Thread: Sound of the Desert 《风中奇缘》 - Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi, Eddie Peng

Quote Originally Posted by mnstryg View Post
    It depends on what kind of mood you are in. I like the drama b/c it's romantic and I didn't have any expectations to begin with so I'm enjoying it a lot more than I had expected. And I also like Eddie Peng's portrayal of WJ and I like romantic fun active go-getter type of guy like WJ. I'm in the mood for an easy romantic heroic general warrior type of drama and Sound of the Desert feeds my hunger nicely. Don't get me wrong, I like Jin Ye's character too. Hu Ge does a great job at portraying such a tragic character but I'm happy with XY and WJ being together.
    <3 LOVE them too!!!

This forum is so quiet this week. Is it b/c everyone is not so excited for this week's heartaches and little screen time of our beloved WJ? At least that's the case for me. From now on, there will be mostly drama and cat fights for the throne, which will test everyone's love for each other: WJ and XY's love, JY's love for XY, Ri Chan and the dancer's friendship, XY's friendship, etc.
    The next episode will be more challenging, probably less sweet time between WJ & XY...as they r going to face so many trouble between them.

Sometimes i think, JY role is really important. I need to thank him because without him, wuji won't be alive/ recover from his injury. His role is really sad indeed, but he gave happiness to xiao you in different way.

Xiaoyou is indeed lucky to be loved by Wuji & JiuYe. In real life, i would prefer guy like WWJ, because he's so witty, funny, smart & caring, also loyal most importantly, i like someone who can show what you have & what you love.

Btw may i know how many eps total? 35eps for hunan/cut vs?

@ yanni910 - I agreed! JY's character is very important and without his character, the story would be plain and not much lessons to learn from. I like to watch the ancient series particularly b/c I always learned something from them and it's an opportunity for to fantasize as well.

It depends on what kind of mood you are in. I like the drama b/c it's romantic and I didn't have any expectations to begin with so I'm enjoying it a lot more than I had expected. And I also like Eddie Peng's portrayal of WJ and I like romantic fun active go-getter type of guy like WJ. I'm in the mood for an easy romantic heroic general warrior type of drama and Sound of the Desert feeds my hunger nicely. Don't get me wrong, I like Jin Ye's character too. Hu Ge does a great job at portraying such a tragic character but I'm happy with XY and WJ being together.
    preach .. this post above sums up all my reasons to watch SotD kkk

had watched epi 25, and gawd i'm so pissed to XY, she better make it up big time for Wuji over his heartbreak later... and JY well JY, i know man, i feel you but just move on okay, it hurts me to see you like that, pining over a girl who now beyond your reach bec she already love someone else

and still dont get wtf is wrong with Qin Xiang, i feel like her reasons to avenged for her father is exaggerating,, there are no depth within her story that makes me feel she allows to avenged him abruptly like that, its just unconvincing, well at least for me... and this Li Ji, ugh just move on dude...

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    Dashing, romantic courageous, and charming- someone that will give up everything for the woman they love, it's fantasy, people are in it for the fantasy. The tension and romance between WJ and Xy is something we haven't seen between other pairs in a long time. Eddie peng's eye has the ability to express his happiness and sorrow , people are just falling in love not only with WWJ but EP as well. I personally just love how EP have prove to those he said he can not pull of this character , and he plays it to perfection.
    Yes, I totally agree~ I've always liked EP since Young Warriors, though mostly for his boyish cuteness. But this drama made me look at him differently. His portrayal of WWJ is just so charming and manly, while still being super cute around XY. I love his character for being so straightforward and steadfast about what he wants, and for treating XY like his equal. Like when they talk war strategies with each other, you don't find many Generals would do that with their wives. Though I have some gripes about this drama, but overall I really enjoy it. And I'm really happy EP got this role. He's managed to make me love WWJ way more than I do HQB in the novel. He has great chemistry with LSS, and can bring out the cuteness and carefree side of XY that I find endearing. Poor JY though, why can't Tong Hua just let him move on. It's so painful to watch him these last couple eps.

