Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Out of pure curiosity, had YZ ever created anything decent? I would like to watch it....

YZ plagiarism is ridiculous...A year ago I thought he was inspired by this, a year later I see now that he pretty much just stole this...Shot for shot, even the colors of the characters...

Except it is done better in this game than by YZ.

Last edited by wuxiarocks; 03-02-13 at 09:36 PM.

I, too, don't mind if the series deviate from the novel since this story has been adapted nearly to death so we all got to see LHC and RYY together for the nth times. What I loved about this series was how interesting DFBB was but the story was like a fanfiction I would have written because I'm a terrible writer and have no imagination and feel this is what this series is like. Blatant plagiarism, inconsistent plot, undeveloped characters, and the oncoming terrible ending. I just don't understand how the director hasn't been sued. If this was made in America, he would have been sued left and right. The only imagination that I can even given him credit for was making DFBB such an interesting character. The love story of LHC and DFBB wasn't new, that has been explored already; so I guess Yu mama only credit was making DFBB a woman all along. This will probably be my last series I will watch directed by him. Frankly I'm too disgusted with the series and with the LHC and RYY. Wallace is a good looking fella but I was never impressed with his acting and he was totally miscast. RYY was written as such a boring character and so one dimensional that I doubt anyone playing her would fare any better than YSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Faythe View Post
    Out of pure curiosity, had YZ ever created anything decent? I would like to watch it....
    I liked Schemes of a Beauty (MeiRenXinJi)
    And that's all I have lol

If anyone has seen "Wang de nv ren" (Schemes of a Beauty) which also stars YSS, one of the worst possible lead actresses, it's basically a complete rip of Mei Gui Jiang Hu, but set in a different era with different names. 80% of the script is EXACTLY the same. What a way to make money off the exact same story and script.

If anyone has seen it you should recognise the scenes in this clip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-1Iwn2Oq0

I think Gong, Mei Ren Tian Xia and Mei Ren Xin Ji are all ok. Not good but, not too bad. Liked the themsongs for all three.
    Last edited by 0-0-0; 03-03-13 at 03:22 AM.

Just saw the, perhaps incomplete, conclusion. It shows DFBB lives and leaves, RYY dies and LHC all alone... The IDEAL conclusion:

Perhaps, there is gonna be more, but it looks like the "BEST" conclusion we can hope for....

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Just saw the, perhaps incomplete, conclusion. It shows DFBB lives and leaves, RYY dies and LHC all alone... The IDEAL conclusion:

Perhaps, there is gonna be more, but it looks like the "BEST" conclusion we can hope for....
    I think it's not complete, because in the bginning it says 大结局前篇, so it means it's the part before the conclusion. But true, I do hope it just ends here with LHC alone, he doesn't deserve any better, and well RYY goes dying meeting her father and mother, kind of a happy end for her, not?!

I just saw this ending too. So RYY is dead and this is the end ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thuchen View Post
    I think it's not complete, because in the bginning it says 大结局前篇, so it means it's the part before the conclusion. But true, I do hope it just ends here with LHC alone, he doesn't deserve any better, and well RYY goes dying meeting her father and mother, kind of a happy end for her, not?!
    I watched up to ep 50 and couldn't watch anymore i just skipped around to the dfbb parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Wait, so DFBB doesn't die? She doesn't have to give up her heart to that lame girl RYY

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    If anyone has seen "Wang de nv ren" (Schemes of a Beauty) which also stars YSS, one of the worst possible lead actresses, it's basically a complete rip of Mei Gui Jiang Hu, but set in a different era with different names. 80% of the script is EXACTLY the same. What a way to make money off the exact same story and script.

If anyone has seen it you should recognise the scenes in this clip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-1Iwn2Oq0
    To his credit, at least he's just copying from himself. Lazy, yes. Though not his most blatant attempts at plagiarism
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    So wait a second... YZ said this would satisfy both RYY and DFBB fans. RYY dying would satisfy RYY fans?! lol.

The only reason why I am looking forward to this is cuz Joe is in it... and i don't understand chinese so i am waiting for the eng sub... hearing from wat everyone said its very not so good awready LOL... Joe can act n hearing from wat people said i am not rele a fan of YSS cuz she is jus a pretty face but she cant rele act n if she is the cause of Wallace stabbing joe I'd hate her even more. YSS doesnt even look like a RYY material or its like she is playing her own character n not RYY YZ shud jus rename her character LOL n i heard dat YSS is YZ's fav girl so if she is his fav girl y is he gonna give her crappy script??? that jus doesnt make sense.. in dis series totally i think i would love DFBB alot n i am jus watching it cuz of DFBB not cuz of RYY or LHC

Quote Originally Posted by jin59 View Post
    So wait a second... YZ said this would satisfy both RYY and DFBB fans. RYY dying would satisfy RYY fans?! lol.
    I think he does have a point here. I'm a fan of LHC and RYY in the novel, and having this RYY perish satisfies me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by IcySnow View Post
    I think he does have a point here. I'm a fan of LHC and RYY in the novel, and having this RYY perish satisfies me lol.
    Lmao.. I think I'm going to watch this ep after all XD

I'm ok with DFBB not ending up with LHC in the end. After all, she does have to pay for her sins. But I don't want her to be the only one paying for it. RYY & LHC should pay for their sins as well.

I think HunanTV is milking it for ALL its worth by even stretching the series conclusion by another day.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are several lawsuits going after the production studios for this blatant copyright of other people's "original" works, not including JY's, of course.

Even TianBoGuan in the clown outfit was stolen from the Richie Ren/AnitaYuen version...

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    I think HunanTV is milking it for ALL its worth by even stretching the series conclusion by another day.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are several lawsuits going after the production studios for this blatant copyright of other people's "original" works, not including JY's, of course.

Even TianBoGuan in the clown outfit was stolen from the Richie Ren/AnitaYuen version...
    I think every production company should go after him at the same time from all directions. That might put YZ out of it for awhile, if anything it may not put him out of business but it may end up saving ROCH, and various potential future wuxia adaptations...

The man is a hack and he needs to go.

In this series, the only good person, who is a non-hypocritic, is DFBB. And she has an unfortunate ending.. A real bummer. I wonder if LHC will find out the REAL reason why the monk gave him the Tendon Altering Sutra, to prevent energy reverals/eventual death, which even his own father-in-law refuses to teach him.... It was the deal DFBB made w/ the monks, to trade her life and/or her freedom. In the original series/novels, this was the paramount reason why LHC loves & respects RYY with ALL his heart and loves her so much. The reasoning behind why LHC choose RYY over DFBB is so hypocritical & ridiculous in this re-make. Just to learn music? This is totally not the LHC's character we come to love and respect. He would NEVER hurt the one who treats him the BEST.

LCH said to DFBB, I can kill you second time. Now this LCH is just blatantly stupid. He thinks he can kill DFBB LOL. I think DFBB can even kill him in a blink of an eye.