Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Because this version of RYY got show stolen by DFDB right from the start. In 20003 version she takes prime place right from the start and Xu Qing made a very cute and adorable RYY so her RYY got lots of fan support.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanblue View Post
    The truth is...I actually want to see more of DFBB than RYY in this version. I don't why I can't stand YSS. Admittedly though, she seemed better as RYY mother than she did in Gong 2

Quote Originally Posted by madeee View Post
    Yes, food and products made from the Mainland aren't safe, but that's one thing. To incorporate that into this drama is where your problem lies. You seem to be putting too much thought into something where most would just dismiss this as just a drama and that it's normal.

Trust me, you aren't "smarter" than the majority that would just dismiss these types of things. You have an extreme and I mean extreme bias towards the CCP. It's not healthy my dude.

Well maybe the ccp should fix the problems first before they allow for more of these tv series, commercial and movies to be made with these eating scenes to make it look so delicious that you gotta eat.

it's normal for some who doesn't think more than just watching it to enjoy but still the problem exist.

Bias or not, the problems with the ccp still exist.

Off topic:

Lighten up guys/gals... the only controversy I see in this series is the "theft" of ideas from previous re-makes or other un-related series... He's notorious, even in China, for doing such unscrupulous things... but Yu Zheng is known to hire lowly paid yet highly talented people to do the "writing/borrowing/theft" and getting all the credits for its successes... That's called covering ones "behind" in case of BIG trouble, while reaping the rewards.. That's also being a smart/shrewd entrepreneur

Generally, it is very difficult to do effective propaganda or insert subliminal messages in Wuxia series... Especially, this one which is authored in HK, by someone who is a VERY RICH CAPITALIST.

They can/may do CCP specific stuff thru advertisements for their particular broadcast areas/cities/municipalities during breaks..
    But we only see the UN-interrupted versions...

In historical dramas, eg anti-Japanese/British/American series, or so called patriotic themed dramas, you can tell immediately, by the music, intro, ending, etc....

These series are for ratings & advertisements, syndication, sales, etc... They are quite EXPENSIVE to make compared to other series types... and not at all effective at making people more pro-government, etc....

Now back to the topic:

I really like how this series fills some "relational" holes left in the novel of how the various characters meet/interact, etc... Some of the other re-makes were lop-sided... focused way too much on certain scenes and not enough on others... being balanced is REALLY important to keep the audiences' attention.

Since RYY still has not appeared, only her look-a-like mother, I can't wait to see how she portrays this complex, yet contrasting (good+evil), but likable character.
    Last edited by szfong; 02-11-13 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    I was so wrong... After previewing Ep #9... apparently DFBB in this adaptation is originally FEMALE!!! who was abandoned by her parents, especially the father... She is just a women dressed as a man. And is Yilin's biological sister... Changed all of my preconceptions of things, hehe

Watch at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFKjO45yLzE
    I've watched the video but it didn't mention Yilin. It only showed that DFBB was original female and was saved by Du Gu Qiu Bai.
    Would you pls explain abt the "Yilin's biological sister"-thingy?

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang View Post
    I've watched the video but it didn't mention Yilin. It only showed that DFBB was original female and was saved by Du Gu Qiu Bai.
    Would you pls explain abt the "Yilin's biological sister"-thingy?
    I got ahead of the series by the preview, today's episodes should explain it much more clearly than I can... The little girl is Yilin, which she hid in barrel, and went back to look for her. That good luck charm she gave her was dropped by Yilin at the end of Ep. 11, but found by her near Qu Yang/Lui's graves..... Perhaps in Ep 12-13, they'll re-unite...

that person is NOT Du Gu Qui Bai... DGQB died even before the Condor Heroes Trilogy... The person who saved her is a Devil's Sect Elder...
    Last edited by szfong; 02-11-13 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    Do you mean the first word of his last name? Your're right. His last name should be Lìng and zero is Líng
    I believe "令 = líng" is correct.
    It seems like that word has many intonation like ling2, ling3, ling4.

In this series, I'm glad they didn't mention anything concerning the math equation: Monk+Nun=Yilin

OR Peach Tree Fairies stuff...

I got ahead of the series by the preview, today's episodes should explain it much more clearly than I can... The little girl is Yilin, which she hid in barrel, and went back to look for her. That good luck charm she gave her was dropped by Yilin at the end of Ep. 11, but found by her near Qu Yang/Lui's graves..... Perhaps in Ep 12-13, they'll re-unite...

that person is NOT Du Gu Qui Bai... DGQB died even before the Condor Heroes Trilogy... The person who saved her is a Devil's Sect Elder...
    Hmm, interesting. I read somewhere that in this version, little DFBB did meet Du Gu...

There is even a name listed in the cast list of an actor playing as Du Gu.

In this series, I'm glad they didn't mention anything concerning the math equation: Monk+Nun=Yilin

OR Peach Tree Fairies stuff...
    And they totally got rid of Qu Yang granddaughter. Pretty much they took out the filler characters and let DFBB take over their roles. Which works well for the direction of this version.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 02-11-13 at 04:32 AM.

Yeah.. With a crazy monk, mute+crazy granny, and 6 more crazy people, the seriousness of this series would be lost

I currently didn't enjoy this edition.

I don't want to mention the crazy idea that DFBB is original female. I don't want to talk abt Hengshan which all nun has full long hair. I even don't care the love triangle DFBB-LHC-RYY because DFBB is always a minor character of XOJH; no matter how they turned him to, he appears invisible on screen to me.
    I don't want to mention all things above doesn't mean I accept them. Just because we all know and discuss them so much before the drama started airing.

