Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159160161162163164165166167168169
Results 3,361 to 3,377 of 3377

Thread: Sound of the Desert 《风中奇缘》 - Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi, Eddie Peng

Oh i Know that it is based on the famous HQB, what I meant is that the author is using the historical background for this romance story, and what really brought people's attention to this series is mainly the romance. agreed that the editing wasn't the best, and yes those darn crappy CGI. However i still love the series for what it is, well mostly because of WWJ and XY part hehe. I haven't ship two characters in so long.

I did mention earlier that I was very disappointed with this drama but out of boredom, would continue watching. Well, I didn't. Just could not drag myself to sit through Hu Ge's day-dream like state, knowing that he is a much better actor than this rubbish he is giving us here, Shi Shi's usual mediocre acting - she seems such a one dimensional actress and all this despite Eddie Peng's good acting here - not a difficult job in this drama since the other 2 are so bad. Instead, I am now hooked on Romance Of The Condor Hero - not an easy task to convert me from a Li Guoli supporter to Yu Zheng. I hated what the latter did to Swordsman and those kitchy roles that he made Yang Mi play but by God - I think he did right on this new remake. I think Tangren need to use better leading actresses in their future dramas as they have been going downhill since BBJQ. Again I say LSS cannot carry a drama and the pairing btw her and Nicky Wu is only for the diehards. There is no actual spark for others who are not yet fans of the pair. Hu Ge desperately needs to leave this company for better and more heavyweight roles. He has done well in his recent roles with other producers and should stay there.

Post interview! Hu Ge , Liu Shi shi, no Eddie Peng

THIS WAS SO GOOD!

I'm sad that I missed out on watching this while it aired and everyone was discussing/fangirling/swooning over Wei Wu Ji on this forum! I remember reading the translation of Da Mo Yao on Koala's Playground two years ago and waiting (and waiting.. and waiting..) for the drama to get released. Eventually I just forgot about it, only to discover a week ago that it had finished airing and all the episodes were available online! It's been a while since I marathoned an entire drama this quickly. Now that it's over, I'm dealing with a bad bout of withdrawal by watching all the Wei Wu Ji scenes again-- you know a character is well-loved when someone goes to the effort of slicing up every episode to compile only the ones he appears in (search for 风中奇缘 霸道将军彭于晏cut集锦).

There's always been buzz around the casting for this drama from the start, and I'm firmly in the camp of "whoever cast Eddie Peng should get a huge bonus." He, Liu Shi Shi and Hu Ge acted in Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang together (though none of them were paired together in that drama) and in the behind of scenes, both Liu Shi Shi and Hu Ge comment on how much Eddie has matured since then. The chiseled face and abs and all are definitely appreciated, but I'm most struck by how his screen presence has grown. Even in the first 1/3 of the show where he has less screen time than Jiu Ye, Wei Wu Ji steals every scene he's in. It helps that he gets some of the best lines and funniest interactions in the novel, which the drama stayed pretty close to. I do think Eddie added a more youthful spin to Wei Wu Ji/Huo Qu Bing, but only in his interactions with Xiao Yue; it works because it doesn't detract from his credibility as an arrogant general and feels true to the reality that he's a 20-year-old who's fallen really hard for a girl. And it gives us so, so many squeal-worthy scenes!

Can I just say how refreshing it was not to have a secondary female character trying to destroy the OTP? The closest we get to that is the dancer who almost picks Wei Wu Ji at the banquet, but she just becomes Ri Chan's wife and a friend to our OTP. We also don't have any annoying misunderstandings that last too long, thank goodness. Most of that is kudos to Tong Hua's writing. It's funny, usually I fault the movie/drama for not living up to my expectations for a novel, but it wasn't the case with Da Mo Yao. It established early on that it was going to stay close to the novel, so each episode was just waiting to see the scenes from jump from the book to the screen. I wasn't disappointed by any of the main scenes, but it was amusing seeing how much of the "intimate" stuff they could keep in the drama. I ended up reading the novel again and had to laugh at how very, very, very much Wei Wu Ji/Huo Qu Bing wanted to make babies with Xiao Yue/Jin Yu.. ALL the time.

If anyone has tips on getting over this drama, I'm all ears! In the meantime, I'm going to listen to Wei Ni Ping Ding de Tian Xia on repeat and watch all the fan-made MVs on Youtube. Here's one of my favorites:

The song is from a Qiong Yao drama from back in the 90's that I vaguely recall my grandparents watching. Kind of fitting, seeing as Tong Hua seems to be this generation's Qiong Yao.
    Last edited by panda-pop; 01-27-15 at 05:23 AM.

Okay, after years of waiting and kind of giving up on this drama, I'm finally getting around to watching this. I absolutely love it so far (I'm pretty close to the end!). I initially was sceptical of Eddie as HQB/WWJ, and after watching most of the drama I can say that his performance isn't quite how I pictured HQB in the book (for the record, Hu Ge is not how I pictured HQB either). However, I think Eddie did a wonderful job with the character and I'd even say that added a dimension to WWJ. His performance actually made me like the character more because I thought HQB was great in the first half of the book but I started to find him boring and 1-dimensional towards the end. Eddie's performance has made me ship WWJ and XY a lot more.

