Page 33 of 229 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

YSS looks quite pretty in the "horse" photoshoot--her lips and nose look a bit more delicate. Especially the last 2, I can sort of get a RYY vibe from them! ^_^ She has yet to prove her acting though (or that she can look that pretty onscreen, not just in photoshopped pics).

Actually I *can* see some small similarities between YM and YSS...of course I think YM is a lot prettier and acts better too, but I mean at least there is some basis for comparison there (add on the fact that they are the leads of Gong 1 & 2 respectively, plus were in the same class, so it's no wonder reporters like to make a story of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    ARe you sure? It said here Tang Yan was born in 1986 Dec 6 http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tang_Yan_(1986)
    Sorry to go off-topic but just to clarify this...

TY's "official" stated DOB is 1986, but seems like most people question the accuracy of this--I actually came across rumours of TY "falsifying" her age quite awhile ago. At first I thought they were just made-up rumours too (I have read similar rumours about other actresses like LSS and LYF etc. but those seem blatantly false...in fact these "fake age" rumours seem to surround every actress at some point! Well, except for the child actresses like YM and SC who appeared onscreen at like age 4 so can't debate that).

However, then someone posted an old newspaper article from the 2004 Olympics, with a pic of TY as one of the girls chosen to play "er hu" as part of the closing ceremonies (to represent Beijing--actually I found it quite impressive that she knows how to play er hu and also got picked by Zhang Yimou to go to the Olympics!). Anyways, in that article (the scan looked pretty legit) it states her age as 20 (i.e. she would be born in 1983). So either she faked her age back in 2004 (saying she was older than she was), or she faked her age recently (saying she's younger). People also point out the fact that she is part of the class of 2002 at Central Academy. This would make perfect sense time-wise if she were born in 1983...but means that if she was born in Dec. 1986, she would've gone to university at age 15 (not impossible but gotta admit, less likely).

At any rate, falsifying ages is nothing new in the entertainment industry...and as Whitetofu points out, Tang Yan definitely looks young enough to pull it off! She looks the same age as her good buddies YM and LSS, and in fact she can pull off looking like a teenager in some pics...so if she is actually 28, good for her!
    Last edited by mango_cake; 03-18-12 at 08:23 PM.

Yu Zheng does have a strange taste, first Micky He now Yuan Shan Shan. But I reckon at least Micky has good acting? Perhaps YZ believes that as long as he made YSS as the female lead in dramas people would start accepting her. I do see that YSS's number of followers of her weibo account is increasing dramatically in recent days.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetofu View Post
    Yu Zheng does have a strange taste, first Micky He now Yuan Shan Shan. But I reckon at least Micky has good acting? Perhaps YZ believes that as long as he made YSS as the female lead in dramas people would start accepting her. I do see that YSS's number of followers of her weibo account is increasing dramatically in recent days.
    It's not strange taste, it's business, as both of them, YSS and Mickey He signed up with Yu Zheng's company as their agent. Just like LSS and He Ge belong to Tangren. Every Tangrent's production will have at least one Hu Ge or LSS as lead
    Since they are his staff, who else but Yu Zheng needs to give them a job.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    However, then someone posted an old newspaper article from the 2004 Olympics, with a pic of TY as one of the girls chosen to play "er hu" as part of the closing ceremonies (to represent Beijing--actually I found it quite impressive that she knows how to play er hu and also got picked by Zhang Yimou to go to the Olympics!). Anyways, in that article (the scan looked pretty legit) it states her age as 20 (i.e. she would be born in 1983). So either she faked her age back in 2004 (saying she was older than she was), or she faked her age recently (saying she's younger). People also point out the fact that she is part of the class of 2002 at Central Academy. This would make perfect sense time-wise if she were born in 1983...but means that if she was born in Dec. 1986, she would've gone to university at age 15 (not impossible but gotta admit, less likely).
    Wow, I didn't know people question Tang Yan's age. I always take the information about age as given truth, if they look the age....LOL. Now I wonder what is her actual age then...
    Need to stop being lazy...