Some gifs a friend made to feed my obsession, lol. Aren't they perfect for each other *v*

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.minus.com/iktK19rHIxH0J.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.minus.com/ibaJYswaJKK3ft.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.minus.com/iWvNfM4W5cQpD.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.minus.com/i1Eu3107a4pP6.gif')
    Last edited by Nega Foxツ; 11-17-14 at 04:16 AM.

This forum is so quiet this week. Is it b/c everyone is not so excited for this week's heartaches and little screen time of our beloved WJ? At least that's the case for me. From now on, there will be mostly drama and cat fights for the throne, which will test everyone's love for each other: WJ and XY's love, JY's love for XY, Ri Chan and the dancer's friendship, XY's friendship, etc.
    I'm excited so much for this week! Actually, I like this sort of angst which is short and is followed by such perfect OTP hurt/comfort scenes. I just don't have any time to write anything longer because I have midterms this week. I’d like to thank everyone who has been sending me all those amazing, supportive messages and comments regarding my SOTD posts, be it here or to my tumblr blog - I appreciate them very much and they make me so happy and keep my going :-). I’ll be back for the screencapping on Wednesday and Thursday and with more SOFD posts at my tumblr blog at the end of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by briseis View Post
    I'm excited so much for this week! Actually, I like this sort of angst which is short and is followed by such perfect OTP hurt/comfort scenes. I just don't have any time to write anything longer because I have midterms this week. I’d like to thank everyone who has been sending me all those amazing, supportive messages and comments regarding my SOTD posts, be it here or to my tumblr blog - I appreciate them very much and they make me so happy and keep my going :-). I’ll be back for the screencapping on Wednesday and Thursday and with more SOFD posts at my tumblr blog at the end of the week!
    Hi briseis, love to see you again in this thread! I hope you keep up your SOTD review. We love it! HAHAHAHA initially I didn't know it is you, until you mentioned you should cancel your dentist appointment then I realized that it's the same girl

Thank you Nega Foxツ for the lovely gifs. Love it lots! JY character is so pitiful indeed, but without him, there won't be the happily ever after WWJ and XY. Heard they are married with lots of kids until the end. That's so sweeeet..after so much happened, between live n death, especially WWJ.

Hi, mnstryg yes, lots things to learn from this drama. I love ancient dramas since young. But recently because of Kdrama, I seldom follow anymore. Only selected dramas that famously discussed in forum/twitter.

btw, there is eddie peng thread in spcnet. hehehe we can spazz more abt him there.

And I'm totally blushing now... This scene and dialogue were apparently more R rated than I realized. o.O

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i62.tinypic.com/20ie4nb.jpg')
    (Last night's leek soup/mushroom soup.)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i62.tinypic.com/x2ktbt.jpg')
    (You had leek soup/mushroom soup last night?)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i57.tinypic.com/20fg8y.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i58.tinypic.com/jrvi2q.jpg')
    (And you still want more now?)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i59.tinypic.com/2zg80ub.jpg')

When I read the book, I really thought she was referring to a bowl of soup.
    But...
    click to show/hide spoilers
    in the show, they expanded the scene quite a bit more and from what I gathered in some mandarin forums, the "soup" was a euphemism for WJ's..."essence". O.O

Would anyone with a better grasp of chinese lingo/slang care to shed some light?
    Last edited by ladykrb; 11-17-14 at 11:43 AM.

Awww ladykrb, thank u for sharing. Wohoooo so exciting... Ur screencaps. Aww so perfect. WWJ so handsome.

Hahaha im nt good in chinese but i don't mind to the WWJ essence. Hahaha whatever it is.... Too cute & adorable..!

