Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2 View Post
    I agree that this drama makes RYY a bit annoying but no way is DFBB prettier than RYY. In fact, before I saw this series, I thought they cast Joe because she does somewhat look like a man in ancient drag. So I was really surprised when they made her a woman because if they wanted real competition with RYY there were so many better actresses to cast. Don't really know what YZ was thinking.

Either way, this series is so bad. Even Wallace wasn't able to save it for me. Now I'm really hesitant to watch anything with his name attached to it.
    really? i prefer joe over yss. yss has pretty features but i think it's her nose it just seems so out of proportion o_0

Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2 View Post
    I agree that this drama makes RYY a bit annoying but no way is DFBB prettier than RYY. In fact, before I saw this series, I thought they cast Joe because she does somewhat look like a man in ancient drag. So I was really surprised when they made her a woman because if they wanted real competition with RYY there were so many better actresses to cast. Don't really know what YZ was thinking.

Either way, this series is so bad. Even Wallace wasn't able to save it for me. Now I'm really hesitant to watch anything with his name attached to it.
    well uh no Joe is better than YSS in acting and beauty and uh NO joe doesn't look like a man YSS can never act in Joe's role anyways all she can ever do is be a pretty face but too bad she ain't Joe's match cuz Joe is out of her league she way above YSS.

Joe Chen = the hottest eunuch ever.

(someone had to say it)
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Oh sure Jin Yong bans TVB from ruining any more of his novels (rightfully so after HSDS, Flying Fox, and Crimson Sabre), but he allows this travesty to happen? RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE E. No offense to people who like the series, we have our tastes.
    Liu Bang (I hope this is not forgery)

i heard that Hubei TV finished airing Swordsman.... and they created a new ending? and our beloved DFBB not die?? what do you guys think.... is it the better ending?
    have anyone see it? i don't have enough time to find and watch it yet

I believe Hubei TV wants to re-hire Wallace & Joe to re-create the Swordsman ending in a fashion that "more" appease the fans and garner some publicity. It would be nice if they can also re-fill some of the story gaps as well. But I guess the attempt may have fallen thru, because of $$$...

So, they are using cut and paste operations to re-create a more suitable ending, without spending much money They will also allow the voting of the outcome by viewers/fans....

They will also be showing some scenes which were cut from the HunanTV & streaming editions. I believe it still has not aired or finished airing.
    Last edited by szfong; 04-16-13 at 04:38 PM.

I think most Jin Yong purists are upset about the overall series -- not just the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceKrillo View Post
    Joe Chen = the hottest eunuch ever.

(someone had to say it)
    It's weird. When I frst saw Joe Chen picture (not the one with her in DFBB's custom), I thought that she has the right look to play Ren Ying Ying.

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    I believe Hubei TV wants to re-hire Wallace & Joe to re-create the Swordsman ending in a fashion that "more" appease the fans and garner some publicity. It would be nice if they can also re-fill some of the story gaps as well. But I guess the attempt may have fallen thru, because of $$$...

So, they are using cut and paste operations to re-create a more suitable ending, without spending much money They will also allow the voting of the outcome by viewers/fans....

They will also be showing some scenes which were cut from the HunanTV & streaming editions. I believe it still has not aired or finished airing.
    You are quite right. Only cut and and paste operation are made to have the open ending. RYY died, DFBB flied away and LHC is alone, LOL

So i just finished up to episode 3o in khmer dubbed version. There is still no mention of sun flower manual. So is the person who saved dfbb is a man/woman? So dfbb in this verison is a real woman from beginning, then promises to dress as a man and learns sun flower manual? What age is dfbb when she got saved and taken to sun moon sect?