^ I used to just believe the stated age too...until I found out there was actually pretty convincing backing to the Tang Yan rumours (I'm now leaning towards believing she actually was born in 1983, but can't be sure). I've read some people say changing the date of birth is extremely common among actresses in the Asian entertainment industry but I don't know how true this is. Again, there are rumours of age falsification about almost every popular actress out there and a lot of them probably ARE false...I didn't bother looking into all of them, but I did quickly skim some LSS/LYF age threads and those seem completely made up--I believe both are indeed born in 1987 (though tbh, LYF's whole schooling/university graduation thing seems rather fishy to me...but that has nothing to do with her age).

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    It's not strange taste, it's business, as both of them, YSS and Mickey He signed up with Yu Zheng's company as their agent. Just like LSS and He Ge belong to Tangren. Every Tangrent's production will have at least one Hu Ge or LSS as lead
    Since they are his staff, who else but Yu Zheng needs to give them a job.
    Well...strange taste in that, out of all the hotter/prettier and more talented actors...he chooses Mickey and YSS to sign. I would have no problem with YZ promoting his own actors if they actually merited the heavy promotion...I seriously don't understand these companies sometimes, there are so many extremely good-looking and extremely talented actors in China who are super underrated and not promoted as much as less good-looking/talented actors... T_T

Well...strange taste in that, out of all the hotter/prettier and more talented actors...he chooses Mickey and YSS to sign. I would have no problem with YZ promoting his own actors if they actually merited the heavy promotion...I seriously don't understand these companies sometimes, there are so many extremely good-looking and extremely talented actors in China who are super underrated and not promoted as much as less good-looking/talented actors... T_T
    Well, I'd say Tangren has better taste in looks, heheh! I remember I was searching YouTube to see whether the 1982 TVB LOCH was available to watch online, then I came across LOCH08 with Hu Ge and Yuan Hong and they got me hooked! Then I clean forgot about my search for LOCH82 and continued to watch LOCH08. I'm so shallow...heh! Mickey He would never get me hooked like that.
    I ship Shi-Harem

YSS looks quite pretty in the "horse" photoshoot--her lips and nose look a bit more delicate. Especially the last 2, I can sort of get a RYY vibe from them! ^_^ She has yet to prove her acting though (or that she can look that pretty onscreen, not just in photoshopped pics).

Actually I *can* see some small similarities between YM and YSS...of course I think YM is a lot prettier and acts better too, but I mean at least there is some basis for comparison there (add on the fact that they are the leads of Gong 1 & 2 respectively, plus were in the same class, so it's no wonder reporters like to make a story of it).
    I don't usually count photoshopped pics to see if an actor/actress looks good onscreen (even more on real life). I've done a lot of PSing and just like make up, it can do wonders. Also, I'm sure if reporters would want to create story of "how they'd look a like", they'll be able to in so many ways. But personally, aside from the shape of the face and at times the eyes (just in Gong2 - did they have the same MUA?), I can't find any other similarities.

This is actually common in any country's entertainment industry. I wonder if having "connections" played a big role in MH and YSS's cases?
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Well, I'd say Tangren has better taste in looks, heheh! I remember I was searching YouTube to see whether the 1982 TVB LOCH was available to watch online, then I came across LOCH08 with Hu Ge and Yuan Hong and they got me hooked! Then I clean forgot about my search for LOCH82 and continued to watch LOCH08. I'm so shallow...heh! Mickey He would never get me hooked like that.
    how about Huayi? they do have pretty decent actors/actresses BUT since I'm not familiar with them, are they a production company too? or just talent agency?

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    how about Huayi? they do have pretty decent actors/actresses BUT since I'm not familiar with them, are they a production company too? or just talent agency?
    They are both a huge production company and talent agency. They produce major international blockbuster movies like White Vengeance, The Message, LOVE, etc. Notice that Huayi-managed artistes, after proving themselves and getting accolades in the TV-drama world (like Zhou Xun, Li Bing Bing, Fan Bing Bing, LYF, HXM, FSF etc), seem to move on the the big screen more smoothly as their first movie roles are usually with a major Huayi production.

I'd think Yang Mi's road to movie stardom isn't as smooth. Eddie Peng also had to majorly prove himself in an award-winner like Jump Ashin before he reached a major Huayi movie (LOVE).
    Last edited by xiaolong; 03-19-12 at 12:33 AM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

A person took this pic two days ago. Elephant Hill stills have Wallace name for DMY!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/697847cdgw1dr4ubxaog7j.jpg')

They are both a huge production company and talent agency. They produce major international blockbuster movies like White Vengeance, The Message, LOVE, etc. Notice that Huayi-managed artistes, after proving themselves and getting accolades in the TV-drama world (like Zhou Xun, Li Bing Bing, LYF, HXM, FSF etc), seem to get roles more smoothly in these major movie blockbusters. I'd think Yang Mi's road to movie stardom isn't as smooth.
    who handles YM? I'm sure if Tangren has bigger budget and much more drive to make it big, they'll do well like how you describe Huayi and their talents above.

