Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSourSalt View Post
    Qiao Feng is Khitan, and Khitan people symbolize as the WOLF because they are strong as fighter and warrior.

What do you mean because they are the same? The CGI of the WOLF is made by the same person? It sorta look like it.

Wolf in Xiao Au Jiang Hu? When? I should watch the TVB version again to look for them wolves.
    The wolf is the same because the footage is the same.

As for the TVB version, you will not find a wolf there. Such a scene does not exist.

I was referring to the wolf battling scene in this adaptation.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-10-13 at 04:03 AM.

woah...as february coming..the thread become alive again....yes I like to see him smile in XMSY but I think the melancholy caharacter suit him more..hehehe...well after the Beauty without tears I began Yuan Shan Shan fans...so I like the pairing (although many people still don't)..hope that she can deliver her role well...can't wait for Han Dong and Chen Xiao too....full with eye candy..yess... can't wait till the airing...although have to watch without subs with my little mandarin...sigh..
    Last edited by renren; 01-10-13 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by State of Divinity View Post
    The wolf is the same because the footage is the same.

As for the TVB version, you will not find a wolf there. Such a scene does not exist.

I was referring to the wolf battling scene in this adaptation.

So the director of this series have co operated with the other director of the demi semi series?
    Cause the footage of the WOLF do look very similar alike, even at the angle of where the wolf are at is almost exact same.

Concerning the wolf scene, I believe they are stock animation files lifted off of the internet. I've seen something similar in a few games. Stuff like that can get a company sued, if not handled correctly, though. 3d modeling software such as LighWave 3D will allow one to manipulate them and when coupled with a green screen, one can do all sorts of tricks, such as filghting with wolves or adding scenic backgrounds such as rain/snow/fire/etc. In the old days, there were only a few special effects companies, but now, they are plentiful because the software are everywhere and GPU-based processing is affordable... People can do the work from their homes & upload the finished segments.

This adaptation is interesting in that RYY is only suppose to come out much later part of the book... and DFBB has a few of the scenes that were suppose to between LHC & RYY.

If you have a chance, you might consider watching the 2000 MediaCorp one w/ Steve Ma & Fann Wong version as well as the 1996 TVB one w/ Jacky Lui & Fiona Leung. This adaptation seems to borrow a few of the same "deviations" from the JY novel.

Yes the software is amazing but the two wolves here look almost exactly the same.
    Couldn't they just thought of drawing a different wolf design? Why the same thing? Even the size of the two wolves seems the same.

Please pause at 1 : 05 and 7:55 to compare for yourself
    These two series are a major production right? Imagine if Jin Yong saw these two wolves.

Last edited by SweetSourSalt; 01-10-13 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSourSalt View Post
    Yes the software is amazing but the two wolves here look almost exactly the same.
    Couldn't they just thought of drawing a different wolf design? Why the same thing? Even the size of the two wolves seems the same.
    You keep saying they look the same. They are the same. Because the trailer editing team of DGSD were cheap so they borrowed the clip from XAJH production. Or as someone mention here earlier, it's probably lifted from a stock CG sample. But I still feel this wolf was created specifically for XAJH, as originally shown in the old trailer months ago. And because from what we know, in this new XAJH there is a fighting scene involving these wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by szfong
    This adaptation is interesting in that RYY is only suppose to come out much later part of the book... and DFBB has a few of the scenes that were suppose to between LHC & RYY.
    The first half of the series will feature LHC and DFBB together, with some scenes that was suppose to be for RYY given to DFBB. However, when RYY appear, I believe Yu Zheng will give her some new scenes between her and LHC that is not in the novel. To balance things out in term of character development. We will just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-10-13 at 11:04 PM.

TVB use to and probably still re-use stuff, CGI/music/etc between their series.. But they do it in-house most of the time, but that's changing...

HunanTV and various stations nowadays are so interlinked, owned by the same people, for hidden tax reasons, of course with production companies that they have the same people doing the post-production work.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were post-produced by the same companies or a so called sub contractor... You scratch my back, I scratch yours kind of thing....

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were post-produced by the same companies or a so called sub contractor... You scratch my back, I scratch yours kind of thing....
    I think this is a highly likely scenario.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-10-13 at 11:40 PM.

You can listen to the soundtrack here: Click!

Omo...can't stop listening to the opening song..it is so addictive..listening to Wallace huo's voice....could some one post the english sub from the song..i only understand very little part ..sigh....
    Actually the cast that I don't prefer previously is JC because I am not her fans in modern drama..but after watching the beauty..i think she is pretty in period drama or wuxia costume.....

Hey! That shot with DFBB standing at a podium before her minions and ribbons of red shot in the air - is that copied from a scene in the game? It looked way better (more grand) in the game but I guess it is hard to film in real life.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

they should've let dong fang bu bai have the bridget lin look from swordsmen, head gear etc, or even one used in state of divinity 2000 with richie ren. the current one looks more like european style or from a video game. can't wait for this series to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Hey! That shot with DFBB standing at a podium before her minions and ribbons of red shot in the air - is that copied from a scene in the game? It looked way better (more grand) in the game but I guess it is hard to film in real life.
    Yu Zheng is combining every single XAJH adaptation of the past into this one, series, movies and game.

The trailers are indication of that.

Yu Zheng is combining every single XAJH adaptation of the past into this one, series, movies and game.

The trailers are indication of that.
    I wonder if Yu Zheng is going to copy LHC and DFBB's fight in the forest cos it was visually specular in the game wih DFBB gracelly moving like a red mist!

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I wonder if Yu Zheng is going to copy LHC and DFBB's fight in the forest cos it was visually specular in the game wih DFBB gracelly moving like a red mist!

He is. There's a scene from the trailer where LHC and DFBB fly towards each other in a forest. And yes, DFBB flies in red with red shadowy-mist. Yu Zheng is really putting all the XAJH adaptations together.

He is. There's a scene from the trailer where LHC and DFBB fly towards each other in a forest. And yes, DFBB flies in red with red shadowy-mist. Yu Zheng is really putting all the XAJH adaptations together.
    Do you think "Yu Zheng" will be giving credits to the various series & film adaptations, as well as the games... that he uses for most of scenes/plots ideas??...

Do you think "Yu Zheng" will be giving credits to the various series & film adaptations, as well as the games... that he uses for most of scenes/plots ideas??...
    Probably not. But I think anyone who's been following along anything XAJH related will know who did what first.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i47.tinypic.com/30ksfgj.jpg')

Probably not. But I think anyone who's been following along anything XAJH related will know who did what first.
    I think the only person he'll gives credit to is Jing Yong, and if he pays him enough, he'll endorse the adaptation. I remember Jing Yong saying HK producers were paying him "peanuts" or not at all, just promises.

I think the only person he'll gives credit to is Jing Yong, and if he pays him enough, he'll endorse the adaptation. I remember Jing Yong saying HK producers were paying him "peanuts" or not at all, just promises.
    Indeed, the trailers have already done that. Rightfully so.

As for HK producers not paying him enough, that explains the ban on TVB for future adaptation. Assuming what I recall hearing was true. On the topic of the endorsement, I think I read that Jin Yong approve of this adaptation, I now wonder if that's wholeheartedly or out of high payment. Anyway, the fans of the novel knows which one is the most truest adaptation in term of story, SOD 96. Whether the author himself may approve of it or not.

With that said, let's hope Yu Zheng can deliver a watchable series next month.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-13-13 at 06:08 AM.