I think Shi Shi's XY was also fantastic, but better in some scenes than others. She brought out a great emotional range in XY, though. I'm still on the fence about Hu Ge's Jiu Ye. And omg Fala does such a great job as Qin Xiang/Li Yan. She might not be the most beautiful woman in the world but her acting is exactly what I hoped for. Also, the writing and dialogue is so beautiful that I could listen to it forever.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Okay, after years of waiting and kind of giving up on this drama, I'm finally getting around to watching this. I absolutely love it so far (I'm pretty close to the end!). I initially was sceptical of Eddie as HQB/WWJ, and after watching most of the drama I can say that his performance isn't quite how I pictured HQB in the book (for the record, Hu Ge is not how I pictured HQB either). However, I think Eddie did a wonderful job with the character and I'd even say that added a dimension to WWJ. His performance actually made me like the character more because I thought HQB was great in the first half of the book but I started to find him boring and 1-dimensional towards the end. Eddie's performance has made me ship WWJ and XY a lot more.

I think Shi Shi's XY was also fantastic, but better in some scenes than others. She brought out a great emotional range in XY, though. I'm still on the fence about Hu Ge's Jiu Ye. And omg Fala does such a great job as Qin Xiang/Li Yan. She might not be the most beautiful woman in the world but her acting is exactly what I hoped for. Also, the writing and dialogue is so beautiful that I could listen to it forever.
    Yay, someone else catching up on this drama! I'm still torn on Fala's performance.. I think she did a nice job as Qin Xiang in the palace, but I didn't feel like I saw the growth the character has in the novel. I imagined her as very sweet-seeming and young during the first half of the book (even though we know she's always been somewhat of a conniving/old soul), and unfortunately, Fala's look is just a bit too mature to portray that. Shi Shi, on the other hand, is still in that in-between stage lookwise where she can play the younger version of her character as well as the woman at the end who has seen and been through a lot.

Dragon Heiress, have you listened to the audiobook? My Chinese isn't good enough to read the original text but the audiobook's let me dwell on the writing and dialogue more after finishing the series. It's so good! I've been listening to it here: http://www.ting56.com/mp3/1289.html.

^I can see what you mean about Qin Xiang, but I'd say the lack of sweetness almost seems like a choice they made. She was quite cold and serious from the beginning, and that makes it seem like a deliberate choice from the writers/producers/director to me.

I have not listened to the audio book. Actually, I didn't even realize there was one available. Thank you so much! I'll definitely be looking into that.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/d9d85becjw1ep8rs0wp9zj20xc17z12f.jpg')

Wuji and Xy so cute! awww

I have just started watching, and love the interplay between Yue and Hong Gu (the madame who brought Yue into the performance troupe)

The Hong Kong actress has acting depth...

Quote Originally Posted by briseis View Post
    SQUEAL!!!!!I think my favourite scenes are the ones involving the OTP and bed! This is pure shippy heaven! He is massaging her feet!!!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/9LTP515.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/SzKzgja.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/KAsblkC.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/bLlBrVD.jpg')
    Here comes the "bed pining"
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/THTcKel.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/aGwQ5nj.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/8R8pZro.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/aZXnQhN.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/9uaCCr6.jpg')
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/d9d85becjw1ep8rs0wp9zj20xc17z12f.jpg')

Wuji and Xy so cute! awww
    Xiao Yue looks so pretty in that scene! I actually think she looks best during her time at the military camp with Wu Ji.. Liu Shi Shi can really rock the "pretending-to-be-a-boy" hairstyle. It's interesting how she starts consciously falling for Wu Ji because him doing her hair reminds her of her dad braiding her hair when she was little. Kind of seems like Xiao Yue has a father complex, since she also falls for Jiu Ye for similar reasons.

My Drama Tea is still recapping Da Mo Yao (and recently published one for episodes 23-27) for those of you interested!

Hey all, just curious to see if anyone has gotten their hands on a dvd boxset of this series. Had been looking at this Taiwan version in particular: http://sh1.obuy.tw/gull/item.asp?item_id=611545

Hoping there's a copy somewhere without the subtitles

I am one of those super duper last ones (never too late tho', right?) to watch this show.....kinda stumbled onto it....but BOY, do I love it!!! Love it for one reason and one reason only Eddie Peng! He did such a fantastic job and what chemistry between him and LSS - perfect! I have already watched it twice in a row and looks like I might just watch it for the third time (skipping all the non-EP & LSS bits).....I have also read all the threads posted here and thoroughly enjoyed reading all the comments. Thanks guys

Yes Yes, this thread was popular last year! I enjoy be part of this too! I am glad you enjoyed it! It is great! I love EP and LSS pairing, I hope they do a collaboration in the future!! But Since the rumors of them being together in real life, they may want to stay away from each other to avoid more rumors .

