Page 34 of 229 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    They are both a huge production company and talent agency. They produce major international blockbuster movies like White Vengeance, The Message, LOVE, etc. Notice that Huayi-managed artistes, after proving themselves and getting accolades in the TV-drama world (like Zhou Xun, Li Bing Bing, Fan Bing Bing, LYF, HXM, FSF etc), seem to move on the the big screen more smoothly as their first movie roles are usually with a major Huayi production.

I'd think Yang Mi's road to movie stardom isn't as smooth. Eddie Peng also had to majorly prove himself in an award-winner like Jump Ashin before he reached a major Huayi movie (LOVE).
    I have always dream that Wallace will sign up with Huayi to get to do movies...but he is a free lancer and he likes to make decision on his own, so it's a hopeless dream.

I wonder how hard it is to sign up with Huayi, because I know lot of actors and actresses signed up with Huayi at the start then, when they get famous they leave Huayi. I dont really get why.

Is that true that YM gets a bit arrogant after Gong? She only wants to do movies now somebody said.
    I am not a fan of FSF either, but I think he is really lucky after Gong though. He gets to work with Vicky Zhao, Shu Qi in movies...how I envy that. I want Wallace to go to Caines to promote his movies sometimes in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by tobemela View Post
    Here is the latest source of news on SOD:

I'm so tempting to go there but first of all I need to find out where it is $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/e9/sk_org.gif') I don't know how valid is this news though....

From March 24 to April 30 SOD will be filmed in the Jinyun Xiandu scenic area. For the list of casts can refer to the new version XAJH. I want to go home......to see Wallace Huo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    @GaraDara本尊 : 【2012年3月24日至4月30日期间,电视剧《笑傲江湖》将在缙云仙都景区拍摄。演员表可查“霍建华版 《笑傲江湖》”。】我要回家啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊 啊啊啊 @胖到发起来的羊 你要不要去围观?!!!霍建华!!!!!!
    Wow that is more than a month there. I wonder if they will film in Hangzhou too.

FSF signed with Hua Yi because Ady An pursued him...I think HY more care with mainland actresses/actors FBB.Li Bing Bing ,Zhou Xun,HXM,FSF all are mainlander ....but not good enough for taiwan/HK actresses/actors exp ady an,alec su,Fann wong ,Shone An (comic boys) and Ruby Lin (who signed with HY and quit not long after that) etc...
    Last edited by Denisseluv2011; 03-19-12 at 04:19 AM.

Jinyun Xiandu scenic area made an announcement today. It said due to XAJH will be filmed in this area during March 24th to April 30th, it will cause inconvenience to the tourists because some areas will be closed.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/64d6db7agw1dr513mszzfj.jpg')

Xiandu is a beautiful place, particularly in the early morning. I baidu it but it seems the place isn't easily assessable. This is more like Cliff of Contemplation with the small cave.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/a22eaa36gw1dr5enxxn3gj.jpg')

Wow this area looks so beautiful and peaceful. Looking at this year dramas, there are lots of court dramas, SOD is a very few Wuxia dramas that will be aired this year(?). I hope it will rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    Wow this area looks so beautiful and peaceful. Looking at this year dramas, there are lots of court dramas, SOD is a very few Wuxia dramas that will be aired this year(?). I hope it will rock.
    I hope its going to be this year... how's YZ's post-prod? Is he fast?
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    I hope its going to be this year... how's YZ's post-prod? Is he fast?
    He's faster than Tangren. It depends on how fast the channel broadcast his dramas. But I should think SOD would be aired on Hunan TV.
    I ship Shi-Harem

He's faster than Tangren. It depends on how fast the channel broadcast his dramas. But I should think SOD would be aired on Hunan TV.
    Airing on HunanTV, is that good news or bad news? LOL I'm getting impatient. First, Xing Ming Shi Ye (which nobody seems to know when it will be aired - or if it ever will be), then DMY now this

Airing on HunanTV, is that good news or bad news? LOL I'm getting impatient. First, Xing Ming Shi Ye (which nobody seems to know when it will be aired - or if it ever will be), then DMY now this
    Of course Hunan TV is good news when it comes to boosting popularity of a series and its stars. I remember reading that Hunan TV overtook CCTV8 in share of viewership in 2010 (or could be earlier).

Read this:
    http://www.economist.com/node/17522454
    http://www.asiamediajournal.com/article.php?id=089
    http://www.inaglobal.fr/en/televisio...hinese-network

And some research by cfensi blog:
    http://cfensi.wordpress.com/2009/05/...of-chinese-tv/
    Last edited by xiaolong; 03-19-12 at 11:50 AM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Of course Hunan TV is good news when it comes to boosting popularity of a series and its stars. I remember reading that Hunan TV overtook CCTV8 in share of viewership in 2010 (or could be earlier).

Read this:
    http://www.economist.com/node/17522454
    http://www.asiamediajournal.com/article.php?id=089
    http://www.inaglobal.fr/en/televisio...hinese-network

And some research by cfensi blog:
    http://cfensi.wordpress.com/2009/05/...of-chinese-tv/
    thanks for the info

Well, I'd give the series a shot for other casts like Han Dong and Yang Rong (very cute).

I am still a little blown that YSS is playing an awesome role like RYY. I've seen her in 3 roles so far (2 of them "beauty" roles) and she just doesn't captivate my attention nor do I find her likable. I am sort of inclined to believe that if one has a slim face and figure, white skin, and proportionately big eyes--she can be considered a beauty. But I do not agree with this mentality all the time, the proportion and fineness of the features must still fit the face. YSS does not have any dainty features on her face---unlike Yang Mi or even Shi Shi (who I do not consider a beauty but attractive) and I am not saying that these are requisite to make one attractive, but it would help to make feminine face pleasant.

