Page 6 of 169 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound of the Desert 《风中奇缘》 - Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi, Eddie Peng

Chapter 8 & 9 of Da Mo Yao in Koalasplayground.... HQB and JY sizzling with hotness moments.....

Just read from Koalasplayground that Liu Shi Shi has been confirmed for Jin Yu!!!! ShiGe RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by atsu-chan View Post
    Just read from Koalasplayground that Liu Shi Shi has been confirmed for Jin Yu!!!! ShiGe RULES!!!
    REALLY!!!?? Although, I can't seem to find the video. I wonder where ockoala got that information from.

-----------------EDIT: --------------------------------

YES!!! GeShi Da Mo Yao!!!! My hopes for GeShi leading DMY are up again.

刘诗诗还透露,她还将接拍古装剧《大漠谣》饰演一名被狼养大的女孩子。另外,还在筹备《步步惊心2》的拍摄。
    "Liu Shi Shi has also revealed that she will be in Ballad of the Desert, her character being a girl that was brought up by wolves" (Jin Yu).
    Links: http://ent.ifeng.com/zz/detail_2012_...547462_0.shtml
    http://ent.xinmin.cn/2012/02/16/13669845.html

Liu Shi Shi has stated that she is going to be Jin Yu in Da Mo Yao.
    If they're getting a veteran to take Wallace's place, doesn't that mean that Hu Ge will be playing Huo Qu Bing?! (HG's probably past idol status, but still not old enough for veteran status, and the character Meng Jiu/Meng Xi Mo in DMY is the oldest of the 3 leads.)

Is Da Mo Yao really where GeShi will finally pair up? I am actually in Ninth Heaven now. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/79/bobofeiwen_thumb.gif')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/6d/lovea_thumb.gif')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/58/mb_thumb.gif')
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 02-16-12 at 04:19 AM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

i've been listening to the audiobook.. da mo yao is such a great story..
    just wondering if any of you know what is the song that was played at the end of the 58th episode?
    can't wait to watch this drama!!

GESHI GESHI GESHI GESHI GESHI GESHI!!!!!!!!!!!! *DOES CRAZY VICTORY DANCE*
    i cannot imagine anyone other than shi shi as jin yu and hu ge as huo qu bing while reading the book... *goes back to crazy dance* GESHI GESHI GESHI GESHI GESHI

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    TR is indeed hiring a veteran for one of the male leads (which will probably be Meng Jiu, since he's the oldest [mid 20s] of the three leads, which may mean that HG will be playing Huo Qu Bing. So if LSS ends up leading this drama, DMY will be GeShi heaven.
    I'm listening to the audio book now, which sounds pretty different from the way I speak Mandarin! IDK why, I keep picturing Kevin Cheng as Jiu Ye!
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I'm listening to the audio book now, which sounds pretty different from the way I speak Mandarin! IDK why, I keep picturing Kevin Cheng as Jiu Ye!
    Probably because of Eighth Prince. The vibe 8th gives is also similar to Meng Jiu. Although I'd rather TR not use BBJX cast for DMY. They have BBJX2 in Sept.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 02-16-12 at 08:12 AM.

Yey!! thanks for the update H.Ge-C.Liu!! finally!!

I personally don't want Kevin Cheng to play Meng Jiu though... hmm, I just finished watching BBJX few weeks ago and I honestly don't want to see him NOT getting the girl again unless they make Meng Jiu as someone who is really really evil and doesn't deserve to be happy LOL

but then I'm not done reading the book yet so I don't know what he will become :P
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    Probably because of Eighth Prince. The vibe 8th gives is also similar to Meng Jiu. Although I'd rather TR not use BBJX cast for DMY. They have BBJX2 in Sept.
    Yeah, I know. I keep thinking of past characters in Tangren productions when I read the book. For HQB, first impression I had that he's very Yelu Xie-ish, but I never thought YH would be him plus he's in the mode of wanting to break out of typecasting anyway. Xuanyuanjian hasn't even been aired, but I'm now picturing Hu Ge's Yuwen Tuo in the HQB role. I always associated Hu Ge as happy carefree Li Xiao Yao-types, but I'm open to him breaking that typecast. I know Kevin's unlikely to be Jiu Ye, but now I can't get Kevin = Jiu Ye out of my mind. Sorry! I totally can't see Wallace Chung as Jiu Ye though. My other preferred Jiu Ye choices would be Chen Sicheng or Li Jie.

