Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

I'm so confused...in the show was DFBD originally a boy or girl?

Quote Originally Posted by JadeHeart View Post
    I'm so confused...in the show was DFBD originally a boy or girl?
    DFBB is originally a guy. In the novel he was.

In the MediaCorp adaptation, DFBB was a originally a feminine-looking man, then became a young pretty lady after learning the sunflower manual... She/he became LHC's good friend, showed him mercy many times, even cured his illness and in return LHC stabs her to death and threw her into a lake as fish food.

From the trailer, it seems to borrow alot from the MediaCorp series which in turn borrows alot from the Jet Li film Swordsman II.

However, I like the colorful costumes/clothing and the special effects. They spent more time on post-production work than actual filming it seems, as most sci-fi/wuxia films nowdays do.
    Last edited by szfong; 01-09-13 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by renren View Post
    woah the ost is out 谢谢 for people who uploading..like the song directly..glad that wallace will be smile a lot in this series compare to Lian Cheng (sigh..) although maybe in the beginning when Linghu Chong still has free spirit without much burden..lol... btw is this the ost that wallace has sung?? but the voice is different, isn't it?..Can't wait till it get aired...February...woah...
    Have u watched XMSY ? Wallace smiles a lot in that too..

Here is the link of the theme song, ending song and insert songs of Swordsman

http://y.qq.com/#type=album&id=304144
    Wallace Huo's information site, forum and Facebook: www.wallacehuo.info

Quote Originally Posted by State of Divinity View Post
    I understand certain changes needs to be made as to not make things predictable, but some changes just don't work. LHC can and should only end up with one lover, RYY, reason for that is because she's the only girl that rightfully deserve him. The young nun cannot be with him because it is not in her character, she's a young girl in love but overcame it, which not many can do, she still wants to be walking the path of enlightenment, to do what her parents could not. She deserves that, much better for her than to be LHC second or third wife, or whatever.

As for LHC junior sister, she can't be with LHC either, as she truly loves her husband. Before and after marriage. It's the irony of her family, just like her mother, both are wonderful wives, but fall for fake gentlemen, power hungry men. That's the tragedy of the story. To change that means to get rid of that irony. There's a meaning to who they love.

To top it all, LHC is not the type of character to go for multiple ladies.

With this in mind, I still hope Yu Zheng can at least deliver a decent series.
    My understanding is that in this adaptation LHC will end up with only one girl and that girl is RYY.
    Last edited by tobeme; 01-09-13 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    My understanding is that in this adaption LHC will end up with only one girl and that girl is RYY.
    Yes, that I knew, my post was more of a response to some of the changes that others suggested here.

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    Here is the link of the theme song, ending song and insert songs of Swordsman

http://y.qq.com/#type=album&id=304144
    Thanks a bunch for the songs. They're nice.

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    In the MediaCorp adaptation, DFBB was a originally a feminine-looking man, then became a young pretty lady after learning the sunflower manual... She/he became LHC's good friend, showed him mercy many times, even cured his illness and in return LHC stabs her to death and threw her into a lake as fish food.

From the trailer, it seems to borrow alot from the MediaCorp series which in turn borrows alot from the Jet Li film Swordsman II.

However, I like the colorful costumes/clothing and the special effects. They spent more time on post-production work than actual filming it seems, as most sci-fi/wuxia films nowdays do.
    I kinda don't like this approach, as to me it makes LHC seems like a tool. I can't see LHC being a person who befriend someone and then end up killing them. If he's this type he wouldn't be buddy with the rapist to begin with. He's carefree and open.

Though I understand what Yu Zheng is doing in trying to humanize DFBB by making he/she become friend with LHC but then having to fight LHC later on, which is suppose to be heart breaking for LHC as he has to pick one side over another. However, the whole thing still feels weird to me. Assuming this is how the series will go.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-09-13 at 04:45 AM.

I kinda don't like this approach, as to me it makes LHC seems like a tool. I can't see LHC being a person who befriend someone and then end up killing them. If he's this type he wouldn't be buddy with the rapist to begin with. He's carefree and open.

Though I understand what Yu Zheng is doing in trying to humanize DFBB by making he/she become friend with LHC but then having to fight LHC later on, which is suppose to be heart breaking for LHC as he has to pick one side over another. However, the whole thing still feels weird to me. Assuming this is how the series will go.
    From the trailer, it seems LHC was angry with her for not telling him who she was or what ruthless things she had done to people close to LHC. She stand there and lets him kill her, but he only stabs her shoulder instead, remembering all the kindness she has shown him.