Perhaps YSS can surprise us with her performance in this role. YSS just needs to improve immensely, I'll be frank, I've never believed her at all in her demure innocent angelic roles. I think YSS might have a good face to play cunning roles--angular features and all--and RYY is certainly not an angelic character.
    I like me.

who handles YM? I'm sure if Tangren has bigger budget and much more drive to make it big, they'll do well like how you describe Huayi and their talents above.

*yeah I have that much faith on Tangren
    The thing about TR is that it really should be refered to as "(Glorified) Li Guoli Studio". Almost everything they produce is directed by LGL and managed by Karen. It's really just a means for LGL to create series/movies rather than making profits.

Huayi, on the other hand, is really a large investment company and really focuses more on the business side of things, hence they are able to expand into a major part of the market.

Even Yu Zheng's Studio does a better job than TR in terms of expanding his business.

Quote Originally Posted by Denisseluv2011 View Post
    FSF signed with Hua Yi because Ady An pursued him...I think HY more care with mainland actresses/actors FBB.Li Bing Bing ,Zhou Xun,HXM,FSF all are mainlander ....but not good enough for taiwan/HK actresses/actors exp ady an,alec su,Fann wong ,Shone An (comic boys) and Ruby Lin (who signed with HY and quit not long after that) etc...
    Which is ironic seeing how he managed to break into the movie industry better than she did. But then again, HY tends to be known more for their male stars than their female ones for some reason. I think HY actually signs quite a bit of non-mainland artists, but of course, there will be more mainland artists b/c there are more mainland ones to begin with. But the non-mainland ones tend to have bigger names

I think Hunan TV is probably the most popular for young generations. So for productions that are slightly more "Idolish" like SOD/DMY, Hunan TV will probably generate the most audience and buzz
    Last edited by S Beaver; 03-19-12 at 01:47 PM.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

^ I like the way S Beaver put it--HuaYi is more about business and profit. Therefore, if you're able to give them good returns they will invest in you and give you amazing projects to work with. But if you're relatively unknown, you're probably much better off with TR, who have much fewer artists and therefore really take effort in "raising up" their stars. But also because they are much smaller in scale, they don't have the resources to push their artists in the really big-time market.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    Is that true that YM gets a bit arrogant after Gong? She only wants to do movies now somebody said.
    I am not a fan of FSF either, but I think he is really lucky after Gong though. He gets to work with Vicky Zhao, Shu Qi in movies...how I envy that. I want Wallace to go to Caines to promote his movies sometimes in his life.
    She's never said she will only do movies now--she did say it's always been her dream to break into the movie industry so of course, that's going to be her focus now when the opportunities come. It's the same way for most actors. But she has also said that she is not ruling out TV series if there is a good role that comes by, and it's been rumoured that she will be doing another TV series in the latter half of this year (though now it's unclear if she will actually be acting in it or if this rumour referred to the series she's taking a hand in producing).

I've never gotten an "arrogant" vibe from YM (considering how many supporting and cameo roles she's gladly accepted throughout her career, including now--in fact, she probably has the most "minor" roles among the popular actors--most stick to lead roles after breaking out into popularity but YM said she doesn't want to give up the smaller roles either). However, I would call her ambitious, in terms of wanting to accomplish all her goals and working very hard to do so. (Though I think this is partly due to the fact that she wanted to prove herself after a few rough years in the industry.)

Actually I think both YM and FSF (FSF even more so) have stayed quite humble after the Gong success (they have many times expressed thanks to YZ, agreed to cameo in Gong 2 and never complained when the Gong 2 production tried to mislead viewers by making them out to be the leads, sent lots of support for his newer projects, etc). Same for almost all the other Asian actors who became popular, actually--in fact, in general I find that Asian actors are overall more humble than Hollywood actors (perhaps due to the Chinese culture where humbleness and modesty is viewed very highly?).
    Last edited by mango_cake; 03-19-12 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    I've never gotten an "arrogant" vibe from YM (considering how many supporting and cameo roles she's gladly accepted throughout her career, including now--in fact, she probably has the most "minor" roles among the popular actors--most stick to lead roles after breaking out into popularity but YM said she doesn't want to give up the smaller roles either). However, I would call her ambitious, in terms of wanting to accomplish all her goals and working very hard to do so. (Though I think this is partly due to the fact that she wanted to prove herself after a few rough years in the industry.)
    I'd agree with this. That's why I like her. Because she worked hard to get to where she is and still keeps her feet on the ground.

Xiandu is a beautiful place, particularly in the early morning. I baidu it but it seems the place isn't easily assessable. This is more like Cliff of Contemplation with the small cave.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/a22eaa36gw1dr5enxxn3gj.jpg')
    The third cave looks exactly like how I imagine where LHC be staying for his punishment by his teacher!

More pics of Xiandu. So beautiful! I'm so glad this place is chosen for SOD! There should be a winter scene with snow... don't know how they gonna make it...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/7d6eec4cgw1dr5b5ifr6tj.jpg')

Fan-made poster: DFBB

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/9cd9a3e3gw1dr54q34tk8j.jpg')

So beautiful

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/a22eaa36gw1dr5z6vcknwj.jpg')

So beautiful

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/a22eaa36gw1dr5z6vcknwj.jpg')
    Is this support to be DFBB??? Reading the book DFBB is described as dressing in red, very girly, elegantly, but I never come across of him being described as beautiful. He wants to be beautiful, that is why he is jealous of RYY. But appearance wise DBFF is not beautiful.