Page 228 of 229 FirstFirst ... 128178218219220221222223224225226227228229 LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 4578

Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovewuxia View Post
    I am looking for this english sub DVD (and Perfect Couple) but cannot find it. Apparently, this drama was shown in a Singapore channel so you may be able to find the DVD in Singapore. If you find it, let me know where I could buy it. :-)

I had the exact opposite problem. I was looking to buy the HD version, but it only seemed to be available on SD DVDs. Ah well, pirating works too:

http://idfl.me/showthread.php?t=46068&page=6

I can't remember where I got the Eng sub that came in a separate RAR file. Maybe it's in the same thread on another page?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Li Mochou View Post
    Chen Qiaoen's DFBB was far more classy and colorful. Her facial expression is much better than Ady An too. As for character, both are high position people but if you pay close attention, DFBB is far more colder to her subordinates as compared to ZM. ZM was really nice to the mute monk and that archer so its different compared to DFBB.

YZ made it more interesting when he gave DFBB more parts to the story. If he had not done so it would be just another usual xiao ao jianghu which most people might not have watched till the end. There is no harm borrowing people's ideas as wuxia plots are somewhat similar in most ways. WHat YZ failed to do was he did not have the guts to go all the way till the end with his changes thus screwing up the story.

I prefer to watch YZ's DFBB than HSDS 09 ZM
    Um, no. To me 1st prettiest Chinese women are Wei (Vicki) Zhao and Michelle Chen. Joe Chen and Idy Chan tied for 2nd prettiest. Ady An isn't even on the top 3 (my list) of pretty Chinese women. BUT...

DFBB only looks good in that red/gold outfit with the hat (YZ version). She doesn't outclass Ady An in her white outfit also with the hat, and the way Zhao Min unfolds her fan standing in the middle of the bridge (HSDS ending song) simply says her highness! Also Joe Chen's charms beats Ady's huge eyed stare in their character roles? No way!

Next, YZ used digital enhancement, such as image brightening so the video only looks colorful to the untrained eyes. ZJY filmed HSDS thru some kind of yellowish-tinted sepia filter much like Hark Tsui's Wong Fei Hung, so the characters don't look as brightly colored...

Quote Originally Posted by Verdiani View Post
    Here's why after all these time I didn't bother watching it after the first few episodes. It's all about the looks! Y'all don't want to know how harshly I judge actor's/actresses looks!

Look, Wallace Huo is handsome! Period!
    But to get beat up on the bum for being naughty...he's too old for that. And he didn't act all that naughty too, he was giving out his serious look too much of the time, so the role did not match him. His Ah Shou character from Shi Lang was TOTALLY SUPERB!!! Although he was a little exaggerated in there, I love that show to death, so unbeatable!!! But he didn't give out the same acting from there to this Swordsman show. Even Steven Ma (before the curly noodle hair came to play) portrayal of a playful LHC at the beginning with his ShiMei is too cool to beat here.
    Besides, Wallace is casting in every single show now and then, it's way too much.

Yan Rong
    I like this girl so much from HuanXiPoPo, that show was also really good too. I was so happy at first to see her playing the cool ShiMei in Swordsman, but turned out to be a total disappointment. I still love that lady who played with Steven Ma more, she's sooo cute!
    Yan Rong's acting here is not convincingly cute, it was as if she's trying too hard or something. That pissed me off bc I knew she can do better. It is the director's idea and fault that made her role here sucks.

DFBB
    I'll be honest that QiaoEn is not pretty (some people won't agree, I'm just saying for the majority). Her eyes are beautiful!!! If you only look her from the parts, like her eyes, nose, and mouth, they are beautiful! But adding them altogether, Nah.....no! But she's CUTE! Casting her as DFBB makes me realize how INNOCENT she looks and she was the biggest miscast here ever. She does not look tricky, evil, mad, powerful, cool, or any DFBB thing related at all. No way. I only see those big innocent eyes!!! With that already being the case, she also play as a DFBB who is soft-hearted, that makes her even more innocent and compassionate. If she can just be Ren yingying, that'll match her more, although I do expect a prettier Ren Yingying.

