Page 29 of 229 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    I noticed that the first time I saw it but I just let it go but now that you mentioned it, yeah spot on! To think that they're supposed to be on their teens (?) when XAJH started, LHC seems to be just right but RYY, uhm, no. The MUA needs to do a better job for this series.
    No actually RYY is around 18-19 and LHC is around 25-26 and YLS is around 17-18.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    No actually RYY is around 18-19 and LHC is around 25-26 and YLS is around 17-18.
    Oh thanks so RYY is still on her teens and LHC is older... yeah MUA definitely needs to do better job
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

maybe YZ forgot about this. Chu Liu Xiang was also a novel adaptation, right?
    Wow I didnt know Wallace was competing for Chu Liuxiang in 2007. Too bad Ken Chu ruined the role, lots of people said he beat Jerry Yan and Huang Xiao Ming for this role (I haven't heard about Wallace was also competing for this role until reading the thread above) but Ken Chu couldn't act if his life depended on it. He didn't have the charisma nor the air of Chu Liuxiang at all. But he did look much better than Richie Ren's Chu liuXiang for sure.

Thanks. Now I see it's Chu Liu Xiang. Yu claimed he only wrote epic 1 and part of the desert scene. But he's fully in charge of SOD and hence SOD is his first. Not sure he said so because that drama was badly criticized though

Quote Originally Posted by tobemela View Post
    Thanks. Now I see it's Chu Liu Xiang. Yu claimed he only wrote epic 1 and part of the desert scene. But he's fully in charge of SOD and hence SOD is his first. Not sure he said so because that drama was badly criticized though
    really? how so? also, have you seen it? or at least any fighting scenes?

really? how so? also, have you seen it? or at least any fighting scenes?
    Nope, I haven't seen it. But I read the comments and most of them are bad. Yu was being accused of ruin this adaptation.

Nope, I haven't seen it. But I read the comments and most of them are bad. Yu was being accused of ruin this adaptation.
    oh thanks... I was actually thinking of watching it but if it was "that" bad, I don't think I'd last

YSS is gonna sing the theme song for "Beauties Without Tears", will she sing the theme song for SOD as well? $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/42/lxhpubuhan_org.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/a22eaa36gw1dqxvj4jfinj.jpg')

YSS is gonna sing the theme song for "Beauties Without Tears", will she sing the theme song for SOD as well?
    Is she a good singer? I hope Wallace will sing for SOD theme song. Yeah my wishful thinking

Is she a good singer? I hope Wallace will sing for SOD theme song. Yeah my wishful thinking
    The guy in the picture is her teacher, saying she has a good voice. She is practising the theme song with him. I think this is her first song? I hope too it will be Wallace's actual voice when the song XAJH is on... In fact, I hope they will use his voice for this series, and I don't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Was it mentioned in the novel? I rem it said it was a short qin (短琴)when at the river scene
    Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. "Duan Qin" is probably just the broader term?

I think 7 strings is the standard for "qin" at the time, so it would be an easy assumption. I do remember "7 string" it being specifically mentioned somehwere, though right now I cannot be sure whether it's in the text or it got clouded from some drama dialouge...
    This is what I've found. Gu Qin has always been 7 strings. Gu Zheng had 13 strings but after the Tang/Song dynasties, it has become 21 strings. In the novel it mentioned Gu Qin when LHC learned how to play it in the green bamboo courthouse. When he was about to board a boat and leave for another place with his master and the rest of the Huashan sect people, RYY gave him a Short qin for him to carry it in his journey to practice a song he was trying to learn but unfinished because of his rush to leave for another place. The song supposed to help him to ease his pain from having 8 different "chi' in his body. This short qin should also be a 7 strings qin.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/7b17985ejw1dqu1m0w9flj.jpg')
    Last edited by tobemela; 03-13-12 at 09:56 AM.

YLS

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://t1.qpic.cn/mblogpic/6b7e57e33edae108b62c/460')

Okie I finally found YSS in ep 9 of Strange heroes... Quite matured looking there

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Okie I finally found YSS in ep 9 of Strange heroes... Quite matured looking there
    Yes, she was born in 1987 but she looks way older than her age, older than LSS and TY when they are at almost the same age. Maybe it was her made up there as a married woman. I am hoping Yu Zheng will invest in a good stylist for SOD. I was browsing through his drama "Female Prime minister" I thought the court costumes were so nice. I hope SOD's costumes will look attractive, usually Wuxia series have horrible costumes compare to court dramas.

YSS in Beauties Without Tears. She does look older than her age and this drama seems to suit her quite well.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/4eafaa70gw1dqyn2qif71j.jpg')

Very interesting facts about the drama market in China:

1. Total losses in the drama industry amounted to Rmb3 billion
    2. In 2011 the broadcast authority approved 1,040 dramas (totaling 338,777 episodes) applications
    3. Only 469 dramas received a broadcast certificate.
    4. The various channels in the whole of China could only host upto 6,000 to 8,000 episodes per year
    5. Only 3,000 episodes could be aired during the prime time in nation-wide channels

Related link: http://chinamedia360.com/News/NewsDe...74229B13249DEE

It's in fact lucky for stars who have all their dramas aired in nation-wide channels.

Madina vs Chen Xiao's eyelashes. Not sure if Madina is compared with Wallace (without the mascara of coz)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/4d3ea1d7jw1dqz43nxhclj.jpg')

Very interesting facts about the drama market in China:

1. Total losses in the drama industry amounted to Rmb3 billion
    2. In 2011 the broadcast authority approved 1,040 dramas (totaling 338,777 episodes) applications
    3. Only 469 dramas received a broadcast certificate.
    4. The various channels in the whole of China could only host upto 6,000 to 8,000 episodes per year
    5. Only 3,000 episodes could be aired during the prime time in nation-wide channels

Related link: http://chinamedia360.com/News/NewsDe...74229B13249DEE

It's in fact lucky for stars who have all their dramas aired in nation-wide channels.
    Wow amazing statistics, so what is happening to those more than half of the dramas that couldnt get a broadcast certificate? They will be sold as DVD on flee markets or something? This made me think that In the names of the Doctors is so lucky to get aired on CCTV1 channel (A national channel)

Wow amazing statistics, so what is happening to those more than half of the dramas that couldnt get a broadcast certificate? They will be sold as DVD on flee markets or something? This made me think that In the names of the Doctors is so lucky to get aired on CCTV1 channel (A national channel)
    What it said in this article is that the ones which really can make money are those aired on national channels. Those which didn't get the certificates could be due to various reasons such as poor quality, didn't finish (or even start) etc.

I think it really depends whether they can sell the dramas elsewhere outside of China it no channels in China are buying the dramas. But if a drama becomes famous in China, it's more easier for the producers to sell it elsewhere. For example, Ruby is making mega bucks from QSHF. She once said money is falling on her while she's sleeping. QSHF is airing all over Asia after it became a big heat in China.

LOL, what if Wallace is TBG?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/659e1001jw1dqyc1ekp2ej.jpg')