Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What does it take to defeat the Nameless Sweeper Monk?

i'm not saying dugu is like like i'm saying maybe which means 50-50 chance of being correct.

I think that there are more than 50% that DGKB surpassed Gwok Jing and YG. He was called the Sword Demon, I just love that name. Have you read the part in the novel where YG got the heavy sword?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Again a statistic pulled from nowhere with nothing to back it up.

The chances of DGQB being less than a Great is miniscule to none. ONE of his skills, two levels below his best, propel YG to a level almost as high as the Greats. In fact, after YG worked at it and built his internal energy higher, he _was_ as good as a Great.

Originally posted by ChronoReverse
    Again a statistic pulled from nowhere with nothing to back it up.

The chances of DGQB being less than a Great is miniscule to none. ONE of his skills, two levels below his best, propel YG to a level almost as high as the Greats. In fact, after YG worked at it and built his internal energy higher, he _was_ as good as a Great.
    Well the galls and the teachings he received from before combining into the self founded Sad Palms was a big help too, but yes I agree that DuGu is definately better than the Greats

And those two levels aren't just teensy weensy levels either. There is a MASSIVE gap between Xuan Tie Jian and the Wooden Sword, and an even larger one between Wooden Sword and pure sword chi.

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    And those two levels aren't just teensy weensy levels either. There is a MASSIVE gap between Xuan Tie Jian and the Wooden Sword, and an even larger one between Wooden Sword and pure sword chi.
    Yup... it takes alot of talent and ability to reach the wooden sword level, and even alot more to the pure sword chi level.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Default .

Not getting into the argument of Dugu vs other fighters here but;

if you take Dugu's theory of formlessness and DG9J's theory of 'do what you like if it works' one could argue that the following
    list

sword without a sword

wooden sword

heavy sword

flexible sword

shows only Dugu's progression (in descending order) That is, for DGKB the heavy sword technique is a more effective technique compared to the flexible sword, but not necessary for some other swordsman. Someone like YG could possibly progress from his Xuan Tie Jian technique to a light sword technique where speed is emphasized over everything else. Its all up to the person. No one has to follow the exact same path Dugu did to supremacy.

Perhaps. But YG, after reading about the XTJF, realized that it described a 'level of martial arts more profound than anything he'd ever realized,' that using XTJF properly was even more effective than the Jade Maiden sword, which relied on unpredictability and fluctuation. That's a pretty telling endorsement.

Default .

I know. Its all debatable.

I always get a kick out of how 'Beat em senseless with a heavy iron stick using brute force' is a higher more evolved theory then the exquisite Jade maiden swordsmanship!

Beat them senseless with brute force is oversimplifying it. There is actually a certain technique to XTJF instead of just whacking at people with a heavy sword, which YG learned by training underwater for a full day after eating a considerable amount of snake gallbladders.

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    Perhaps. But YG, after reading about the XTJF, realized that it described a 'level of martial arts more profound than anything he'd ever realized,' that using XTJF properly was even more effective than the Jade Maiden sword, which relied on unpredictability and fluctuation. That's a pretty telling endorsement.
    With a sword, you only need to hit once to win.

Chrono ur the one wityh no proof, ok jin yong said he did'nt come across soemtone who could beat him, does that mean he cam across the greats of his time, no it dosen't.

Originally posted by Tian Cai
    Chrono ur the one wityh no proof, ok jin yong said he did'nt come across soemtone who could beat him, does that mean he cam across the greats of his time, no it dosen't.
    Maybe not but looking from his martial arts theories, we can see that it is much more advanced than the martial arts of the greats. It is only speculation but Dugu will absolutely destroy the greats in combat. By the way, I find your spelling very hard to understand.
    Yo momma cat

Originally posted by minutemanwayne
    Maybe not but looking from his martial arts theories, we can see that it is much more advanced than the martial arts of the greats. It is only speculation but Dugu will absolutely destroy the greats in combat. By the way, I find your spelling very hard to understand.
    he's either drunk and/or needs typing lessons

Originally posted by minutemanwayne
    i absolutely agree. i mean if DKGB was *bluffing* and just defeat all the pathetic wulin people and claim he is the best. his martial wouldnt be able to excel to far ahead of other people. remember that martial arts created two people to near GREATS status by just using part of his skill. if you add up 1+1=2 then you might as well as say DKGB sure will play the GREATS like toy.
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

It's more like 1+1+1+1+1=5. I bet he still got other great martial arts that were never seen before. Why didn't JY make a novel for him anyway. I think it could be very interesting.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    It's more like 1+1+1+1+1=5. I bet he still got other great martial arts that were never seen before. Why didn't JY make a novel for him anyway. I think it could be very interesting.
    Invincible, god-like figures are rather boring. You *know* they're going to win, so where's the drama?

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Invincible, god-like figures are rather boring. You *know* they're going to win, so where's the drama?
    But watching them make fools out of other people are funny
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

But JY can at least make a short story for him. It'll be cool seeing the legendary "Sword Demon" in action.

Originally posted by ProtoM
    But watching them make fools out of other people are funny
    Not for an entire book it wouldn't be. It'd be like watching DRAGONBALL Z.

Then again, people seem endlessly entertained by that anime series (although I don't get the appeal myself).