Page 4 of 229 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    The below Singapore version must be the ugliest LHC ever filmed, I think, with those curly hair wahaha...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.gallopingfilms.com/gf/legendswordB.gif')

i agree with you on the hair X.X but overall it wasnt too bad i think? too bad mediacorp never make shows like that (and of such higher standards) anymore

The investor of SOD is Huaxia Entertainment. According to this SOD should have 40 episodes. Huaxia produced many Jin Yong dramas before and seems a reliable company. They applied for this drama to the relevant broadcast authority in June last year.

As a matter of fact Wallace still has not yet officially confirmed that he will play this role. So far only Yu Zheng announced that he'll be LHC. Keeping my fingers crossed....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/659e1001jw1dprnmb66xvj.jpg')
    Last edited by tobeme; 02-06-12 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    any definite cast yet, so far all I see is guy, who play the female lead
    Nope, Yu still hasn't announced who'll play ryy as well as dfbb.

This is pretty...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/7e7edca9jw1dpks5ev3xgj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    This is pretty...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/7e7edca9jw1dpks5ev3xgj.jpg')
    But that definitely looks like a Zhan Zhao...I suppose wallace would make a decent ZZ, too.

This is Han Dong, probably the most good looking Tian Bo Guang, lol.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6aade503jw1dohb6w5mbfj.jpg')
    OMG! OMG! OMG! True?! True?! True?!

ZOIKS!!!!!!!

mwuhahahahahahaha...what a role...
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post

ZOIKS!!!!!!!

Yu Zheng has confirmed him playing Tian Bo Guang. Unless there is a last minute change, he's definitely in.
    Last edited by tobeme; 02-07-12 at 03:23 AM.

Yu Zheng has confirmed him playing Tian Bo Guang. Unless there is a last minute change, he's definitely in.
    Strangely, I pictured Han Dong as Lin Ping Zhi! I don't want him to be Tian Bo Guang!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Strangely, I pictured Han Dong as Lin Ping Zhi! I don't want him to be Tian Bo Guang!
    Lin Ping Zhi would likely be played by Chen Xiao. I guess it's because LPZ is a teenager in the book. Also, according to the novel LPZ got his look from his mother and he looked feminine. Han Dong doesn't fit that descriptions...

ZOIKS!!!!!!!

Yu Zheng said in his weibo he'll increase Han Dong's screenplay and make his character more humorous.

Yu Zheng said in his weibo he'll increase Han Dong's screenplay and make his character more humorous.
    Thank you thank thank you for the update!!!

What wonderful news to hear! I think Han Dong would be good for any role, however, he is a little too mature in appearance to play LPZ. I think Chen Xiao is a decent pick for that character, actually. I think TBG is a great role to tackle experience wise.

---

I realize I do not sound too coherent above haha. I meant to say that Chen Xiao is the better pick for LPZ looks, age, and appearance wise. Han Dong, while I think is a great actor, has moved beyond being able to be a good fit for young innocent male roles. LPZ is a character that eventually changes, but CX would be more appropriate to capture this transition rather than HD. :T

I realized also that Han Dong will be playing a rapist--okay, an honorable rapist...but still a rapist...and I must say that this should be an interesting role for him. He's played baddies before, see the venomous 9th prince lol
    Last edited by ByTmE; 02-07-12 at 08:52 PM.
    I like me.

cast mode right?

I have to admit, Yu Zheng usually does pretty well in regards to casting, so I'm already super excited about this SOD adaptation. However, I'm keeping my expectations low, very low, since all the hype for ROCH with HXM resulted in disaster.

Thank you thank thank you for the update!!!

What wonderful news to hear! I think Han Dong would be good for any role, however, he is a little too mature in appearance to play LPZ. I think Chen Xiao is a decent pick for that character, actually. I think TBG is a great role to tackle experience wise.

---

I realize I do not sound too coherent above haha. I meant to say that Chen Xiao is the better pick for LPZ looks, age, and appearance wise. Han Dong, while I think is a great actor, has moved beyond being able to be a good fit for young innocent male roles. LPZ is a character that eventually changes, but CX would be more appropriate to capture this transition rather than HD. :T

I realized also that Han Dong will be playing a rapist--okay, an honorable rapist...but still a rapist...and I must say that this should be an interesting role for him. He's played baddies before, see the venomous 9th prince lol
    Yes, HD doesnt suit Lin Ping zhi's look at all... Lin Pinzhi is more feminate type
    I think HD looks good as TBG.. though he is a rapist, he is actually LHC's good buddy, and as u mentioned, an honourable one

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    I have to admit, Yu Zheng usually does pretty well in regards to casting, so I'm already super excited about this SOD adaptation. However, I'm keeping my expectations low, very low, since all the hype for ROCH with HXM resulted in disaster.
    Yeah I like HXM and I love Yang Guo, but his portrayal of Yang Guo was an entire disaster.. Was ROCH filmed by this YuZheng too? Hmm... then better dont expect too much haha

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Yeah I like HXM and I love Yang Guo, but his portrayal of Yang Guo was an entire disaster.. Was ROCH filmed by this YuZheng too? Hmm... then better dont expect too much haha
    Nope, the chief producer for ROCH 2006 was Zhang Ji Zhong. But the hype for this series was unbelievable. Even I was smittened by all the daily juicy details and expected the series to be a masterpiece of acting and martial arts choreography. The budget was huge and the pictures all looked so pretty. The higher up you are, the harder you fall

OMG!! Yu Zheng just revealed that Joe Chen is going to be Ren Ying Ying

WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! WHY?!
    There goes my anticipation for the drama...
    Last edited by JoleCole; 02-08-12 at 03:28 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Joe Chen! I thought he said she wouldn't be RYY! I think I'll only skim through a few episodes when this comes out.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

How can he have 2 taiwanese actors as the main leads for a mainland series? Isn't there a rule that one of the leads has to be a mainlander? Great ... I am totally disappointed that both of the upcoming state of divinity have miscasts for the roly of ryy. To be fair, i only wanted two actresses to land this role so i would have been unhappy more likely than not. But joe chen is a really serious miscast.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    How can he have 2 taiwanese actors as the main leads for a mainland series? Isn't there a rule that one of the leads has to be a mainlander? Great ... I am totally disappointed that both of the upcoming state of divinity have miscasts for the roly of ryy. To be fair, i only wanted two actresses to land this role so i would have been unhappy more likely than not. But joe chen is a really serious miscast.
    I think Yu Zheng got around that rule before in Scheme of Beauty. Ruby was from Taiwan and Samuel Chan was from HK.

On his weibo, he didn't exactly name Joe Chen as Ren Ying Ying. Someone asked who is the main male and female leads for State of Divinity and he answered "Wallace Huo and Joe Chen."
    Need to stop being lazy...