Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Quote Originally Posted by State of Divinity View Post
    Indeed, the trailers have already done that. Rightfully so.

As for HK producers not paying him enough, that explains the ban on TVB for future adaptation. Assuming what I recall hearing was true. On the topic of the endorsement, I think I read that Jin Yong approve of this adaptation, I now wonder if that's wholeheartedly or out of high payment. Anyway, the fans of the novel knows which one is the most truest adaptation in term of story, SOD 96. Whether the author himself may approve of it or not.

With that said, let's hope Yu Zheng can deliver a watchable series next month.
    I think Jin Yong's tolerance of inaccurate adaptions decreases as he ages, maybe he needs money to fund his retirement. He was displeased with Tsui Hark's movie adaption of XAJH with DBFF loving LHC yet he praised this version. Anyhow, I will try and watch as a separate story from the XAJH that I know, hopefully Wallace Huo is enough eye candy for me to forget the strange plot and funny coloured costumes. Looking forward to Feb 2013.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Indeed, the trailers have already done that. Rightfully so.

As for HK producers not paying him enough, that explains the ban on TVB for future adaptation. Assuming what I recall hearing was true. On the topic of the endorsement, I think I read that Jin Yong approve of this adaptation, I now wonder if that's wholeheartedly or out of high payment. Anyway, the fans of the novel knows which one is the most truest adaptation in term of story, SOD 96. Whether the author himself may approve of it or not.

With that said, let's hope Yu Zheng can deliver a watchable series next month.

Why are you guys saying it as if like Jin Yong is after the MULA?
    I think this is more of the ccp thing where if the ccp want to make this series happen than they will regardless if Jin Yong like it or not.

Last edited by SweetSourSalt; 01-13-13 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSourSalt View Post
    Why are you guys saying it as if like Jin Yong is after the MULA?
    I think this is more of the ccp thing where if the ccp want to make this series happen than they will regardless if Jin Yong like it or not.
    I think you read my post wrong.

Nowhere did I say Jin Yong was only out for the money, I have all the respect in the world for him as he is my all time favorite author. No author currently on this planet to me has written a better story than him. I've mention this many times on this forum, I even wear his story on my user name.

With that said, I was simply saying what I believe I hear people say, never stating it as facts.

I never said without his approval this series would not be made or anything, we know if company want it made, it will find its way into production. However, I was just wondering if his said approval for this take on XAJH was out of genuine care, or he just no longer care in term of adaptation quality and give it a free pass.

Again, all is base on what I hear, never claim as facts.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-13-13 at 08:25 PM.

I think you read my post wrong.

Nowhere did I say Jin Yong was only out for the money, I have all the respect in the world for him as he is my all time favorite author. No author currently on this planet to me has written a better story than him. I've mention this many times on this forum, I even wear his story on my user name.

With that said, I was simply saying what I believe I hear people say, never stating it as facts.

I never said without his approval this series would not be made or anything, we know if company want it made, it will find its way into production. However, I was just wondering if his said approval for this take on XAJH was out of genuine care, or he just no longer care in term of adaptation quality and give it a free pass.

Again, all is base on what I hear, never claim as facts.

But I don't think Jin Yong can argue with the ccp if they alter his novels anyway they wanted to.

But I don't think Jin Yong can argue with the ccp if they alter his novels anyway they wanted to.
    I understand that, I never imply he has the power. I was just wondering if he honestly approve of this version or not. Not that it matter, but it's just out of my own curiosity.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-13-13 at 09:49 PM.

Omo...while waiting for swordsman 2013, i get the 2001 CCTV adaptation...woahh..it's soo great...not old fashioned although i watch it after 12 years of the making..love RYY here..hope YSS can pull this character in 2013 adaptation..i know her acting skill is improve...but watching the Gu Xing performance....she was soo great...RYY should have a lot of emotion so the character is difficult to portray...can't wait for Feb 5th...will be a great birthday present for me...hehehe

I watched the trailer on youtube last night. It looks very good. Can't wait for this series to air

I watched all 3 trailers, they overlap/repeat somewhat though.. It appears as if RYY is taking a back seat to DFBB. DFBB's character is multifaceted and interesting. She is both good & evil, while RYY's character is rather simple & bland compared to DFBB. This differs alot from the previous adaptations. The scene where DFBB is playing & dancing with her concubines looks exactly like Jacelyn Tay's portrayal in the MediaCorp adaptation, before she killed them all after falling for LHC. Even her facial expression and the way she moved looked alike. At the end of the series, after DFBB dies, during there marriage night, you "almost" feel sorry if RYY dies from the Three Corpse Brain Pill DFBB secretly had fed her since she was little. I hope the antidote was still in her makeup. Can't wait to see this series... in 3-4 weeks, I guess...

There are various Swordsman's BTS released just recently.

