Page 45 of 169 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound of the Desert 《风中奇缘》 - Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi, Eddie Peng

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    I'm not familiar with Asian actors popularity but Hu Ge doesn't seem to have a lot of international fans. Does he?
    Well, he hasn't done a role that has won him an international fan base. And Taiwanese/Korean/HK TV series are more generally popular with the overseas audience than Mainland series, although this might change soon as the Mainland TV industry evolves.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 03-03-12 at 10:04 AM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Well, he hasn't done a role that has won him an international fan base.
    actually yea apart from CP 1 that shot him to fame, HG hasnt met a proper role like LSS in BBJX that has shot him into the international scene.. but i still <3 him.. hopefuly dmy will strike it big.

anyways, was attempting to backtrack weibo.. did anybody post this?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6fe6b187jw1dqmd9dsmm0j.jpg')

or this? 【对于结局,胡歌提前揭秘:“孟九的结局仍将与原著一致———为了成全最心爱的女人,骑着一匹骆驼消失在沙 漠尽头。”】 - this came from HG's fan-club's weibo, re-weiboed by the official dmy weibo"

as to the ending, HG reveals: MJ's ending will remain the same as the original - for the love of his life, he will disappear into the desert's ends on a camel"
    Last edited by thesolangestory; 03-03-12 at 10:16 AM.

Well, he hasn't done a role that has won him an international fan base.
    From where I'm at, if a role isn't available, they'd reach out to their fans to increase their fanbase. If they are satisfied with their past projects, I don't see any reason why they can't increase it. I think I've mentioned it before, I have the impression that Tangren wasn't really pushing their artists to go international but after I read that there's just no role available, then I realize they're doing it passively.

A good role won't just land on their laps out of nowhere. Entertainment industry (in general) is not like how it used to be. There are a lot of competitions nowadays and he's not getting any younger. If he's going to wait for a good role to be available, it might be too late.
    Last edited by snowflakesdance; 03-03-12 at 10:39 AM.
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/549d3baagw1dqmy4btc1uj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/549d3baagw1dqmyg8f8wrj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/549d3baagw1dqmygn4619j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/549d3baagw1dqmyid78p1j.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    From where I'm at, if a role isn't available, they'd reach out to their fans to increase their fanbase. If they are satisfied with their past projects, I don't see any reason why they can't increase it. I think I've mentioned it before, I have the impression that Tangren wasn't really pushing their artists to go international but after I read that there's just no role available, then I realize they're doing it passively.

A good role won't just land on their laps out of nowhere. Entertainment industry (in general) is not like how it used to be. There are a lot of competitions nowadays and he's not getting any younger. If he's going to wait for a good role to be available, it might be too late.
    I agree with this. You won't get a good job if you don't go look for it. Or maybe they don't really care because they already have a big fanbase in mainland?

Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    actually yea apart from CP 1 that shot him to fame, HG hasnt met a proper role like LSS in BBJX that has shot him into the international scene.. but i still <3 him.. hopefuly dmy will strike it big.

anyways, was attempting to backtrack weibo.. did anybody post

【对于结局,胡歌提前揭秘:“孟九的结局仍将与原著一致———为了成全最心爱的女人,骑着一匹骆驼消失在沙 漠尽头。”】 - this came from HG's fan-club's weibo, re-weiboed by the official dmy weibo"

as to the ending, HG reveals: MJ's ending will remain the same as the original - for the love of his life, he will disappear into the desert's ends on a camel"
    Thanks for posting this and all the press conference pics, everyone! I love the costumes but for some reason the hair (especially LSS's) just looks a bit odd to me... Or maybe it's just me...

As for MJ's ending... well if HQB dies then doesn't Jin Yu end up alone and pregnant anyway? How does leaving off in a camel do anything for the love of his life? *confused*
    Last edited by anonin; 03-03-12 at 11:27 AM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/549d3baagw1dqn0m5pdbkj.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 03-03-12 at 11:53 AM.