At first I can't picture LSS as a wild exotic girl like Jin Yu as she really does look very Han Chinese (altho she's not) and just, well, virginal. I mean Jin Yu comes across to me as really sensual...I was thinking of Ady actually. But I guess looks-alone can be compromised (if Guo Xiaoting can be cast as a Mongolian girl in BBJX). We will see how much LSS can pull off that untamed, sensual side.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 02-16-12 at 09:54 AM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

So now we have 2 confirmed casts. GeShi together is an exciting news to fans who like them. They had been in a number of dramas but never came across as lovers. Do hope they will make a couple this time.

But I guess looks-alone can be compromised (if Guo Xiaoting can be cast as a Mongolian girl in BBJX).
    but i thought guo xiao ting looked like a mongolian girl!

Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    but i thought guo xiao ting looked like a mongolian girl!
    Really?!! Well, if you have seen The Rise Genghis Khan (2007) which was an Oscar nominee for best foreign film - that's where they used real Mongolian actors and actresses. Looks pretty different to me...
    Last edited by xiaolong; 02-16-12 at 12:30 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

I also think Kevin's 8th brother is similar to Yelu Xie (I keep hearing it as Yi Zhi Xie. -_-") with the vibe, who seems to be a nice person, but at same time feel like he's insincere because it seems like his kindness towards some people is due to political reasons. And Yu Dan (is that his name?) seems like 10th. Maybe because I'm early in the story still, I still don't get Shi Shi vibe for Jin Yu or (Yu Jin) at this moment. To me, Yu Jin feels kinda like Yang Mi (as in her Qing Chuan from Gong) in this early stage. Ady....? I got to picture next time I tune in.

Really like this story so far. I think it's gonna take me at least a month to go through the whole story with my limiting schedule.

You are hearing it right as Yi Zhi Xie. I'm referring to a totally different character from another Tangren series - Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang back in 2006.

But I'm keen to see Hu Ge break out of his usual typecasting.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 02-16-12 at 02:14 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

I must have been sleep reading last night to have skipped out all the important detail in your post. Even skipped out YH. ^^

I wonder if they'll put two actress to play Jin Yu. A young girl to play Yu Jin from Chapter 1 and then have LSS play the veiled Yu Jin from Chapter 2 onward. Like in dramas when the male lead was a boy and jumps into the water and comes up all grown up.

Well, in BBJX she started off as a young girl too...
    I ship Shi-Harem

Audio book?!! Where can I find the audio version of the book? I've been looking all over.

Quote Originally Posted by chancy426 View Post
    I must have been sleep reading last night to have skipped out all the important detail in your post. Even skipped out YH. ^^

I wonder if they'll put two actress to play Jin Yu. A young girl to play Yu Jin from Chapter 1 and then have LSS play the veiled Yu Jin from Chapter 2 onward. Like in dramas when the male lead was a boy and jumps into the water and comes up all grown up.
    I was thinking about that as well. In BBJX, they changed her age from 13 to 16 in the beginning so that it would be more believeable. In Da Mo Yao, she's like only 10 or 11 in the beginning. I think it would make more sense if they used a younger actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    Audio book?!! Where can I find the audio version of the book? I've been looking all over.
    Here's the audiobook for DMY:
    http://www.cxt8.com/static/chapter_1733/
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    Edit: Xiaolong's already given the link.