*yeah I have that much faith on Tangren

who handles YM? I'm sure if Tangren has bigger budget and much more drive to make it big, they'll do well like how you describe Huayi and their talents above.
    Mei Ah Entertainment handles Yang Mi and Hawick Lau. Not sure about Tangren...it's only a fraction of the size of Huayi. Also Hu Ge is still struggling in the movie world and it's been 3 years since the CP3 craze. Whereas FSF's first post-Gong major movie role was already a huge Huayi production with international distribution...but of course, he did a great job with Xiang Yu, so he's earned his place.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 03-19-12 at 01:19 AM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Mei Ah Entertainment handles Yang Mi and Hawick Lau. Not sure about Tangren...it's only a fraction of the size of Huayi. Also Hu Ge is still struggling in the movie world and it's been 3 years since the CP3 craze? Whereas FSF's first post-Gong movie role was already a huge Huayi production...but of course, he did a great job with Xiang Yu, so he's earned his place.
    Exactly. That's why I said "if only Tangren has bigger budget". FSF's movie projects seems like they're carefully chosen. And although XinHai Revolution is a good movie, HG is just a guest (?). I'm sure it requires big amount of money to get good script and excellent staff and of course a good role. And if we add the previous "guesses/speculations" that HG doesn't seem to want to make it big...

Exactly. That's why I said "if only Tangren has bigger budget". FSF's movie projects seems like they're carefully chosen. And although XinHai Revolution is a good movie, HG is just a guest (?). I'm sure it requires big amount of money to get good script and excellent staff and of course a good role. And if we add the previous "guesses/speculations" that HG doesn't seem to want to make it big...
    I have a feeling that HG wants to go backstage rather than staying in the front line. From some of his recent interviews he said he is interested in the backstage. When being asked whether he wanted to be a director he said he's not ready yet.

I thought I read HG say a few times he would really like to get good movie roles (as most actors do). I don't know if you would call this "making it big" but I definitely think at this point in his career, he could go much farther and achieve more of his goals under a bigger company. On the other hand, I totally understand why he is with TR (they really gave him a lot of big boosts in his career to start it off and stayed with him during the car crash).

HuaYi artists definitely have a big advantage when it comes to getting meaty roles in very nice productions--more for movies though. (I do feel bad for them though because a lot of artists leave them after making it big...) On the other hand, because they are so big with so many people to manage, it's only really good for the actors that already have some star-power. Otherwise it's easier to get buried under all the talent there. But like xiaolong pointed out, it's quite amazing how they managed to immediately jump on FSF's success after Gong and turn it into an impressive string of solid movie roles. Meanwhile, YM and HG (who arguably were more popular than FSF after their "smash hits" and gained that popularity much earlier than FSF) have a much tougher path in making it to the movies.

I definitely give TangRen MAJOR credit for discovering Hu Ge! I won't give them credit for Yuan Hong though--first of all, TR only signed him at HG's suggestion and then proceeded to fail to promote him properly, resulting in YH leaving and (IMO) having his career delayed a few years...so yeah, big fail there.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/80bc164bjw1dr4awd497rj.jpg')

I wonder if this is going to be the Cliff of Contemplation. This was posted by site director Lin Jin Xi with caption: "when are you coming? I'm bored to death" @Han Dong, @YSS, @Deng Sha and others (that I don't recognize )
    Could this be the "black wood cliff" 黑木崖? I want to know too about when will they turn up!

Here is the latest source of news on SOD:

I'm so tempting to go there but first of all I need to find out where it is $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/e9/sk_org.gif') I don't know how valid is this news though....

From March 24 to April 30 SOD will be filmed in the Jinyun Xiandu scenic area. For the list of casts can refer to the new version XAJH. I want to go home......to see Wallace Huo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    @GaraDara本尊 : 【2012年3月24日至4月30日期间,电视剧《笑傲江湖》将在缙云仙都景区拍摄。演员表可查“霍建华版 《笑傲江湖》”。】我要回家啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊 啊啊啊 @胖到发起来的羊 你要不要去围观?!!!霍建华!!!!!!
    Last edited by tobemela; 03-19-12 at 01:20 AM.

