Page 24 of 229 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Quote Originally Posted by 12blbl View Post
    you're right in the novel she didn't covered her face , but i think it would be more interesting if she covered her face in the series

one of the reasons he thought she was an old lady because there was an old man who called RYY as aunt ,if i'm not mistake
    now that you mention it, I think that's the first reason why he called her "granny".
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

All this talk about SOD and LHC makes me want to read the novel again, and after that, rewatch my favorite SOD adaptation, the 1996 version with Jackie Lui. Has anyone here seen that one?

I don't know the girl that will be playing RYY but I hope she will do a good job. Fiona Leung was RYY in the 1996 version and I didn't think she was all that pretty either but she did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    All this talk about SOD and LHC makes me want to read the novel again, and after that, rewatch my favorite SOD adaptation, the 1996 version with Jackie Lui. Has anyone here seen that one?

I don't know the girl that will be playing RYY but I hope she will do a good job. Fiona Leung was RYY in the 1996 version and I didn't think she was all that pretty either but she did a good job.
    I haven't watched it but I heard that version is most faithful to the novel. This is why I think the less Yu changed the script the better.

Quote Originally Posted by 12blbl View Post
    you're right in the novel she didn't covered her face , but i think it would be more interesting if she covered her face in the series

one of the reasons he thought she was an old lady because there was an old man who called RYY as aunt ,if i'm not mistake
    Yeah thats right.. and technically its right coz the old man's teacher calls RYY's father as 'uncle', which makes him 2 generations younger than RYY's dad, hence RYY is one generation older than him, hence his aunt..

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Yeah thats right.. and technically its right coz the old man's teacher calls RYY's father as 'uncle', which makes him 2 generations younger than RYY's dad, hence RYY is one generation older than him, hence his aunt..
    That's interesting. LHC was the oldest disciple of the Huashan sect and the 2nd disciple was an old man. Many people (including LPZ) thought LHC was also an old man.

Quote Originally Posted by tobemela View Post
    That's interesting. LHC was the oldest disciple of the Huashan sect and the 2nd disciple was an old man. Many people (including LPZ) thought LHC was also an old man.
    Coz the second disciple joined halfway one, not from young like the rest..... Did LPZ thought so? I must have missed that part...

so who play RYY?

Coz the second disciple joined halfway one, not from young like the rest..... Did LPZ thought so? I must have missed that part...
    yup he did...
    click to show/hide spoilers
    i think when they were in a restaurant day before the hand-washing ceremony.

Anyway, that's what's actually fun yet stupid about the characters in this novel. They tend to be too quick in "jumping into conclusions"/"judging the book by its cover" Unfortunately, that's also why I don't like YLS.

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    so who play RYY?
    I think it's YSS *thank goodness I've finally gotten over it that I don't care about any romance between her and LHC in this series
    I just hope YZ doesn't put a very poor kungfu display that's all I'm looking forward to.

Who's going to be directing this again? sorry I must have missed that.
    Last edited by snowflakesdance; 03-08-12 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    yup he did...

Anyway, that's what's actually fun yet stupid about the characters in this novel. They tend to be too quick in "jumping into conclusions"/"judging the book by its cover" Unfortunately, that's also why I don't like YLS.

I think it's YSS *thank goodness I've finally gotten over it that I don't care about any romance between her and LHC in this series
    I just hope YZ doesn't put a very poor kungfu display that's all I'm looking forward to.

Yes, LPZ was in a restaurant and all the Huashan disciples gathered in the restaurant and discussed what happened to LHC during the course of their journey away from Huashan. LPZ thought LHC must be a very old guy because of the 2nd disciple. For the first 3 chapters (except 1 which was mainly focused on LPZ) LHC was introduced through other people's mouths. Jin Yong is such a wonderful author. LHC was vividly introduced without appearing on the scenes. Yu claimed he would shoot those scenes of LHC when other people narrated him.

The director is Hu Yi Juan (see post #210)

PS, how did you set up spoiler?

Yes, LPZ was in a restaurant and all the Huashan disciples gathered in the restaurant and discussed what happened to LHC during the course of their journey away from Huashan. LPZ thought LHC must be a very old guy because of the 2nd disciple. For the first 3 chapters (except 1 which was mainly focused on LPZ) LHC was introduced through other people's mouths. Jin Yong is such a wonderful author. LHC was vividly introduced without appearing on the scenes. Yu claimed he would shoot those scenes of LHC when other people narrated him.

The director is Hu Yi Juan (see post #210)

PS, how did you set up spoiler?
    go advance then click spoiler or put them between [SPOILER][/SPOILER ] (without the space on last tag)

I'm re-reading XAJH right now and I just thought...