For HD BTS files which have Wallace in them, you may visit here to see them

http://www.wallacehuo.info/AncientSe...4004114_LTFR2V

For all BTS, you may see them on Utube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all

For Wallace's BTS only: http://www.wallacehuo.info/AncientSe...zb7Kx&lb=1&s=A
    Last edited by tobeme; 01-17-13 at 08:28 PM.
    Wallace Huo's information site, forum and Facebook: www.wallacehuo.info

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    There are various Swordsman's BTS released just recently.

For HD BTS files which have Wallace in them, you may visit here to see them

http://www.wallacehuo.info/AncientSe...4004114_LTFR2V

For all BTS, you may see them on Utube: http://www.youtube.com/my_videos (since the files are now being uploaded. You may need to wait when the processes are completed)
    Thanks for the BTS. They were not only fun to watch, but educational. Haha! I enjoyed it. Makes me look forward to this series even more.

I love Joe Chen here. She looks fabulous, and a bit strange that she appears to have so much more chemistry with Wallace than the 2 women he is supposed to be in love with.

9 Minute Trailer Subbed
    Blog: Chenguang's Orchard

Currently translating Hua Xu Yin

Quote Originally Posted by chenguang View Post
    9 Minute Trailer Subbed

Will you do fansub for the entire series once it's out?

Will you do fansub for the entire series once it's out?
    Mostly likely not. That's too big of a project for me to take on alone.
    Blog: Chenguang's Orchard

Currently translating Hua Xu Yin

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    I watched all 3 trailers, they overlap/repeat somewhat though.. It appears as if RYY is taking a back seat to DFBB. DFBB's character is multifaceted and interesting. She is both good & evil, while RYY's character is rather simple & bland compared to DFBB. This differs alot from the previous adaptations.
    I disagree. Until the whole series is seen, it's hard to say if RYY is really being pushed to the background, or it's an intentional ploy for the trailer. I think the later for now. It's not uncommon for footage to be purposely mixed with audio from different scenes to create a 'false story' to throw people off track in the trailer. The plot has to balance between LS and RYY. Now with DFBB thrown into the mix, if not dealt well, it could make LHC appear kinda like a ZWJ. To believably convince the audience that one person genuinely loved two people is enough of a stretch. Three?

I couldn't see enough detail in the trailer to judge the depth of character for any actor or actress. The trailer was obviously pacy, intended to ramp up some relationship melodrama, and show how well they can steal plot ideas from previous adaptations. Not much character development insight at all. Maybe you can see something I can't .

That being said, I've always been intrigued by XAJH96's idea to poison RYY. It was a bit melodramatic, but it worked surprisingly well. Then again, the relationship between LHC and RYY developed in a convincing way.

I'm sorry, but all the girls in this series fight like girls . That is very obvious even from just the trailer. Honkie slang described this girly fighting as 'embroidering flowers'.

Someone needs to drag LSS over here for a LGX/SN reunion. Now that woman knows how to swing a sword.
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 01-22-13 at 09:11 AM.

hehe RYY may not be pushed in the background but her character in the trailer is not as interesting as DFBB. As always, the baddies are always much more intriguing to watch.

One does not need to wield a sword to fight. She just needs to fight like she's the BOSS.

In this series RYY just does not seem to be as heavily promoted, both in the trailer & in the chinese media. DFBB takes center stage.

Like everyone is obviously fascinated by DFBB's character portrayal in this adaptation. She's the "smallest/shortest" DFBB I've ever seen.

Is she also the little "nun's" big sister? (according to the trailer)

yea, it seems people like that whole taboo thingy, probably reason y they chose to copy swordsman 2 n the Legendary swordsman version. what i dont get is why is dongfangbubai after linghu chong when his lover looks exactlu same as lhc? y is dfbb lover all feminine?

The book never mention what happens if a woman learns the Sunflower Manual, but it is said to also reverse aging and extend one's life. DFBB is a man, so he's a "she-male/bi-sexual" I guess.

In the past, adaptations were mostly consistent w/ the novel, but recent adaptations are altering many points, especially the ending. I guess they have to change things or else they'll be boring/unsurprising because of all these moves & series "REBOOTs" lately. I hope LHC has at least 1 companion in the end, or else he's gonna have to shave his head and become a "nun-monk / monk-nun"

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    The book never mention what happens if a woman learns the Sunflower Manual, but it is said to also reverse aging and extend one's life. DFBB is a man, so he's a "she-male/bi-sexual" I guess.

In the past, adaptations were mostly consistent w/ the novel, but recent adaptations are altering many points, especially the ending. I guess they have to change things or else they'll be boring/unsurprising because of all these moves & series "REBOOTs" lately. I hope LHC has at least 1 companion in the end, or else he's gonna have to shave his head and become a "nun-monk / monk-nun"
    I wouldn't be surprise if they made ling hu chong learn the sun flower manual in order to beat dfbb, lpz, ybq... imagine lhc, with huashan sword skills, shaolin inner energy skills he learn at end, absorbing skills, dugu 9 sword and sunflower manual, he will be the strongest in jin yong series lol.

i'm just hoping all the major fight scenes are well choreographed instead of cgi. 96 and 2000 version with richie ren actually had good swordplay, choreography n camera angles.