Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What does it take to defeat the Nameless Sweeper Monk?

Which means they weren't citizens of Song, and relaxing as royalties... so DuGu might not have met them at all

plus... 6MSJ can go through ANYTHING

Too bad QF died early, then teenage DGKB can compete with him and get himself a beat up of his life. I think that if DGKB really wanted to search for a true fighter, he would've go and search for XZ and DY even if they are at different places. He was so lonely because of no competition that he gone to live in a cave, so even if they live a couple thousand miles away I think he should've search for them since he's so hooked on martial arts.
    I sure don't understand why he is so lonely.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    Too bad QF died early, then teenage DGKB can compete with him and get himself a beat up of his life. I think that if DGKB really wanted to search for a true fighter, he would've go and search for XZ and DY even if they are at different places. He was so lonely because of no competition that he gone to live in a cave, so even if they live a couple thousand miles away I think he should've search for them since he's so hooked on martial arts.
    I sure don't understand why he is so lonely.
    It could also be that the two had already passed away of old age... or they've been away from Jiang Hu for so long, when DuGu came along, nobody really remembered them

It could also be that the two had already passed away of old age... or they've been away from Jiang Hu for so long, when DuGu came along, nobody really remembered them
    How can they be forgeted after only a few decades? Thier martial arts were rarely seen in the world so the chance of never even heard of them are quite low. I think with their martial arts, it's pretty hard to belive that they died before 85. DY should be in Dali and XZ should still be in his sect, so even if they didn't care too much about Jiang Hu, it is not hard to search for them.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

How can they be forgeted after only a few decades? Thier martial arts were rarely seen in the world so the chance of never even heard of them are quite low. I think with their martial arts, it's pretty hard to belive that they died before 85. DY should be in Dali and XZ should still be in his sect, so even if they didn't care too much about Jiang Hu, it is not hard to search for them.
    Well they did leave the country to rule some smaller country later...

What smaller countries? Do you mean Dali? It's not that far from where DGKB is it?

Um, you guys...

DKQB roamed ALL OF WUXIA in his Heavy Iron Sword Stage. That includes Dali.

However, he conveniently didn't go south during his teenage years. He went all over in his thirties.

And what makes you think 6MSJ goes through ANYTHING? It's unlockable in that anything it hits tends to break (unless it's one of those "special" metals). But if you infuse you weapon with enough chi, it'd be able to withstand it; afterall, the chi sword is still chi.

Alright, people, let's use some common sense here. DGQB is one of the only true 'legends' in Jing Yong's stories, and the ONLY legend who left REMNANTS of his skills behind which allowed TWO separate people to join the ranks of the highest echelons of fighters in the stories.

Jing Yong writes that he was 'undefeated', and has many different people marvel at his techniques and understanding of martial arts, including YG, who has seen -many- different types of high level martial arts, including Yi Yang Zhi, Tan Zhi Shen Tong, Xiang Long 18 Zhang, Ha Ma Gong, Tie Sha Shen Zhang, and Da Go Bang, as well as the Yu Nu Xing Jing. Yet when YG read the inscriptions Du Gu left behind, he felt like he was seeing a level of martial arts beyond everything that he'd seen and learned. It takes a lot for an experienced person like him to say that. In two separate books, JY makes him out to be someone who couldn't be defeated no matter how hard he tried to find an equal, and in two separate books, his 'pupils' become top-level fighters.

That being said, do you really...REALLY...think that the reason JY wrote that he was undefeated was because he was 'seeking for weak opponents?' Stop trying to make these things fit into your personal opinion, and instead take a look at the character Jing Yong was trying to create. Then you'll know exactly how good Du Gu was.

Oh, and pet peeve. 6MSJ is NOT sword chii, it's a combat-specialized Yi Yang Zhi. Even if it can be used the way a sword is, it isn't sword chii.

I didn't say "sword chi", I said "chi sword", which is effectively what it is.

I think DGKB is probably a very powerful martial artist. But I wonder had he ever fought XZ and DY? He should've if he wanted to find a loss during his younger days.

I think DGKB is probably a very powerful martial artist. But I wonder had he ever fought XZ and DY? He should've if he wanted to find a loss during his younger days.
    Maybe he's not even in their timeline?

Do anyone know about the approximate timeline of DGSD and LOCH?

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing

Oh, and pet peeve. 6MSJ is NOT sword chii, it's a combat-specialized Yi Yang Zhi. Even if it can be used the way a sword is, it isn't sword chii.
    While both 1 Yang finger and 6MSJ are both the properties of the Dali Duan family, and share simiilar characteristic. 6MSJ is weilded more like sword stances and not like acupoint strokes. It is thus more accurate to be called a sword chi.

So is 1 Yang finger only an accupoint technique? So if you got hit by it, you won't have a hole on your body?

Originally posted by Han Solo
    While both 1 Yang finger and 6MSJ are both the properties of the Dali Duan family, and share simiilar characteristic. 6MSJ is weilded more like sword stances and not like acupoint strokes. It is thus more accurate to be called a sword chi.
    No. 6MSJ is a derivative of Yi Yang Zhi. It's not just similarity, one is just a modification to the other.

And RE Chronoverse: I know you didn't say sword chii, I just wanted to air my pet peeve

Beating the Sweeper Monk isn't all that difficult.

Just go to Metropolis and get Superman . . .

Beating the Sweeper Monk isn't all that difficult.

Just go to Metropolis and get Superman . . .
    No need, I think Superboy is enough to take care of him.

Talking Well...

Superman is not invincible.
    The sweeping monk is invincible.
    He cannot be defeated.
    Last edited by Son of Light; 08-25-03 at 04:25 AM.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

So now instead of 9 yin being invincible, it turned into the old monk.

So now instead of 9 yin being invincible, it turned into the old monk.
    and the old monk turned into a girl too