Page 229 of 229 FirstFirst ... 129179219220221222223224225226227228229
Results 4,561 to 4,578 of 4578

Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Don't forget LHC's little martial sister's castrated husband lives downstairs in their private dungeon in addition to LHC's former lover now swimming in the backward lake. A disabled eunuch-enemy, a half alive spirit-DFBB, 4 playful ghosts-playfellows, and LHC & RYY ALL living together.... which made me a bit sick after watching the final episode....
    lol I didn't think about that, but now to think of it, its true....

Quote Originally Posted by se_lang View Post
    In this series, I felt the best parts were when DFBB & LYC were together.

What was missing/inconsistent was that :
    - LHC didn't find out DFBB was ambushed by his master YBQ
    - LHC didn't find out that DFBB was willingly being imprisoned at Shaolin to cure him
    - LHC cried when DFBB fell into the cliff but somehow he seemed to hate her in the end

For me, the LHC & RYY romance just didn't have the same chemistry as the one between LHC & DFBB.
    You always got the feeling LHC liked DFBB more.

I really hated the CGI effects..so over-done.
    Did LHC find out about the ambush at the end or realize all her sacrifices? I didn't finish this series and kind of skip around a lot...
    I was pretty confuse with this series because in the beginning it look like dfbb and lhc been through a lot together and she was always there for him. It didn't look like ryy play any important role in this series but all of a sudden he love her and marries her and thinks dfbb is evil.
    In the 1996 version, lhc and ryy had better chemistry. In that version, I think he was aware of her sacrifices as well.

Default Patricia

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    wow, yu zheng is actually aiming for a good looking male cast. i hope that doesn't mean that the female lead will be played by a not so attractive or noncharismatic female lead (joe chen or yss). i know this is almost impossible to fulfill but i hope to see ym as ryy.

Joe chen looks attractive! whats the problem with you? When i first saw swordsman music video, I think shes attractive and really suits the role, and the clothes are awesome on her! I guess that you're just blind. Who cares about your thoughts!

Well Wallace is also from taiwan taipei and you didnt freaking complain. Isnt Taiwanese, Chinese also? Taiwanese-manderin. Joe chen looks soo attractive and sexy in series tho. The clothes really suits her. I was not a fan of her, but I say, shes good in it.

Banned

Never again. This was the only YZ show I watched in its entirety. I mostly skipped out on ROCH '14. I've always hated how in all YZ productions, the actors/actresses look so plastic b/c their skin tones had been photoshopped. It don't look right to me.

The one thing I did like was DFBB is a biological female. I hope they keep this change in future adaptations, or at least get a female to play this role. I'd have a rather hard time watching XAJH if DFBB was played by a man...

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    The one thing I did like was DFBB is a biological female. I hope they keep this change in future adaptations, or at least get a female to play this role. I'd have a rather hard time watching XAJH if DFBB was played by a man...
    I rather they stick to the spirit of the original story. DFBB being a male isn't strange at all, because he was suppose to be a male to begin with. And he wasn't in love with LHC either. Nor does he have a big role. The purpose of his character was to be a morality symbol, 'power destroy you'.

XAJH isn't a love story, nor was it ever intended to be. It was a political allegory about the power struggle between world leaders. The hypocrisy of so-called good men who thirst for power. They're willing to sacrifice their pride, even if it means turning into the creature (DFBB) they despise

I'm fine with changes, but changes should be done in service of the story. The changes in Swordsman wasn't done to serve the story, it was done to alter it. Why not make a new story entirely?

Also if you take out female DFBB, you'll still have a female main character like her, she's called RYY. The original RYY. YZ took RYY and change her name to DFBB. And got rid of the real RYY and DFBB.

I did not enjoyed Swordsman, but even if I did, I wouldn't want the next adaptation to copy this. Because they can be more creative and original.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 05-29-16 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    I rather they stick to the spirit of the original story. DFBB being a male isn't strange at all, because he was suppose to be a male to begin with. And he wasn't in love with LHC either. Nor does he have a big role. The purpose of his character was to be a morality symbol, 'power destroy you'.