I think it probably means that he left to find Jin Yu.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by anonin View Post
    As for MJ's ending... well if HQB dies then doesn't Jin Yu end up alone and pregnant anyway? How does leaving off in a camel do anything for the love of his life? *confused*
    Could it mean, they left together to the desert? MJ ends up with Yu'er!?

I think HG is already quite popular, and I'm sure getting offers left and right. However, I don't find any of his project outside of Tangren to be "memorable" roles. On the other hand, I don't find HXM's series to be that "memorable" either but he shot to fame because of ROCH? Who's more famous, HG or HXM?

As for LSS, it took many years and she got lucky to land the role of Ruo Xi. If not for YH leaving Tangren, and Karen having to get big names to be in the drama, LSS wouldn't have been considered for the role for Ruo Xi. She was supposed to be Lu Wa (13th's lover). And with hard work and dedication, putting her heart and soul to the role...she delivered.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/549d3baagw1dqmydhtmibj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    I think HG is already quite popular, and I'm sure getting offers left and right. However, I don't find any of his project outside of Tangren to be "memorable" roles. On the other hand, I don't find HXM's series to be that "memorable" either but he shot to fame because of ROCH? Who's more famous, HG or HXM?
    HXM is definitely more famous. You haven't seen New Shanghai Bund...now that was his most memorable role. He got loads of critical acclaim as Xu Wenqiang and he was absolutely swoonsome in there.

But Huayi does have a million times more clout than Tangren to promote their stars in the international movie industry.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 03-03-12 at 12:00 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

click to show/hide spoilers
    ah whoops i forgot to put the previous thing in spoiler LOL. erm.. it mean that just as in the novel.. in order to let hqb and jy be together, mj just leaves.. that means they are not changing the novel ending?

ah whoops i forgot to put the previous thing in spoiler LOL. erm.. it mean that just as in the novel.. in order to let hqb and jy be together, mj just leaves.. that means they are not changing the novel ending?
    I dunno know, they might change the ending because of SARFT.

HXM is definitely more famous. You haven't seen New Shanghai Bund
    Oh yes, but that's the only one right? Yes, it's the big company thing. Fans always wanted HG to leave Tangren, but he's so in-debt to the company and Karen, now owns part of the company...he won't leave. But if he's happy, fans should be happy. Maybe he don't want to be more famous than he already is and it's not that important to him
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 03-03-12 at 12:08 PM.

In Yu Zhong Ge, we will learn than MJ will have an adopted son who will love Jin Yu's daughter, Yun Ge. So looks like poor Jin Yu will be a single mom. If MJ did marry Jin Yu the single mom, then there won't be any adopted son to love Yun Ge and Yun Zhong Ge's story is screwed.

But who knows? Tangren won't care less about screwing up the story of Yun Zhong Ge. What got into Tong Hua's mind to sell DMY to Tangren and then sell its sequel to Karen's sworn enemy Yu Zheng?!
    I ship Shi-Harem

In Yu Zhong Ge, we will learn than MJ will have an adopted son who will love Jin Yu's daughter, Yun Ge. So looks like poor Jin Yu will be a single mom. If MJ did marry Jin Yu the single mom, then there won't be any adopted son to love Yun Ge and Yun Zhong Ge's story is screwed.
    What? In YZG, Meng Jue is Meng Jiu's adopted son?

But who knows? Tangren won't care less about screwing up the story of Yun Zhong Ge. What got into Tong Hua's mind to sell DMY to Tangren and then sell its sequel to Karen's sworn enemy Yu Zheng?!
    Didn't she sell YZG to Yu Zheng first before she sold DMY to Karen?

What? In YZG, Meng Jue is Meng Jiu's adopted son?
    Yes, he is.

Anyway, killing off HQB is going to screw Yun Zhong Ge anyway because Yun Ge has older brothers and she's supposed to be their youngest child, not their only child.

Unless...ahem, they have Jin Yu marry Meng Jiu and have other kids with him? Meng Jue can be from somewhere else...leave it to Yu Zheng's imagination, heheh. But he won't care lesss about proper continuity from DMY anyway.

