Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tales of Vengeance

Default Re: Update! Update! Update, ohhhhhh please!

Originally posted by Melanie
    At least kidd is only up to chapter 8 and still has a ways to go. I read all of your chapters in one sitting and now I am here all lonely and in despair because no one would update Tales of Vengeance! Where is that WK??? She promised me to update about three weeks ago! I may have to get on a plane and hunt the trio of authors down. Nobody writes such a good story and then stops updating and gets away with it! Heheh...
    Try me! I have even better Qing Gong than Little Dragon Girl! :
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

To Kidd,

My strength isn't in fighting scenes so there are some contradicting or mistakes on my part, . Thanks for point them out. But yeah, Lin Hong Ye was the one who shaved the eyebrows. Writers can always go back and edit or revise their novels can't they? We have a live model...e.g. JY. Besides, all the chapters we've written haven't gone through revisions and proofreading yet, so there's bound to be mistakes.

Mel, I have work and school, so boohoo, you'll have to wait ten more weeks if you keep complaining, if you want it updated sooner, sit quietly and wait or else!!!!

Charbydis, PM and talk to you laters, I have to go back to my hw. Adios!
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 11-10-03 at 11:26 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Originally posted by Suet Seung
    But yeah, Lin Hong Ye was the one who shaved the eyebrows.
    If this is the case, Lin Hong Ye is really one unreasonable girl. The trouble is caused by her in the first place and she is blaming Miao Ting Feng for her broken bracelet.

Maybe she's just using the broken bracelet as an excuse to follow Miao around. If this is her plan, then I don't mind her antics. It's rather funny too.

But if she really thinks it's Miao's fault that her bracelet is broken, then I don't like this girl. She herself is to be blamed for the broken bracelet, not Miao.
    Last edited by kidd; 11-12-03 at 12:45 AM.

The Three Tigers already hinted that Lin Hong Ye was the culpit when they grabbed her and said she is what they they came for.

I think Lin Hong Ye just doesn't want to admit she was the one who broke her mother's jade bracelet because it was so dear to her and blamed it on Miao Ting Feng for not protecting her successfuly just to make herself feel better. It is a normal physiological defence mechanism, but I think she followed him around because she had a crush on him. I have no idea, ask WK!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Question on Chapter 11: A Business Matter by Goofy

1. Why does Chen Gu Xing act like a constable/police in that town? Is he really one?

Originally posted by kidd
    Question on Chapter 11: A Business Matter by Goofy

1. Why does Chen Gu Xing act like a constable/police in that town? Is he really one?
    No, Chen Gu Xing is not a constable. He is a righteous man and cannot turn a blind eye to crimes happening in front of him and will punish the crime doer according to the crime they commited. The rapists were killed, and Lin Xiu Lan was punished.

He believes that with all the bad things happening, he can at least do a bit of good in the world. Thats why he helps Miao Ting Feng and gets along with him.
    Cyril Connolly

Just finish chapter 20 (and skim chapter 25 to see what the scholar did next). I really enjoy reading the part of Lin Xiu Lan and the scholar. Initially, I do not like the scholar's deception. He didn't just use a false name. He create a whole false persona (a bumbling, innocent scholar), with a false personality. I found him to be too deceptive for my liking. I was afraid he would use this 'innocent scholar' personality to manipulate Xiu Lan and try to change her and if Xiu Lan later fall for him, it will be for 'the innocent scholar' not the for the real him.
    But after reading more of their interaction, I began to like him for his genuine care for Xiu Lan. The fact that Xiu Lan sometimes took him by surprise (like the time she managed seal his pressure point and take his clothes), shows that he can't predict and manipulate Xiu Lan everytime. And this makes him and Xiu Lan have a more equal footing. If he can predict Xiu Lan's every move and still acted surprise all the time, this will be too much deception and the development of their relationship will be unhealthy (will he ever respect Xiu Lan if he can predict her action and manipulated her all the time?). I think he shows genuine surprise with Xiu Lan's last act.
    Personally, I don't like all this pretense in his and Xiu Lan's relationship. He might have a very good reason. I would leave this for the author to reveal. But I hope he will show more of his true personality as the story goes. I don't want him to have an upper hand and pull Xiu Lan's strings like a puppet all the time. I don't like this kind of relationship. I always feel angry for the person's whose strings are being pulled. If I were Xiu Lan, I would feel like a fool after I know the truth.

