Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Quote Originally Posted by Faythe View Post
    This makes me very hesitant in watching the 'Female Prime Minister'.

Anyone think YZ is going to be stupid enough to cast YSS in ROTCH?
    YSS is managed and pimped by YZ's "company". So, she is low cost/cheap & low maintenance... Preliminiary indications are she may get Gou Fu's role. Since China is constantly wooing Taiwan, XLN probably will go to a Taiwanese actress...

Oh God, let's hope SHE STAYS FAR AWAY FROM THAT production

It's bad enough YZ/YSS ruined my favorite Wuxia novel, they're on the verge of ruining another one of my favorites! Someone should stop them!

FFS, there's rumors saying that YZ or Jin Lun Fa Wang or the divine condor into females. WHY? WHAT? WHY?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyz View Post
    Oh God, let's hope SHE STAYS FAR AWAY FROM THAT production

It's bad enough YZ/YSS ruined my favorite Wuxia novel, they're on the verge of ruining another one of my favorites! Someone should stop them!

FFS, there's rumors saying that YZ or Jin Lun Fa Wang or the divine condor into females. WHY? WHAT? WHY?!
    After watching XAJH 2013, alot are speculation and jokes, but he assured JY fans YG WILL not have "intimate relationship" w/ an animal.

But he does say he will "modernize" it and YG & XLN will be more promiscuous... It still in early draft, so online communities will impact his thinking and of course he will borrow ALOT/STEAL alot of stuff from previous adaptations and make his adaptation using/basing it on idols...

Can this guy ever think on his own? Does he has to copy everything? I cannot believe that he even has the gall to make fun of old wuxia fighting scenes. They are 100 timez better than his cheap video games scenes.

I can already see the horror of ROTCH.

Is there ever a vote for worst drama in history? Because I really like to vote. He's going to get his karma one day.

All I can say is that this is one of the worst adaptation of a famous novel. The best so far is the TVB version. DFBB is totally out of character !!! Being a woman in love instead of the most formidable villian of all time is the silliest thing & the biggest mistake ever !!! They don't have to make her the leading female by giving her more screentime than necessary just b'cos the role is given to a famous Taiwanest actress!!! Her acting sucks as a villian !!! The expression in her eyes is just NOT IT !! She should stick to the romance drama heroine instead!!!!

It seems those who has never read the novel or seen other adaptations prior to this actually like this series...It's kinda sad, in order to defend this version they insult the haters of this as being incapable of accepting changes. Apparently the novel nor other adaptations matter to them because now they're stuck in the mindset that this is XAJH, when in fact it isn't...

If this is consider a masterpiece by next generation audiences, then I truly feel sorry for them.

They've been fed a mutilated version of XAJH, and they want MORE? Thanks a lot YZ.

Finally, this abomination has ended! In the end, LHC/RYY lives happily ever after and DFBB becomes a zombie that lives in a frozen lake...b/c apparently to YZ, DFBB can still open her eyes and smile even having had her heart taken out. Hmmm maybe this should be called Supernatural instead of Swordsman.

That is truly sad. I have no problems with change as long as the changes & the actings are up to par. However, this drama is about as low in quality as there possibly is. If YZ wants LHC & RYY end up together, atleast make it look like LHC has some sort of attraction towards her first. He's lukewarm with RYY at most. He barely looked at her. As for RYY, atleast make her look more useful. She's so useless. I guess this generation just want to look for something fluffy & nothing else. Quality doesn't matter.

Don't worry about YZ butchering Female Prime Minister cuz he wasn't the scriptwriter! THANKS GOODNESS! The writer was a college professor in Chinese literature. Another good bit of news is YZ only co-produced (jointly produced with Gao Xi Xi, director of Three Kingdoms) Female Prime Minister and he was mainly responsible for the art direction, I think.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 03-05-13 at 01:15 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

RYY in '96 version was so awesom. She was smart, resourceful, loyal & loving, but never deceitful or clingy.

Also in this version, you can clearly tell that LHC slowly & truly fell in love with RYY. There was such a hugh difference in LHC's attitude towards RYY in both versions. In YZ's version, LHC looked & acted like he wants RYY out of his sight. While in '96 version, LHC was very happy to have RYY beside him to comfort him. See that's how a couple should be like.

RYY in '96 version was so awesom. She was smart, resourceful, loyal & loving, but never deceitful or clingy.

