Page 32 of 229 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Question: why do I read a lot of people calling YSS plastic? I mean I don't follow her so I don't know what she has been doing for people to call her that. But there must be some reasons.
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Any news at all when they gonna start the drama? I heard it's still 24th but giving Wallace's back pain plus the unfinished Huashan setting it seems meeting this deadline is unlikely. I do hope Wallace will get well soon! It's gonna be hard work once the drama is kicked off!

Quote Originally Posted by aprilcloud View Post
    Any news at all when they gonna start the drama? I heard it's still 24th but giving Wallace's back pain plus the unfinished Huashan setting it seems meeting this deadline is unlikely. I do hope Wallace will get well soon! It's gonna be hard work once the drama is kicked off!
    I'm sure they'll be able to finish the Huashan in no time... But I do hope they'd delay it to give Wallace more time to rest (I'm a biased Huomi )

SOD video game promo clip

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    Question: why do I read a lot of people calling YSS plastic? I mean I don't follow her so I don't know what she has been doing for people to call her that. But there must be some reasons.
    I think they called YSS plastic because she cant act, she doesn't have the screen present either. She is just an average or a below average actress and her look doesnt help either in Gong 2 that people complained about her alot.

I wish Tong li Ya can be our RYY, she has good chemistry with Wallace in Strange Hero.
    Last edited by Hana6002; 03-17-12 at 09:46 PM.

[QUOTE=Mido-Ban;1033237]Really like him as an actor, he was versatile, really loved him in romance of white hair maiden, leading with ada choi.
    why did he become a monk? [\QUOTE]

I heard it was because he took an interest in religion while he was preparing for his role in "Fate of the Last Empire" where he plays a fengshui expert. Eventually he settled for Buddhism which helped him deal with life in the entertainment circle and then even became a monk. Also heard he was attack two years ago and a robber broke a bottle over his head.

I'd always liked him and considered it a loss to TVB when he left. But as long as he is happy and feels at peace, I am happy for him.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Yes I like Tong Li Ya too..she is pretty ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    I think they called YSS plastic because she cant act, she doesn't have the screen present either. She is just an average or a below average actress and her look doesnt help either in Gong 2 that people complained about her alot.
    To add to that, some people compared some old photos of YSS and think she got lip augmentation to get fuller lips.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 03-18-12 at 12:11 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    To add to that, some people compared some old photos of YSS and think she got lip augmentation to get fuller lips.
    OMG, really! Most people hate her lips! They call her sausage lips! Why did she want to do that...hmmmmm

I wish Tong li Ya can be our RYY, she has good chemistry with Wallace in Strange Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    aw... with all those not nice comments and to act next to Wallace, she needs to work really hard... she has a lot to prove. She has to take those comments seriously if she wants to stay longer and work hard to her acting

Quote Originally Posted by aprilcloud View Post
    OMG, really! Most people hate her lips! They call her sausage lips! Why did she want to do that...hmmmmm
    A lot of girls (or at least those I know/I know of) want a fuller lips (like Angelina Jolie). But fuller lips doesn't suit everyone and most of the time it doesn't end as perfect as Angelina Jolie's.

I don't like it when people say she looks like Yang Mi because YM is definitely way way way better But I guess what I don't like the most is her acting like as if she is indeed as beautiful as YM or that there's just a tiny bit of difference. (or maybe its just me being over-reacting on her body language )

Anyway, she mentioned that there's more pressure for her to do martial arts (for Xiao Ao Jiang Hu as RYY). Is she a dancer?

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    I don't like it when people say she looks like Yang Mi because YM is definitely way way way better But I guess what I don't like the most is her acting like as if she is indeed as beautiful as YM or that there's just a tiny bit of difference. (or maybe its just me being over-reacting on her body language )

Anyway, she mentioned that there's more pressure for her to do martial arts (for Xiao Ao Jiang Hu as RYY). Is she a dancer?
    What she said their looks are different. She said some people say they look alike could be due to some angles in picture. But if they are standing next to each other people can tell their looks are totally different.

I pray for her doing well in SOD...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/8f1d980ajw1dqatdzm01ij.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by tobemela View Post
    What she said their looks are different. She said some people say they look alike could be due to some angles in picture. But if they are standing next to each other people can tell their looks are totally different.
    like what I said, "maybe its just me being over-reacting on her body language".