Btw the scene after lake scene, i find it WWJ so funny... Asked XY abt his performance in the lake. Wkakakakaka so playful

Gosh i'm like trying not to come by here due to all of the screencaps and gifs, it's such a distraction on trying to finish my hw lol you girls are spoiling it for me with all the screencaps of the eps that i have not seen yet hah xp

thanks for all the images and gifs guys, i'm like really anticipating the upcoming eps after they come out. so far i just finished watching the ep where XY fights for her man and i was just spazzing out while i was watching that scene. I think that they could have given her more dance moves like the other dancers since she should have the life of dancing within her??? (not sure if that's how you would say it >.<")

man can't wait till the ep where WWJ feeds XY like a piggy cause she's preggers and the part where he learns that he's going to be a daddy! xD

btw does anybody know that one girl who was on the dance-off/dance fight with XY?
    Last edited by blue_angel_10392; 11-17-14 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_angel_10392 View Post
    Gosh i'm like trying not to come by here due to all of the screencaps and gifs, it's such a distraction on trying to finish my hw lol you girls are spoiling it for me with all the screencaps of the eps that i have not seen yet hah xp

thanks for all the images and gifs guys, i'm like really anticipating the upcoming eps after they come out. so far i just finished watching the ep where XY fights for her man and i was just spazzing out while i was watching that scene. I think that they could have given her more dance moves like the other dancers since she should have the life of dancing within her??? (not sure if that's how you would say it >.<")

man can't wait till the ep where WWJ feeds XY like a piggy cause she's preggers and the part where he learns that he's going to be a daddy! xD

btw does anybody know that one girl who was on the dance-off/dance fight with XY?
    the scene was good, but it could of been better because LSS is a dance herself hehe, the foot snapping part made up for it lol. That girl looks familiar, is she from Ancient Fantasy Sword, the girl who plays the sword sister that is in love with William Chan's character?

That girl looks familiar, is she from Ancient Fantasy Sword, the girl who plays the sword sister that is in love with William Chan's character?
    Yep, that's the same girl.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    Yep, that's the same girl.
    That hair makes a difference, she looks so much more pretty as the dancer, then those ridiculous bangs she had. She does look pretty, and her dance move are pretty nice here too.

Quote Originally Posted by ladykrb View Post
    And I'm totally blushing now... This scene and dialogue were apparently more R rated than I realized. o.O
    Would anyone with a better grasp of chinese lingo/slang care to shed some light?

I just summarized mushroom soup/WWJ essence discussion on my blog. It should shed some light to your question.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 11-18-14 at 02:05 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

One of the best thing I like about this series, is the detail that they put into the costume. The detail of the belt.. I love all of WWJ costume, and his belt.. it look so good on him.. make him more manly.. the color black, navy, and grey color just look so good on him...

Quote Originally Posted by myenson1 View Post
    One of the best thing I like about this series, is the detail that they put into the costume. The detail of the belt.. I love all of WWJ costume, and his belt.. it look so good on him.. make him more manly.. the color black, navy, and grey color just look so good on him...
    I love the the detail too~~ this photo made me have teary eyes
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/67937701jw1emf62803arj20fj08rdg0.jpg')

I love the the detail too~~ this photo made me have teary eyes
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/67937701jw1emf62803arj20fj08rdg0.jpg')
    where you get this pic.. it the part when he got back from the war, and found out that the XY.. his love almost die during child birth.. that he was not there during all the time that happen to XY during his absent....

where you get this pic.. it the part when he got back from the war, and found out that the XY.. his love almost die during child birth.. that he was not there during all the time that happen to XY during his absent....
    Yeah, there is more pics out, i think the sneak peak will be out soon. I just didn't want to post them all, ill wait for Bruises to spoil you guys, she has better quality stuff

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/67937701jw1emf61xmg3xj20fj08rmxm.jpg')
    Last edited by IloveMimiLo; 11-18-14 at 04:04 AM.

2 more night to go.. Wednesday.. please come quickly.. can't wait to see what happen next.. I have read the book, but it nothing like on screen...

2 more night to go.. Wednesday.. please come quickly.. can't wait to see what happen next.. I have read the book, but it nothing like on screen...
    Sneak peak is out http://www.iqiyi.com/v_19rrnajkxg.html I think someone will upload it onto youtube soon.