Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hero 英雄 (Kevin Cheng, Ying-er, Micheal Tse)

Wonder when this will be airing?

Last edited by Luanee; 09-16-12 at 09:50 AM.

Found this website, anyone knows when will this be airing?[SIZE=3]

http://yule.4hw.com.cn/ndhot/15601.html[/SIZE]

My translation below, may contain SPOILERS :

Gou Jian (Micheal Tse), the new king of Yue country, just won a war over the Wu country. Among the chaos, Fu Chai (Kevin Cheng) became the new king of Wu country.. Xi Shi (Ying-er) and Fan Li (Ken Chu) live among the mountains like fairies initially, but gradually they split into 2 camps, having chosen different paths in their lives. One chose love and the other chose power. Fu Chai later defeated the Yue country, but he didn’t kill Gou Jian. Gou Jian, under the guidance of Fan, entered the Wu country as a prisoner of war.

This is a story about 2 men’s tragedies. Fu Chai is reluctant king, being pushed towards power during a critical time. His thinking is liberal, his actions are different, his mind is full of ideals. He treasures love, and treat every woman kindly. On the other hand, Gou Jian is an ambitious man who can manipulate strenghts and weaknesses for his success. But his life is constantly tortured by dangers, ambitions and power. He used unscrupulous ways to kill Fu Chai’s father, and even hurt his own subordinates, people and broke his own family, though he managed to win the initial and last successes. Initially Fu Chai only wanted Gou Jian’s life, but in the end he managed to secure a most glamourous victory between the 2 countries, and won both his opponents and his people’s love and respect, as well as Xi Shi’s heart.

Xi Shi was initially Fan Li’s soul-mate. But because of Fan Li’s ambitions, he sacrificed Xi Shi. Xi Shi and Fu Chai fell in love at first sight, and both shared the same ideals for peace amongst the people. Fan stayed on the outside to control everything, though he only managed to control the conflict between Wu and Yue countries, yet he cannot control Xi Shi’s heart and emotions. After Xi Shi escaped from Fan Li, she refused to be entangled in the war between the 2 countries, and chose just to enjoy the love between herself and Fu Chai. Fan Li pushed Xi Shi to Fu Chai, but he stood on Gou Jian’s side. In order to capture back Xi Shi, Gou Jian did a unscrupulous thing. Although Fu Chai loved Xi Shi deeply, he had to return her to Fan eventurally.

Fan Li won back Xi Shi eventually, but lived a life of regrets.
    Fu Chai lost the world, but he walked towards death with satisfaction.
    Gou Jian was victorious, though it seem he did not gain anything at all.
    Xi Shi was not the cause of the war, she was the end of it.

what's up with the storyline? they're messing with history.

They all sound so sappy...I don't think I've ever seen a Xi Shi to my liking. Maybe because Xi Shi was a favorite of mine out of the four beauties of china i could never really accept any of them.

hopefully it won't be as bad.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Post-production has ended, now waiting for TV station to broadcast

http://ent.xinmin.cn/2012/08/15/15894428.html

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.xinmin.cn/2012/08/15/20120815093007938049.jpg')

Nice song

The last thing that's needed is another adaptation of the Wu/Yue conflict.

Zhang Ji Zhong already produced the DEFINITIVE Spring and Autumn epic with Bing Sheng.

And even though Xi Shi wasn't technically in Bing Sheng, the character Zhai Qian (played by Xu Huan Huan) was basically ZJZ's answer to Xi Shi.

Another one of these done-to-death productions will NOT trump Bing Sheng. It already destroys both The Great Revival and Rebirth of a King.

Bing Sheng's cast list on Wikipedia and D-Addicts really needs to be updated. If you look at the end credits, there are more than DOUBLE the # of credited actors than what is listed. TONS of historical figures from the Spring and Autumn period appear in Bing Sheng (with Wikipedia entries, no less) and are NOT credited on DramaWiki or Wikipedia. Ou Ye Zi, King Yun Chang, and Fei Wu Ji ... just to name a FEW.

This production will NOT match it, period.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 10-29-12 at 01:20 AM.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Anyone know if this show is worth watching and if yes where can I watch it?
    Thanks

watched the ending last night on youtube. don't get it. Really anti-climatic ending. I really can't find any standout performances from any of the casts. I was FFing most of the scenes anyway - things move slow and everyone is very pathetic. My advice is do not watch it unless you really like Kevin Cheng.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    watched the ending last night on youtube. don't get it. Really anti-climatic ending. I really can't find any standout performances from any of the casts. I was FFing most of the scenes anyway - things move slow and everyone is very pathetic. My advice is do not watch it unless you really like Kevin Cheng.
    Another bomb drama? I was looking forward to seeing Mystery in the Palace or what the title was I don't know. And then this series not so much, but still...bummer. Well, you watched it for Kevin.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Another bomb drama? I was looking forward to seeing Mystery in the Palace or what the title was I don't know. And then this series not so much, but still...bummer. Well, you watched it for Kevin.

Even Mystery In the Palace made more sense than this. There were so many miscasts in here. I still cannot get past Michael's oily curly wig. Looks like a dead animal on his head. Yes, I watched both series just for Kevin ...
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I watched mystery of the palace, fastforwarding most of the time till its kevin part but most of the time he was getting his *** kicked....hopefully he doesn't get abused that much here?

Would appreciate if anyone has suggestion to watch hero...the yoytube link I found had poor quality pic