Yuan ShanShan
    OH BOY! I love Palace even if it was a 99% plagiarism of Boys Over Flowers, I still love it more than Boys over Flowers, especially of all the strong casts. BUT I DROP PALACE II ALL BECAUSE OF HER AND NOW SHE'S ALSO IN SWORDSMAN II AS RYY????? She has that...old and super mature look. Her role as a mother at the beginning matches her a lot, but not as RYY. She's not ugly at all...and actually, she is pretty compared to Qiao En, but she's not charming/cute/likeable...etc. Even Chen Zi Han and Florence Tan are so beautiful, but with them being main casts wouldn't satisfy me much, so with Yuan Shanshan...not a chance.

When the casts already do not meet the standard, needless to bother about the storyline. Thought was going to maybe watch it when there's absolutely nothing out there, now sounds like the storyline is also a disappointment...that's too bad.
    YOu know what, I kinda agree with what you said here.Wallace was one of the reasons that I watched the show. Linghu Chong is my 2nd favourite male wuxia character, and I really like Wallace.But I agree with what you said here, since I don't feel that he was naughty enough as LHC. LHC was supposed to be a carefree and easy going guy, while Wallace looked serious. I also felt that Joe Chen is cute.

Then after how they've changed the characters and storyline, I stopped watching after around episode 19 or 20. Not even Wallace could keep me following the story. Then again, I came back to watch some scenes of Chen Xiao . It's because I like him, but I don't feel satisfied with his YG, so I watched him as LPZ. He's good, and also Han Dong. Chen Xiao and Han Dong are the good things that I can remember about this show.

Banned

^ Me too. I only stuck to Swordsman to the very end b/c it's a Jin Yong work. I am noticing a trend. Swordsman had me hooked the very first few episodes but I became bored of it half way. HSDS '09 was s-o-o boring at the beginning until young Wuji discovered that secluded place. After that I couldn't stop watching, even staying up late...

Why would U tell me to not feel offended when U stated "Joe is not that pretty" course that offends me Cuz yss ain't pretty either way especially with her good role but she always have the mug look (even in hwe palace series which her actong sucks that's why majority of the ppl complain bout her). Talking bout me U need to stop being bias. U don't like it then don't watch it it's that simple. Don't be telling ppl not to feel offended when U know UR offending ppl. Ppl these days Geez... Acting like they R prettier than these actors and actresses...

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    ^ Me too. I only stuck to Swordsman to the very end b/c it's a Jin Yong work. I am noticing a trend. Swordsman had me hooked the very first few episodes but I became bored of it half way. HSDS '09 was s-o-o boring at the beginning until young Wuji discovered that secluded place. After that I couldn't stop watching, even staying up late...
    In my case, with the drastical change of characters, I don't consider Swordswman as Jin Yong's work anymore . Changing storyline is fine, as long as the essence is still intact, while changing characters is a 'No' for me. Perhaps I'd feel differently if XAJH was not one of my favourite wuxia story. So I'm eagerly waiting for the next adaptation .

I watched HSDS by jumping to the scene when Wuji had growned up . Yeah, I also like HSDS 09..although I still consider the 86 as the best. It also has some boring parts, but it's due to the story-telling method, while in Swordsman, it's because of the change of characters and plot.

Decided to give this a chance because of all the hype around this new version of DFBB.

Currently at Ep 21.. Am I the only one that prefers RYY with LHC? The scenes where RYY's music brought comfort to LHC was so sweet, and I could really feel their connection even though separated through a veil. When RYY was wandering around behind LHC and DFBB appeared to take her place, that kinda irked me. Up until now, DFBB's scenes with LHC have been pretty meh (to me) - no deep connection, just running around doing stuff.

