6af2ee97jw1em9f5prj7gj20go09dq4k.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/6af2ee97jw1em9f5k7y8oj20go0c6jsq.jpg')
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BoAvrilrock; 11-15-14 at 03:06 AM.

I'm only on episode 24 - but I am anticipating for when XY makes it up to WWJ. To be frank XY has been a jerk to WWJ thus far. She has got MUCH heartache to make up to him.

I am not sympathetic to this female character at all.
    I like me.

Hey everyone!!

I´m new to this forum. I actually just created this account so I can discuss or ask you guys questions about this drama or the novel...

Well... in the beginning I didn´t even knew that this drama was based on a book... I can´t read chinese so I never followed chinese authors.

I like to watch dramas that are finished airing so I don´t have to wait week after week... so when this drama was airing, I actually didn´t want to watch it because there are only 4 episode each week.. and I wanted to wait a little longer so I can watch more episodes in a time...

But I couldn´t stand it any longer and began watching it after waiting for 3 weeks. And I´m HOOKED.

After watching the 12 Episodes that are already aired I wanted to know what happens next and I found out that this drama is based on a novel. And thanks to Miss Koala I read the translated novel.

I just LOVE Huo Qu Bin and Jin Yu.. and I must say even in the drama I was a WJ shipper from the beginning.. and I´m actually glad that Eddie Peng is WJ. For everyone who wanted HG as Huo/WJ, please don´t curse me!!

And I know that there are 2 versions of DMY aired. One is the Hunan version and the other the Uncut Version..

I actually watch the Hunan version first because it´s 1 episode ahead but afterwards I´ll watch the Uncut version and I have to say this one is much better!! Well there are alot more WJ/XY scences!!

Well like I said before I created an accound on this forum so I can ask you guys questions...and I hope you would be able to help me!

I´m rewatching EP24 of the uncut version right now and I discovered that in this Episode they actually did cut out the ANGRY KISS scene!!!

Can you guys please tell me why they cut it out? Am I watching the wrong video or something??

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by nataLie. View Post
    Hey everyone!!

I´m rewatching EP24 of the uncut version right now and I discovered that in this Episode they actually did cut out the ANGRY KISS scene!!!

Can you guys please tell me why they cut it out? Am I watching the wrong video or something??

Thanks in advance!
    The uncut version did include the angry kiss scene at the end of Episode 23. Episode 24 was just a quick recap that did not include it.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    The uncut version did include the angry kiss scene at the end of Episode 23. Episode 24 was just a quick recap that did not include it.

You´re right!! Thx

Quote Originally Posted by nataLie. View Post
    Hey everyone!!

I´m new to this forum. I actually just created this account so I can discuss or ask you guys questions about this drama or the novel...

Well... in the beginning I didn´t even knew that this drama was based on a book... I can´t read chinese so I never followed chinese authors.

I like to watch dramas that are finished airing so I don´t have to wait week after week... so when this drama was airing, I actually didn´t want to watch it because there are only 4 episode each week.. and I wanted to wait a little longer so I can watch more episodes in a time...

But I couldn´t stand it any longer and began watching it after waiting for 3 weeks. And I´m HOOKED.

After watching the 12 Episodes that are already aired I wanted to know what happens next and I found out that this drama is based on a novel. And thanks to Miss Koala I read the translated novel.

I just LOVE Huo Qu Bin and Jin Yu.. and I must say even in the drama I was a WJ shipper from the beginning.. and I´m actually glad that Eddie Peng is WJ. For everyone who wanted HG as Huo/WJ, please don´t curse me!!

And I know that there are 2 versions of DMY aired. One is the Hunan version and the other the Uncut Version..

I actually watch the Hunan version first because it´s 1 episode ahead but afterwards I´ll watch the Uncut version and I have to say this one is much better!! Well there are alot more WJ/XY scences!!

Well like I said before I created an accound on this forum so I can ask you guys questions...and I hope you would be able to help me!

Thanks in advance!
    https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...pua7HrNRWRYNe1

Here the YouTube site to watch sub of this series..... She the only one that is subbing it...and she doing a great job of it...

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    Xy bite jy because he wouldn't get off her and she didn't want him to fall in the water with her, wj bite xy because he was furious after seeing the bite mark, he was jealous.
    ohh thank you, i see now.. but seriously why biting tho lol why dont she just pushed him away kkk

Quote Originally Posted by sophiechoice View Post
    ohh thank you, i see now.. but seriously why biting tho lol why dont she just pushed him away kkk
    she was raised by wolves.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

OMY..
    Sound of the desert will be showing in Korea.. it will keep the original title which is Da Mo Yao..

Quote Originally Posted by myenson1 View Post
    OMY..
    Sound of the desert will be showing in Korea.. it will keep the original title which is Da Mo Yao..
    Really??? Hope the korean loves the drama, especially General Wei WuJi I have a friend from korea, and she totally fall in love with BBJX. So I hope she will love DMY as well.

Found this nice MV of Wuji and XiaoYou:

and

shared by: Kaptain A from avirtualvoyage
    Last edited by yanni910; 11-16-14 at 06:15 AM.

So far I decided to watch the drama since there was so much hyped about it and I never read the novel so I try to stay open minded since they did mention the novel and drama has differences. Overall maybe its just me but everybody is so into WWJ and I don't see what's so good about his character. True he's dashing, romantic, courageous, and charming but I cannot stand his character I just don't know why. I feel like his fans will probably come after me now. I'm more into JY he gives off this aura I can't describe. I'm probably the type that goes for second lead than first since everybody is all over the first lead and the main girl gets with him

Overall the drama so far is alright I don't see the strong hype about it probably cause I didn't read the novel

This forum is so quiet this week. Is it b/c everyone is not so excited for this week's heartaches and little screen time of our beloved WJ? At least that's the case for me. From now on, there will be mostly drama and cat fights for the throne, which will test everyone's love for each other: WJ and XY's love, JY's love for XY, Ri Chan and the dancer's friendship, XY's friendship, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairytale_Angel View Post
    So far I decided to watch the drama since there was so much hyped about it and I never read the novel so I try to stay open minded since they did mention the novel and drama has differences. Overall maybe its just me but everybody is so into WWJ and I don't see what's so good about his character. True he's dashing, romantic, courageous, and charming but I cannot stand his character I just don't know why. I feel like his fans will probably come after me now. I'm more into JY he gives off this aura I can't describe. I'm probably the type that goes for second lead than first since everybody is all over the first lead and the main girl gets with him

Overall the drama so far is alright I don't see the strong hype about it probably cause I didn't read the novel

It depends on what kind of mood you are in. I like the drama b/c it's romantic and I didn't have any expectations to begin with so I'm enjoying it a lot more than I had expected. And I also like Eddie Peng's portrayal of WJ and I like romantic fun active go-getter type of guy like WJ. I'm in the mood for an easy romantic heroic general warrior type of drama and Sound of the Desert feeds my hunger nicely. Don't get me wrong, I like Jin Ye's character too. Hu Ge does a great job at portraying such a tragic character but I'm happy with XY and WJ being together.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairytale_Angel View Post

Dashing, romantic courageous, and charming- someone that will give up everything for the woman they love, it's fantasy, people are in it for the fantasy. The tension and romance between WJ and Xy is something we haven't seen between other pairs in a long time. Eddie peng's eye has the ability to express his happiness and sorrow , people are just falling in love not only with WWJ but EP as well. I personally just love how EP have prove to those he said he can not pull of this character , and he plays it to perfection.