Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What does it take to defeat the Nameless Sweeper Monk?

Oh, and I've come up with a sure way to defeat the Janitor Monk *and* Dook Goo Kau Bai, even if they team up: just drop an atomic bomb on them.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Not for an entire book it wouldn't be. It'd be like watching DRAGONBALL Z.

Then again, people seem endlessly entertained by that anime series (although I don't get the appeal myself).
    As a matter of fact, i am a DBZ fans. I have all the episodes. LOL. But yeah, anime is like Wuxia. Once you find one series that you like, you will alway come back looking for more. Thus start the whole addiction
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

I like DBZ too, and even Goku gets beat up once in a while. I say more information about DGKB will be interesting. You could know about the people that he challenge and the exact level of his martial arts.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Ok there one person in jy universe that no one can beat and that ofcos is master damo himself so if damo had a battle wioth anyone in jy uniuverse he would win even if it's dugu or huang seng or sweeper monk no one can beat damo.

and if u wnat proof just read tian long and u woiuld realise how the sweeper monk says how good damo was.

Maybe, but there were so less information about Damo, I don't care even if he is 5 times as strong as Sweeper Monk. You can barely say that he was related to the JY's Universe.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

how isn't he he was mentined in jy universe and so was dugu if damo dosen't relate then neither can dugu.

But Doma is barely mentioned all we know is that he knew the 72 martial arts.

Read tian long again theres a part where he is said to be really really good.

Default Well...

1st, Damo is a legend too far ago, we can't be sure anything said about him is real.
    We all know in ancient China, a lot of Myth and legends are taken for the true.
    We know, that DGQB invented the sword because...
    1: It's his own writing on the sword tomb.
    2: Ming wasn't so far from Song(200~300 yrs), and Song, Ming and Qing is closer to peresnt day, with less legends.
    Damo came in Sui, that was just around the end of 6Chao, one of the chaotic age of legends.
    Next, it was very far from Song.
    Many of the 72 skills had very chinese sounding names.
    Why would one person have 72 skills? I mean, 4 or 5 different plams, 4 or 5 finger attacks, 5 or 6 inner strength...
    A good martial artist only need one kind of moves.
    The only logical conclusion we can draw from this is that most of the 72 skills are invented by other people.

Next, on DB.
    It's sick. There's never any explaination on where their powers came from.
    There's endless inconsistance.
    For example, the DB people never reach near the speed of light, not even 1%.
    For supersonic speed, the most I guess they go will be 5 or 8 times sound speed.
    Now, since power=speed, and their weight is not really that heavy.
    With powers enough to destroy planet, they should at least be near, around 5~10% light speed.
    They weren't even 0.0001% that.
    Next, they are always fighting with full power on a planet one of their normal blast could destroy in one hit. The planet did not suffer lasting damage from the fight.
    It's stupid.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

You could say that the blasts of DBZ is unproportional to their powers, but it's only an anime. You can't possibly enjoy too much out of anime if you're too technical with these stuff.

back to topic. I am going to attempt to measure Sweeper Monk's level based on some comparisons (which may or may not be accurate).

Sweeper Monk could kill Murong Buo with one stance. So one question would be, can he take Xu Zhu + Duan Yu + Qiao Feng? While this can be hard to measure, I will judge it in a rather crude manner. Sweeper could also take on QF's Dragon Palms -WITHOUT- any internal energy. I can't imagine QF even touching him if Sweeper took things seriously. In my opinion, Sweeper can pretty much kill Murong Buo, Xiao Yuanshan, and Xiao Feng without trouble.

Who can Qiao Feng kill in one stance? Can he do that to the Divine Croc #3? We know that he did injure #4 during the 300 people battle, but #4 was running and did not move into a defensive posture like MRB did; however #4 was further apart from QF. but I am not even sure if QF can kill him like Sweeper killed MRB. And #4 is way worse than QF.

I think perhaps at best, Qiao Feng can kill someone like #4 with one stance (what is everyone's opinion on this?). QF can surely take three #4s no problem, as he took on three much more powerful fighters without -much- problem.