But what I get after follow it until now?
    Why can't I find the spirit of "jian dao" (sword) in this series? Its title called "Swordman" but human rarely uses sword to fight here. All the martial art you see on the screen are just the "effect". Fake and poor, that's all I can describe (In the Yi tian du long ji 2009, they also use effect but it's acceptable).

Why can't I see an inner Yue Bu Qun like he was described in the novel? I mean, he easily got angry (ex: how LHC fooled him to go to the town, how he respond regarding the Qingcheng 4 xiu). He easily exposed himself even at the very first scene he appeared (ex: he injured himself when Ning Zhong Ze released Ying Ying's mother. Remember that Yue Bu Qun appeared to be a perfect husband to his wife - real gentleman (zhen qun zi) who always acted the right thing, ect...).

You all think this Yue Ling Shan lovely? I call her fake. I mean the portrayal of the actress gave me that feeling, sth like: always try to enlarge her eyes, pouting her lips... Yue Ling Shan has never been my fav character but I prefer the one in XOJH 96, very innocent.

And what the hell they made Yilin to kiss LHC on his cheek??? They can bring a so-so actress to become Yilin or dress her like an ordinary girl, I can ignore all... but why they ruined my pure, innocent Yilin to that way
    -------

No offense to anyone else but I don't understand why you call this series to be close to the novel.

Quite like Joe Chan; might watch it next time!

I forgot to add the stupid thing regarding LHC and the bird in ep 3. What do you think? LHC has martial arts to fly like bird? Or am I watching Xian xia (like Chinese Paladin)?

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang View Post
    No offense to anyone else but I don't understand why you call this series to be close to the novel.
    Actually I think the fight scene in this adaptation is not bad. Sure they mix in lots of effects, but at least there were bits of hand-to-hand parts too and also sword battle. LPZ had a very brief hand to hand combat against the bully sect. And LHC had that chair duel against TBG, blade to blade battle. That was actually pretty good...no?

As for why I feel it's close to the novel, because if you take out the YZ add-on, including Yilin kiss, the story itself does follow the novel. Just done in a way for modern audiences. Filter out everything and the events are pretty accurate. I just treat this as a standalone series with a XAJH backdrop.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 02-11-13 at 04:48 AM.

I wonder why in Ep 15, the sword branch attacks LHC using his palms while LHC used a sword instead, should it be the other way around, one used a broom, other used a sword... I like how DFBB made a hole in the guy's chest who pummeled LHC's chest, rather than tearing him up into 4 pieces..
    Last edited by szfong; 02-11-13 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by State of Divinity View Post
    Actually I think the fight scene in this adaptation is not bad. Sure they mix in lots of effects, but at least there were bits of hand-to-hand parts too and also sword battle. LPZ had a very brief hand to hand combat against the bully sect. And LHC had that chair duel against TBG, blade to blade battle. That was actually pretty good...no?

As for why I feel it's close to the novel, because if you take out the YZ add-on, including Yilin kiss, the story itself does follow the novel. Just done in a way for modern audiences. Filter out everything and the events are pretty accurate. I just treat this as a standalone series with a XAJH backdrop.

No it's not accurate because DFBB is now a full woman female and the story plot is just keep twisting and turning like a roller coaster looping upside down all around.

If Jin Yong is praising this series than I think he's not the authentic Jin Yong. Maybe he have been somehow replaced by the ccp.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Something like this......

Last edited by kidd; 02-14-13 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Hide off topic part

Can we stop the political bullshit and stick to the topic? If you want monsters just look under your own bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSourSalt View Post
    No it's not accurate because DFBB is now a full woman female and the story plot is just keep twisting and turning like a roller coaster looping upside down all around.

If Jin Yong is praising this series than I think he's not the authentic Jin Yong. Maybe he have been somehow replaced by the ccp.
    Something like this......

....are you trying to play devil's advocate because I don't know how to reply to that. Just enjoy the show. And if you hate it, well, then don't watch it.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-14-13 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Hide off topic part

Exclamation

In my opinion, as long as JY says of all the re-makes, this one most "accurately" portrays the essence of his novels, then who are we to argue.. Overall I find it re-freshing, because I DO-NOT know what comes next... If it too accurately mirrors the novel, then it wouldn't be as enjoyable....

Perhaps, JY's next "modernized" revision of XAJH will have DFBB as a LHC lover.... haha... Then this re-make will be the most accurate...

By the way, HunanTV wuxia series oftentimes mirror the story's true conclusion w/ that of the last 5-7 seconds of Ending credits... I truly PRAY the conclusion is NOT LHC sitting on the mountainside ALL alone w/ no one by his side...

If Jin Yong is gonna actually say that and is doing all the revision to make this 2012 series be accurate, than it make me think that this Jin Yong is not the authentic Jin Yong and have been replaced by a fake Jin Yong by the ccp
    just like what they are doing in this video here.........

Last edited by kidd; 02-14-13 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Hide off topic part

PLEASE no more CCP conspiracy crap in this thread.... Although SPCNET has alot of leeway concerning freedom of expression, but this is about Xiao Ao Jiang Hu.... Thread hijacking is VERY distasteful... Just start a new thread relating to your concerns about the CCP!!! I don't want those who monitor this thread lose interest because "spam".... OR request moderator action against you.... Your understanding in this matter is appreciated!!

Someone is deliberately misusing forum talk to push his political agenda.