Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Last edited by Fairytale_Angel; 11-19-12 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    Heard DFBB was actually a girl to start with but later on became a "he'. DFBB kept Yang Lianting as a toyboy because he assembled LHC.
    And Jin yong approved of this?!? Because I am pretty sure this was not in the book...

Jin Yong is usually supportive of his adaptations in the beginning, and as negative reviews come in, he start going against it... However, he knows they must deviate from the books or else it'll be boring... This re-make adds/re-use alot of "modern" plots and pieces of plots from the older films & series... I like how it borrows from the 2nd movie and the MediaCorp production... Of how even-though LHC is no match for DFBB, he uses her love for him to injure her, then dump her into a lake as fish food or was that RYY he throws into a lake. I just hope they do it "smoothly" and adds to the enjoyment to the story and not hinder/confuse the story.

After looking at the trailer, it appears much more airtime will be devoted to DFBB... Even some of the scenes & storylines which has always belonged to RYY will now be substituted/shared by DFBB. Very interesting...
    Last edited by szfong; 11-19-12 at 09:39 PM.

Trailer

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6fe6b187jw1dz18yds2yxj.jpg')
    Wallace Huo's information site, forum and Facebook: www.wallacehuo.info

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    anybody know when is this series come out? I only saw Dicky as a guest cameo, anybody other famous actor cameo in this series?
    Please see the first post in this thread for a list of guests.

Trailer

That's an awesome tease. Fast pace and showcasing many actions. Though it doesn't look as colorful and painting-like as Yu Zheng described, it sure looks like a promising production. Looking forward to a longer trailer, and of course the actual series itself. This is my favorite Jin Yong novel and any novel period, please don't disappoint me Yu Zheng. Here's hoping.

I'm still firm in my view that Yuan Shan Shan is a miscast. The trailer looks promising so far, and Joe Chen's not that bad in terms of acting [here].

I felt quite strange when Wallace said 'Miss Dongfang is forever in my heart' . 被雷到了.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    I'm still firm in my view that Yuan Shan Shan is a miscast. The trailer looks promising so far, and Joe Chen's not that bad in terms of acting [here].

I felt quite strange when Wallace said 'Miss Dongfang is forever in my heart' . 被雷到了.
    DFBB is a woman in this new version. She later turned into a man because of some martial acts. I guess there are not much plots YZ could add, other than the DFBB/LHC line of story, to distinguish this version.

Am glad YZ spelled "Swordsman" correctly at the end. What a relieve!

If you want to watch the original HD version of the trailer, see this link:

http://www.wallacehuo.info/AncientSe...xPzwr&lb=1&s=A

Heard DFBB was actually a girl to start with but later on became a "he'. DFBB kept Yang Lianting as a toyboy because he assembled LHC.
    Watching the trailer it seems like DFBB has a large role is this, is that the case? Because I really dislike the actress. Of course I guess she does fit the role because she definitely looks like a man!

After watching the higher quality version of the trailer... I just hope they don't kill off ALL of LHC's women in the end.... I like how one of the Miss DongFangs turns evil to become DFBB and how she goes back to becoming Miss Dongfang before she dies. I guess DFBB is his first wife or was that Miss DongFang, DFBB's twin sister. So, one turns into a man and back before she dies and the other one marries LHC before dying... very interesting indeed... It would be even be funnier if DFBB and RYY are somehow blood-related (twins/sisters??)...
    Last edited by szfong; 11-20-12 at 05:41 PM.

I will now erase all my knowledge of SOD and for Wallace have an open mind about this series and try not to be bias. Looking at the amount of CGI makes me cringe a little, but who knows this series might, just might not be crappy, cross my fingers~ Anything for you sexy man you!

YSS looks really nice in this photo

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/635b9229tw1dz2r989tw7j.jpg')

The trailer: it's so squeaky clean, I imagined I could eat my dinner off the actors while they were fighting .

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu
    Ditto. In fact, with the focus on DFBB, I'm really starting to wonder if the RYY-LHC pairing has been given up before it has started. I think the DFBB-LHC thing only really worked with Swordsman II (and that's because Brigitte Lin portrayed DFBB with such charisma). The latter movie was dark and gritty; riding a subtext of insane egotism. It left the right atmosphere for such a crazy pairing. In the bright, squeaky clean backdrop of Yu Zheng's production, the 'love affair' between the two seems almost as garish as the colours.

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme
    DFBB is a woman in this new version. She later turned into a man because of some martial acts
    Huh? This would take away the depth of psychological dilemma surrounding Kui Hua Bu Dian; namely, an ambitious man willing to sacrifice his manhood to achieve the greatest martial arts. The reason DFBB became significant at all was because his downfall due to KHBD was an example of the fate of ambitious men wanting to practice KHBD. Actually, I thought there was more to DFBB's downfall, but that seems irrelevant, if DFBB is going to be a woman.

I'm open to change and different interpretations. This change however, would need a really convincing overhaul of plotline direction to make it meaningful, if not at least, contextual.

If it's a change just to create ANOTHER relationship for LHC, or, just to have LHC-DFBB as a pair...well...

YSS looks really nice in this photo
    She reminds me of Yilin in this pic.

I hope the lack of attention to RYY is a ruse. Something to show later? I've always found the mystery with RYY-LHC's first meeting rather unique. RYY's music and willingness to embrace LHC as himself, seemed to represent the true freedom LHC was searching for. To replace or add to this with DFBB...another ZWJ harem, no?

Wow!! The trailer looked great!! Lots of action and fast paced - I like it!! Also, I realized the effects were better too! They rarely make TV dramas with good animations...glad to see they made the bears look real! hehe

The trailer is really catchy...I hope it gets international 'cause it looks like they put a lot of work into it.

I heard this adaptation kills off alot more actors than the book. Initially, LHC likes DFBB more than RYY, although he owes them both greatly. He dumps DFBB for being a SHE/HE, DFBB is scorned, they then gang up and kills her. Like DFBB, even Feng Qinyan & Xiang Wentian gets more airtime in this series and gets killed near the end.

^Starting to sound like a melodrama :O

At least the guys are eye candy in this series if the story goes terribly wrong, LOL.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6781cd45jw1dz3lhp3awcj.jpg')

so LHC love DFBB instead of RYY in this version, dang that weird, don't remember that part in any other version

At least the guys are eye candy in this series if the story goes terribly wrong, LOL.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6781cd45jw1dz3lhp3awcj.jpg')
    So true, so true .

Although, I only last so long with a crazy script/plot. My greatest record was persisting with XYJ, and that was only because of the ShiGe appeal.