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    So i just finished up to episode 3o in khmer dubbed version. There is still no mention of sun flower manual. So is the person who saved dfbb is a man/woman? So dfbb in this verison is a real woman from beginning, then promises to dress as a man and learns sun flower manual? What age is dfbb when she got saved and taken to sun moon sect?
    The sun flower manual is mentioned in the beginning few episodes, where RWX tell RYY where it is hidden, and RYY gives it to DFBB after her father was deposed and locked away. To protect her little life and gain DFBB's favor, RYY gives the sunflower manual to DFBB. After the "dressed as male" DFBB have sex w/ a bunch of prostitutes while practicing the manual, she is transforms back into a woman. DFBB was a poor bullied girl and was saved & taught that only by dressing as a man and becoming #1 fighter under the sun and feared by all can she protect herself from being bullied. She is about 16 years old when she was rescued, but there are inconsistencies in her age. She should be a few years up-to many years older than LHC in this adaptation, but LHC addresses her as little brother. So, the sunflower manual causes her to age much slower than others.
    Last edited by szfong; 04-28-13 at 11:19 AM.

so the sunflower manual u have castrate? dfbb just pretend then as cover? but she is a real women, no trans? n whats story with guy that looks like lhc? why does he have make up on etc?

I've just finished watching XAJH2012. I did know the numerous criticism towards this show. The only previous XAJH I'd watched is the TV show 2002 with Xu Qing as Jinjin. I loved this version. BTW Xu Qing is the best Jinjin on TV. She was the reason I was watching XAJH2002.

I have to say XAJH2012 is not that bad. I like the renovated story. I like the writer's audacity of making DFBB a beautiful woman with a complex storyline and an eventful past. I love that story of her being an abandoned young girl, nearly raped by tough guys and rescued by a man who taugh her his kungfu and brought her, disguised as a boy, into the Sun-Moon Sect. I'm passionate about her love with LHC. It's beautiful and dramatic. I love to find the gorgeous Joe Chen Qiao En I didn't know at all. She made this movie. She is the revelation and the inspiration. For me, Joe is DFBB like Xu Qing was Jinjin in the 2002 version. She completely overwhelmed other actors including the lead actor playing LHC. After DFBB fell down the cliff and was supposed dead, the show kind of lost its interest until the episode when she showed up again. I have to say that I was expecting that moment. A character like DFBB can't be killed off that way. She had to have a last scene with LingHu Chong to ask him the only question that count "Have you ever loved me?". LHC is such a coward. He had no courage to tell her yes while he undoubtedly knew that he had feelings for this fantastic woman. Having Joe/DFBB again in the last episodes was my greatest pleasure to keep watching until the end.

I keep in mind the last image of DFBB floating in the cold waters of the iced lake. So beautiful. So romantic. Like the Sleeping Beauty waiting for her Prince Charming. I'm happy that DFBB ended up staying close to her lover because her heart is with him both literally and figuratively.

For who don't like this show because it's so different from the original novel, you guys just watch it like a new story, a brand new wuxia, because it is full of love.

The BIGGEST criticism was that Joe should have been RYY and YSS should have been DFBB

Most of all the important supporting character's scenes & new made up scenes were ALL given to DFBB.

The main point was gratitude evolved into love between LHC & RYY in the novel/other adaptation. But in this version, DFBB was betrayed by LHC even-though she did so much for him and he fell in love with someone he barely knows. He was fierce toward DFBB, just like how Lin Ping Zhi was toward his wife. LHC was suppose to be a REALLY good person who repays other's love, whereas LHC in this adaptation became a hypocrite like his master.

I hope they make a new adaptation soon which fixes the many holes and inconsistencies....

Quote Originally Posted by sonny4T View Post
    For who don't like this show because it's so different from the original novel, you guys just watch it like a new story, a brand new wuxia, because it is full of love.
    Oh I watched it like a brand new Wuxia alright, one with a dumb main character, silly plot holes and inconsistencies. You yourself calling LHC a coward says everything that is wrong with this series.

Yes, it is FULL of love. One sided ones...

