Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

I hope the deviations work well, and not like Richie Ren and Anita Yuen's version. The cast looks really good, though!

I thought some of the Taiwan deviations were quite meaningful, in terms of character development. Richie didn't seem too engaged with his character though. They had Liu Xue Hua as DFBB :O. Despite her age, she was able to pull off interesting charisma.

Interview with Yu Zheng from the Baidu XAJH forum:

于正:东方爱上了令狐冲  
     片花中的“东方姑娘”确实是东方不败一角。新版在东方不败一角上有了许多扩充,更加丰满。我刻意将原著中 没有说明的前因后果都呈现出来。至于东方不败是否女儿身,这个要观众去看了,我只能说东方不败是以男儿形象 与令狐冲交往的,但看到他与任盈盈在一起很羡慕,虽然“他”看似拥有一切,但最简单的情感却一直求而不得, 所以就把自己想象成了女人。

人物串场   令狐冲被韦小宝上身?   
    侠肝义胆的令狐冲一直在金庸笔下人物中独树一帜,新版中令狐冲由霍建华饰演。但从片花看,令狐冲除了摆造型 就是在与各个女主调情,不是抱着小师妹想东方姑娘,就是与任盈盈深情款款的对望。此外,令狐冲的性格似乎也 有所改变。网友直言:“这难道是会武功版的韦小宝?原著中令狐冲明明很专一,这怎么变成一个都不放过的花花 公子了啊。”

于正:令狐冲本有韦小宝影子   一百个人心中有一百个令狐冲,他从来没有被定格,也没有任何一部影视剧已将他全部表达。我这次更侧重江 湖中人性善恶的刻画,通过该剧,引发人们对人性的思考,所谓的善恶并非绝对的好与坏。而我已经吃透了原著, 我觉得令狐冲本就有许多跟韦小宝相似的地方,所以这次我特别把他的形象往顽皮的方向靠。至于其中几个人的感 情故事,我只能说跟原著不同,但一定会有惊喜,并让观众和书迷满意。

剧情全变   台词没一句是原著的?  
     以往的各个版本,对原著改编都在一定范围内。但从这款片花中看,竟没有一句台词和情节对得上原著。  “ 哇,还看到好多魔幻元素,武打越来越神奇,但剧情怎么好像看不懂了啊,难道除了名字全都变了? ”   剧中还多出一些新人物,比如袁姗姗一人分饰两角挑战两代魔女,任盈盈的母亲雪心是新出现的一个角色,剧 情多出许多原著中没有的桥段。

于正:这些改变金庸很满意  
     剧中的确有很多台词是原著中没有的,设计这些台词我找了许多金学专家做指导。此外,一些台词我还会从金庸 的其他作品中去找,比如任盈盈的一句台词就是赵敏说过的;林平之对小师妹不再是含蓄被动的,而是一开始就有 预谋,是个主动的角色。我对原著已经吃透,发现金庸的许多作品其实是相通的,混合在一起更好看。我并不担心 外界的质疑,因为拍的年代不同,人物的情感表现也不一样,目前所有看过这部片子的人都非常满意。从出品方的 反馈来看,金庸老先生对这些改编也是满意的。

So, DFBB turns himself into a woman because he was jealous of LHC and RYY? Also, LHC is a Wei Xiaobao-style playboy? Is that what Yu Zheng was saying in this interview? Link : http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2001769745

From some of the discussions about this series and leaks from casts, it appears ALL the women are interested in LHC, EVERYONE one of them, from the old nun who likes him so much that she transfers the leadership to him before dying to all the younger nuns.

Even the men who castrated themselves are either jealous of him (Lin PingZhi & Yue BuChun) or likes him (DFBB).

Those may just be wild guesses... but quite funny... I'm gonna try to re-read the translation of the book before watching the series... I forgot alot of the original scenes/plots... I seem to remember more of the older series, the 2001 CCTV series deviated alot from the book.. like the initial adversarial relationship between LHC & RYY.

Though I like the trailer, I hope it's not a remake of the 1998 MediaCorp plot of the love triangle thing between RYY/LHC/DFBB.

