Page 8 of 169 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound of the Desert 《风中奇缘》 - Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi, Eddie Peng

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    ^^Start filming ceremony/date.
    will they be releasing the official casts on that same day?
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    will they be releasing the official casts on that same day?
    Yes. If TR doesn't want to release anything before that, no one can force them to, not even bombarding fans. 10 more days of worry.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    Yes. If TR doesn't want to release anything before that, no one can force them to, not even bombarding fans. 10 more days of worry.
    10 long days to worry...

Full article by Ms. Koala:

Sorry guys, I’m so pissed off right now I’m actually shaking from anger. I might be putting my Da Mo Yao translations on temporary hiatus, despite the fact that the next few chapters are the most exhilarating things I’ve read in years and have had the pleasure of translating. I can’t think straight right now because Tangren has decided to play coy and mind screw with me and every single DMY fan out there. Despite the fact that for months now they have been leaking tidbits here and there that Hu Ge was confirmed as Huo Qu Bing, and everyone pretty much knew Liu Shi Shi would be Jin Yu, today’s official weibo release on the DMY official weibo channel almost made me spit up blood. They have confirmed Hu Ge and Liu Shi Shi pairing up for this drama, but refuse to divulge the name of the other male lead. What’s worse, they say that the characters the two male leads will be playing still remain under wraps. W!T!F! *giving TR the giant middle finger* Word from various rumors and leaks are that Eddie Peng is the other male lead, which is leaving everyone and their mother’s worried that Hu Ge will end up playing Jiu Ye and Eddie will be Huo Qu Bing.

See the DMY official weibo, and then the official weibo for that insanely lame upcoming Xuen Yuan Jian decided to one up it by saying the male lead is a super big idol movie star. Male lead? Tangren refusing to confirm Hu Ge is Huo Qu Bing in the first weibo announcement? Methinks Eddie is getting to pick which of the two characters he wants first. This is always the same crap Tangren pulls, and the person normally screwed over is Yuan Hong, but since he got sick of their bullshit and left the agency, who knows if TR is going to abuse their own precious leading man now.

Seriously? You’re adorable, Eddie, and a damn fine young actor. But I started reading Da Mo Yao because GeShi was going to play the leads, and I cannot handle you coming in and messing up my fantasies. I know there have been rumors in the past that Hu Ge actually wanted to play Jiu Ye (Buh? Baby, please don’t torture me like that), but honestly, he needs to play Huo Qu Bing at this point or I’ll give myself a hernia. So until the casting is finalized, I’m in no mood to translate anything. If the casting gets screwed up, I’ll probably break up with DMY rather than suffer through a trainwreck drama. I guess the only silver lining is that Hu Ge has NEVER EVER EVER played a second male lead in a TR drama. Or in pretty much any drama. I doubt TR will throw him under a bus at this stage in his career. Sigh, one can hope.

Hu Ge and Eddie (along were Peter Ho) were adorable as the Yang brothers. But hell no is Eddie playing Huo Qu Bing over Hu Ge. But then I can’t picture Eddie as Jiu Ye either. Ottoke, whatever shall happen with this drama adaptation? Sobs, I’m so so morose right now. Who knew a novel could get me this passionate about getting it done right as a drama. I need to curl up in a ball and hope this is just a really bad dream and the final casting comes out as GeShi as HuoYu and then all will be right in the dramaverse again.

© 2012, ockoala. All rights reserved.

Full article by Ms. Koala:

Sorry guys, I’m so pissed off right now I’m actually shaking from anger. I might be putting my Da Mo Yao translations on temporary hiatus, despite the fact that the next few chapters are the most exhilarating things I’ve read in years and have had the pleasure of translating. I can’t think straight right now because Tangren has decided to play coy and mind screw with me and every single DMY fan out there. Despite the fact that for months now they have been leaking tidbits here and there that Hu Ge was confirmed as Huo Qu Bing, and everyone pretty much knew Liu Shi Shi would be Jin Yu, today’s official weibo release on the DMY official weibo channel almost made me spit up blood. They have confirmed Hu Ge and Liu Shi Shi pairing up for this drama, but refuse to divulge the name of the other male lead. What’s worse, they say that the characters the two male leads will be playing still remain under wraps. W!T!F! *giving TR the giant middle finger* Word from various rumors and leaks are that Eddie Peng is the other male lead, which is leaving everyone and their mother’s worried that Hu Ge will end up playing Jiu Ye and Eddie will be Huo Qu Bing.

See the DMY official weibo, and then the official weibo for that insanely lame upcoming Xuen Yuan Jian decided to one up it by saying the male lead is a super big idol movie star. Male lead? Tangren refusing to confirm Hu Ge is Huo Qu Bing in the first weibo announcement? Methinks Eddie is getting to pick which of the two characters he wants first. This is always the same crap Tangren pulls, and the person normally screwed over is Yuan Hong, but since he got sick of their bullshit and left the agency, who knows if TR is going to abuse their own precious leading man now.