Quote Originally Posted by szfong
    I hope they make a new adaptation soon which fixes the many holes and inconsistencies....
    I hope for the same.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 04-30-13 at 07:21 PM.

First of all, I don’t want to compare this XAJH version to the original novel that I love so much. I regard XAJH2012 as a new story. I think Yu Zheng could’ve tittled his version as “A Wuxia love story based on and inspired by Jin Yong’s XAJH”. He could’ve provoked less controversies and negative reactions from the fans.

That said, I agree with many of you guys about the biggest mistake Yu Zheng has done in his version. He didn’t go far enough in developing the LHC-DFBB-RYY love triangle. He wanted to create the love triangle to spice up the story by introducing a remarkable DFBB female character, but he still remained tied up to the original version with this ridiculous ending that satisfied no one. He feared that he would upset RYY’s fans if he did not let LHC and RYY get married, and he upset them anyway. YZ didn’t have the courage to change completely the story when almost everything has been done to make us expect another ending. By doing so, YZ also upsets millions fans who start loving the DFBB character.

I think that YZ didn’t expect people to like DFBB that much. He created a “new” character because female DFBB has nothing to see with the original character. He gave her an interesting storyline. He changed so many situations from the novel to let DFBB and LHC spend times together and fall in love with each other. He thought people would dislike DFBB for her cruelty, for her evilness, and because she is RYY’s rival in LHC’s heart. But he couldn’t foresee a huge important point: Joe Chen’s performances playing DFBB. Joe is the center of XAJH2012. I didn’t know her before watching this TV show. She took the role as a maestro. She made the character likable and she made us believe the HLC-DFBB love.

On the other hand, RYY’s love for LHC seems so forced and implausible. In the novel, RYY-LHC love is the main theme and focus. It is real because they have shared so many unforgettable moments together: their meeting at the cottage in the bamboo forest, their enjoying and playing music together, LHC protecting RYY at the mountain “Five-Tyrant Ridge”, RYY bringing an unconscious LHC to the Shaolin temple and begging the Shaolin master monk to save his life and RYY accepting to stay imprisoned at the temple which is the condition to have LHC saved. That’s how their love was born and that’s why it’s true love.

In the series, RYY just met LHC at the bamboo cottage and then at the Five-Tyrant Ridge. He didn’t even see her face. How could he fall in love with a woman he just respected as an old lady? With DFBB, it was different. They met longtime before LHC met RYY. DFBB saved him a couple of times. Who can forget that memorable night when they were drinking and chatting together in the prairie? When DFBB being disguised as a man played with his blue ribbon like a sword, her hair fell over her shoulders and LHC was stunned by her beauty. We can see the embarrassment on his face because he wasn’t sure if she was a man or that gorgeous woman he had met in the brothel and he had protected from the Qingcheng dudes. Later, DFBB visited him when he was grounded in that cave on the mount Huashan. They shared some romantic time. For me it was the best DFBB-LHC moment. And there, he found she was a woman. His love for her started that moment. Finally it was DFBB, and not RYY, who brought him to the Shaolin temple. It was her to sacrifice herself for him to be saved. There is no comparison with YRR artificial and unnatural love.

That’s why no one can believe LHC-RYY marriage. The last sacrifice DFBB has done, and it makes people much more angry with YZ, is her giving RYY her heart. Everyone is upset because RYY didn’t deserve that. I have to admit the ending is beautifully tragic but I would like so much to see DFBB getting married to LHC.
    Last edited by sonny4T; 05-02-13 at 12:28 PM.

Yea I like it when directors and writers change story but make it reasonable. like how did RYY knew LHC knew the 9 recluse sword art? or why did LHC try to give DFBB disguised as RYY wearing the headgear the medicine he got from the monk when RYY and the monk didn't fight and she didn't get injured like in other adaptions?