XAJH isn't a love story, nor was it ever intended to be. It was a political allegory about the power struggle between world leaders. The hypocrisy of so-called good men who thirst for power. They're willing to sacrifice their pride, even if it means turning into the creature (DFBB) they despise

I'm fine with changes, but changes should be done in service of the story. The changes in Swordsman wasn't done to serve the story, it was done to alter it. Why not make a new story entirely?

Also if you take out female DFBB, you'll still have a female main character like her, she's called RYY. The original RYY. YZ took RYY and change her name to DFBB. And got rid of the real RYY and DFBB.

I did not enjoyed Swordsman, but even if I did, I wouldn't want the next adaptation to copy this. Because they can be more creative and original.

Agreed. I prefer they make new story rather than alter the original spirit. I feel sorry for Yuan Shan Shan RYY that her lime light was stolen for Joe Chen DFBB. Feel sorry for Wallace Huo LHC too. He was supposed to be carefree but Yu Zheng make the story as triangle romance.

And what make it hurt the most is that Yu Zheng claim the story will follow the original, deny triangle love story between RYY, LHC, and DFBB. And after all of that, Yu Zheng don't have guts to make LHC together with DFBB. Really Yu Zheng, you have to lie so much and don't have guts to follow it until the end ?????!

I've just finished Swordsman 2013, and it's been better than I was expected. It’s been more than 3 years after its aired but I didn’t have the time for some stories remake. Now I regret it! It wasn’t a simple remake and it has something special.

To sort my thought, I divide it into four part:
    Screen writer, director and other staff: let’s get to the point. If you think by changing some novel’s characters, a TV show can be better and more mature, then so be it. It’s no big deal at all. There is a BIG BUT tough. You must have a good understanding about the goals and the ideals of the novel. If you’re gonna win the hypocrites over righteous people, don’t relate it to the novel. Just tell your story. The name of a righteous man is not necessarily LHC. It can be LPZ.
    The series chaotic situation was not because of a new powerful character with the special charisma. It was obvious that some novel’s beliefs never understood by staff or at least ignored.

RYY: For example, is RYY role must be played even where there is no place for it? DFBB of the series is the RYY of the novel. Who else are you looking for?
    You give all the RYY character’s Personality to DFBB. It’s ok and you must go with it. Why bring a weak RYY halfway of the Story? To being loyal to the novel? Really? Even if it was true, which is more important, just a character (RYY) or the spirit of the novel?

LHC: WTF?
    What is LHC’s personality according to novel? Carefree, honest, passionate, loyal, forgivable and ….
    I think even in the first half of the series, LHC has less than 60% of the personality! The second part was a total joke and Frustrating. LHC and DFBB grow MATURE although he and YLS grow together. They fought and drink together and don’t forget the sacrifices (most of the time was DFBB). DFBB never claim righteousness nor appeared like one! She simply love LHC and never ask anything but his love. Sadly LHC understanding and behavior was strange all the time (if we say it wasn’t hypocrisy). Was LHC really fall in love with DFBB? It seems he was but I think the problem was deeper and two things get it worse:
    1- Finding out Dong xiong di’s real identity as DFBB.
    2- Taking a lot of pressure from RYY and his shifu against DFBB and afraid of jiang hu’s judgment.
    We can assume LHC’s carefree nature reach it limits and can’t handle the almighty DFBB friendship! Especially with his surprisingly stupidity. He can fight, injure and kill others, like Qingcheng party disciples, and when the same party attack to kill DFBB she shouldn’t kill them. It’s awful but let’s accept it.
    Wait a minute! Do we speaking of a mere friendship or a Love full of sacrifices and bittersweetness?
    We all know LOVE conquer all. DFBB never betray the one thing she and LHC have in common. In the other side, LHC put a sword in her without any hesitation! What was really happen to the story’s protagonist?
    I think misinterpreting of LHC’s personality cause this mess. If you’re gonna force RYY to the story, it’s your choice, but why is that cost such a big price? It literally destroy LHC’s personality and the chemistry with DFBB growing beautifully through 20 episode!

DFBB: you try your best in the paths you were.
    When it was about survival and power ambitions, you eventually became the number 1 of the world.
    The new challenge was love and when everybody was lost in it, you outshined them all. Love isn’t just some kissing and hugging, it’s a path full of bittersweetness and sacrificing. You love the one you find the best, but he couldn’t reach your level. You sacrifice anything you had, power, reputation, Love, Life and heart, then what do you get in return?
    In Persian literature love has some levels and the highest level is “annihilation” or in other word “lover became lost in beloved, both literally and figuratively”. Like this poet about butterflies and a candle: http://persian.packhum.org/persian/m...2030%26ct%3D65
    All three butterflies were lovers but which is became the one and only?