Hello all fans of Wallance, I'm just a newbie in this forum, but truly excited about all the posts and the sharings that you have made. Have been following many posts from the beginning, so I kinda know how enormous your love towards Wallace (i.e Tobeme, Hana, fuzzywuzzy, Elarin, and especially Luanee (I read and know what you like most about Wallace, haha).
    I hope to get to know you all here in this forum.

I'm truly looking forward to watching the Swordsman. I think Wallace will give it the best for the expression of the playful charisma as well as the paintful bottom-heart of LHC. I heard it will be on air early 2013 in China. But too bad for me that I'm living in Vietnam, so not sure how long my neck will be stressed out more T_T I'd rather hang myself for waiting ~_~

Besides LCH character, I also totally think that Wallace is 100% suitable for YangGuo (Return of Condor Heroes) >> well, not because that Louis Koo and him are a lil ressemble (in terms of the look - which I really see that they look alike, but Wallace's manner is more manly than Louis)
    It's just because I can see many characteristic features trumble inside this man. He might look a bit passive and introvert, but I don't know why his face always give me a feeling like there are so many things inside him. He is like half-true-hero yet half-vilian; his look shows that there is such a deep, inner anger and hatred inside (not the melancholic lah), yet he still looks very optimistic, very persistent and consistent, and so strong. Especially his facial expression and the manner really show that he is a carefree man, who doesn't care what the heck are norms/tradition/rules/cultures >> for this reason, I think, first of all, he truly fits to LHC character, however I believe he would be a living portrait of YangGuo (if he could act this character)

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    From some of the discussions about this series and leaks from casts, it appears ALL the women are interested in LHC, EVERYONE one of them, from the old nun who likes him so much that she transfers the leadership to him before dying to all the younger nuns.

Even the men who castrated themselves are either jealous of him (Lin PingZhi & Yue BuChun) or likes him (DFBB).

Those may just be wild guesses... but quite funny... I'm gonna try to re-read the translation of the book before watching the series... I forgot alot of the original scenes/plots... I seem to remember more of the older series, the 2001 CCTV series deviated alot from the book.. like the initial adversarial relationship between LHC & RYY.

Though I like the trailer, I hope it's not a remake of the 1998 MediaCorp plot of the love triangle thing between RYY/LHC/DFBB.
    You're right about it. It's more obvious from the second trailer released by CCTV8

Wallace Huo's information site, forum and Facebook: www.wallacehuo.info

^ okay i am not a fan of this whole love rectangle thing going on here. wth?
    also the special effects look wayyyy too fake -_-
    but wallace looks good! lol

^Are you kidding me the special affects and animations look awesome!!!! The best yet done in a Chinese TV drama. I just wish they could of done it to all the other dramas too. Like right now I'm watching Xuan Yuan Sword everything's greag about EXCEPT its special effects and animations. All the Chinese dramas would be a lot better if they had the same qualities as this !! Also, I hope it gets more popular among Asia - interesting teasers and great effects...who wouldn't like?

The CGI's definitely better than XYS, but it's being used way too much for a wuxia series...
    I'm liking Joe Chen's Dongfang Bu Bai!!! She looks gorgeous and appears to be stealing the show from RYY!
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-27-12 at 11:07 PM.

[QUOTE=tobeme;1053975]You're right about it. It's more obvious from the second trailer released by CCTV8

[QUOTE]