Seriously? You’re adorable, Eddie, and a damn fine young actor. But I started reading Da Mo Yao because GeShi was going to play the leads, and I cannot handle you coming in and messing up my fantasies. I know there have been rumors in the past that Hu Ge actually wanted to play Jiu Ye (Buh? Baby, please don’t torture me like that), but honestly, he needs to play Huo Qu Bing at this point or I’ll give myself a hernia. So until the casting is finalized, I’m in no mood to translate anything. If the casting gets screwed up, I’ll probably break up with DMY rather than suffer through a trainwreck drama. I guess the only silver lining is that Hu Ge has NEVER EVER EVER played a second male lead in a TR drama. Or in pretty much any drama. I doubt TR will throw him under a bus at this stage in his career. Sigh, one can hope.

Hu Ge and Eddie (along were Peter Ho) were adorable as the Yang brothers. But hell no is Eddie playing Huo Qu Bing over Hu Ge. But then I can’t picture Eddie as Jiu Ye either. Ottoke, whatever shall happen with this drama adaptation? Sobs, I’m so so morose right now. Who knew a novel could get me this passionate about getting it done right as a drama. I need to curl up in a ball and hope this is just a really bad dream and the final casting comes out as GeShi as HuoYu and then all will be right in the dramaverse again.

© 2012, ockoala. All rights reserved.

Awwww poor Koala.... and she worked so hard.... im pissed too
    Last edited by C-luv-H; 02-21-12 at 02:38 AM.

I'm really laughing at Koala's post...

there should be a warning or something: "Following TangRen Dramas before production is dangerous to your health"

:P

Awwww, c'mon Koala!!? Eddie's an awesome actor. I know he doesn't suit either character, but I adore him enough to overlook it

*hiding before all the cabbages get thrown my way*
    I ship Shi-Harem

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy131/snowflakesdance/Da%20Mo%20Yao/dmy1.jpg')

^^That's just for people in China (or more specifically around/in Shanghai) who want to go to the press conference.

^^That's just for people in China (or more specifically around/in Shanghai) who want to go to the press conference.
    yup... and I know someone who is interested LOL

theme is interesting, very unique, so only LSS & Hu Ge is confirm right?

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    so far, I think, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    Yes. Liu Shi Shi's character is confirmed as Jin Yu, but Hu Ge's character still hasn't been confirmed.

am i the only one who too overwhelmed about the confirmation that my shi ge are going to be together to care otherwise?

but i like eddie! alot!!!

Now guys you know why were Huomis so upset when we found out Wallace "gave up" SOD and "accepted" a Jiu Ye role in DMY. I share Ms Koala's feeling....

Eddie?!!! Oh no. I think he's adorable but not a good fit for either role. Sorry to Eddie fans out there but I just don't think he has the acting.... gravitas I guess, to pull off either role.

If Eddie does need to be in it, I'd rather him be Xiao Huo rather than Jiu Ye. I haven't watched Eddie Peng for some time, when I did watch him, he has this youthful charm about him that might do for Huo Qu Bing, but just won't do as the calm and mature Jiu Ye. I've gotten comfy with the fact that Hu Ge would be Huo Qu Bing, so now the thought that he might become Jiu Ye is a bit 别扭 (awkward). now I have to find Jiu Ye in Hu Ge clips.

I think I'll wait until the press conference before digging up Eddie Peng clips. They never do a press conference with an incomplete cast do they? More importantly, I'll never know if another actor's name might surface on the web. Though that "super big idol movie star" that was mentioned inside the Xuen Yuan Jian's weibo pretty much sounds like Eddie and most of what TR has spilled bits and pieces of (not a newbie, hard to get 'him' settled, and the complementary term of being a 实力派 professional actor) sounds like him too.
    Last edited by chancy426; 02-21-12 at 11:11 PM.

Setting up props are almost complete for DMY (and Legend of Chu and Han):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/7e071d48jw1dqaw7tj8tsj.jpg')

I wish I checked this thread 10 days later now....
    It's taken 2 months for me to kinda picture HuGe as HQB...and after finally fitting him into character in my mind, there's a chance it might change? And Eddie, OMG, he really doesn't suit either of the lead characters. Can he be Shi Feng or someone instead .-.

She's so pretty! As much as I want to say she'll succeed being Jin Yu, I don't want to expect too much. She may have done a good job as RX in BBJX, but there's one thing/emotion that I haven't seen from her and that's PASSION. From what I've read so far, Jin Yu is a passionate girl. But who knows? She shocked all of us with her RuoXi, maybe she'll do the same with Jin Yu.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/46df9e97jw1dqa4pm7vwdj.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/66e65d1ejw1dq8iz5bomqj.jpg')