Have heard that a lot of RYY's original scenes were given to DFBB, that makes me hesitate in continuing to watch... am trying to keep an open mind about this DFBB but so far it is falling pretty flat for me. The Yilin-sister thing just seemed so shoehorned in. It also begs the question of just how old DFBB is - she must be at least 10 years older than LHC? Is it ever mentioned in the series?

Quote Originally Posted by xuelian View Post
    Decided to give this a chance because of all the hype around this new version of DFBB.

Currently at Ep 21.. Am I the only one that prefers RYY with LHC? The scenes where RYY's music brought comfort to LHC was so sweet, and I could really feel their connection even though separated through a veil. When RYY was wandering around behind LHC and DFBB appeared to take her place, that kinda irked me. Up until now, DFBB's scenes with LHC have been pretty meh (to me) - no deep connection, just running around doing stuff.

Have heard that a lot of RYY's original scenes were given to DFBB, that makes me hesitate in continuing to watch... am trying to keep an open mind about this DFBB but so far it is falling pretty flat for me. The Yilin-sister thing just seemed so shoehorned in. It also begs the question of just how old DFBB is - she must be at least 10 years older than LHC? Is it ever mentioned in the series?
    Hi there
    The real story :
    - LHC was easy going, charming, smart, open and friendly. Even in his sufferings, he was still joking and smiling to people. He also could befriended with anyone, no mater from what clan the person was. When people from the Sun-Moon clan knew that RYY fell in love with him, they were eager to know what kind of person he was, and grew to respect him a lot after knowing.
    - RYY was very respected in her clan, whom erybody respected as well as being loved and feared. She had most of DFBB's Swordsman personality : cold, ruthless, strategic, but shy and devoted to LHC. She quitely helped and protected LHC , but too shy to admit it in front of people *who could already guess by themselves anyway*.
    - DFBB was supposedly as old as (older than??) LHC's master. After he was turned into a 'she-male', he had a lover to whom he was devoted to and gave all of the clan's matters. This lover was also the cause of his defeat when he fought LHC,RYY, RWX, and XWT, because RYY used him as bait to defeat DFBB.

My friend once asked me, whether she would like Swordsman if she never read the novel nor knew the real story. My answer was : maybe yes, maybe not . The changes in Swordman had turned LHC, RYY and DFBB into different characters, some are annoying, plus the storyline had changed. So, yeah it depends on your taste .

Banned

One of the reasons I like this one over previous adaptations was that DFBB is a biological female. I could never watch an adaptation where he's a guy with his assets cut off. It's just plain gross.

So, DFBB being a woman, they had to add in a lot of stuff, reshuffle things to make it work. But you won't be disappointed with the ending. There are a lot of scenes where LHC showed true affection for RYY in between. I actually felt sorry for RYY for the things DFBB did to her. Plus, the ending final scene with RYY and LHC together is one of the very best and most beautifully CGIed I have ever seen in a wuxia series.

The sort of way to think of YZ's DFBB is a sort of Tinkerbell who is infatuated with Peter Pan but could never have him...
    Last edited by hirobo2; 04-20-15 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    One of the reasons I like this one over previous adaptations was that DFBB is a biological female. I could never watch an adaptation where he's a guy with his assets cut off. It's just plain gross.

So, DFBB being a woman, they had to add in a lot of stuff, reshuffle things to make it work. But you won't be disappointed with the ending. There are a lot of scenes where LHC showed true affection for RYY in between. I actually felt sorry for RYY for the things DFBB did to her. Plus, the ending final scene with RYY and LHC together is one of the very best and most beautifully CGIed I have ever seen in a wuxia series.