Also in this version, you can clearly tell that LHC slowly & truly fell in love with RYY. There was such a hugh difference in LHC's attitude towards RYY in both versions. In YZ's version, LHC looked & acted like he wants RYY out of his sight. While in '96 version, LHC was very happy to have RYY beside him to comfort him. See that's how a couple should be like.
    The 96 version was simply amazing. I don't think any of us here can praise it enough.

It's my favorite Wuxia series for a VERY good reason. Definitely one of the most loyal adaptations ever. In this YZ's version, well, it's very angst heavy, for the angst generation.

We're living in some sad times here, sad times...Love triangle dominate and melodrama is king.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 03-05-13 at 03:28 AM.

The love between LHC & RYY is very touching. They went through so much together. What I really like about LHC is that he's never snobby against any class or sector. He treated them as an individual & as a person. Even when he found out RYY's real identity, he didn't turn on her.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/66945_667025633706_803796251_n.jpg')

Amazing that Yu Zheng chose an idol as beautiful as Joe Chen to play a character who is essentially a EUNUCH.

Without any makeup on playing Dongfang Bubai, Joe Chen looks a lot like Lü Jiarong (an actress who Yu Zheng likes to use a hell of a lot) in this series.

Also, the irony of her name being "Joe" is not lost on me.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 03-05-13 at 07:53 AM.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

hello from greece.I have seen the three first episodes in YT with eng. subs and i want to say my opinion(at least i try because i know only few words in english,from the rest i depend in google,so im sorry for the bad grammar).I have try to watch 4 serials until now from Y.Zheng(Rose martial world,gong1+2 and a serial with W.Chung and Shu Chang(sorry,dont remember the title)and cant make it over the first or second episode.Because with the exception of "rose"everything else it was lame(unfortunately only four episodes from"rose"have eng.subs).YZ must be the most boring director of chinese tv.But i trying watch "swordsman"because i like W.Huo in his other works,and wuxia and mythology serials of Chinese tv is my favorite tv(together with the serials from BBC)and most of all i love the work of Jin Yong(even those few i have seen in comics and serials/movies and from two books i have bying in eng and greek).So i decide to give a try in"swordsman" and the 1st eps it was surprisingly good.It has good pace,interesting characters and all the politics and ethics i like in JY.As for YSS i dont know as RYY but in the role of her mother i found her decent.I dont knowing Joe Chen but she was really good.So everything it was good until the first half of eps2.Unfortunately from after this point the serial became awfull.What start as interesting wuxia serial became a lame comedy after the middle of eps2,when appear LHC.And in the entire eps3 YZ remembered the bad director who used to be in the others serials.The pace of the third eps became draggy as usual.To watch to the end it was really tiresome.If i have this feeling in the eps3 i cant imagine how bad is the rest especially after all i have read in the other posts of the thread.YZ In three episodes only,destroy everything good has the serial at the start.What an awesome director.

I forgot to mention how stupid was the story in some scenes.A good example is the scene with yu niang.I unterstand if she dont want to kill the guy.But the girl kill her self for a moron who try to stab her with a knife.And she start to say a lot of crap in DFBB like"do you know what is a true love,etc".And all this for someone who trying to kill her few seconds before.I guess YZ wand to give a hint for the future of DFBB.But to comit suicide for someone who has trying to kill you a second before is ridiculous.

Because of the popularity of this series, and the vast amount of publicity, both good and bad, and MONEY made, they are talking about a sequel to "Swordman" ALREADY!!

The actors and actresses will probably change,I suppose, but I guess someone will eventually fish DFBB out of the frozen lake...

Oh god. Please don't give him any ideas. YSS as XLN. *dies*

Actually...to think of it, it would be hilarious. Except I would feel bad for YSS.
    Last edited by urbanblue; 03-05-13 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Because of the popularity of this series, and the vast amount of publicity, both good and bad, and MONEY made, they are talking about a sequel to "Swordman" ALREADY!!

The actors and actresses will probably change,I suppose, but I guess someone will eventually fish DFBB out of the frozen lake...
    Are you serious? A sequel? To an adaptation? Of a novel without sequel? WHAT? Am I hearing right? Please no. This is TERRIBLE news if true. They better not go with this idea...

Quote Originally Posted by urbanblue View Post

Actually...to think of it, it would be hilarious. Except I would feel bad for YSS.
    She'll be infamous for destroying all JY heroines. Fann Wong had a bit of a reputation for being a mediocre lead actress in JY adaptions but YSS is infinitely worse!

Quote Originally Posted by urbanblue View Post

The amount of shade that will be thrown at her if this ever happens LMFAO!!!