Thread: Miejue Shi Tai and her skills?

Default Miejue Shi Tai and her skills?

I wonder where she ranked in her skills in HSDS. She was definitely not as good as Zhang Sanfeng or Zhang Wuji. Was she better than Eagle King, Bat King, Dragon King, Lion King and the left and right vanguards of Ming Jiao cult and the Xuanming elders? Would she win against any of these people one-on-one without the heavenly sword, purely based on her skills and a normal sword, not a special sword?

Without her sword, she's generally regarded as around the same level as the people you mentioned above, and below the XM elders.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Without her sword, she's generally regarded as around the same level as the people you mentioned above, and below the XM elders.
    So with her sword, she was superior to the 4 kings, 2 vanguards/messengers and perhaps even the Xuanming elders?

hmm i always thought the golden flower lady can beat her easily without her sword and fight to a draw with her sword.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    hmm i always thought the golden flower lady can beat her easily without her sword and fight to a draw with her sword.
    Nah, Golden Flower had the advantage of a much better staff and broke her weapon before she used the Heaven Sword, and conversely she had the advantage of a better weapon and broke Golden Flower's staff. They were portrayed as equals more or less in that scene.

She didn't have a lot of comparisons between the other guardians, but since Golden Flower is more or less on the same level and likely would have lost against the heaven sword, I'd say chances are good that the others would lose too.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    Granny Golden Flower can beat Mit Jeut See Tai after a protracted struggle if MJ is sans Heavenly Sword, but if MJ has the Heavenly Sword to hand, she can kill Granny Golden Flower.

Miejue did some cool stuff. There's the ultra slick way she got around Wuji's 9 Yang auto-protect to knock him out anyway. There's her using one hand (with Heavenly Sword in the other, not wanting to use it against barehanded opponents) quickly sealing the acupoints of over 50 Ming Cult members.

Yet she also had setbacks. Her biggest embarrassment was perhaps having her weapon broken in a fair fight by Ming Cult's Vigorous Gold Banner leader Zhuang Zheng, who title-wise is ranked lower than the guardians and messengers.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Also worth mentioning was the fact that her fight against Wuji, on Brightness Peak, was described as almost forcing the crowd's hearts jump out of their body, for they could hardly contain the excitement of watching the lethal-ness of her continuous strikes and the closeness from which Wuji evaded.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Nah, Golden Flower had the advantage of a much better staff and broke her weapon before she used the Heaven Sword, and conversely she had the advantage of a better weapon and broke Golden Flower's staff. They were portrayed as equals more or less in that scene.

She didn't have a lot of comparisons between the other guardians, but since Golden Flower is more or less on the same level and likely would have lost against the heaven sword, I'd say chances are good that the others would lose too.
    I thought it was said the Golden Flower was noticeably the weakest amongst the Guardian Lords?

Quote Originally Posted by hyoyatika View Post
    I thought it was said the Golden Flower was noticeably the weakest amongst the Guardian Lords?
    I thought I posted this elsewhere recently... No, IIRC such was never said. What was said is that the reason for her being ranked first among the lords isn't superior MA. But it was not said that she was weaker than them either. Judging by her various performances, I don't think she is weaker than them.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Wei Yixiao was mentioned to be the weakest in terms of "real MA".