Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tales of Vengeance

Default Two toes up!

Well Suet, as promised (kinda) I've read the whole of ToV - well as far as I possibly can until someone posts up the new chapter (winkedy wink ) - gotta say I'm impressed so far, though one wonders - where is the story heading? will the vengence side be developed more? or will the love and politics be the main focus?

Anyway, just an observation though, it seems to me that the readers comments mostly center around the question of who ends up with who and who they like or dislike - wouldn't they be better focusing on what actually happens in the story themactically rather than who happens to make a better pair? (just my spare change)
    Last edited by MYF; 12-21-03 at 02:55 PM.

Arrow Chapter 27: Uninvited Guests and Growing Suspicions

To Charbydis and Goofy, I hope you don't mind that I've posted it anyway, the tempation to post it was too great.

Readers, here is the long awaited update, the chapter is fairly long so read and enjoy. My apologizes if it confuses you at all.
    Feed back is welcomed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 27: Uninvited Guests and Growing Suspicions

With its unmatched beauty of illumination, the moon hung proudly in the night while the stars shimmered and flickered wildly with envy. The streets were empty except for a few drunks, gamblers, and passersby-- mostly men who were gradually lured into the brothels by loose women. Among the five, Lin Hong Ye stayed behind to accompany Kao Xiao Feng and Zhao Ning at a small tavern while Miao Ting Feng and Chen Gu Xing went ahead to Chen Manor.

The two sworn brothers watched cautiously on a roof of the neighboring mansion until a group of guards had passed by and with graceful agility like that of a cat, the two of them leaped from roof to roof to finally arrived at the study. Earlier that day, the brothers had to bribe a servant of the Chen Manor to pry any news of their sister and the scholar. However, the servant had not heard of any captured prisoners in Chen Manor. They decided then to ask about Chen Zheng Ren’s whereabouts that night and were told he would be in his study. With luck perhaps, Chen Zheng Ren would indirectly lead them to where their sister could be held captive.

Gently, Miao Ting Feng and Chen Gu Xing each lifted a piece of the ceramic roof tiles and peered in. Without a doubt, Chen Zheng Ren was sitting comfortably at his desk, busily reading a letter, when his keen ears sensed that he was not alone.

“Whose there? Present yourself,” Chen Zheng Ren commanded while he brought the letter close to the flames of the candle, intending to destroy the secretive document before anyone can lay eyes on it.

The old housekeeper about twenty-five years older than him wobbled into the room and announced, “Master Chen, two men and their servants would like to have a word with you.” The old housekeeper said it with the utmost unease tone; for he knew Chen Zheng Ren did not like guests who come uninvited. His elderly eyes looked over at the burning paper within the large bronze bowl sitting on the cherry-wooden desk and quickly withdraw his stare knowing the letter contained important information that can not be seen by others.

“Housekeeper Liu, who are they and what business do they wish to discuss with me?” Chen Zheng Ren asked while he looked onto a map of the palace.

While on the roof, the brothers listened intently for any word of their sister, only to witness some family issues.

“They are debt collectors of the Thousands Fragrance brothel, they’ve come to collect Young master Chen’s debt,” Housekeeper Liu reported. Chen Zheng Ren sighed tiredly before he ordered the housekeeper to invite the guests into the main hall and send for his son.

The two debt collectors in their wait at the main hall marveled at the many pieces of antique vases and statues. Not long after, Chen Sheng Tian waltzed into the room wearing only a cape to conceal his white underclothes. A maid came in quickly and served each man a cup of hot tea. When she arrived by Chen Sheng Tian’s side, he released a big yawn, for she was just a plain looking maid. Seeing how Chen Sheng Tian is completely oblivious towards the trouble that is coming to him, after the two debt collectors from Thousands Fragrance brothel exchanged looks and chuckled loudly because they knew they would leave with hands full of what they came for.

