Page 35 of 229 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Quote Originally Posted by tobemela View Post
    More pics of Xiandu. So beautiful! I'm so glad this place is chosen for SOD! There should be a winter scene with snow... don't know how they gonna make it...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/7d6eec4cgw1dr5b5ifr6tj.jpg')
    Wow, this is really stunning...truly like "heaven on earth". How come I have never heard of this place before??! Has it ever been used in other series?
    Last edited by mango_cake; 03-20-12 at 07:28 AM.

4 more days to go still no press conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    Is this support to be DFBB??? Reading the book DFBB is described as dressing in red, very girly, elegantly, but I never come across of him being described as beautiful. He wants to be beautiful, that is why he is jealous of RYY. But appearance wise DBFF is not beautiful.
    Yes, this is DFBB. I guess Brigitte Lin has beautified DFBB. Most people when they think of onscreen DFBB Brigitte always comes up first.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Wow, this is really stunning...truly like "heaven on earth". have I never heard of this place before??! Has it ever been used in other series?
    I'm not sure but I baidu it and some of the comments said there are no hotels in Xiandu. This place is harder to access as compared to other scenic spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    This is quite unusual...
    Last edited by tobemela; 03-20-12 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Or Maybe they start filming first before the press conference? Yeah very ununsual. I know some dramas which started filming before they held a Press conference.

News are all over the place now that SOD will kick off on 24th
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/a22eaa36gw1dr6i7464fxj.jpg')

From the news above basically they are the same casts which I updated on my first post a long time ago (I can't use my tobeme account to post anymore unfortunately).

Ling Hu Chong : Wallace Huo (霍建华)
    Ren Ying Ying : Yuan Shan Shan (袁姗姗)
    Dong Fang Bu Bai : Joe Chen (陈乔恩)
    Yue Bu Qun : Huang Wen Hao (黄文豪)
    Yue Ling Shan : Yang Rong (杨蓉)
    Lin Ping Zhi : Chen Xiao (陈晓)
    Tian Bo Guang : Han Dong (韩栋)
    Yi Ling : Deng Sha (邓莎)

Anyway, this morning someone spotted Wallace taking a morning flight to Beijing from Shanghai. He wasn't limping when he walked due to a back pain a few days ago. I guess he is going to Beijing to meet up with the rest of the casts as well as YZ there (so happened all the key casts above live in Beijing except joe Chen in Taiwan). I'm not sure whether they all will have a press conf in BJ or they will all leave from BJ to Xiandu directly with a charter flight.

When people asked Hau Xia Entertainment about the stills today, here is their reply: Please wait patiently. SOD's stills will be out for all of you soon! Please pay attention. BTW - Hua Xia is the company which submitted the SOD application to the broadcast authority at the first place.

@华夏视听环球传媒:请各位耐心等待!笑傲江湖精美定妆照很快大家奉上!请大家一定要密切关注奥@2012 版笑傲江湖后援团: 期待#笑傲江湖#演员定妆照!

Oh, I think I got it! Wallace went to Beijing today not for the press conf, but for the stills! Hope the stills will be out in the next few days!

Still no announcement on who will play Ning Zhong Ze, YBQ's wife. She was very kind to LHC.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/9021a1b6gw1dr6jl3ciapj.jpg')

When people asked Hau Xia Entertainment about the stills today, here is their reply: Please wait patiently. SOD's stills will be out for all of you soon! Please pay attention. BTW - Hua Xia is the company which submitted the SOD application to the broadcast authority at the first place.

Oh, I think I got it! Wallace went to Beijing today not for the press conf, but for the stills! Hope the stills will be out in the next few days!
    I can't wait for the stills of the most handsome LHC in history! HOPE YZ won't mess it up. However, based on people who saw Wallace lately he's still too slim. My hope for him to gain back weight before playing this role has gone in vain. Wonder where did he store all his ice creme, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Wow, this is really stunning...truly like "heaven on earth". How come I have never heard of this place before??! Has it ever been used in other series?
    I believe Xuan Yuan Sword....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/346aip4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/2v1xo28.jpg')

that made me excited! thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
    I can't wait for the stills of the most handsome LHC in history! HOPE YZ won't mess it up. However, based on people who saw Wallace lately he's still too slim. My hope for him to gain back weight before playing this role has gone in vain. Wonder where did he store all his ice creme, lol.
    I've always really imagine LHC as thin (especially since he always gets sick/injured) but yeah it would have been nicer if Wallace gain some weight. He'd look so much better.
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

OMG finally there is some news about SOD. I am soooo excited. I cant wait to see the stills, I hope the costumes will be eye catching...and RYY will be beautiful, keep my fingers and toes crossed.

