Thread: Queens Of Diamonds And Hearts (東西宮略)

Default Queens Of Diamonds And Hearts (東西宮略)

Queens Of Diamonds And Hearts
    (東西宮略)
    Cast
    Roger Kwok
    Fala Chen
    Sharon Chan
    Louis Yuen
    Koni Lui
    Yoyo Chen
    Raymond Cho
    Ben Wong
    Oscar Leung
    Jimmy Au Sui-Wai

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-XrSMK8DxNcM/T0uegzKhfVI/AAAAAAAAANk/6rwMXXBFTHM/s800/qodah6.jpg')

Have anyone watch this drama here already?

I watched the first episode of this series. I thought it was unbearable.

Quite a bit of mugging but I don't feel it's as bad as some of the older ancient comedies like "A Bride for a Ride" or "Wintermelon's Tale" - I need to watch a couple more episodes.

I think it's okay. Light-hearted and it's pretty amusing to see Roger Kwok with such a despicable personality.

I've been watching it over dinner with my bf's family sometimes, and it seems pretty okay. I quite like the casting...at least there's no Charmaine, Kate, Linda, or any of those stiff Miss HKs. There's definitely a twist with some soul-swapping later on, which does deviate from the story, but as long as it's done right, I don't mind.

Does anyone happen to know why the king addresses Zhong Wu Yan as "Zi Tong?"

Watching episode 24. I hate hate hate Ha Ying Chun. I hate her more than Duke Sun Yeung. Stupid woman without brain. I've already ranted in asianfanatics, but, still want to rant again here.

click to show/hide spoilers
    I'm annoyed at how easily Ying Chun thinks badly of Mo Yim. Even after Mo Yim risk her life to save her, she choose to believe Mo Yim harmed her. Just a few words from her family, she totally removed all doubts from her mind and want Mo Yim dead and refuse to listen to any reason. Such an annoying person. It's Mo Yim who went all out to clear her name just because of one bowl of rice. It's Mo Yim who demanded the King to marry Ying Chun after she found out the King slept with Mo Yim. I know she's jealous and insecure because Mo Yim is smarter than her and can help the King a lot. But, still, after Mo Yim's last sacrifice, she still did not believe Mo Yim or give her little bit of doubt is too much.

Ha Ying Chun cannot think. When the King as Keung Jik Yan why he went to the jetty, Keung Jik Yan look at Ying Chun and refuse to tell the truth. Ying Chun looks like she was very sure Jik Yan won't tell on her. If this was the case, she knew how much Jik Yan cared for her and loved her. So, why would she still believe Keung Jik Yan will harm her child. Stupid woman.

I wonder if this woman will get any comeuppance for the bad things she did or she's just forgiven because she's supposedly good at heart and just being deceived by Duke Sun Yeung. Most probably the latter.

Even if she wants to avenge her baby, it's not right of her to use such devious method. There's no excuse for it. I wonder how good at heart she really is when she frames people for heinous punishable by death.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-01-12 at 11:41 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by poppies View Post
    Does anyone happen to know why the king addresses Zhong Wu Yan as "Zi Tong?"
    According to history, 'Zi Tong' is a term used by others to address the queen or used by the queen to address herself. I'm not sure whether the term was used only by the king or by the queen when talking to the king. The examples give by the text I read are conversations between a king and his queen. How the word came about is a long story.

I know in the series, only the king called Mo Yim 'Zi Tong' and Mo Yim addressed herself as 'bun gong'. Maybe the research text the scriptwriters use only have the king address the queen this way, and no self-address of the queen. I don't know.

Here's the text I read. If you know chinese, you can read it.

http://forum.tvb.com/viewtopic.php?f=691&t=185470

What Duke Sun Yeung said is right.
    Ying Chun let her jealousy blind her. That's why she so easily believe Mo Yim harm her. Not only Mo Yim's friends can see what type of person Mo Yim is, even her enemy can see. It's only jealous Ying Chun who cannot see.

That is interesting. Thank you for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    According to history, 'Zi Tong' is a term used by others to address the queen or used by the queen to address herself
    That is interesting. Thank you for the information.