Talking

Heheh, Kidd, it will all be revealed in due time. I would just advise you to not hold onto preconceptions and opinions of all the characters in TOV. All is not what it seems.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Hi, Suet Seung,

It is unavoidable that a reader will form preconceptions and opinions about the characters in the story he/she read. If I have no opinions at all about your characters, that means u have failed as an author. Precisely because I'm interested in your story that I will form opinions about your characters.
    I did say that he might have a very good reason. He might not even be that powerful masked guy who secretly save Xiu Lan for all I know.
    So, I will hold on to my opinions of him until further updates to show me otherwise.

Regards,
    Kidd

Talking

Kidd, Eitherway...stay neutral with your opinions because you never know how in the beginning you could be disliking a character, then all of the sudden because of an incident you find them not too bad of a character...I sure learnt my lesson when I watched that TV series on WB "One Tree Hill" I thought that Brooke girl was a total witch and cared nothing but herself, but in the next episode, she turned a new leaf and right her wrongs and even be there for her friend. Totally changed my perceptions.

Well, I'm nearly finished with writing Chapter 27 but I have to get back on track with my school assignments so I could not continue with what I wrote weeks ago, like Melanie had mention...hee--hee--

Suet Seung,

Nothing's wrong with disliking a character at first and change one's opinion later. . I dislike Roger Kwok's character in NJAPF at first but like him later on after he change for the better. I never regret disliking him at first because he is a dislikeable character then. My opinion regarding a character change all the time according to the material presented to me at the time.
    I'm sure the writer of that "One Tree Hill" series want u to hate that Brooke girl at first and like her later because if he/she want you to like that girl from the start, he/she won't make her such a b**** in the beginning.
    I might change my opinion on the scholar as the story goes, but I won't regret my current opinion on him.

Hope u update soon.

BTW, I glad to know that the scholar will have good reasons for his deception. I'm kinda annoyed with him for pulling's Xiu Lan's strings now but I do like him because of his genuine care for Xiu Lan.
    Last edited by kidd; 11-13-03 at 08:48 PM.

Just finished Chapter 25: Evil People, Dark Scheme. Now I'm very interested in Fu Ba Kong Qi and Ah Feng's story.
    I don't know why, but I don't like the Ah Feng/Zhao Ning pairing from the start. I very much prefers Ah Feng/Qing Ru Yan.

You are great charbydis,

I've finish reading chapter 26 and u actually succeeded in making me like Princess Zhou Ning. Now I don't mind that Ah Feng end up with Zhau Ning, though I still prefers Qing Ru Yan.

Ah Feng reminds me of Shi Poh Tian. Shi Poh Tian also always say my mother said this, my mother said that.

Originally posted by kidd
    You are great charbydis,

I've finish reading chapter 26 and u actually succeeded in making me like Princess Zhou Ning. Now I don't mind that Ah Feng end up with Zhau Ning, though I still prefers Qing Ru Yan.
    Thanks, but why? And how did you get the idea who Ah Feng is going to end up with? (Zip......zipping lips not telling not telling!)
    Cyril Connolly

I didn't know who Ah Feng's going to end up with. But since he is in love with Zhao Ning now, there might be a chance he ends up with her. Shallow guy. The only reason he fell for her is because she's beautiful.
    Haha, I know I shouldn't be too hard on him, since all wuxia heroes fell for beautiful girls, and what guy don't like beautiful girls?.

I can't pinpoint exactly why I like Zhau Ning better after reading your chapter. I just do. She just seems less of a weakling and less annoying. But I can't pinpoint where in your chapter that shows her to be stronger. I'll tell you when I figure it out.

Thumbs up

Some words of encouragement---

Go you three good ladies!!!

Wow this story is really good. keep it up and update soon.

Originally posted by hello me
    Some words of encouragement---

Go you three good ladies!!!

Wow this story is really good. keep it up and update soon.
    Hey cool. You said what I was thinking

Go you three good ladies!!
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Talking Good News!

Good news people! I've finally completed writing Chapter 27 for you all. The long awaited chapter is almost here, it's a very long chapter....so I hope there is no confusion for you readers. I can't post it now because my two other partners must read it first and say their ok. Cuz I wrote some on their characters. So go attack them with your nice gesture of nagging.

I'm fighting the temptation to post immediately too.

nag nag nag...

(how do i nag?)