The sort of way to think of YZ's DFBB is a sort of Tinkerbell who is infatuated with Peter Pan but could never have him...
    Yea but there are other guys in this series with their junk cut off... LPZ, YBQ

Thanks, guess I'll continue watching. Helps that Wallace Huo is very easy on the eyes as LHC, hehe. Hope to see more RYY scenes... really didn't like DFBB posing as the granny, and not correcting LHC when he thought she was granny. Reminds me of the Little Mermaid where Ursula pretends to be Ariel. LHC is so daft, can't he tell from the voice? -.-

Yea but there are other guys in this series with their junk cut off... LPZ, YBQ
    Lol..yeahh..That's the interesting part of the story : how men would sacrifice anything for great power.
    LHC is so daft, he tell from the voice? -.-
    Perhaps that is one of the inconsistencies in YZ's changes? . He forgot that the two women had different voice. LHC had stayed for many days in granny's hut, talking and chatting to her.LHC is supposed to be smart and quite experienced, so he should remember her voice.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    Lol..yeahh..That's the interesting part of the story : how men would sacrifice anything for great power.
    Not "men". Politician. Different species.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Not "men". Politician. Different species.
    Okay : Politician *correction Done

I don't want to go through 228 pages of discussion on this thread, so I apologize if this was already asked and answered by someone else on this thread.

I am confused by the Dongfang Bu Bai character in this particular adaptation. My understanding about the Sunflower manual and Bixie Jianfa is that the prerequisite is self castration. But DFBB in this adaptation seems to be born female. In flash backs they even showed her as the elder sister of Yilin. I know the novel says that DFBB was born man. But in this adaptation, was DFBB born female? If so, how was she able to master the Sunflower manual?

Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    I don't want to go through 228 pages of discussion on this thread, so I apologize if this was already asked and answered by someone else on this thread. I am confused by the Dongfang Bu Bai character in this particular adaptation. My understanding about the Sunflower manual and Bixie Jianfa is that the prerequisite is self castration. But DFBB in this adaptation seems to be born female. In flash backs they even showed her as the elder sister of Yilin. I know the novel says that DFBB was born man. But in this adaptation, was DFBB born female? If so, how was she able to master the Sunflower manual?
    No nutsacks , so there is no yang energy overload.

Quote Originally Posted by krabs View Post
    No nutsacks , so there is no yang energy overload.
    Thanks for the eloquent explanation.

Chen Xiao as Lin Pingzhi was brilliant. So was Joe Chen as Dongfang Bubai. Also liked the actress that played Yue Lingshan.

Thats mostly ur opinion bcz tbh wallace doesn't seem old at all considering is age he has an excessive youth just bcz his age is old it doesnt apply to his youth. DO are u freaking serious? Chen xiao is way more fit to be lin pingzhi as a junior bro and his acting-personalities is most likely like lin pingzhi and his the one whose usually a serious-looking bastard. On the other hand wallace was the perfect actor for linghu chong regarding his major success in taking the role of a sincerely heroic, humbely kind, and a righteous smiling swordsman who could stay calm even during a critical situation involving life and death. Wallace absolutely represent linghu chong in novel and the series. I say swordsman(2013) is the best. And i can hardly imagine chen xiao fitting to be linghu cheng especially not with his habit of looking at people like he wants to kill them. Linghu chong is the best swordsman ever along with his nine swords of dugu.

pls help me out with this background flute music pls. From this Episode starting at 17:53. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW1r29dBupA

They used it a lot throughout the whole series.

I am torn between want to like it and also hate it at the same time.

I love Wallace and I think his acting quite good but of course it can be improved. But at the same time I hate what YZ did for this series. Sometimes I feel that YZ sacrificed LHC and RYY for DFBB. Make LHC and RYY like fool. I feel sorry for Wallace and Yuan Shan Shan (especially YSS because she is his artist and was supposed to be female lead). And what makes it more hurtful was I am not Joe fans because of her Weibo post. I don't like someone who post personal matters in public (not saying I believe WH one night stand with Viann) especially if it was ambiguous post and change her mind after that. I am sorry if there's any Joe fans

But objectively, Joe performance as DFBB are amazing. Her eyes are expressive.

Anyway, I believe Wallace learn his lesson not to play for YZ again because he refused to join Gong movie (if YZ truly offered the role for WH)