At the sound of Chen Zheng Ren clearing his throat, the two men immediately rushed to their feet to greet him. Housekeeper Liu later joined his master’s side after he had retrieved the items he was told to bring with him to the main hall.

“What business brings you all to my humble home at this hour of the night?” He asked with a grim and darkened expression on his face, trying his best to keep himself composed in front of the guests, even if they were people of very low status.

The two men nudged each other for one to speak and finally one of them hesitantly spoke. They started introducing themselves and their reason for being at the Chen Manor and ended their rambling with a “and so Mister Chen, I hope you can give us what is rightfully due to the Thousand Fragrance and we’ll gladly be on our way.”

“Very well,” Chen Zheng Ren said as he gestured Housekeeper Liu to open the wooden box he had held in his hand. The debt collectors’ eyes opened wide, expecting to see the box filled with gold and silver taels or at least a stack of cheque. Instead a letter written to Chen Zheng Ren with a stamped seal from Judge Su was presented to them. The two men looked at each other in confusion, pondering what was happening. Chen Zheng Ren sipped his tea and coldly spoke,” This is a letter from Judge Su expressing his great gratitude. He has given his word that no matter what favor I should ask of him, he would fulfill it. Go to the owner of your brothel and tell him that unless my son’s debts are quickly forgotten, I will ask Judge Su to close down the brothel permanently!”

With such a surprising and shocking result, the two debt collectors were still trying to absorb the information. After many seconds had gone by, they left slowly until they reached the front doors and ran speedily as their legs could carry them. Chen Sheng Tian got up from his seat and laughed at the men disappearing from his sight.

“Who exactly did those debt collectors think they are showing up at Chen Manor? What were they thinking? No one comes to the Chen family and demand debts from us. Father, you sure have showed them a lesson or two.”

Before Chen Sheng Tian could get a chance to dodge, his father slapped him so hard that he fell back unto the floor. Miao Ting Feng and Chen Gu Xing couldn’t help but snicker quietly to themselves.

“Sheng Tian, kneel down before me this instance. You’ve caused me enough disgrace and trouble. If I do not teach you a lesson tonight, I am not Chen Zheng Ren!” He scolded his son without mercy, and added, “Housekeeper Liu, quickly bring me the whipping stick!”

At another end of the Chen Manor, Lin Xiu Lan and the scholar had successfully knocked out the original owners of the guard uniforms and changed into them. Again, Lin Xiu Lan was not quite happy with the largely fitted uniform she had to wear, it made her walk slow and funny like a duck. The Scholar’s uniform fitted him fine except it smelled like dead fish and sweat.

“We have looked in all the possible places, where could that old fart have hidden those two?” Lin Xiu Lan said as she began to get even more frustrated.

“Perhaps, they were not capture at all…” The scholar started to say but changed immediately as Lin Xiu Lan gave him an angry look. “Or perhaps they are not kept here in the manor but elsewhere?”

“You don’t know anything! Let’s go look over there,” Lin Xiu Lan retorted grumpily as she held the loose clothing tightly, just to walk faster. The scholar obediently followed behind her and watched for the real guards.

“Looks like we’ve stumbled upon an interesting play,” The scholar commented as the both of them peered into the newly made holes of the paper window to the main hall.

Back in the main hall, Chen Zheng Ren was busily teaching Chen Sheng Tian a lesson when his wife, Madame Chen came in and protectively wrapped her arms around her son.

“But he’s our only son and heir. How could you have such heart to hit him, just because he likes to enjoy his youth,” Madame Chen said in defense.

“Silence woman, it is your fault that he’s spoiled rotten! A mother who spoils will have rotten children! I should not have listen to your words all these years and now I’ve let you spoiled my son. I must find him a wife to control his behavior! “

“I am not the only person who spoils him…” Madame Chen began to say until she was interrupted from the noise outside.

“There are intruders in the manor!” The two guards shouted loudly, who were the same ones that had their uniforms stolen earlier. They weren’t too happy finding themselves in the wood storage room.

