Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gloves come off 拳王

I agree that the show started off interesting with the boxing tournaments and training. But the story after success hits hard with so much drama that it seems forced. People turn evil for the sake of a villian being needed. The events of the Kevin-Selena-Edwin love triangle is distressing and over-dramatic. The other love polygon (thanks to one member being involved with three dudes) really bores me and i wish it can be over. I really do not think that there is a couple here with any outstanding chemistry but Kevin looks really good with Selena.

I feel Florence has been misused in here. She is such a versatile actress yet she hardly ever does anything important. She would have made a great villian instead of the two annoying ones we have to put up with. However, Natalie has really shown improvement in her emotional scenes and her speech is mroe smoother now. I wish they had focussed more on the actual sports than the romance.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I really like the beginning of the show. It had me thinking that this would be better than the trailer. The trailer felt more like a movie then a TV. Everything was going well. Around the half way point everything started to downhill. Way to much drama. Most of it was not necessary. Not every show needs some crazy love drama. I thought the ending turned out pretty good base on how everything turn out but it had the potential to be much better if you take out all the pointless drama and more focus on the tournament and training.

click to show/hide spoilers

I really like the bonding with Sap Yat and his son. I liked every scene they were in. It's a shame we don't see them together near the half way point. After that we only seem them talk to each other over the phone once.

After episode 13 everything started to go downhill. I would much rather see But Ka Shing continue working on being the best instead of going for fame. The fame only created more unnecessary drama in the series. The series could have been shorted to 18-20 episodes instead of 25.

I didn't like how Power Chan character. I don't think he was necessary. He was there just to create drama. Even so I didn't like how his character evolve. I don't mind the power hungry evolution but it's how he became a creepy person. He had a camera put in his ex-girlfriend place. That's just creepy. He was monitoring everything she did in her personal life. Even after they broke up he was still trying to get her to like him again...in a bad, creepy, and weirdway.

Katy Kung played her role very well but her character was not necessary for the show. They just wrote her in just for the sake of drama and developing villains late in the show.