Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What does it take to defeat the Nameless Sweeper Monk?

Duan Yu's real father also commented that there's no match under heaven for his family's 6MSJ when MRF was conspiring with him.

Default .

Originally posted by ChronoReverse
    Duan Yu's real father also commented that there's no match under heaven for his family's 6MSJ when MRF was conspiring with him.
    Well, again DYQ (Dy's real dad) most probably did not even know of the existance of Xiao Yao Pai.

But to give proper credit to 6MSJ, when Xiao Feng first saw 6MSJ in action, he himself wondered if he could defeat that technique.
    But he was not 100% sure, so although it was powerful enough to give Xiao Feng thought, it wasn't all invincible.

ok even though i think 6msj is powerful. to be fair i must say in dgsd, 6msj,yjj,xiao yao pai and 18 drgon palm, lin buo, and bei min are the top kunfu's and none can over beat each other, only the practinoer can prove who's beetr with wat simply becos there all so good and too close to separate, also i would like to conclude xiao yao sect is the most powerful sect of jy universe followed by shaolin.

i think i made a fair assumption so if u disagree post a reply.

also i would like to say how the f**k can the duans lose 6 mai if it's an royal maual of dali, i think one of the kings must oif being a stuff up and somehow lost it and only poor yi deng with yi yang zhi, i think it was through dugu,huang sen era when it happened.
    Last edited by Tian Cai; 09-18-03 at 12:54 AM.

missing word is "left" fitted before poor yi deng sentece.

so this is how it's suppose to sound

"and only left poor yi deng with ........."

While we're debating about Sweeper monk, take a look at this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2950751243
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

how does that link have anything to do with sweeper, it's a bloody cat.

Default Re: .

Originally posted by CC
    The novel never stated explicitly if Sweeper Monk used any defensive chi when taking Xiao Feng's blow. It may well be he did not, or used only a fraction. Possibly he deliberately let Xiao Feng injure him.

And with the broken ribs and carrying both XYS and MYB, he could outpace Xiao Feng.

And FYI, when Murong Fu tried to hit Sweeper monk with full force, he felt a force field 2 feet away from Sweeper Monk's body which repelled him. The amazing nature of the field was that it was extremely gentle, it pushed him back without pain or injury.
    It's interesting that Sweeper Monk's force repelled Murong Fu while it did not repell Xiao Feng's attack. Is that sufficient to conclude the force is generated by internal energy, meaning that he used energy to repell Murong Fu but did not use energy against Xiao Feng, thus taking a hard blow?

Sweeper Monk didn't use his energy field to repel Xiao Feng's attack. He only used his body to defend against the attack. The result was Xiao Feng breaking 3 of his ribs and Sweeper Monk coughing up blood and saying "Very good. 18 Dragon Subdueing Palms is definetly #1".

However I still think that it's IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to withstand a hit from Xiao Feng without using internal energy. Sweeper Monk must of used some portion of his internal energy.
    Last edited by minutemanwayne; 10-21-03 at 12:59 AM.
    Yo momma cat

Originally posted by minutemanwayne
    Sweeper Monk didn't use his energy field to repel Xiao Feng's attack. He only used his body to defend against the attack. The result was Xiao Feng breaking 3 of his ribs and Sweeper Monk coughing up blood and saying "Very good. 18 Dragon Subdueing Palms is definetly #1".

However I still think that it's IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to withstand a hit from Xiao Feng without using internal energy. Sweeper Monk must of used some portion of his internal energy.
    What kind of nut would take it on full force? He probably only used a portion of it to test Xiao Feng.

"What kind of nut would take it on full force?"

Don't kid yourself. The guy gently patted two of the most talented fighters the world had ever known and stopped their heartbeat instantly. Would YOU like to tell him he is a nut?

I think Sweeper Monk probably won't let QF hit him if the palms were aiming for his head instead, so he might not be a total nut. Usually, I think that if someone got hit by QF with full force, he or she will probably be smashed.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by PJ
    "What kind of nut would take it on full force?"