Therefore, I do not think Sweeper Monk will have trouble against the three bros, but of course I haven't proved anything, just some thinkings.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Can anyone describe to me how Sweeper Monk took on QF's dragon palms? Was he injure or did nothing happened.

superboy: you probably want to hear it from a more credible source, but Laviathan confirmed that "the Sweep[er Monk did not use inner strength to take Xiao Feng's blow, he just accepted the blow with his old body." Which is amazing, to think that an old skinny monk could take the most forceful palm style. What happened afterwards, according to an expert: the sweeper monk coughed up some blood and broke a few bones, admitting "the eighteen dragon subdueing palms are really impressive."

Further, TristeCoeur writes: The monk said that he would take the sins and hatreds of the Murong's and the Xiao's on himself to stop them killing each other (and to teach them the real meaning of life and death). That's why he "killed" Murong Bo for XYS to avenge the death of his wife and the separation of him and his son, then "killed" XYS to stop Murong Fu from seeking XF/XYS to avenge his father's death. After he killed XYS, he accepted that palm from XF. It's the same thing.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Thanks PJ for answering to my question. I'd heard of it somewhere before, but just wasn't too sure about it. Wonder how the Sweeper Monk still managed to run so fast with broken ribs. Wouldn't it cause futher injuries like risking the organs being stabbed by the broken bones?

I think there is a chance that Sweeper Monk will have some trouble facing the three brothers. He needed to fight QF's and XZ's combined force will dodging Dy's 6MSJ in the process.

He took on Qiao Feng's dad and Murong Bo easily enough, and you aren't about to say that Xu Zhu and Duan Yu are better than those two, I trust?

I know, but certain people are better to fight certain opponents. XZ's internal energy may or may not be able to go up against Sweeper Monk's plus QF's techiques. Sort of like the time MRF and YTZ fight QF, except this time DY will be in the corner using 6MSJ on Sweeper Monk during the fight.

Penetrating the Janitor Monk's personal chi force field will be the toughest part of trying to defeat him. I'm not sure if even Kiu Fung, Hui Juk, and Deun Yu combined could produce enough inner power to counter the Janitor Monk's.

Then again, maybe it isn't as impossible as it seems. In ROCH, when Gwok Jing fought the Golden Wheel Monk, Wan Hak Sai, Siu Seung Tze, and Lui Mor Singh, the collective inner power generated by those five fighters (two of which were Greats level, and the other three of which were highly formidable in their own right) was enough to cause Ma Gorn Jor to be bounced back out of the battle arena. Similarly, in HSDS, the combined inner power generated by Cheung Mo Gei and the three Shaolin Elders was able to keep Chow Chi Yerk from entering the arena as well. These are feats *similar* to what the Janitor Monk achieved (although he did it all by his little lonesome, and we don't know how much of his total energy was required for him to generate his force field) . . . so maybe it's not inconceivable that the Janitor Monk can be overwhelmed.

Maybe the penetrative power of 6MSJ could go through his shield, or it could fail.

Default .

Originally posted by PJ
    superboy: you probably want to hear it from a more credible source, but Laviathan confirmed that "the Sweep[er Monk did not use inner strength to take Xiao Feng's blow, he just accepted the blow with his old body." Which is amazing, to think that an old skinny monk could take the most forceful palm style. What happened afterwards, according to an expert: the sweeper monk coughed up some blood and broke a few bones, admitting "the eighteen dragon subdueing palms are really impressive."

Further, TristeCoeur writes: The monk said that he would take the sins and hatreds of the Murong's and the Xiao's on himself to stop them killing each other (and to teach them the real meaning of life and death). That's why he "killed" Murong Bo for XYS to avenge the death of his wife and the separation of him and his son, then "killed" XYS to stop Murong Fu from seeking XF/XYS to avenge his father's death. After he killed XYS, he accepted that palm from XF. It's the same thing.

The novel never stated explicitly if Sweeper Monk used any defensive chi when taking Xiao Feng's blow. It may well be he did not, or used only a fraction. Possibly he deliberately let Xiao Feng injure him.

And with the broken ribs and carrying both XYS and MYB, he could outpace Xiao Feng.

And FYI, when Murong Fu tried to hit Sweeper monk with full force, he felt a force field 2 feet away from Sweeper Monk's body which repelled him. The amazing nature of the field was that it was extremely gentle, it pushed him back without pain or injury.

Why would the Sweeper Monk want his ribs to be broken. Was he intending to have a massage or something?