More Xiandu! This one is posted by Yu Zheng himself

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4827a92djw1dr6pco6lckj.jpg')

i don't see how yz is staying true to the novel if his goal is to make dfbb beautiful. in the novel, dfbb looks like a man...he looks like what all castrated men look like...a man.

anyhow, i'm sure everyone's tired of hearing this over and over again and has already excepted the cast, but this series looks like it has a lot of potential given the scenary and the male cast. too bad the female cast killed it...although i hope i'm wrong since i really want to watch a wuxia series.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    i don't see how yz is staying true to the novel if his goal is to make dfbb beautiful. in the novel, dfbb looks like a man...he looks like what all castrated men look like...a man.
    well, some men can pass as pretty women when dressed up and made up appropriately

though, i suppose DFBB was never described as a beauty. maybe he time travelled and got some plastic surgery done.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    i don't see how yz is staying true to the novel if his goal is to make dfbb beautiful. in the novel, dfbb looks like a man...he looks like what all castrated men look like...a man.anyhow, i'm sure everyone's tired of hearing this over and over again and has already excepted the cast, but this series looks like it has a lot of potential given the scenary and the male cast. too bad the female cast killed it...although i hope i'm wrong since i really want to watch a wuxia series.
    brigitte lin really pretty as DFBB...even she is more prettier than all Ryy cast in all SoD series....
    Last edited by Denisseluv2011; 03-20-12 at 07:49 PM.

Joe Chen just doesn't appear to me as a beauty. I'm glad she plays DFBB and not RYY. Although YSS isn't a pretty girl but she looks prettier as compared with JC. I believe JC will be a wonderful DFBB. If she got it right this time she will definitely make a name in Mainland China.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/a22eaa36gw1dr747ccrqfj.jpg')

LHC belongs to the Huashan sect. This is Huashan, dare to try?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/a22eaa36gw1dr6kjij39ij.jpg')

LHC belongs to the Huashan sect. This is Huashan, dare to try?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/a22eaa36gw1dr6kjij39ij.jpg')
    seriously? that looks scary!

Finally! Some more casts as released by Yu Zheng and Hunan TV:

Wang Lin as Mrs. Lin
    Kou Zhen Hai as Lin Zhen Nan
    Zong Feng Yan as Liu Zheng Feng
    He Jia Yi as Ding Yi
    Zhang Zhuo Wen as Lu Da You
    Lu Jia Rong as Lan Feng Huang
    Tian Yang (?) as Ji Wu Shi
    Zhang Wei Jian as Hei Bai Zi
    Hei Zi as Ren Wo Xing
    Hu Dong as Zuo Leng Chan
    Guo Dong Dong as Gu Tong
    Wang Shuang as Bai Ying
    Cheng Cheng as Lao De Nuo
    Yang Ming Na as Ning Zhong Ze
    Liang Jia Ren as Feng Qing Yang

Joe Chen just doesn't appear to me as a beauty. I'm glad she plays DFBB and not RYY. Although YSS isn't a pretty girl but she looks prettier as compared with JC. I believe JC will be a wonderful DFBB. If she got it right this time she will definitely make a name in Mainland China.
    Hehe, I find Joe Chen has better screen presence and charisma on screen.

She's not really my favourite taiwanese actress but unlike some actresses whose have had a smooth sailing career (e.g. my bb shi shi), her path was pretty rocky to get where she is today.

I donno, but I always thought DFBB was sort of like Lee Jun Ki-ish type of "beautiful". Still, I hope Joe doesn't butcher the character up if the writing's going to be bad...

I wonder if she'll become friends with Wallace since he seems to get quite close with his fellow Taiwanese in mainland.