But yea i enjoy all the version but still 96 gotta be best overall. Good casting, I love the costumes and even the fake props lol. And best of all the OST are great. especially when LHC fight Fong Pu Ping in forest and the blind the 8 people. scene below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHvFZSLajyc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHvFZSLajyc

The pacing is also good and i love all the supporting actors, the fairies etc.
    I like this version since they combined most versions together but should've explained more. Like LOTCH 08, the change was good imo, give more character development and fleshed out the characters show us how they came to be etc.

It happens I read the following translated from a Chinese Weibo. Not sure it's true but I think it's worth mentioning because maybe this is the real ending we gonna see shortly. I love it.

The ending everyone saw was that Dongfang Bubai saved Ren Ying Ying by swapping hearts with her. The one who carried this action out was The Divine Killing Doctor, Ping Yizhi. Dongfang Bubai asked Ping Yizhi to please bury her in the frozen lake and never to mention about this. Then, we saw Ren Ying Ying become revived again and lived a happy life with Linghu Chong. In the end, we saw that under the lake, Dongfang Bubai opened her eyes and smiled. – The end

Does everyone not understand why Dongfang Bubai who supposedly died, opened her eyes? Here’s an explanation -

Dongfang Bubai did not die in the first place!

So, what was the true ending?

1. Dongfang Bubai didn’t lose her heart, she just swapped it with Ren Ying Ying’s.

2. San Shi Nao Shen Dan (the poison) is Dongfang Bubai’s own creation.

Think about it, this is Dongfang Bubai’s own poison, do you really think she doesn’t know how to cure it? Yes, she did tell Ping Yizhi that there’s no antidote, the only way was to swap the heart. But, can you honestly believe her? She said it on purpose! Of course, doing that was for Linghu Chong, to let the man she truly loves live happily with Ren Ying Ying and forget about her completely. (Our Cult Leader is so noble! This is true love!)

Very obviously, according to Miss Dongfang’s top stage of development, Ren Ying Ying was revived and married Linghu Chong, the two of them lived happily ever after. Dongfang will forever sleep under the water. No, this is what Ping Yizhi thinks, and those viewers who don’t know the truth.

Actually, the antidote for the San Shi Nao Shen Dan Poison is in fact the water from the ice lake. (Or perhaps something else in the pond, whatever it is – Dongfang Bubai knows what it is!) The very last scene when she opened her eyes and smiled means this was all planned by her.

Remember when Dongfang kept asking Ping Yizhi to place her body in the ice pond? Think about it now – Wouldn’t there be another significant meaning?

So what about afterwards? What happens Next?

This is what I think: Dongfang Bubai comes out of the lake, then silently protects and guards her beloved, Linghu Chong. She’d wipe anyone out without even leaving a trace for those who would try and harm him. If Linghu Chong lives happily, then Miss Dongfang will be happy as well.

(Such selfless love, can’t stand this!)

The following Ending is for those who want Dongfang Bubai with Linghu Chong:

One day, Ren Ying Ying suddenly died somehow. Then, Linghu Chong was so very sad beyond imagination. At this point, Dongfang is watching him with heartache, seeing Linghu Chong this sad was as bad as a knife cutting into her. Then, Linghu Chong decided to drown in alcohol. Until one day, Linghu Chong came to the edge of the cliff, thinking about her and is in more pain than ever. He walked closer to the edge and jumped down. At this moment, Dongfang Bubai appeared and pulled him back while hugging him and screaming. Linghu Chong stares at her with a huge, shocked look.

Then, she told him everything.

At the end, Dongfang Bubai and Linghu Chong lived happily ever after.
    Last edited by sonny4T; 05-13-13 at 08:41 AM.

Default OMG FORREALZ?!!!

THEN I HOPE TO SEE IT!!! OMG I HOPE THEY REDO THE ENDING THEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nerine92 View Post
    THEN I HOPE TO SEE IT!!! OMG I HOPE THEY REDO THE ENDING THEN!!!
    Nah, it's just fan fiction on weibo. LHC still with undeserving RYY.
    I ship Shi-Harem