Page 26 of 229 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    he learns to play the "7 stringed (gu)qin"
    Thanks. I googled and 古琴 actually doesn't have an English name. It's just being called guqin. An amazing music instrument.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/a22eaa36jw1dqtalhobvbj.jpg')

Is wallace has a red and black belt...taekwondo ? Its true or not

Quote Originally Posted by Denisseluv2011 View Post
    Is wallace has a red and black belt...taekwondo ? Its true or not
    Yes, I think so. He mentioned Taekwondo is his favorite sport next to basketball. He also loves joging in the parks.
    Last edited by ichiban; 03-09-12 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tobemela View Post
    Is Mickey gonna play a role in this drama?
    I don't know. I just assumed since this is YZ's

Okie, I hope we'll have a good RYY this time. Actually reading her weibo she seems to have a good personality. She has a strong will and can stand any bad comments. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.
    I sure don't doubt her personality. I follow her weibo and she seems to be a nice girl. But I really hope she can give justice to RYY
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Personality is one thing...good acting is another. =/

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Personality is one thing...good acting is another. =/
    LOL, at least she is not an annoying person. I believe she acted as a female lead for two more dramas after Gong 2. I hope her acting does improve after these 2 dramas. Also, RYY is a very good role and most likely will draw sympathy from people unless she screwed it up.

It's just so quiet. I can't wait for the stills to come out. I hope Yu will do a good job in styling the artistes.

I'm on Chapter 13 and poor LHC was injured most of the time and his life was at risk at some points in time. Still no sight of RYY yet but so far I like Yi Ling the most.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/5d2e0b8fjw1dqqfwwifjaj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    he learns to play the "7 stringed (gu)qin"
    Was it mentioned in the novel? I rem it said it was a short qin (短琴)when at the river scene

It's just so quiet. I can't wait for the stills to come out. I hope Yu will do a good job in styling the artistes.

I'm on Chapter 13 and poor LHC was injured most of the time and his life was at risk at some points in time. Still no sight of RYY yet but so far I like Yi Ling the most. ]
    Yeah Yilin is a nice girl. Poor LHC was injured in one way or another up till the last chapter actually all thanks to the 6 freaks.

Joe Chen
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6ee12e88jw1divto76q8oj.jpg')

Yuan Shan Shan and Han Dong
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/4827a92djw1dqf2zk01j0j.jpg')

Chen Xiao
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4827a92djw1dq5w4r9u45j.jpg')

Yang Rong
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/4827a92djw1dqo5bj1ltuj.jpg')

^ Actually...I believe the first pic is Yuan Shanshan and the second girl is Zhou Mu Yin (not in XAJH as far as I know).

Guess I should give YSS another chance, after all I really didn't see much of her yet. And I'm sure YSS is nice, but can't give her a pass on that...there are plenty of actors/actresses who I like personality-wise but dislike their acting... Actually, YSS kinda reminds me of LSS a few years ago--both of them have nice personalities, but when they first started I found to be not pretty and could not act, yet kept getting cast in projects due to being promoted as the main actress in their company. I thought LSS got much prettier over time (not sure if due to makeup/styling or she just grew into her looks), and her acting improved too (though she still has cringeworthy moments). Similarly I am finding YSS prettier in her more recent pictures (but something about her still seems to be a bit awkward), and hopefully she gains more acting chops too.

Maybe YSS will do better in a RYY character than her character in Gong 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Was it mentioned in the novel? I rem it said it was a short qin (短琴)when at the river scene
    I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. "Duan Qin" is probably just the broader term?

I think 7 strings is the standard for "qin" at the time, so it would be an easy assumption. I do remember "7 string" it being specifically mentioned somehwere, though right now I cannot be sure whether it's in the text or it got clouded from some drama dialouge...
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

The pictures of JC and YSS are from the "Beauties of the Emperor" drama. These are probably the better ones:

Joe Chen
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/88e3ba42gw1dqug6nadiyj.jpg')

Yuan Shan Shan
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/62a459c3tw1dm5837o1uzj.jpg')

Chen Xiao is the male lead in "Female Prime Minister"

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii565/sunsiiq/Chen%20Xiao/Poster.jpg')

The girl who plays the lead in the Female prime minister looks so young. Another Yu Zheng's drama

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    ruby lin would fit as the martial sister, forgot her name, one that marries ling pinzhi, as for female, someone more colder but beautiful. since ryy has that cold attitude, but suppose to look beautiful.i really wanted tang yan, or yang mi to play ryy.also, the pic, isnt that yang guo n xiao long nu?
    Ruby Lin was the first choice to play the martial sister (Yue Ling Shan) in Taiwan's 2000 State of Divinity with Anita Yuen and Richie Ren. But she backed out the last minute due to the fact that filming would not allow here to maintain her personal rule of sleeping at least 8 hours per night. She was therefore replaced by Vivian Chen. This pissed off series producer Yang Pei Pei so much that Ruby Lin was accused of being difficult and snobbish with an exaggerated sense of self's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    The girl who plays the lead in the Female prime minister looks so young. Another Yu Zheng's drama
    Her name is Zhao Li Ying. Most people believe she has more potential than YSS. She is prettier but I don't know about her acting.

Zhao li ying is very pretty

Quote Originally Posted by guoluoluo View Post
    Zhao li ying is very pretty
    I believe she's also in Gong 2?

I believe she's also in Gong 2?
    Yu Zheng should have her as RYY not YSS...

I didn't think LSS is that good anyway, She is passable and she is so lucky that she signed up with Tangren and every of Tangren's production they got her as lead. It's getting a bit boring.