Page 5 of 229 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Check post 16 and post 63, it was already said by Yu Zheng that Joe Chen is not going to be RYY in this drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana6002 View Post
    Check post 16 and post 63, it was already said by Yu Zheng that Joe Chen is not going to be RYY in this drama.
    Apparently, he changed his words again. Cuz this newest info is from his weibo chat an hour ago.

http://www.weibo.com/1210558765/y4xp9iMaO
    Last edited by JoleCole; 02-08-12 at 04:40 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

so no hu ge as linghu chong? both hu ge and wallace make good linghu chong. since wallace didn't confirm the role yet, im wondering if tangren will let hu ge go with this production co? since hu ge schedule is still a mystery.

no words on female leads?

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Nope, the chief producer for ROCH 2006 was Zhang Ji Zhong. But the hype for this series was unbelievable. Even I was smittened by all the daily juicy details and expected the series to be a masterpiece of acting and martial arts choreography. The budget was huge and the pictures all looked so pretty. The higher up you are, the harder you fall
    I wasnt aware of all the hype around ROCH before it was aired. In fact i only watched it much later on youtube, and i still found it a disaster. HXM made Yang Guo appear so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    I think Yu Zheng got around that rule before in Scheme of Beauty. Ruby was from Taiwan and Samuel Chan was from HK.

On his weibo, he didn't exactly name Joe Chen as Ren Ying Ying. Someone asked who is the main male and female leads for State of Divinity and he answered "Wallace Huo and Joe Chen."
    If not RYY, then maybe Joe Chen acts as Yue Ling Shan? Or even Yi Ling?
    Can they be considered as female leads ??

《笑傲江湖》3月开拍,霍建华演男主令狐冲、陈乔恩演女主东方不败,袁姗姗演任盈盈,韩栋演田 伯光,陈晓演林平之,杨蓉演小师妹,邓莎演仪琳。

SoD will start filming in March. Wallace Huo will be Ling Hu Chong, Joe Chen as female lead Dong Fang Bu Bai, Yuan Shan Shan as RYY (YSS is definitely a miscast...). Han Dong will play Tian Bo Guang, Chen Xiao as Lin Ping Zhi, Yang Rong as younger martial sister and Deng Sha as Yi Lin.

**YZ will be filming 2 dramas (Gong 3,Yun Zhong Ge) and 1 movie (Gong:The Movie.) this year. See 《宫锁心玉》 thread for more.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Yu was smart. He said Joe would not be ryy but he didn't say dfbb. I guess we pretty much have the cast fixed.

I'm a bit disappointed with YSS playing RYY. Even though with all the bad comments about her Yu still wants to promo her to be a 'superstar'.

OMG Yuan Shan Shan as RYY? Hmm I also think she is definitely a miscast. She looks too weak to be RYY but I will give her a benefit of the doubt. I won't say anything until she can prove herself when the drama released.

Joe Chen as a DFBB is also a disappointment, surely he can get a male actor to play DFBB nicely...it will make the drama more interesting then letting a female to play this role.

OMG Yuan Shan Shan as RYY? Hmm I also think she is definitely a miscast. She looks too weak to be RYY but I will give her a benefit of the doubt. I won't say anything until she can prove herself when the drama released.

Joe Chen as a DFBB is also a disappointment, surely he can get a male actor to play DFBB nicely...it will make the drama more interesting then letting a female to play this role.
    Agreed. Especially the image of Bridget Lin as dfbb is so deeply planted in people hearts. Joe Chen is nowhere near Bridget beauty.

Yuan Shan Shan is everywhere in Yu's dramas. He has already declared YSS will be showed up for Gong 3.

LOL, Ling Hu Chong is being translated as Make the fox rush. I guess only people who can read Chinese to find this funny....

Translation of names of famous characters in Wuxia world.
    @电影集结号 : 【武侠人名翻译最高境界】李莫愁--Don't worry Lee 李寻欢--Be happy Lee韦小宝--Hi baby 任我行--Let me go 无崖子---No teeth son 乔峰--Look crazy 令狐冲--Make the fox rush 谢逊--Thankson,黄药师--Dr .Huang,张无忌--Whatever zhang,向天问--To ask sky,容嬷嬷--Let me touch touch。
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6e8d23d0jw1dnkh2ikb5gj.jpg')

Am I the only one here who thinks Joe Chen makes a good DFBB? Lol I am no fan of her but somehow I think her chubby face suits a she-male character hee..

I dunno who is Yuan ss but never mind, my main concern is still the handsome LHC haha

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    LOL, Ling Hu Chong is being translated as Make the fox rush. I guess only people who can read Chinese to find this funny....

Translation of names of famous characters in Wuxia world.
    @电影集结号 : 【武侠人名翻译最高境界】李莫愁--Don't worry Lee 李寻欢--Be happy Lee韦小宝--Hi baby 任我行--Let me go 无崖子---No teeth son 乔峰--Look crazy 令狐冲--Make the fox rush 谢逊--Thankson,黄药师--Dr .Huang,张无忌--Whatever zhang,向天问--To ask sky,容嬷嬷--Let me touch touch。
    ]
    Haha this is so funny especially the last one lol

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Am I the only one here who thinks Joe Chen makes a good DFBB? Lol I am no fan of her but somehow I think her chubby face suits a she-male character hee..

I dunno who is Yuan ss but never mind, my main concern is still the handsome LHC haha
    YSS is the female lead in Gong 2.

I'm not surprised YZ chose YSS to be RYY (that was the first name that popped up in my mind, LOL), afterall, she is the #1 and only female star under his company (where Mickey He is the #1 and only male under his company). That's why you mostly see these two either lead or in meaty roles in his dramas. Which is typical of any company (like Tangren) I think.

Luanee, you know who she is. She's the cricket master's (son) wife in Strange Hero.
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 02-08-12 at 06:48 PM.

If Yuan Shan Shan is under Yu Zheng's company then no wonder...just like any company then, even Tangren every of their drama there is Liu Shi Shi and Hu Ge as leads and if there is Wallace he will play second lead.
    I was just wondering and interested why he changed his mind about Mickey He as LHC...
    and hope that he wont mess up the script...since with Wallace in it, and I want a beautiful and logical LHC in this SOD

If Yuan Shan Shan is under Yu Zheng's company then no wonder...just like any company then, even Tangren every of their drama there is Liu Shi Shi and Hu Ge as leads and if there is Wallace he will play second lead.
    I was just wondering and interested why he changed his mind about Mickey He as LHC...
    and hope that he wont mess up the script...since with Wallace in it, and I want a beautiful and logical LHC in this SOD
    Remember Yu mentioned 'someone gave up on him'? I guess he meant Mickey. I'm glad that TR got Wallace as the male lead on Strange Hero.

A nice MV

OH NOOOOOO really YSS as RYY? what the hell? ugh get YANG MI kidnap her, steal her, bribe her i dont care make her as RYY and we will have the best drama of the year. sadness i love SOD and now part of it is gone but thank god he has WH as LHC or else it will be a DISASTER.

Here she is
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee511/jjss08/96ee0160gw1doo9ogyfv8j.jpg')

and here's a picture of her playing the qin...any Ren Ying Ying vibe?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/96ee0160gw1dpovc2yc9bj.jpg')
    Need to stop being lazy...