Thanks Tobeme. This trailer shows a lot of DFBB with LHC, haizzzz. Joe's role seems to fade the other 2 female leads out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZINAXP View Post
    Hello all fans of Wallance, I'm just a newbie in this forum, but truly excited about all the posts and the sharings that you have made. Have been following many posts from the beginning, so I kinda know how enormous your love towards Wallace (i.e Tobeme, Hana, fuzzywuzzy, Elarin, and especially Luanee (I read and know what you like most about Wallace, haha). I hope to get to know you all here in this forum. I'm truly looking forward to watching the Swordsman. I think Wallace will give it the best for the expression of the playful charisma as well as the paintful bottom-heart of LHC. I heard it will be on air early 2013 in China. But too bad for me that I'm living in Vietnam, so not sure how long my neck will be stressed out more T_T I'd rather hang myself for waiting ~_~ Besides LCH character, I also totally think that Wallace is 100% suitable for YangGuo (Return of Condor Heroes) >> well, not because that Louis Koo and him are a lil ressemble (in terms of the look - which I really see that they look alike, but Wallace's manner is more manly than Louis)It's just because I can see many characteristic features trumble inside this man. He might look a bit passive and introvert, but I don't know why his face always give me a feeling like there are so many things inside him. He is like half-true-hero yet half-vilian; his look shows that there is such a deep, inner anger and hatred inside (not the melancholic lah), yet he still looks very optimistic, very persistent and consistent, and so strong. Especially his facial expression and the manner really show that he is a carefree man, who doesn't care what the heck are norms/tradition/rules/cultures >> for this reason, I think, first of all, he truly fits to LHC character, however I believe he would be a living portrait of YangGuo (if he could act this character)
    Hi welcome here! I am so happy to receive special mention from u hehe...Both Yang Guo and LHC are my favourite JinYOng characters (for obvious reasons)... now half of my dream has come true, i dare not dream about the other half Hope to see u around !!

Hi, i'm a newbie here, nice to meet you all. I really love LHC and RYY couple. They are one of my favorite couple. I have already watched 1996, 1999 and 2000 version but I think LHC in this new one is so handsome.

Thanks for posting the 2nd trailer. I can guess much more about Yu Zheng's script from the 2nd one. I don't mind if he changes the script as long as it's believable since I find it's just too boring to watch a drama and we know everything about it already.

Really looking forward to watching this drama (at least, for all those eye-candies out there)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Hi welcome here! I am so happy to receive special mention from u hehe...Both Yang Guo and LHC are my favourite JinYOng characters (for obvious reasons)... now half of my dream has come true, i dare not dream about the other half Hope to see u around !!
    Yah yah, the special mention is bcos we have a common hobby, hahaha.

Yes agree with you that Yang Guo and LHC are my most favorite JY characters. Well, I also love Kieu Fung as well, but his character is different than the rest of leading characters. So..

If in the past, Li Ya Peng and Huang Xiao Ming can act 2 JY characters, then why can't we live up with our dream :-)

Yahhoooo :-)
    Last edited by ZINAXP; 11-29-12 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy1 View Post
    Interview with Yu Zheng from the Baidu XAJH forum:

于正:东方爱上了令狐冲  
     片花中的“东方姑娘”确实是东方不败一角。新版在东方不败一角上有了许多扩充,更加丰满。我刻意将原著中 没有说明的前因后果都呈现出来。至于东方不败是否女儿身,这个要观众去看了,我只能说东方不败是以男儿形象 与令狐冲交往的,但看到他与任盈盈在一起很羡慕,虽然“他”看似拥有一切,但最简单的情感却一直求而不得, 所以就把自己想象成了女人。
    okay, looking back on this interview YZ actually uses the term "想象", as in DFBB imagines himself to be a woman....? i don't understand...maybe (hopefully) it's all in his imagination! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    okay, looking back on this interview YZ actually uses the term "想象", as in DFBB imagines himself to be a woman....? i don't understand...maybe (hopefully) it's all in his imagination! hahaha
    He probably meant DFBB is a man but hopes he is a woman so that he can get the love he wants. Remember DFBB keeps YLT as a toyboy because he resembles LHC.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/4569a9b8gw1dz5cafspplj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4d3ea1d7jw1dt1dyq5ogmj.jpg')

Hi Tobema, i have some questions which i think u might know the answers
    1. I heard that Wallace hired his own stylist for his character in XMSY. Wondering if he also did this for other characters as well? Like Li Jing, Xu Jiang Quing, and Li Ge Xiu, cos i see these characters have also the same hair style (and is similarly to his latest character in XMSY when he wears the Ming outfit)?
    2. Is that correct that it is reported that Wallace records his own voice in Swordsman? When i watch the trailer, i feel it is kind of his voice. But honestly i cannot tell, since i am not Chinese

so this series is going to be airing beginning of the new year? man the states should bring back the international channel, where they would show chinese wuxia series english subs each week.