Unpopular opinion here (since 90% of you are Wei Wuji & Xin Yue shippers) but after rewatching this for a handful of times I still find myself shipping Jiu Ye and Xin Yue. Don't know if it is cause of how Hu Ge portrayed him as I find Hu Ge to be fantastic for this role, and couldn't exactly imagine another actor for Jiu Ye just like I also wouldn't have anybody else be Wei Wu Ji thanks to Eddie Peng. Tbh if it wasn't for Hu Ge as Jiu Ye, I don't know if my heart will be all poured out over Jiu Ye nor will I ship Ninth Lord- Xin Yue the way I do. I'm however most surprised about people complaining about Hu Ge's performance calling him boring, expressionless and how he emotes his character, but I strongly beg to differ as that's the character of Jiu Ye. He is calm, reserved and retreated to depths of emotions and sorrows in his heart that he keeps to nobody but himself. Hard to read, he is definitely opposite of Xin Yue and Wu Ji.

Don't get me wrong Eddie Peng and LSS have this adorable chemistry and make this OTP alive/ what it is, and I definitely understand the attraction and ship for these two but my poor heart cannot be broken any further for Jiu Ye, and the cute OTP scenes don't really mend it for me I think it has to do with how these two got together. Most people aren't complaining or probably even in defense of the OTP because they are great together, but I can't help but think that if Xin Yue realized Jiu Ye was looking for her she would've rushed back and perhaps lived happily ever after with him. If Xin Yue had a FAIR choice between both while she still could, it would've no doubt been Jiu Ye. Instead she walked down the path of moving on and then became the last person to know the extent of Jiu Ye's feelings and things he did for her, hence why she was absolutely torn by the time she came to realization because deep inside she knows she still loves him but cannot abandon Wuji now. Yes she also has the choice of going back to Jiu Ye before she made it clear for good that she's 'moved on', but it's not the same choice if all things were equal. It's like you have a chance to date either X or Y vs. you're already in a relationship with X then realized that Y actually loved you too (you like Y before dating X) but you're already committed to X now. However I'm glad she didn't leave Wuji to go back to Jiu Ye because that would've just made things worse. It truly wasn't meant to be for them, is all one can say

I also understand it's a matter of opinion, but I think this series is just so well done and overall a fantastic series that I'm surprised by some of the comments saying this is a flop. (However majority here love this series so I'm comforted by the fact that the love/fans outweigh the haters for this ) However I do understand some of the complaints about some unnecessary draggy dialogue at times and palace politics can be reduced to make pacing better. This is one of the best Chinese dramas I've watched and this is coming from someone who tends to drop Chinese dramas or skip through scenes. The only other one I didn't was Bu Bu Jing Xin.
    Last edited by Dmm19; 03-21-16 at 11:00 PM.

Sorry for bumping this old post.

This was a fantastic drama. The plot twist of XJ actually choosing between WJW and MX was :O

I loved the scenes between WJW and XJ being all lovey dovey. I wish my boyfriend was that romantic and cute, and handsome

I'd definitely watch this again. Eddie Peng is so handsome in the historical costumes. I hope he continues to do more dramas.

I didn't think it was a very good drama but it's not too bad. What threw me off entirely was when I learned that Jinyu used to live with her former boyfriend and with many people like a small village/tribe, well, that explained why she was politically smart. Tricked me for a while to slowly please accept her none-supposingly to be smart if she were to only read but never have no real interaction with outside people.
    I also think back about how on earth did she not know how to ride a horse and tricked me into that cute scene with Eddie at the beginning? Smashing my own head. Also those scenes with Jiu ye are unfair too, she should have earrings a long time ago considering how girly she looked back then. And she should be used to normal cooked food that are cut in pieces...know how to use money or if not, be wise about them...and many other things. I was saddened by that not so smart illogical twist.

Hey Verdiani,

I oddly didn't get thrown off by all those small things. I feel she purposely hid her identity so people didn't think she was from the nomadic tribes, thus she pretended to be ignorant of things, but secretly she knew a lot. Also, I feel the tribes society was different from civilization, probably why she didn't know how to use money, interact with city people, used to normal cut foods?

The earring thing, I'm not sure. She was raised by wolves until 7-8? Maybe her papa didn't see the need to pierce her ears since she's already so old lol. I'm not sure at what age is appropriate, but I got mines pierced at 4 months old.

The only part I thought was kind of irritating about the series was how fast time lapsed, in the span of 4 episodes two years go by, but no one ages or looks slightly older. Oh well. I really liked the series because of the WJW and JX interaction, the scenes are so touching and heart warming, I'd watch it again just for those cute scenes where JX starts to fall for WJW.

I think a cool plot twist would have been if "Papa" was really Madame Jiang's father. XJ says that her papa told her to move on with life after death, and to live happy. It would have been a cool twist because XJ was trying to get QJ to let go over her vengeance and revenge plans.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^