Dongfang bubai... Dongfang bubai. It seems this poetry describe your love well!

Till you grant my wish, I won't give up my demand
    I will reach the Soul of Souls, or be buried in this land.
    When I am dead and buried, open my grave and see
    Smoke rising from my corps, by my inner fire fanned.
    Show Thy face to the people, awe-struck and radiant
    Man and woman will cry out, at Thy smallest command.
    I am tired of this life, jealousy eats away my heart
    without a kiss from your lips, I end my worldly errand.
    In search of those sweet lips, I have spent my whole life
    Desires of the deprived, those lips will reprimand.
    http://www.hafizonlove.com/divan/05/233.htm
    Last edited by mahdy; 07-03-16 at 04:38 PM.

Many great actors but really this series is poorly directed. The interpretation is not good.

Legend Of Condor Heroes 2017 and Romance of Condor Heroes 2014 and Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils are way better directed Jin Yong series! If they remake this sometime in the next 5-10 years or sooner, then I hope they go the style like those, instead.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-22-17 at 04:09 AM.

It's was the first jinyong adaptation by yu zheng , he lacks the experience with swordplay combat. That's why he tried to cover it with CGI.
    ROCH was his second wuxia theme drama and much improved on this.

Quote Originally Posted by krabs View Post
    It's was the first jinyong adaptation by yu zheng , he lacks the experience with swordplay combat. That's why he tried to cover it with CGI.
    ROCH was his second wuxia theme drama and much improved on this.
    Creative director and actual directors are not the same.

I wrote comparison review of all 7 TV series adaptations of "Xiao Ao Jiang Hu" including this Swordsman 2013 series, in case anyone is interested.

Part 1: http://yanie02.livejournal.com/351285.html
    Part 2: http://yanie02.livejournal.com/351654.html

I wrote this as soon as I finished "Swordsman 2013" 2-3 years ago, but only had the time to gather all pictures of the various cast now.

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    I wrote comparison review of all 7 TV series adaptations of "Xiao Ao Jiang Hu" including this Swordsman 2013 series, in case anyone is interested.

Part 1: http://yanie02.livejournal.com/351285.html
    Part 2: http://yanie02.livejournal.com/351654.html

I wrote this as soon as I finished "Swordsman 2013" 2-3 years ago, but only had the time to gather all pictures of the various cast now.
    State of Divinity / CTV (Taiwan) / 2000 - The DRAMA version
    Produced by an old lady, Yang Peipei and starring Richie Ren and Anita Yuen, this adaptation probably is the most popular with its negative critics toward Richie Ren. I read negative comments about Richie before I see this and I confirmed with my own eyes that Richie Ren was one horrible Linghu Chong.
    the richie ren version was my first XAJH , i thought it was very good until i saw your comment and realize it , i think it's considered very good if you dont know anything about XAJH (novel, other adaptations, etc)

the news said the newest version of XAJH has finished shooting, looks like it would be released this year rather than 2018? what is your estimation for this new version?
    Last edited by a_tumiwa; 07-29-17 at 12:25 AM.

Richie Ren was also my first XAJH, I was a kid back then too and do not know the novel exist and how famous that is, but I just know he was quite handsome and comedical and I liked all his movies. I didn't find (or know how to yet, or compare it with novel) problem with the drama except the story line was so boring how he was stuck with the nun for a long time so my mom dropped the drama and did not continue to rent it. We called it the drama where the main guy and main girl "never" meets.
    It was quite funny bc we actually thought we were renting ROCH, realized we got the wrong one, the lead actress looked very identical to Anita Yuen.

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/62436b13jw1drgy9soq6qj.jpg')
    Hey why isn't Joe Chen (陈乔恩) in this poster?

Pretty main character to get omitted, AFAIC.

Also, Joe Chen/Dong Fang Bu Bai is really CUTE in a way, right?

Queen Dugu (独孤皇后) when is the trailer coming?

This is Joe Chen here too, I assume.