As one guard went to report this to Chen Zheng Ren, he spotted Lin Xiu Lan and the scholar outside. “There they are! Catch them!” The guard charged forth to apprehend them but was blinded instantly by Lin Xiu Lan’s powder.

“Xiu Lan, Come on let’s run!” The scholar shouted as he grabbed the Lin Xiu Lan’s hand and ran forgetting to address her as Miss Lin. They ran until they were stopped abruptly by five guards. The guards’ swords were about to come down on the two when Chen Gu Xing and Miao Ting Feng swooped down and blocked the blades with their swords.

“Brother Chen! Brother Miao! Look! These idiots actually think they can capture us,” laughed Lin Xiu Lan as she stomped on a guard’s foot and punched another one in the stomach.

After leaving the others to busily fight with the guards, Miao Ting Feng quickly and slowly entered the main hall undetected. His eyes locked on the targeted enemy who caused the death of his family. Chen Zheng Ren, despite what was happening outside, continued on bickering with his wife on the parenting of their son.

“Perhaps, you’re right. We should find him a wife, but please don’t hit him. I did carry him for nine months and ten days in order to give birth to him.” She pleaded finally after many disagreements. Chen Zheng Ren then smiled in victory, for he is the man of the house and no wife of his will speak against him.

The sound of Miao Ting Feng’s mocking laughter averted the Chen Family’s attention towards him.

“Who are you? And how dare you come here uninvited?” Madame Chen said in reply.

“I recognize him. He was with those pretty girls in the restaurant some time ago,” Chen Sheng Tian commented.

Chen Zheng Ren gave his son a look which meant ‘keep your silence and do not speak out of place’. He then turned to Miao Ting Feng and asked, “Who exactly are you? You have no business being here.”

“So You do not recognize me. Then perhaps you will recognize the unique craftsmanship of this sword,” he said in a stern voice. The Chen family then removed their attention from him and onto his Faithful Heart Sword.

The craftsmanship of the sword and crest on the sword’s hilt was unmistakably done by the Miao family. Madame Chen’s eyes widen in shock to know that there was still a survivor of the massacre years before. In fear she started to pull her son out of the room until something hard hit them twice on the back, it felt like the wind was knocked out of them, and in an instant she felt immobilized.

“No one is allowed to leave this room until debts are paid off,” Miao Ting Feng said with a burning hatred in his voice.

“What makes you think you can threaten my family’s life? The Miao family may once have been known for their excellence in weaponry craftsmanship, but I doubt their swordplay is enough to defeat anyone other than a common thief.” Chen Zheng Ren said with an arrogant tone.

“A challenge eh? Only a man like you would gamble with your family’s lives. You disgust me! Tonight I will take your life!”

Chen Zheng Ren lifted the tea cup to his lips, expecting the bitter and refreshing taste of his drink to dominate his mouth, when suddenly a gleam of silver caught his eye.

A gust of icy air blew onto his neck - so cold, so unmerciful, that shivers ran down his spine. The tea cup was made of fine ivory, delicately carved so thin that the slightest trauma would shatter it.

But the tea cup did not shatter, and instead, broke into two and dropped into the soft lap of its master as the icy blade sliced through it. Yet even before Chen Zheng Ren felt the boiling tea splash onto his body, the blade was already at his neck. Silent, but swift, the sword was nearing his pulsing neck where his raging blood was preparing to welcome the unwelcome guest.

At that instance, Chen Gu Xing stepped into the room. “Brother Miao, do not kill him yet,” he said in a polite tone.

“What? How can I let this lowly man get away now that he is under my blade?” Miao Ting Feng was surprised at his brother’s remark, yet his eyes never left his target.

“I can not give you my reasons at the moment. However, I assure you after this is all over, I will give you a good explanation. As for now, our sister and the scholar are safe now,” Chen Gu Xing said in reply while Lin Xiu Lan and the scholar entered the room, after the last guards fell to the ground.