Is Han Dong really going to play Tian Boguang?

I don't have anything against Han Dong. In fact, I think he's too hot to be an evil rapist. But more than anything else, he doesn't look simple-minded (or at least easily fooled by LHC )
    Last edited by snowflakesdance; 03-08-12 at 02:36 AM.

yup he did...

Yeah i am more looking forward to the gongfu rather than romance here... Hope the Dugu 9 sword will be good!!

s Han Dong really going to play Tian Boguang? I don't have anything against Han Dong. In fact, I think he's too hot to be an evil rapist. But more than anything else, he doesn't look simple-minded (or at least easily fooled by LHC )
    Yu confirmed him playing TBG. People are saying he is the ambassador for mending the relationship between K papa and Yu mama, lol.

From what I gathered from the novel, LHC was very persuasive. Most people were fooled around by him. Although TBG was a rapist, at least he kept his promise and was a good friend of LHC. Yu said he would try to make TBG's role more humorous. A big challenge for him I guess?

He's one hardworking actor! I love Wallace's fighting scenes with powerful strokes. Me too I'm looking forward to more kungfu (although it's gonna be hard on Wallace).

I swear I'll finish the novel as soon as I can! Otherwise I don't have a clue of the story.

Wallace is practicing for SOD these days. This is a photo of him posted by Huajie Studio today.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/91703b87jw1dqrbnejstmj.jpg')

Yu confirmed him playing TBG. People are saying he is the ambassador for mending the relationship between K papa and Yu mama, lol.

From what I gathered from the novel, LHC was very persuasive. Most people were fooled around by him. Although TBG was a rapist, at least he kept his promise and was a good friend of LHC. Yu said he would try to make TBG's role more humorous. A big challenge for him I guess?
    It's funny that I really love the dialogue between LHC and TBG. TBG is the rapist, but he has good martial art skills, with a simple mind and he is a man. He keeps his words and because of LHC he changed later on. I think TBG is thousand times better than others who called themselves good.

It's ironic that he is the rapist, in the end TBG got his cut off by Yi Ling's dad too...There gone the rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    It's funny that I really love the dialogue between LHC and TBG. TBG is the rapist, but he has good martial art skills, with a simple mind and he is a man. He keeps his words and because of LHC he changed later on. I think TBG is thousand times better than others who called themselves good.

It's ironic that he is the rapist, in the end TBG got his cut off by Yi Ling's dad too...There gone the rapist.
    OMG, OMG, Dong Fang Bu Bai, Yue Bu Qun, Lin Ping Zhi and Tian Bo Guang, WHO ELSE?

OMG, OMG, Dong Fang Bu Bai, Yue Bu Qun, Lin Ping Zhi and Tian Bo Guang, WHO ELSE?
    Not only that Tian Bo Guang got forced to become a monk too go by the name of Buke Bujie or (不可不戒). His martial art skills is not as good compare to Yi Ling's dad so he has no choice but to comply and following him for the rest of his life.

Lao De Nuo the 2rd disciple was actually a spy sent to spy on Yue Bu Qun by Zuo Leng Chan. Lao De Nuo had already learnt some kungfu before became Huashan's disciple. But since he was admitted to school after LHC that's why he was called second not first as they were ranked in order according to the time they were admitted to the sect not according to age. LHC was the first one to enter the Huashan sect when he was little, although I think LHC's age in there is around 25-26 while YLS is 17-18.

go advance then click spoiler or put them between [SPOILER][/SPOILER ] (without the space on last tag)

I'm re-reading XAJH right now and I just thought...

Is Han Dong really going to play Tian Boguang?

I don't have anything against Han Dong. In fact, I think he's too hot to be an evil rapist. But more than anything else, he doesn't look simple-minded (or at least easily fooled by LHC )
    Well it's the actor's responsibility to convince us he can act the role. If he is good he doesn't have to look the part to carry it off.

LPZ's grandpa, though they deduced he must have adopted his dad

Well it's the actor's responsibility to convince us he can act the role. If he is good he doesn't have to look the part to carry it off.
    but since they haven't started yet, we don't have anything to base it on. The only other series I saw him was BBJX, and he's not simple minded in there nor was he that good.

SOD is so good! I can't put it down after I get to the parts with LHC's own feeling rather than him being narrated by other people. I was moved by his love to YLS when he was imprisoned in Huashan. In all my mind I have how Wallace (yes, Wallace!) would refuse to eat, get hurt and fall sick. I have no doubt at all that Wallace will carry that part well.