Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

dang, the actor for LPZ looks so pretty/cute in those pics! haha good casting

Quote Originally Posted by ZINAXP View Post
    Is that correct that it is reported that Wallace records his own voice in Swordsman? When i watch the trailer, i feel it is kind of his voice. But honestly i cannot tell, since i am not Chinese
    Yes, Wallace sings the main theme song for this new series. There is a video somewhere in this thread that shows Wallace prepping himself for the recording. It's sort of funny to watch. He drinks wine to clear his throat.

what????the uncle Dongfang loved Linghu Chong?o DIO KILL ME!!!!!!what the hell you wanna do anti Yu?

There was no love triangle in the Taiwan adaptation, but that's according to the story, at least in the MediaCorp adaptation, after learning the Sunflower Manual, DFBB's age reversed, and HE became a SHE and physically she is younger than LHC, but age-wise, she can be LHC's mother or grandmother. He really likes her too & meets her before meeting RYY. He felt sorry for her & believe she was sold to a brothel. She was only reminiscing the fact HE can no longer do the things in a brothel that HE use to enjoy. As a women now, she was looking for someone "worthy" enough for "her". Hence, he found LHC, who knew her initially as a "woman" dressed as a "man" to be perfect. Confusing... eh? RYY later steal her "uncle Dongfan's" boyfriend.

Just saw the second trailer... Just like in the Jet Li film, in one scene, LHC refuses to allow DFBB to fall to his death from a cliff and keeps asking HIM... "Was it you who made passionate LOVE to me last night for the ENTIRE night???" But.. but.. you are a MAN, how could it be?? It couldn't have been you!!! Could it??? Tell me was it you or did you substitute someone else?? If it was you, I won't/can't let you die. You or whoever it was is way better than RYY.. She's just too SHY!! DFBB says, let me fall, I will never tell you who it was... hehe... Just hilarious...
    Last edited by szfong; 12-23-12 at 01:08 AM.

Is Jin Yong okay with them taking such liberty with his novel? He was pretty disappointed with the Taiwanese 2000 production for straying too much from his novel and was famously furious with the Taiwanese 1998 production of ROCH for pretty much butchering his novel.

Quote Originally Posted by EastMagi View Post
    Is Jin Yong okay with them taking such liberty with his novel? He was pretty disappointed with the Taiwanese 2000 production for straying too much from his novel and was famously furious with the Taiwanese 1998 production of ROCH for pretty much butchering his novel.
    If the adaptation's producers are "cheap" & don't pay him enough upfront, perks, residuals... etc.. he'll criticize the adaptation. He has said that he doesn't discourage changes, but as long as it is well done (but by who's authority??)...

Would be interesting if anyone has info on Jin Yong's net worth. If he was an American author, he would be worth at least $100 million US dollars by now, if not more. Just look at J.K Rowling and Stephenie Meyer.

yea, asian authors or entertainment industry in general gets less compared to the west. look at movie or tv stars in general in hollywood, getting paid millions, while chinese tv stars gets i think only couple thousand per episode or something. but man after watching magic blade which was a disappointment, i'm hoping this series won't suffer from over use of cgi. i would rather see choreographed sword fight scenes like good old days.

Is this a Taiwanese series or Mainland?
    Most of the famous actors/actresses in this series seems to be from Taiwan like Wallace hou.

Quote Originally Posted by ZINAXP View Post
    Hi Tobema, i have some questions which i think u might know the answers
    1. I heard that Wallace hired his own stylist for his character in XMSY. Wondering if he also did this for other characters as well? Like Li Jing, Xu Jiang Quing, and Li Ge Xiu, cos i see these characters have also the same hair style (and is similarly to his latest character in XMSY when he wears the Ming outfit)?
    2. Is that correct that it is reported that Wallace records his own voice in Swordsman? When i watch the trailer, i feel it is kind of his voice. But honestly i cannot tell, since i am not Chinese
    1. Yes, Wallace did hire his own stylists for XMSY. There is a special thinks in the trailer of Swordsman to stylists of Huajae Studio. So I presumed Wallace did hire his own stylists for this show too.

2. Unfortunately no.
    Wallace Huo's information site, forum and Facebook: www.wallacehuo.info

Quote Originally Posted by EastMagi View Post
    Would be interesting if anyone has info on Jin Yong's net worth. If he was an American author, he would be worth at least $100 million US dollars by now, if not more. Just look at J.K Rowling and Stephenie Meyer.
    We don't know his net worth but he should be very well off. His books are still selling nowadays. Also, people are still making adaptations based on his books.
    Wallace Huo's information site, forum and Facebook: www.wallacehuo.info

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    yea, asian authors or entertainment industry in general gets less compared to the west. look at movie or tv stars in general in hollywood, getting paid millions, while chinese tv stars gets i think only couple thousand per episode or something. but man after watching magic blade which was a disappointment, i'm hoping this series won't suffer from over use of cgi. i would rather see choreographed sword fight scenes like good old days.

Sadly if this is made in the Mainland and not Taiwan, it will suffer alot more than just the CGI affect. Especially if they put hidden messages in it about promoting the ccp.
    Or if most stuff they wanna make will get censor out because some ccp people will say it too not good for the chinese people. Gotta stick to what the ccp script say and nothing else.

Just like how the ccp put a limit on time travel film that will somehow try to change the entire history of the mainland.
    Why are so many taiwanese actors/actresses making films in the mainland?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSourSalt View Post
    Sadly if this is made in the Mainland and not Taiwan, it will suffer alot more than just the CGI affect. Especially if they put hidden messages in it about promoting the ccp.
    Or if most stuff they wanna make will get censor out because some ccp people will say it too not good for the chinese people. Gotta stick to what the ccp script say and nothing else.

Just like how the ccp put a limit on time travel film that will somehow try to change the entire history of the mainland.
    Why are so many taiwanese actors/actresses making films in the mainland?
    I had always thought that Mainland films had better quality though...even though from the trailer the CGi is a bit much. The quality of the sets and costumes are better, for historical at least. Usually the story line too, but I don't know about this one considering it hasn't been broadcasted yet...

They just release a short version of the themesong!

Credits: [email protected]

the title is called 逍遥 试听版 translated "Happy You're Gone" hopefully that's right ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by urbanblue View Post
    I had always thought that Mainland films had better quality though...even though from the trailer the CGi is a bit much. The quality of the sets and costumes are better, for historical at least. Usually the story line too, but I don't know about this one considering it hasn't been broadcasted yet...

Yeah but it's a bit under limit considering that the CCP will review it before it get release. If the ccp feel it's offensive to them than probably some scenes will be drop out.Therefore reducing the quality.
    Also the ccp might have part where there will be hidden messages promoting the ccp.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairytale_Angel View Post
    They just release a short version of the themesong!

Credits: [email protected]

the title is called 逍遥 试听版 translated "Happy You're Gone" hopefully that's right ^_^
    Nice song, catchy and happy sounding. Interesting title as well.

Here is the themevideo and full version of the song (i think) of the drama!!!

Credit to: XDRAMAsX on youtube

The drama is slated to be aired on Hunan TV on February 5th, 2013
    Last edited by Fairytale_Angel; 01-06-13 at 12:41 AM.

Yu Zheng is fast...
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 01-05-13 at 11:39 PM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Febuary O:

Wow...how long did they take to film this?

Tumbs up for the video!
    Last edited by JadeHeart; 01-06-13 at 12:28 AM.