Miao Ting Feng in his fury brought the blade closer to Chen Zheng Ren’s neck with a matching flash of fiery anger in his eyes meeting Chen Zheng Ren and finally he loosens the sword slightly as if hesitating to let his prey go.

Clapping his hands in amusement and satisfaction, Fong Ba Kong Qi entered the room and surveyed the faces, then returned his gaze once more upon the scholar’s noble face.

“Fong Ba Kong Qi! You dare come in here, clap your hands and watch while this mongrel threatens me with this piece of steel?” Chen Zheng Ren remarked with such anger, that it seems his veins would pop out any second.

Miao Ting Feng brought his sword closer against Chen Zheng Ren’s neck at such remark.

“Very well, I will join this hunting game and capture myself a bountiful prey,” Fong Ba Kong Qi commented as he clawed his fingers and grabbed Lin Xiu Lan by the neck and arm.

Fong Ba Kong Qi stood taller and overpowering her as she tried in futile to escape his grasp. The scholar’s heart almost fell out as he saw Lin Xiu Lan in harm’s way. He was the first to react and exclaimed, “Let go of her immediately!”

Chen Gu Xing tried to make a move before Fong Ba Kong Qi clicked his tongue twice and shook his head to warn him not to get any closer. Although, Fong Ba Kong Qi was alert of the others’ action in the room, his eyes kept still on the scholar.

“Brother Miao you must release your enemy now. We have no choice, our sister has fallen to enemy hands,” Chen Gu Xing spoke firmly with only the utmost respect in his tone.

“Yes, listen to your brother and do as your told or your sister’s life will cease to exist in an instant,” Fong Ba Kong Qi threatened.

The scholar steps towards Fong Ba Kong Qi, holding a desperate yearn to rescue Lin Xiu Lan and at the same time in fear for her safety while Fong Ba Kong Qi retreated in his steps.

In that moment, Miao Ting Feng with the feeling of anguish, having lost his family once before had rendered him with a wound that has yet to fully recover. In his final decision, he reluctantly withdraws his sword from the enemy’s throat and started to leave the room. He knew he couldn’t lose another sister to the enemy for it would only deepen the grief even further.

Clouded by his thoughts of the past, he let his guard down for Chen Zheng Ren to lunge forward to return the surprised attack and stabbed him in the back. Miao Ting Feng winced in pain from the sword wound which forced him to stumble down onto one knee and used the other leg in support, to keep his balance.
    Then before Chen Zheng Ren could do further harm unto his brother, in an instant, Chen Gu Xing appeared between them, swiftly took Miao Ting Feng’s sword and used the Faithful Heart sword to slice Chen Zheng Ren’s sword in half. This made Chen Zheng Ren who used all his weight into the sword to fall back onto his chair.

“Old man, let go of me now or else!” Lin Xiu Lan demanded as she reached in her shirt for poisoned needles. Then when he continued to ignore her, she used her needles and punctured him in the arm but it was all in vain. The tough Mongolian general looked down at her and smiled mockingly. She hated his face and vowed that she would pay him back for this humility.

Taking hold of Miao Ting Feng’s waist and letting his right arm rest on Chen Gu Xing’s shoulder, he helped his brother get back on his feet. But before, the brothers could get any further, Chen Gu Xing sensed Chen Zheng Ren lunging forward again and turned around quickly with one hand summoning his inner chi to send his palm towards to meet Chen Zheng Ren’s palm. Chen Gu Xing’s quick reflex caught Chen Zheng Ren by surprised, who underestimate did not use his entire inner chi to throw his attack on the brothers. Chen Zheng Ren was then pushed back several feet by Chen Gu Xing’s overpowering chi until Chen Gu Xing released his palm and continued to half carry Miao Ting Feng, who still had a broken sword blade protruded on this back.

Fong Ba Kong Qi seeing that the game was finally over, he released Lin Xiu Lan who then fell into the Scholar’s arm. Fong Ba Kong Qi felt no need to get into this mess any further and allowed the four to leave Chen Manor with freedom and ease.