BTW, Koala's now translating Yun Zhong Ge.
    I ship Shi-Harem

I dunno know, they might change the ending because of SARFT. Oh yes, but that's the only one right? Yes, it's the big company thing. Fans always wanted HG to leave Tangren, but he's so in-debt to the company and Karen, now owns part of the company...he won't leave. But if he's happy, fans should be happy. Maybe he don't want to be more famous than he already is and it's not that important to him
    well, if he doesn't want to be more famous, then they could just do it passively, like 'come what may' type. What I said before is based on what most artists hope for, which is international fame (or at least in Hollywood). It all just depends on the artist/agency's goal or dream. If he doesn't want to be famous outside china, then what I said before doesn't apply.
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Yes, he is.

Anyway, killing off HQB is going to screw Yun Zhong Ge anyway because Yun Ge has older brothers and she's supposed to be their youngest child, not their only child.

Unless...ahem, they have Jin Yu marry Meng Jiu and have other kids with him? Meng Jue can be from somewhere else...leave it to Yu Zheng's imagination, heheh. But he won't care lesss about proper continuity from DMY anyway.

BTW, Koala's now translating Yun Zhong Ge.
    The problem here is that Meng Jiu can't have children that's why he thinks he doesn't deserve to be with Jin Yu (If I remember correctly)

Quote Originally Posted by applexu_114 View Post
    The problem here is that Meng Jiu can't have children that's why he thinks he doesn't deserve to be with Jin Yu (If I remember correctly)
    Well, it is actually possible with wheelchair-bound persons, depending on which part is paralyzed

But if Jin Yu had to be a single mom upon HQB's death, I'd rather MJ be around for her, who cares whether he can't have more children with her.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Thanks

I dunno know, they might change the ending because of SARFT.

Oh yes, but that's the only one right? Yes, it's the big company thing. Fans always wanted HG to leave Tangren, but he's so in-debt to the company and Karen, now owns part of the company...he won't leave. But if he's happy, fans should be happy. Maybe he don't want to be more famous than he already is and it's not that important to him
    I know what you mean and I agree. Of course if he's happy then it's all good. That's why I said that he probably doesn't care that much about being more famous because he seems to be happy with how famous he already is.

Well if they have to kill of HQB in this drama version then maybe they'll make that Jin Yu's only child is the daughter ... but then again why would they care about how it links with YZG if the rival company is filming it and not them?

Quote Originally Posted by applexu_114 View Post
    Well, it is actually possible with wheelchair-bound persons, depending on which part is paralyzed
    But if Jin Yu had to be a single mom upon HQB's death, I'd rather MJ be around for her, who cares whether he can't have more children with her.
    Both of you make good points. I guess it depends on how the TR writers want the story to go...

Oh dear, I'm an Eddie fan, but I'm yearning for a MengYu ending. Despite what HG said, I do hope Tangren will have Meng Jiu end up with Jin Yu after HQB's death and be a nice dad to her kid. I mean given his lovely caring character, he wouldn't want to leave Jin Yu in the lurch as a single mom right?

Now I'm pretty good about HQB dying at the end. It lets China honour him as a great warrior-martyr plus lets Jin Yu be with Meng Jiu...

Oops...my fantasies are running, running...
    Last edited by xiaolong; 03-03-12 at 12:56 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Oh dear, I'm an Eddie fan, but I'm yearning for a MengYu ending. Despite what HG said, I do hope Tangren will have Meng Jiu end up with Jin Yu after HQB's death and be a nice dad to her kid. I mean given his lovely caring character, he wouldn't want to leave Jin Yu in the lurch as a single mom right?

Oops...my fantasies are running, running...
    Trust me you're not the only one hoping for this type of ending! I was talking to mom (she watches more drama than I do!) over dinner and she was like, scripting the entire DMY new drama ending as Meng Jiu and Jin Yu staying together raising the child and everything LOL

But I find it really funny that they're giving away the ending before they even film the drama LOL
    Last edited by anonin; 03-03-12 at 01:01 PM.