Don't kid yourself. The guy gently patted two of the most talented fighters the world had ever known and stopped their heartbeat instantly. Would YOU like to tell him he is a nut?
    I meant take it on full force as in... without using any inner energy at all to block

I've given more crude thoughts to this topic.

A Thought: are there other examples of someone A being able to kill someone B in one stance - how many Bs do you think will take to defeat A?

Just thought of one: Murong Buo probably could have killed Duan Zhengchun in one stance (according to DZC's thought after being knocked out by MRB). Certainly Murong Fu won't have much problem with 3 or 4 DZCs together (he defeated 2 of them without much trouble). Xiao Feng = MRB, and XF could take on 3 or 4 MRFs without much problem. Therefore, MRB can probably take on 9-16 DZCs.

Likewise, sweeper monk should be able to take about 10-15 MRBs.

That's screwy logic. How did Murong Fu take on 'two' DZC's? If you refer to the aid given by the Divine Croc, he's not even close to DZC's level of ability. And Xiao Feng was having problems with Murong Fu and You Tanzhi; I have no idea where the idea of taking on 4 MRF's come from.

Da Mo.

Besides it still wouldn't give any logical conclusion because the difference from Sweeper Monk to MRB could be greater than MRB to DZC, even though they both only took one stance. Like, XF could kill random fighter in one stance, but so can MRF. You can't conclude that XF and MRF are equal.

the Divine Croc...is not even close to DZC's level of ability
    Oh yeah? why do you think so?

And Xiao Feng was having problems with Murong Fu and You Tanzhi
    MRF + MRF is NOT even close to equalling MRF + YTZ. When these 2 very special people teamed up, their weaknesses (low techniques/low energy) were covered by eachother perfectly, thus giving XF a very difficult time. This doesn't mean XF cannot outperform 2 MRFs. You can see that Jiu Muozhi can tie 5 or 6 monks from the Celestial temple, because these people have the same weakness

XF completely overwhelmed DCQ, MRF, and YTZ at first. I believe he could continue to do so if he met three people of MRF or DCQ's level.

the difference from Sweeper Monk to MRB could be greater than MRB to DZC, even though they both only took one stance
    Could be, but I'm just speculating using similar situations. That's why I asked the question are there other examples of someone A being able to kill someone B in one stance - how many Bs do you think will take to defeat A?
    Last edited by PJ; 01-28-04 at 11:23 PM.

"Oh yeah? why do you think so?"

The book said so clearly. In the book, MRF, while fighting the two of them, noticed that even though the Croc's weapon was deadly, the Croc himself wasn't, but DZC's Yi Yang Zhi was not to be taken lightly. He focused almost all of his attention on DZC (and I believe the book said that he used basically 'leftover' energy to deal with the Croc).

"MRF + MRF is NOT even close to equalling MRF + YTZ."

You can take that point of view, I suppose. But I don't subscribe to it that much, especially considering the way Jing Yong described the fight.

"XF completely overwhelmed DCQ, MRF, and YTZ at first."

No he didn't. He 'bounced' so to speak. Attacked one, attacked the second, attacked a third. At no time at all did they attack him, as either an individual or a group. To quote Bruce Lee, "Boards don't punch back."

But I don't subscribe to it that much, especially considering the way Jing Yong described the fight.
    I re-read that part. JY repeatedly stated what gave XF the most problem is You Tanzhi's internal energy. I didn't see any bits that said MRF was a threat. It just said his martial arts were very good in general, and he was there to cover YTZ. Besides, MRF deliberately let YTZ take most of XL18Z's force. So I certainly don't place confidence in 2 MRF, both low in energy, matching XF.

I thought about it some more, but I would like to ask everyone. To someone with high internal energy like XF, which would give him more problem: 2 opponents with great techniques or 2 opponents with higher internal energy?

I think it will depend how far the range is. 2 person with greeat techniques won't pose to much problem to a skilled fighter with a lot more internal energy, unless it was a perfect formation. And two person with large amount of internal energy but as weak on techniques as YTZ will eventually be exposed and get beaten.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"