Meanwhile, back at the small tavern Lin Hong Ye was preparing her bed and Zhao Ning, who was used to people preparing her bed for her, sat on her own bed and stared over at Lin Hong Ye. Zhao Ning was explained to a few days earlier when the three including Miao Ting Feng, Chen Gu Xing, and Lin Hong Ye introduced themselves as Lin Xiu Lan’s sworn brothers and friend. Even so, Zhao Ning continued to become curious of how close the friendship was between Lin Hong Ye and her Mister Lin.

Lin Hong Ye noticing that Zhao Ning was staring at her asked, “What’s the matter, can you not sleep? Are you worried for her…I mean his safety too?” Lin Hong Ye tried to hold back a chuckle as she pictured the mess Lin Xiu Lan had created between her and Zhao Ning. However, equally Hong Ye worried for Zhao Ning’s heart, when she finds out Mister Lin’s true identity.

“It is clear that you care for Mister Miao, but why are you concerned for Mister Lin?” Zhao Ning asked in reply with an ounce of jealousy in her tone.

Lin Hong Ye went over to the table at the center of the room and poured some water to refresh her thirst and hide the tinge of blush in her cheeks from Zhao Ning mentioning of Miao Ting Feng’s name.

“As a friend, I must show some concern for my friends’ safety.” She replied in hope that it would conceal her true feelings for that one person.

Zhao Ning still did not believe her completely and joined Lin Hong Ye at the table to ask more questions when Kao Xiao Feng barged into the room announcing that the other four had returned and was in Miao Ting Feng’s room. The two girls immediately jump to their feet and out the door just as Kao Xiao Feng’s announcement left his lips. Lost in bewilderment, Kao Xiao Feng only followed behind them and was half-heartily glad that he had not told them about Miao Ting Feng’s injury yet for who knew how the girls would react to that.

The three were just outside the room, when they heard a loud “Ah!” from inside. When they entered the room they found Miao Ting Feng sitting on his bed with his back facing Chen Gu Xing, whom stood close to the bed. Chen Gu Xing had just removed the broken sword blade from Miao Ting Feng’s back, which was nearly fatal to his life. Lin Xiu Lan and the scholar looked on and helped with a large bowl of water and box of medicine.

Next, Chen Gu Xing poured on Miao Ting Feng’s back a special powder to keep his brother from losing any more blood and to help seal the wound. Lin Hong Ye rushed to their side and offered to help. While Zhao Ning flinched at the sight of blood and turned to bury her face into Kao Xiao Feng’s arms. After Miao Ting Feng’s wound was bandaged and taken cared, Chen Gu Xing and others decided to let him get some rest.

Lin Hong Ye was overcome with worries that she had not sleep at all that night. When morning came, she immediately got dressed and decided to make some rice soup and check on him. But upon arrival, she found the room empty and went out to look for him.

She finally found him outside at a stone table, drinking wine fervently while punching the hard table with his fist. Miao Ting Feng’s face and lips looked paled but the angry expression on his face did not weaken from the wound.

“Miao Ting Feng, stop hurting yourself! If you continue that, you will tear open your wound!” She exclaimed and rushed to him. And when he did not seem to be listening, she sat down and placed her hands on the stone table and let his fist hit her hands. She let out a cry of pain that made Miao Ting Feng take a step back from where he stood and looked at her absently for one moment.

In the next moment, he took the large of jug of wine on the table, sat down beside her and resumed drinking.

“Stop drinking the wine, it is not good for your condition! “ She said as she struggled to take the wine away from him but he wouldn’t let go of it.

Finally she decided she would solve this problem, her style which had was not going to be nice. She slapped him very hard on the face, that it left a faint red color. Surprisingly the slap in the face stopped him. He looked at her in the eyes with wine still dripping from his lips and took her into his embracing arms.