But this is what she said:

其实可能一些照片角度问题,或者拍摄的方法会有一些吧。
    但实际上我们俩倒还好, (ME: uhm, YM, yes. But you, I don't know )
    我觉得我们班的女孩子都长的这种类型­,比较大眼睛这样。 (ME: I never really saw her eyes as large but yeah they may seem "larger than normal" on some make up style)
    但是当你见到杨幂本人和我本人站在一起的时候,你就知道我们俩是有差别的 (ME: no need to make them stand beside each other. Even with eyes close, there's way way way big difference)

Maybe its the way she answered the question not necessarily what she actually said that made me

Yes, she was born in 1987 but she looks way older than her age, older than LSS and TY when they are at almost the same age. Maybe it was her made up there as a married woman. I am hoping Yu Zheng will invest in a good stylist for SOD. I was browsing through his drama "Female Prime minister" I thought the court costumes were so nice. I hope SOD's costumes will look attractive, usually Wuxia series have horrible costumes compare to court dramas.
    YSS must be crying. Tang Yan was born on Dec 6, 1983 according to her thread in spcnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetofu View Post
    YSS must be crying. Tang Yan was born on Dec 6, 1983 according to her thread in spcnet.
    ARe you sure? It said here Tang Yan was born in 1986 Dec 6 http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tang_Yan_(1986)

ARe you sure? It said here Tang Yan was born in 1986 Dec 6 http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tang_Yan_(1986)
    She should be older. She once posted her age as 1986 on her weibo account but after some rumors about her actual age she took it off. If you go to the first post of her thread you will find her age. Anyway, it doesn't matter what her age is as she looks young.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/80bc164bjw1dr4awd497rj.jpg')

I wonder if this is going to be the Cliff of Contemplation. This was posted by site director Lin Jin Xi with caption: "when are you coming? I'm bored to death" @Han Dong, @YSS, @Deng Sha and others (that I don't recognize )
    Last edited by snowflakesdance; 03-18-12 at 11:50 AM.

Am watching strange hero now. While yss is not ugly, she is not a stand out beauty. Her acting is passable, but what bothers me are her proportions. Her head is simply big compared to her body. Also, i find ym eyes very attractive because of their shape and the fact that they are very lively. Perhaps it is the makeup or the liveliness of her eyes that make them seem big. Whereas with yss, she may have big eyes but she also has a big head...so i don't think of her eyes as extraordinary. Furthermore, as someone pointed out, her features don't mesh well together. That and she has a big nose. She isn't anyone's first choice as ryy and this is such a big role too. I am on the fence about this series. If the reviews are good then i will watch it; otherwise, i will skip it. But i will follow this thread as i still find it amusing that everyone dislikes the female cast.

And at this point in yss career, it isn't wise for her to compare herself to ym . They look nothing alike. However if the reporters are the ones who brought it up then i feel sorry for her. Seems like a trick question because surely no one thinks they look alike?
    Last edited by patricia n; 03-18-12 at 02:29 PM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    Am watching strange hero now. While yss is not ugly, she is not a stand out beauty. Her acting is passable, but what bothers me are her proportions. Her head is simply big compared to her body. Also, i find ym eyes very attractive because of their shape and the fact that they are very lively. Perhaps it is the makeup or the liveliness of her eyes that make them seem big. Whereas with yss, she may have big eyes but she also has a big head...so i don't think of her eyes as extraordinary. Furthermore, as someone pointed out, her features don't mesh well together. That and she has a big nose. She isn't anyone's first choice as ryy and this is such a big role too. I am on the fence about this series.
    now that you mention that, I'm going to watch it again I never really notice those "proportions" maybe because I focus more on eye-candies and/or good acting skills and ignore those who are not/don't have but the interview I posted above, she looks old and tired plus (I don't know if its just me but...) she doesn't seem to know how to walk, the dress/shoes doesn't look good on her and she's surrounded by pretty girls so her ordinary face looks pitiful in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    And at this point in yss career, it isn't wise for her to compare herself to ym . They look nothing alike. However if the reporters are the ones who brought it up then i feel sorry for her. Seems like a trick question because surely no one thinks they look alike?
    If she could have been a bit more humble in the way she presented her answer, I might actually take a liking on her (irregardless is she's not pretty nor a good actress )
    Last edited by snowflakesdance; 03-18-12 at 02:46 PM.