Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What does it take to defeat the Nameless Sweeper Monk?

Default Re: .

Originally posted by CC
    I never thought of XZ as being totally inept in the martial arts. Even with crazy internal power, it still should take a bit of talent to master all that kung fu.

I wonder how JY will do the Dragon Palm story. Maybe it became 18 palms instead of 24 because 18 was all that XZ could remember!
    '

I never doubted that he had talents, but he was never the supreme talent like QF, and always there's the nagging feeling that his martial prowess does not match up to his inner energy.

Originally posted by minutemanwayne
    Alot of people in this forum would agree that TSTL and LCS would defeat XF. However, alot of people thinks XF would defeat XZ when it was stated in the novel that XZ had surpassed TSTL herself.
    Interesting, can you pls describe further in what area that XZ had exceeded TSTL? In terms of inner power? or techiques?

If in terms of inner power, then it doesn't really meant much, does it?

Default .

Originally posted by Han Solo
    Interesting, can you pls describe further in what area that XZ had exceeded TSTL? In terms of inner power? or techiques?

If in terms of inner power, then it doesn't really meant much, does it?
    The novel itself didnt spend too much time detailing it. JY just stated that XZ's abilities had already surpassed Tong Lao. It was at the last battle against the Liao army when saving Xiao Feng.

But I don't think he had learnt Ba Hwang skill though.

Default .

Originally posted by minutemanwayne
    Alot of people in this forum would agree that TSTL and LCS would defeat XF. However, alot of people thinks XF would defeat XZ when it was stated in the novel that XZ had surpassed TSTL herself.
    Hee hee, thats not a problem for me since I am one of those who believe that Xiao Feng will beat everyone except Sweeper Monk and maybe tie with Xu Zhu.

I think if Xiao Feng fought Xu Zhu, he might win if he used more vicious tactics like going for the eyes, groin, dirty tricks etc etc.

Originally posted by CC
    Hee hee, thats not a problem for me since I am one of those who believe that Xiao Feng will beat everyone except Sweeper Monk and maybe tie with Xu Zhu.

I think if Xiao Feng fought Xu Zhu, he might win if he used more vicious tactics like going for the eyes, groin, dirty tricks etc etc.
    Dragon Stealing Peach?

i would'nt call a 3 option poll a good enough one comeon man u had guo jing and qiao feng where was the other 10 or so people. Wheres dugu wheres sweeper if they were they i think guo jing would get like 3 votes if his lucky.
    I don't think you understand. The poll has 3 options: Qiao Feng, Guo Jing, and everyone else. Clearly, if someone wants to vote for Dugu Qiubai (which nobody should, unless he doesn't know wuxia at all), he should choose the SOME OTHER GUY option. So there is that option, but of course everyone knows the most popular heroic candidate is Guo Jing or Qiao Feng. By the way, there is hard any reason to vote for anyone else besides those two.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Why do people think that TSTL is that strong in the novel? Is it only because it stated the she can kill first class fighter with one move or is there more? I would say among the three brothers, QF is number one fighter, but I don't know whether XZ is stronger or DY.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

XZ > DY.

DY have 6MSJ and Bei Ming Shen Gong and Li Bo lightness kungfu.

XZ have Tian Shan 6 Yang Pam, Xia Wu Xiang Gong, Life and Death Testament, and other Xia Yao kungfu plus probably HL18Palm.

In terms of inner power, DY have Jiu Mo Zhi + lots of other first class fighters.

XZ have the combined powers of the three Xiao Yao elders.

Inner power wise, XZ exceeds DY.

Techniques wise, 6MSJ is the top technique in DSGD. Bei Ming Shen Gong and Li Bo lightness kungfu are both great kungfu. But with XZ's increasing mastery of Xiao Yao kungfu at the end of the novel, DY edges XZ only marginally.

Thus, XZ > DY.

Default .

Add to the fact that XZ actually practises his kung fu techniques while I don't see Duan Yu practising.

One thing about 6MSJ being the top technique. Most people attribute 6MSJ being top dog due to the invisible nature and long range ability of the 'chi blade'. But looking at the description of Duan Yu's fight, the 'chi blade' doesnt extend out much more then 10 feet. So if you can blast him from range (Life Death talisman, Dragon Palm, Projectiles etc), the range aspect of 6MSJ should be negated at least.

Originally posted by CC
    Add to the fact that XZ actually practises his kung fu techniques while I don't see Duan Yu practising.

One thing about 6MSJ being the top technique. Most people attribute 6MSJ being top dog due to the invisible nature and long range ability of the 'chi blade'. But looking at the description of Duan Yu's fight, the 'chi blade' doesnt extend out much more then 10 feet. So if you can blast him from range (Life Death talisman, Dragon Palm, Projectiles etc), the range aspect of 6MSJ should be negated at least.
    He can defend himself with 6MSJ though, and is able to run fast enough to get within range, I believe.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

He should stop pointing his aimless fingers and just run up to the guy to suck him dry (note: this doesn't apply to the supers like Sweeper Monk Qiu Feng and the likes)

Heh. Qiao Feng did a running blast at Ding Chunqiu from well over 100 feet (150, I believe it was), with the force from the blows striking him whilest 40 feet or so away. Now -that- is speed and distance.

lets bot forget dy is a pansy, he dosen't like kungfu, his like wuji except wuji has more of a fighting heart.

Originally posted by Tian Cai
    lets bot forget dy is a pansy, he dosen't like kungfu, his like wuji except wuji has more of a fighting heart.
    Yes but he grew to accept it. What he doesn't like about martial arts is that it's used to hurt and kill people. Other than that, I don't think he has any problems with martial arts at all. He will fight if the situation asks for it.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Not to change the topic of this thread or anything, but I have to ask if people think Terry Pratchett got his idea for the sweeper monk in Thief of Time from wuxia works.
    "And the Bastard grant us, in our direst need, the smallest gifts: the nail of the horseshoe, the pin of the axle, the feather at the pivot point, the pebble at the mountain's peak, the kiss in despair, the one right word. In darkness, understanding." -- Paladin of Souls by Lois McMaster Bujold.

Default .

Originally posted by kraal
    Not to change the topic of this thread or anything, but I have to ask if people think Terry Pratchett got his idea for the sweeper monk in Thief of Time from wuxia works.
    I don't think Pratchett read JY. He probably based it on some western source like Mr Miyagi from the Karate Kid movie.

Remember rule #1.

So was it ever said that 6msj was the best martial arts in the novel or something? How come so many people say that?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Jiu Mo Zhi's comment that the two greatest martial arts in the central plains are 6MSJ and Yi Jin Jing.

Originally posted by Han Solo
    Jiu Mo Zhi's comment that the two greatest martial arts in the central plains are 6MSJ and Yi Jin Jing.
    Was Kau Mor Tze a credible source, however? He was a bit . . . obssessed, if you will.

Default .

I don't think Jiu Mo Zhi knew about the existence of Bei Ming, Ba Hwang and the rest of the Xiao Yao kung fu.

Besides, he never saw Yi Jin Jing and 6MSJ in action before the story started, so he probably thinks its the best due to some rumour someone told him.