“Ping Er! I’ve disappointed you! I have failed to kill the enemy last night!” He said as he hugged Lin Hong Ye closely and protectively.

Lin Hong Ye did not know what to do but awkwardly sat there in Miao Ting Feng’s embrace while he talked in drunkenness, mistaking her for someone else. After long while, Miao Ting Feng seems to have sobered up a bit, he slowly released his arms from around her. Once he could see who she was, he jumped to his feet to apologize for his behavior.

“I’m sorry! I did not mean to be disrespectful! Please forgive me, Miss Lin!”

She was speechless and still did not know how to react. A great silence grew between them then finally she opened her mouth to speak.

“I’m not angry at you but I wish to know who is Ping Er?”

There was a short silence before he spoke too, hesitating on whether he should tell her anything about his life or even his past. He then vaguely remembered her blocking his fist with her hands in order to keep him from hurting himself. He remembered her cry of pain and bits and pieces of her struggling to take the wine from him. He opened his mouth to speak again, this time the hesitations seemed to have disappeared.

“Ping Er is a name I used to call my sister, Miao Ping Ping.” And once he told her about his little sister, the words just flowed out from his mouth. He told her everything about the night of the massacre how it had left him an orphan and homeless.

“So what do we have here?” Chen Gu Xing said as he appeared in front of them.

“I was just having a little wine but Miss Lin would not let me have a drop.” Miao Ting Feng said in a jokingly manner.

Lin Hong Ye took the time to wipe the tears that had run down her cheeks while listening to the tragic story. She did not understand how Miao Ting Feng could change his emotion so quickly and pretend it was nothing.

“Brother Miao, you seem a little pale in the face. It is probably a good idea to stay away from wine until you’ve recovered.” Chen Gu Xing said showing a genuine brotherly concern for Miao Ting Feng.

“Miao da ge, see even your brother agrees with me. Do not continue to hurt yourself or else I will ask Xiu Lan to put something in your wine to make it undrinkable!” Lin Hong Ye said and pointed her finger at him to emphasize her threat.

Miao Ting Feng chuckled in reply then said, “Brother Chen, you and Miss Lin sound like old ladies. This wound is nothing compared to what I will do to Chen Zheng Ren, which will be ten folds worse than this.”

“Well, I don’t know about you two, but my stomach is growling from hunger. Let us get some breakfast!” Chen Gu Xing commented and gestured them to move along.

“That sounds like a good idea, Chen da ge! I will go wake Zhao Ning and Xiu Lan.” Lin Hong Ye said as she left the two brothers alone.

When she was out of sight and from hearing distance, Chen Gu Xing turn to Miao Ting Feng and said, “We must have a talk”
    Miao Ting Feng's expression changed suddenly again to a serious look in response.

Then Chen Gu Xing quickly added, “We have to talk with Xiu Lan’s scholarly friend, it seems he knows more than he chooses to reveal to us. Usually, I would not care to pry at people’s secret but last night at Chen Manor, that Mongolian man called Fong Ba Kong Qi looked as if he knew the scholar.”

“So you suspect something as well? Last night, It seemed that Fong Ba Kong Qi had let us leave Chen Manor too easily,” Miao Ting Feng commented with equal suspicions.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 12-22-03 at 04:16 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Talking

FINALLY! I was beginning to forget who's who in your story! Anyway, I don't think the chapter is long enough! It needs to be LONGER! So the scholar is some mysterious person whom the bad guys know, huh? Write more about him! And I want to know how powerful his kung fu is! He certainly appears to be someone who has lots of hidden talents. But I bet he'd still be steamrolled by Xiu Lan, since she is so fiesty. Xiu Lan and the scholar are the comic relief, but Hong Ye and Ting Feng are really the romance in the story. Develop their relationship more and don't forget to throw a handsome prince into the equation to spice up their relationship! I still find Zhao Ning annoying. I don't like her. She's weak and boring.

And where are charby and Goofy hiding! It's your turn, ladies! Come out and do your duty!