I thought I read HG say a few times he would really like to get good movie roles (as most actors do). I don't know if you would call this "making it big" but I definitely think at this point in his career, he could go much farther and achieve more of his goals under a bigger company. On the other hand, I totally understand why he is with TR (they really gave him a lot of big boosts in his career to start it off and stayed with him during the car crash).

HuaYi artists definitely have a big advantage when it comes to getting meaty roles in very nice productions--more for movies though. (I do feel bad for them though because a lot of artists leave them after making it big...) On the other hand, because they are so big with so many people to manage, it's only really good for the actors that already have some star-power. Otherwise it's easier to get buried under all the talent there. But like xiaolong pointed out, it's quite amazing how they managed to immediately jump on FSF's success after Gong and turn it into an impressive string of solid movie roles. Meanwhile, YM and HG (who arguably were more popular than FSF after their "smash hits" and gained that popularity much earlier than FSF) have a much tougher path in making it to the movies.

I definitely give TangRen MAJOR credit for discovering Hu Ge! I won't give them credit for Yuan Hong though--first of all, TR only signed him at HG's suggestion and then proceeded to fail to promote him properly, resulting in YH leaving and (IMO) having his career delayed a few years...so yeah, big fail there.
    Could it be the way they promote their actors? Mainland China TV series (in general) isn't really that known from where I am (I mean compare to TW and Kdrama) but a lot of young girls I know, knows who FSF is. (Well, since they're young girls, I don't really expect them to comment about acting, more on how they swoon at the sight of him online ) but they don't know who HG is. (which made me really sad because I'm a HuGe fan and not much of FSF). I mean if they're popular, they'll more likely get more offers.

Quote Originally Posted by tobemela View Post
    Could this be the "black wood cliff" 黑木崖? I want to know too about when will they turn up!
    yeah that's also possible... 5 days to go but no news yet if its going to be delayed
    Last edited by snowflakesdance; 03-19-12 at 01:28 AM.

I think YSS looks like she has a big head because of her short neck (and also because of her face shape, she has a sharp jawline but her chin is pretty prominent when she smiles, so it covers her neck even more).The JPLH2 had outfits which had collars, and I kept noticing how she looked like she didn't have a neck in the close up sequences

The main reason I kind of not really like her sometimes is because of her crying scenes and her roles so far. She's not a block of wood but maybe she isn't charismatic enough.

But...I don't really see similarities between YSS & YM. Ok, I will stop sounding like a b*tch now.

And regarding TY's real age, I remember watching an interview about her, and she talked about how she was picked to play the er hu during the olympics (as stated by Mango_cake). They even had a short video of her playing the er-hu during the olympics with the other girls.

She seriously looks like she's 23 or 24 at most.

I think YZ likes girls with heart shaped faces?
    Last edited by ice_mountain23; 03-19-12 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tobemela View Post
    Here is the latest source of news on SOD:

I'm so tempting to go there but first of all I need to find out where it is $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/e9/sk_org.gif') I don't know how valid is this news though....

From March 24 to April 30 SOD will be filmed in the Jinyun Xiandu scenic area. For the list of casts can refer to the new version XAJH. I want to go home......to see Wallace Huo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    @GaraDara本尊 : 【2012年3月24日至4月30日期间,电视剧《笑傲江湖》将在缙云仙都景区拍摄。演员表可查“霍建华版 《笑傲江湖》”。】我要回家啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊 啊啊啊 @胖到发起来的羊 你要不要去围观?!!!霍建华!!!!!!
    I didn't see this a while ago... but when I googled Jinyun Xiandu, this is what I saw:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/daodao/photo-s/02/13/e6/6d/caption.jpg')

Isn't that the same as the one I posted above? BTW. this is from tripadvisor site

and here's another one from a different angle:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/daodao/photo-s/01/e3/09/36/1.jpg')

as for the news above, I saw it posted here(and I also don't know if that's reliable):

http://jynews.zjol.com.cn/jynews/sys...14846420.shtml
    Last edited by snowflakesdance; 03-19-12 at 02:08 AM.