Even though Yu Zheng is notorious for plagiarizing many pieces of work he has done, I still think his stuff are virtually always done better than the original. He makes it longer and more clearly explains things, and not assuming too much that the watcher has background info.
    Last edited by szfong; 01-09-13 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    From the trailer, it seems LHC was angry with her for not telling him who she was or what ruthless things she had done to people close to LHC. She stand there and lets him kill her, but he only stabs her shoulder instead, remembering all the kindness she has shown him.

Even though Yu Zheng is notorious for plagiarizing many pieces of work he has done, I still think his stuff are virtually always done better than the original. He makes it longer and more clearly explains things, and not assuming too much that the watcher has background info.
    With the way you describe it, I happily accept, and will continue to look forward to this series.

Quote Originally Posted by renren View Post
    And I agree with you Luanee..I think some new adaptation is okay..since a lot of people already know the story so some new story line will be interesting to watch....I remember watched a lot of adaptation of ROCH or LOCH and sometimes find it were not surprising any more because we already know the plot ..keep waiting if Yu Zheng will give us shock again....hehehe
    Wallace sings the opening theme song. Since posting Carefree MP3 on qq music the hits get more than 900,000 in 13 hours. It is expected it will go up to 1 million within 14 hours. But this is qq music alone, by adding up other sites which also host Carefree, the total may well over 2 million!

Yes, that I knew, my post was more of a response to some of the changes that others suggested here.

Thanks a bunch for the songs. They're nice.

The ccp is also using him / LHC as a tool to promote commism through hidden messages yet to be seen inside the film. The ccp always use subliminal messages in their popular movies/tv series.
    If this series does turn out to be good, it will still be ruined by the ccp.

Yu Zheng has to change the story because there has already been way too many remakes of XAJH. But being that it's my favorite Jin Yong novel (a tie with LOCH), I don't mind the remakes - I'll just keep watching 'em as long as they keep making them.

Quote Originally Posted by EastMagi View Post
    Yu Zheng has to change the story because there has already been way too many remakes of XAJH.
    Except he didn't change it much, from what we know, he's only borrowing elements of "change" from others before him.

Quote Originally Posted by EastMagi View Post
    But being that it's my favorite Jin Yong novel (a tie with LOCH), I don't mind the remakes - I'll just keep watching 'em as long as they keep making them.
    It is also my favorite Jin Yong novel, not tie with anything, I don't mind remakes either and will continue to watch them, as long as they don't make crazy drastic changes. Say, LHC gets drunk and rape someone...maybe the nun, etc.

That would be something I'm sure not many would accept either. Just laying out the possibilities of bad changes that could happen due to some lack of creativity in trying to twist things.

9 minute trailer released:

Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

And we're officially back to "Swordman"...

Thanks for the trailer, though the series is looking too clean for my taste. Also I feel there's too much CG going on. Too much DFBB as expected, but all in all, still looking forward to it.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/8f1d980ajw1e0o8v2kbinj.jpg')

The WOLF at minute 7 : 55 seconds is similar to the one from the demi semi series 2013 trailer........ Pause it and compare

Demi Semi 2013 trailer at minute 1 : 05 seconds, look at the WOLF, pause it and compare...........

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSourSalt View Post
    The WOLF at minute 7 : 55 seconds is similar to the one from the demi semi series 2013 trailer........ Pause it and compare

Demi Semi 2013 trailer at minute 1 : 05 seconds, look at the WOLF, pause it and compare...........

Because they are the same. Except it was first shown in the "Swordsman" trailer. The original 2 minute trailer that is. But yes, I've made this post a page back or so, they are indeed the same wolf. However I think it truly belongs in Swordsman as there is an actual scene where they are fighting the wolf. Where as in DGSD they just randomly show the wolf just to put it there.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-10-13 at 02:16 AM.

Looks a little too melodramatic for my tastes. I still think Wallace is a miscast for LHC.

Oh well, it looks pretty at least. I'm sure it'll be entertaining if not epic.

Because they are the same. Except it was first shown in the "Swordsman" trailer. The original 2 minute trailer that is. But yes, I've made this post a page back or so, they are indeed the same wolf. However I think it truly belongs in Swordsman as there is an actual scene where they are fighting the wolf. Where as in DGSD they just randomly show the wolf just to put it there.

Qiao Feng is Khitan, and Khitan people symbolize as the WOLF because they are strong as fighter and warrior.

What do you mean because they are the same? The CGI of the WOLF is made by the same person? It sorta look like it.

Wolf in Xiao Au Jiang Hu? When? I should watch the TVB version again to look for them wolves.