Thread: Fukushima pets

Unhappy Fukushima pets

I keep bawling while reading these two articles, especially the part about the dog that was chained up to his home for 39 days and survived and yet sadly died a few days after being reunited with his family.

I wonder if there's any way to donate money to help the animal organization that is going into the no-go zone to help rescue the pets.

Fukushima pets in no-go zone face harsh winter

Fukushima Pets Running Out of Time

No need to look, there are humane society in your city where the money goes to help pets. The unwanted animals in your city needs your help just as much.

There were a few animal organizations that travelled to the no go zone to help out, such as world vets. But then there were also a few scam organizations that were taking advantage of people's generosity.

This website has a petition that is trying to encourage the japanese government to save these animals. You can also donate here too.

http://savefukushimaanimals.com/
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    No need to look, there are humane society in your city where the money goes to help pets. The unwanted animals in your city needs your help just as much.
    I donate to the ASPCA.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    There were a few animal organizations that travelled to the no go zone to help out, such as world vets. But then there were also a few scam organizations that were taking advantage of people's generosity.

This website has a petition that is trying to encourage the japanese government to save these animals. You can also donate here too.

http://savefukushimaanimals.com/
    Thanks, patricia. I went to the site you provided and signed the petition. I think I'm going to donate, too.

I cry every time I read the stories at these humane society websites. I must be such a crybaby.