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

i agree, more about the scholar!

this is the best story i read so far
    could you please update soon
    i love your poster too.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/382973/jerrysign3.jpg'), '')

miao ting feng is so so so cool and sound handsome.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/382973/jerrysign3.jpg'), '')

come on i cant wait for ever I 'm not patient enough. please it's too good

this cant be the last page right come on

Originally posted by honey nut

this is the best story i read so far
    could you please update soon
    i love your poster too.

miao ting feng is so so so cool and sound handsome.

come on i cant wait for ever I 'm not patient enough. please it's too good

this cant be the last page right come on
    Thanks for the compliments, I'm sure my partners in writing (Goofy and Charbydis) would be happy to hear that you're enjoying our story.

As for who's who on the poster from top to bottom- Lin HongYe, Miao Ting Feng, Lin Xiu Lan, The scholar, and Chen Gu Xing.

We're glad you like it but unfortunately one of us is currently MIA/away for a indefinite time. I don't know when she's coming back or available to update the story. It is her turn to update.

But stay tuned, I'll try to get in contact with one of my co-writers.

Thanks.

-SS

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

ok but hurry up cant wait

please ignore that site under there its nothing

could you guys update soon Im not patient enough the story is just too good , and I dont want to read the other fanfics because it doesnt sound interesting. HURRY UPDATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

THANX

SORRY IF I HAVE TOO MUCH COMMENTS.

I reall like your story please update more please and I also love your poster and my favorite character is ting feng I think thats how you spell his name right he sounds hot
    ~:.i love fanfics.:~:~:.smile.:~

Originally posted by Suet Seung
    Thanks for the compliments, I'm sure my partners in writing (Goofy and Charbydis) would be happy to hear that you're enjoying our story.

As for who's who on the poster from top to bottom- Lin HongYe, Miao Ting Feng, Lin Xiu Lan, The scholar, and Chen Gu Xing.

We're glad you like it but unfortunately one of us is currently MIA/away for a indefinite time. I don't know when she's coming back or available to update the story. It is her turn to update.

But stay tuned, I'll try to get in contact with one of my co-writers.

Thanks.

-SS
    i am here but i am at uni from 8 to 6 everyday and have no time to update. Sorry, guys.

i think it is goofy's turn to update.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

you girls must have alot of ideas and great one too. keep it up and update soon please.

Looming where light doesnt shine and darkness doesn't blacken

I have just read upto the recent chapter and can't wait for the up coming The story is intriguing yet simple in my point of view
    Please update soon....This story is getting me at the tip of my seat.

This is the best Fanfic i read so far. I don't know how you guys come up with those ideas well..keep up the good work.

(I'm trying to be patient since its a week of holiday but i don't think i can stand the suspence when school reopens )
    To live life like a dream is rare. To let it happen in reality is even more rare.

Smile

Hi, Suet, charby, and Goofy. I am waiting anxiously for the next update to find out what happens to Ting Feng and Hong Ye's romance. I know you are all busy, but perhaps whoever is free could update rather than waiting for the writer who is next in line to update? That way, all your devoted readers won't have to spend their time gnawing on their fingernails until the next chapter. Or perhaps you could recruit at least one more writer into the group? Hope to see the newest chapter soon. Take care.

hello everybody , this is only my forth ime being in specnet and This is also the first story that I have read so far. I love everything of this story from top to bottom. Also nice poster.
    Keep it up girls. please update soon.

Originally posted by Giggly
    hello everybody , this is only my forth ime being in specnet and This is also the first story that I have read so far. I love everything of this story from top to bottom. Also nice poster.
    Keep it up girls. please update soon.
    Thanks. I've emailed Goofy and she is currently still out of reach. But readers, don't worry, Charbydis and I will work something out soon. So please stay tuned.

plz update soon...can't wait!!!

hi there again i have notice that it seems like no one have update this story for a very long time

hope that one of you girls can update soon
    please don't stop writing yet