Page 27 of 229 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    Yu Zheng should have her as RYY not YSS...

I didn't think LSS is that good anyway, She is passable and she is so lucky that she signed up with Tangren and every of Tangren's production they got her as lead. It's getting a bit boring.
    I think Yu has a bigger plan for her. After all the female lead in SOD isn't that important.

On the contrary I think LSS is quite good. She isn't pretty but she has onscreen charisma, which is a must for artistes. Some people are pretty but they just can't make you like them.
    Last edited by tobemela; 03-10-12 at 11:39 PM.

Woo! I'm so with this for Chen Xiao and Wallace. But more importantly, I'm just waiting to see how each actor and actresses portrays their swordplay or fighting skills.

And please have decent looking outfits and hairstyles. Because lately, these new drama costumes have been... Also, please don't overdo the cg effects. It just kills the show.
    Last edited by susii; 03-10-12 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by susii View Post
    Woo! I'm so with this for Chen Xiao and Wallace. But more importantly, I'm just waiting to see how each actor and actresses portrays their swordplay or fighting skills.

And please have decent looking outfits and hairstyles. Because lately, these new drama costumes have been... Also, please don't overdo the cg effects. It just kills the show.
    Yes, I'm actually looking forward to the fighting scenes than the love scenes in this series. I enjoy the sword fights so much that I reread them from the novel.

Most of Yu's latest dramas were filmed during the winter, which give us a "heavy" feel. Hopefully the weather will get warmer from early April to June (since there are 40 epics I guess it will take about 2 1/2 to 3 months to produce), the costumers will be lighter.

I actually don't like the costumes during the Han dynasty - too many layers and the rigid hairstyles make the actresses look older. I believe SOD happened during the Ming dynasty?

I dont know how Han Dong will look like with heavy beard as TBG (hopefully he'll play that role). It's so interesting to see LHC and TBG's interactions in SOD.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/7f996901jw1dqtc8pq3hkj.jpg')

I love Wallace's fights as XCQ... the kungfu scenes are definitely something looking forward to from SOD!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/72e007d4tw1dqh6v6jwjij.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by tobemela View Post
    I think Yu has a bigger plan for her. After all the female lead in SOD isn't that important.

On the contrary I think LSS is quite good. She isn't pretty but she has onscreen charisma, which is a must for artistes. Some people are pretty but they just can't make you like them.
    I hope so, I quite like ZLY from what I've seen of her! (Admittedly not much so far, but definitely a good first impression.) Not sure how I would feel about her as RYY though--she gives me the impression of being too girlish and cute/bubbly (in fact I am having trouble imagining her as a female prime minister, but I don't know what the character is like, after all). She's definitely very pretty though (I thought she was by far the prettiest out of the NHZGG girls and also one of the prettiest among the Gong 2 girls).

Actually I feel the opposite about LSS, I think she's quite pretty! (I mean, I found her pretty plain when she first started out and I don't find her as stunning as a few other actresses, but she's definitely been getting prettier and prettier as time goes by. Though it can depend on the lighting/angles/makeup (some wash her out a bit), but that goes for most actresses of course!) However I still find her a bit lacking in onscreen charisma...her acting has improved a lot since she started out but occasionally it still feels a bit not-as-natural...I also find that I'm usually more drawn to other actresses in her series than to her character (but sometimes that is due more to the character and writing itself).

has Yu Zheng done a wuxia before? most of his recent series are about court politics during Qing dynasty or tragic romance, right?
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    has Yu Zheng done a wuxia before? most of his recent series are about court politics during Qing dynasty or tragic romance, right?
    I think more during the Han dynasty. Somewhere in this thread I remember this is Yu's first wuxia drama. I hope he will not put too much of his specialty, namely tragic romance, into this drama!

Quote Originally Posted by aprilcloud View Post
    I think more during the Han dynasty. Somewhere in this thread I remember this is Yu's first wuxia drama. I hope he will not put too much of his specialty, namely tragic romance, into this drama!
    that's what I'm afraid of...

Yu Zheng said that SOD will be his first "man" oriented and Wuxia series ever. So I cant wait to see how it turns out. Most of his series up to date are those female oriented and it almost about the court politics in ancient China. Rouge Snow wasnt one of those court politics but still a female drama.

Yes the sword fighting scenes are going to be epic in this drama. Since most of the fighting in this drama are sword fighting anyway. I hope Yu Zheng will investing in hiring experts on sword fighting to make these scenes.

Yu Zheng said that SOD will be his first "man" oriented and Wuxia series ever. So I cant wait to see how it turns out. Most of his series up to date are those female oriented and it almost about the court politics in ancient China. Rouge Snow wasnt one of those court politics but still a female drama.

Yes the sword fighting scenes are going to be epic in this drama. Since most of the fighting in this drama are sword fighting anyway. I hope Yu Zheng will investing in hiring experts on sword fighting to make these scenes.
    I hope so too.

Actually, no matter how good the actors/actresses are, if the special effects/post prod crew weren't as good, it would still end up as blah!.

So I'm guessing this is going to be a bigger budget series (compare to his previous ones)?

According to Yu SOD is his first wuxia drama, but not his first man oriented drama. This is his first man oriented drama: Bounty Hunter (not yet aired).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/62a459c3jw1dpxdotfiiij.jpg')

According to Yu SOD is his first wuxia drama, but not his first man oriented drama. This is his first man oriented drama: Bounty Hunter (not yet aired).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/62a459c3jw1dpxdotfiiij.jpg')
    Wow how many drama does Yu Zheng produce a year? This man is very busy indeed. Tangren is only producing one drama at a time though.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Actually I feel the opposite about LSS, I think she's quite pretty! (I mean, I found her pretty plain when she first started out and I don't find her as stunning as a few other actresses, but she's definitely been getting prettier and prettier as time goes by. Though it can depend on the lighting/angles/makeup (some wash her out a bit), but that goes for most actresses of course!) However I still find her a bit lacking in onscreen charisma...her acting has improved a lot since she started out but occasionally it still feels a bit not-as-natural...I also find that I'm usually more drawn to other actresses in her series than to her character (but sometimes that is due more to the character and writing itself).
    I normally find most actresses (as well as actors) getting prettier when they become more famous. I guess it's because they have become more confident plus they have the extra money to style themselves. Likewise, in the eyes of fans their favorite artistes are always good looking anyway. Yes, I found her plain as well (especially in CP3) when she first started out. She isn't a stunning pretty girl but there is something about her... er... to make people want to protect her. It's that charisma that makes people like her.

Heard this girl will play Lan Feng Huang in SOD.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/659e1001jw1dqvnb6ekqbj.jpg')

Heard this girl will play Lan Feng Huang in SOD.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/659e1001jw1dqvnb6ekqbj.jpg')
    she's pretty... but not too han-chinese looking. who is she?

she's pretty... but not too han-chinese looking. who is she?
    She is Mai Di Na, Mai Mai Ti (麦迪娜·买买提), an Uighur

She used be be the lead dancer of Xinjiang Art Theater of Song and Dance. She first appeared in Yu Zheng's drama New Huan Zhu Ge Ge as "Xiang Fei" and has become well known in the show biz since then. She is a really good dancer.

She used be be the lead dancer of Xinjiang Art Theater of Song and Dance. She first appeared in Yu Zheng's drama New Huan Zhu Ge Ge as "Xiang Fei" and has become well known in the show biz since then. She is a really good dancer.
    I don't mind to have Madina as RYY, LOL.

ah that explains it... I haven't seen the New huan zhu ge ge though

hang on, yu zheng's huan zhu ge ge??? Wasn't it Qiong Yao